Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 8 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#351 Posted: 02:29:26 04/09/2015
^Sonic Shuffle isn't a good game because as a party game, it's paced incredibly poorly, has a lot of pointless things like the "event" things, and doesn't do a good job of conveying it's mechanics. A lot of the mini-games also have similar problems.

I was watching an LP once where one of the people in the room watching the others play literally fell asleep because it was just that boring to watch.

Also the graphics are ripped on because it was released after Adventure, yet the graphics are worse. It uses the exact same models as Adventure for the characters, but the the cel shading effect just doesn't mesh with the models and the animations somehow manage to be worse than Adventure, even though some of them are supposed to be the same thing.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:20 04/09/2015 by sonicbrawler182
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#352 Posted: 02:44:42 04/09/2015
rosalina is the most overrated princess
---
BREATHE AIR.
#353 Posted: 02:54:30 04/09/2015
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor

It's a good thing I don't know any Rosalinas that are princesses, then.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:55:01 04/09/2015 by sonicbrawler182
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#354 Posted: 03:16:10 04/09/2015

I was gonna say in b4 sonic brawler, but to late. You must have a Rosalina alert that goes off whenever someone mentions her.
---
Dead
#355 Posted: 03:43:18 04/09/2015
[User Posted Image]
>people defend this cardboard cutout woman
---
BREATHE AIR.
#356 Posted: 03:47:57 04/09/2015
also unpopular opinion thread reply

rosalina is good
---
BREATHE AIR.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#357 Posted: 04:21:20 04/09/2015
unpopular opinion: super mario galaxy was a good game
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#358 Posted: 04:28:12 04/09/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

he dosent think this?!
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#359 Posted: 08:22:53 04/09/2015
Quote: shroom boom
Quote: StriderSwag

he dosent think this?!

joke

your head
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#360 Posted: 08:38:44 04/09/2015
  • Super Paper Mario is the best in the Paper Mario Series.
  • DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
    #361 Posted: 09:07:35 04/09/2015
    Quote: sonicbrawler182
    Chiming in on the previous discussion about KH girls, but I'll spoiler it because story details:

snip

TL;DR, I think Kairi is of forced importance and a bit of a Mary Sue, Xion is what Kairi should have been from the beginning, and Naminé is her own thing and I adore her even more than Xion partly because I find her most relatable and she's all around a precious cinnamon roll.

Okay I'm not going to lie, that part about Kairi does make sense. I do like her, but Aqua is still my favourite. Even though I am a supporter of SoraxKairi, IMO it would be more interesting if he would to move on from her in KH3, to ether another character or even not getting with anyone (I know I should have said this earlier but eh). But it's probably not going to happen. Not to mention there isn't really any other character he could move on to unless new characters are introduced (although now that you've mentioned it, Namine is a pretty good candidate. I actually ship her with Roxas though xD) I know there's Riku but I think Square/Disney is set on making those two 'hetro life partners' or something.
    ---
    a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
    Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:22:08 04/09/2015 by DarkCynder_543
    #362 Posted: 11:58:40 04/09/2015
    [Image Unavailable]

But Miss Rosalina is fat in all of the right places!

Also I don't really defend her because I realised people who genuinely dislike her and get angry at her generally have a screw loose. Or they just suck at Smash. :3

Quote:
    I was gonna say in b4 sonic brawler, but to late. You must have a Rosalina alert that goes off whenever someone mentions her.

If you'd take your googly eyes and look at previous posts, you'd notice I was posting here already because I was discussing other things. Thank you and come again.

Quote: TTD
  • Super Paper Mario is the best in the Paper Mario Series.

• I haven't played through the others, but it is a severely underrated game.

Quote:
    Okay I'm not going to lie, that part about Kairi does make sense. I do like her, but Aqua is still my favourite. Even though I am a supporter of SoraxKairi, IMO it would be more interesting if he would to move on from her in KH3, to ether another character or even not getting with anyone (I know I should have said this earlier but eh). But it's probably not going to happen. Not to mention there isn't really any other character he could move on to unless new characters are introduced (although now that you've mentioned it, Namine is a pretty good candidate. I actually ship her with Roxas though xD) I know there's Riku but I think Square/Disney is set on making those two 'hetro life partners' or something.

I don't exactly dislike Kairi. In terms of her standalone personality and what not, I think she's perfectly fine. It's just how a lot of her importance to the story feels super forced and how SoraxKairi is not well built up to, when it's obvious it's gonna become canon. The way I see it, SoraxKairi is a typical "Disney" pairing in how it's written (in that they are essentially destined to be together), while something like XionxRoxas or SoraxNamine would be more a Square Enix pairing with more build up and development.

And I didn't mention Aqua because I haven't played her story in BBS yet, but I hear a lot of people praise her and say she's one of the best KH characters, and even my brother who normally doesn't get too deep into stuff like KH, seems to really like her. So I have high expectations for her.
    ---
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:01:54 04/09/2015 by JCW555
    Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
    #363 Posted: 12:13:01 04/09/2015
    Quote: Sesshomaru75
    1 its not a slur,
    2. no I understand them. its just that you cant be another person trapped in a different body its impossible.

1. Yes, it is a slur.
    2. Let me make another analogy, this one actually relating to gender; If you didn't understand women, would you hate them as well?
    3. It is possible, but not in that sense. There is psychology behind why people identify as the opposite gender.

For instance; If someone identifies as female - yet is biologically male - it is because their brain is laid out like that of a female instead of a male.

There is a medical condition for this - Gender dysphoria - and it is something that is out of the person's control.

So please do some research next time before making opinions on subjects such as this.

I understand that you're young and whatnot, but you can't hate someone because you don't understand them. That is narrow-minded and ignorant, plain and simple.

You seem to be educated on all this, and I'm not, so excuse me if I sound pretty dumb, but I understand if "Gender Dysphoria" is a real condition, I have no doubt it's real, but you're telling me everyone who says they were a girl, if they were born a boy, or vice versa, all were born with Gender Dysphoria, and we have to accept all of that? I don't get it, everyone can't coincidentally have a mental condition at the exact time the world is welcoming it, whereas I had never heard of it before
    #364 Posted: 14:17:12 04/09/2015
    [User Posted Image]

Quote:

If you'd take your googly eyes and look at previous posts, you'd notice I was posting here already because I was discussing other things. Thank you and come again.

You... do know I was joking, right?
    ---
    Dead
    #365 Posted: 14:35:58 04/09/2015
    Quote: mega spyro
    [User Posted Image]

Quote:

You... do know I was joking, right?

You do know I was joking, right?

Maybe if you used your googly eyes and noodley brain you would have saw that.

Thank you and come again.

[User Posted Image]
    ---
    #366 Posted: 14:51:05 04/09/2015
    sonicbrawler why is your horse you are on so high
    "people who lack my fetishes are mentally handicapped" sonicbrawler2k15
    ---
    BREATHE AIR.
    Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
    #367 Posted: 15:08:32 04/09/2015
    You do know I was joking, right?

Maybe if you used your googly eyes and noodley brain you would have saw that.

Thank you and come again.

[User Posted Image]

Contributing to the unpopular opinions: Marluxia is a better main boss than Xemnas.
    skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
    #368 Posted: 15:14:15 04/09/2015
    I ****ing hate memes.
    ---
    Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
    arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
    #369 Posted: 15:16:58 04/09/2015
    I ****ing love memes.
    CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
    #370 Posted: 15:20:20 04/09/2015
    I think the Splatoon Amiibo's use as a physical key for on disc DLC is iffy, but largely fine. And I prefer something important like that being used for them over something useless like Captain Toad's functionality (you get a tiny 8 bit Toad to look for and that's it).

sonicbrawler why is your horse you are on so high
    "people who lack my fetishes are mentally handicapped" sonicbrawler2k15

I don't think that was his point or intention.
    #371 Posted: 15:29:53 04/09/2015
    cav do you not see him literally mouthing off to people who just jumped into the conversation

"Also I don't really defend her because I realised people who genuinely dislike her and get angry at her generally have a screw loose. Or they just suck at Smash. :3"
    >genuinely
    >have a screw loose
    errr if you don't like them you are crazy
    you cannot miss this
    ---
    BREATHE AIR.
    #372 Posted: 15:56:21 04/09/2015
    cav do you not see him literally mouthing off to people who just jumped into the conversation

"Also I don't really defend her because I realised people who genuinely dislike her and get angry at her generally have a screw loose. Or they just suck at Smash. :3"
    >genuinely
    >have a screw loose
    errr if you don't like them you are crazy
    you cannot miss this

[User Posted Image]

Also what fetish?
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:59:48 04/09/2015 by sonicbrawler182
    #373 Posted: 16:04:16 04/09/2015
    link withheld

kk
    - -

also you are so genuinely insane that your jokes are as tasteless but never more than your legitimate opinions
    ---
    BREATHE AIR.
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:52:08 04/09/2015 by ThroneOfMalefor
    Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
    #374 Posted: 16:11:09 04/09/2015
    So maybe I could add to the topic.

I absoltely loathe the second How to Train Your Dragon movie. I love the first,the show is fine, the books' style isn't my cup of tea but I respect it - but not HTTYD2. The whole attempt of the lesson of 'violence is superior to diplomacy especially if you're better than the other guy' just disgust me on heroes kids are supposed to look up to. I guess the hive queen thing was hinted at in the first movie but never to a point that reistance is futile if you're weaker, better wait for a strong/annoying person who isn't a jerk to do the job for you.
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:32 04/09/2015 by Bifrost
    Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
    #375 Posted: 18:49:28 04/09/2015
    Quote: Badwolfmichael
    1 its not a slur,
    2. no I understand them. its just that you cant be another person trapped in a different body its impossible.

1. Yes, it is a slur.
    2. Let me make another analogy, this one actually relating to gender; If you didn't understand women, would you hate them as well?
    3. It is possible, but not in that sense. There is psychology behind why people identify as the opposite gender.

For instance; If someone identifies as female - yet is biologically male - it is because their brain is laid out like that of a female instead of a male.

There is a medical condition for this - Gender dysphoria - and it is something that is out of the person's control.

So please do some research next time before making opinions on subjects such as this.

I understand that you're young and whatnot, but you can't hate someone because you don't understand them. That is narrow-minded and ignorant, plain and simple.

You seem to be educated on all this, and I'm not, so excuse me if I sound pretty dumb, but I understand if "Gender Dysphoria" is a real condition, I have no doubt it's real, but you're telling me everyone who says they were a girl, if they were born a boy, or vice versa, all were born with Gender Dysphoria, and we have to accept all of that? I don't get it, everyone can't coincidentally have a mental condition at the exact time the world is welcoming it, whereas I had never heard of it before

Gender Dysphoria is mostly just a medical term used for non-cis people. I believe it usually (if not always?) involves the people feeling very uncomfortable or stressed about their body (e.g. a person that is born with male-parts who now views herself as female may not like her body for being too masculine or for having male-parts). The term is being used a bit less though.

Not everyone that is non-cis feels uncomfortable about their bodies, some non-cis people actually like their bodies.
    ---
    Twinkies and 2hus
    skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
    #376 Posted: 00:29:54 05/09/2015
    Spongebob heropants was good for what it is.A bad movie game.
    ---
    Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
    MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
    #377 Posted: 01:07:00 05/09/2015
    Quote: skylandersspyro
    Spongebob heropants was good for what it is.A bad movie game.

you're saying it's good and bad at the same time?

huh?
    ---
    the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
    parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
    #378 Posted: 01:08:17 05/09/2015
    Tumblr is a toxic place and I honestly wish it would go away.
    ---
    looks like ive got some things to do...
    #379 Posted: 02:02:28 05/09/2015
    Quote: parisruelz12
    Tumblr is a toxic place and I honestly wish it would go away.

That's not an unpopular opinion whatsoever.

I have a Tumblr and even I agree.
    Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
    #380 Posted: 19:41:01 07/09/2015
    filthyfrank is my favorite vocaloid
    awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
    #381 Posted: 02:01:50 08/09/2015
    Folie a Deux is my favorite Fall Out Boy album.
    ---
    go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
    pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
    #382 Posted: 18:24:27 13/09/2015
    Super Mario Bros 2 USA is my favorite 2D Mario game.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
    #383 Posted: 06:43:59 18/09/2015
    Regardless of the game's quality, which I'm unsure of just yet, I do not think Super Mario Maker is the kind of title that should be the big seller for Nintendo this holiday season. To me it just looks like a little digital title expanded on tenfold.
    KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
    #384 Posted: 01:33:20 19/09/2015
    Rants are Annoying and Pointless.

Why i hate them...ugh beacuse of them are just a waste of time...if you don't like something just stop it.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:37:22 19/09/2015 by KeybasHedKey
    KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
    #385 Posted: 02:35:07 22/09/2015
    I never liked the Guild in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers games. Especially the characters.
    alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
    #386 Posted: 19:21:58 22/09/2015
    Even though I still like and enjoy the game, I feel that the original Jak & Daxter is somewhat generic as a platformer.
    (Which is why I like the sequels more as a whole, btw)

I agree. Jak II is my favourite, while the first game is my second favourite.

Quote: KeybasHedKey
    I never liked the Guild in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers games. Especially the characters.

That's one of the reasons I prefer the Rescue Team games. I hate Chatot the most. He really ticked me off during the perfect apples quest.
    #387 Posted: 22:40:18 22/09/2015
    Super Smash Bros Melee is my least favorite Smash Bros game. I mean, I enjoy it, but not to the extent that I enjoy Wii U/3DS, Brawl, or even 64.

Super Mario 64 is my least favorite 3D Mario game. I understand it was revolutionary at the time, and I think it's still pretty fun to play, but imo it hasn't aged very well and I think the 3D Mario games just got significantly better with each release after this game, with 3D World being my favorite game in the mainstream Super Mario series.

I think Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale is a great game. It's no Smash Bros, but I can appreciate it for what it is.

I think modern-day Disney Channel is much better than old-school Disney Channel. I never really liked or got into any shows on the older Disney Channel with the exception of the Suite Life series. However, I did enjoy Phineas and Ferb for a long period of time, and I watch Gravity Falls and Girl Meets World now more than I ever watched Disney Channel as a whole when I was younger.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    #388 Posted: 23:19:18 22/09/2015
    I'm not a big fan of Shigeru Miyamoto as a game developer (or at least from a directional standpoint, I can't really fault him much as a designer or programmer). I think he is basically a dinosaur among video game developers who is way past his prime. Most of his ideals and philosophies on game design, while good intentioned, are old, dated, and regressive, and I think they hold back the games he has any creative control over (if not outright preventing games being made at all or features being in games at all), with a few exceptions. I can count the good creative decisions he has made in around the last 10 years on one or two hands.

I think he has far too much freedom, and I am glad he isn't that involved in developing the NX's hardware. I personally will be happy when he retires. That's not to say I hate him. He obviously has done a lot for the industry especially in his early days, and I can't thank him enough for his involvement with Hyrule Warriors (it was originally going to be a more "Zelda-esque" game, but Miyamoto demanded it be more like a Warriors game - the result was the best Warriors game ever created and honestly one of my favourite games in the Zelda franchise), and for paving the way for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (I really liked him in the Galaxy games so I love that he got his own game - I never would have dreamed it back when I was playing Galaxy). I also think as a person, he's perfectly fine - I love seeing him in Nintendo Directs and such as he's generally fun and quirky and has a good sense of humour.

But I seriously am tired of a lot of his ideologies and how they are (in some cases, almost but not quite) negatively effecting a lot of Nintendo games, specifically his "anti-storytelling" and "anti-online" mindsets. It seriously angered me when I heard him say "OH WE CAN EASILY GIVE SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD ONLINE PLAY. IN FACT WE TESTED IT AND IT WORKED FINE. BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO BOTHER WITH IT (keep in mind he was SUPPOSED to be just an adviser on this game) BECAUSE I DON'T SEE VALUE IN PLAYING A GAME LIKE THIS WITH PEOPLE YOU CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH".

Somewhat related, but I think the delay that just hit Star Fox: Zero will do little good for the game, based off the exact reasons Miyamoto said the game is delayed for. He said the three reasons behind the game being delayed are:

-Improving the Dual Screen gameplay
    -Improving the tone of the cutscenes
    -Improving the level design

While I'm fine with the last one, the first two raise my eyebrows:

-A lot of people just don't care about the Dual Screen gameplay at all and would rather a more traditional control scheme, especially since it would make multiplayer an easier thing to do. I think it will be received poorly regardless of how good it is (and I hear it was more or less fine anyway), and people would rather see an actual traditional controls option.

-I know it's pure speculation, but there is no doubt in my mind that "improving the tone of the cutscenes" means making the story as much of a rehash of SF64 as possible, considering this is a Miyamoto game. Star Fox became a pretty story driven and character driven franchise, but Miyamoto barely cares about that anymore, so chances is are he is gonna outright remove a lot of cutscenes and what not. I hope I am wrong though.

Also there is the fact that Nintendo literally has no worthy holiday game for Wii U.
    ---
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:28:44 22/09/2015 by sonicbrawler182
    Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
    #389 Posted: 21:42:02 23/09/2015
    i don't like the whole "sexy humanized bill cipher" thing the gf fandom does
    #390 Posted: 16:31:58 24/09/2015
    I actually like all the automatic levels in Mario Maker. The people who made them must have really thought them through, and they just seem so good. Of course, then you get those people who just linearly take you to the goal on treadmills, with some trampolines, but I haven't seen very many of those.
    ---
    Dead
    #391 Posted: 14:24:25 27/09/2015
    I said something related to this on the first page but I want to go into more detail on this:

I absolutely HATE it when people compare a film adaptation to its source material.

I agree that with adaptations, there needs to be a level of respect for the material being adapted. But it's just that: respect. I don't get why people think a movie needs to get every little detail that a book had. In adaptations, change is inevitable for a number of reasons. Sometimes it's because it doesn't fit well on the big screen, it might make the movie too long, or it's because the script demands that certain details get taken out. If films were the exact same thing as the book or whatever it's adapting, the film, and really the franchise as a whole, would be a lot more disappointing because audiences who read the book will know exactly what to expect, and people who watch the movie interested in the book are going to be disappointed because they're both the exact same thing. For example, I love Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's hands down my favorite piece of entertainment. While I do enjoy the original manga very much, I don't enjoy it as much as I do the tv series because it's just redundant for me to reread a series I already watched.

Adaptations, I believe, should try to expand on the premise and concept of the original source material, and make a new, unique experience for fans of the original material. Sometimes this doesn't work out enitrely, but that's usually the fault of the movie itself, it has nothing to do with the books. The Last Airbender movie, for example, did try to make something different out of its source material. But the reason it's an awful movie isn't because it wasn't like the tv show: It's literally just because it's an awful movie. Its horrible acting, atrocious writing, and terrible special effects are just a few of the things that made the movie fail. If it was the fault of the movie not being the same as the source material, by that logic, The Hunger Games should be considered terrible movies because they're not exactly like the book. Yet people still love the films, and I personally enjoyed them MORE than I enjoyed the books.

This is why I like the Percy Jackson movies a lot. They aren't perfect movies, but I like them for what they are, and I'm glad they made a unique experience out of a concept like Percy Jackson that fans hadn't seen yet.

(I might expand and explain this a little bit more later)
    ---
    Cool cool.
    StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
    #392 Posted: 16:29:16 27/09/2015
    Three words:

I like math.
    ---
    "sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
    DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
    #393 Posted: 05:03:55 28/09/2015
    I think the Hunger Games movies, especially Catching Fire, are better than the books. This is mainly because I think the books weren't very well written and I also believe the world of The Hunger Games is better in third person (like the film adaptions) than first person. I still like the books though and they're literally the only modern popular YA novels I like.

I hate first person books and I actually can't stand them, unless the author writes really well in first person (like Dorothy Hearst). I hate them mainly because I feel too trapped in the main character's mind and unable to explore the world and the other characters. And it especially sucks if the main protagonist is the worse character, since you're stuck with him/her. It's also hard to write in first person for reasons I've already stated.

I also pretty much hate all the popular YA fiction now mainly because it annoys me how there is always relationship drama and breakups and **** throughout the series. THG is the only one I like because Katniss doesn't get with anyone until the friking end, and her relationships are actually good and believable. I feel like just giving up and sticking to Harry Potter and the first series of Warriors + BS. I know that I should just read adult fiction to avoid this but I like the simplicity of the YA books and that's why I'd rather read them.
    ---
    a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
    ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
    #394 Posted: 07:09:26 29/09/2015
    I really can't stand electronic music. I'm mainly talking about EDM like dubstep, house, trance, etc, but I can target the pseudo-electronic pop music that dominates the airwaves as well.

I'm not saying this because I'm a "closed-minded metalhead." No. I may listen to metal the most but I listen to nearly everything; including country and some rap. But electronic? No. I'm sorry. I can't do it. I don't like electronic music because a lot of it sounds the same to me. I've listened to completely different songs that have suspiciously similar melodies and samples.
    ---
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:13:44 29/09/2015 by ThunderBolt3811
    First | Previous | Page 8 of 54 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me