Forum

Poll

Favourite Upgrade Path: Wild Storm
View Results
First | Previous | Page 42 of 42
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Bolt Emerald Sparx Gems: 4450
#2051 Posted: 19:51:29 29/06/2018
I hate it when artists make Spyro and Flame fight over Cynder, or Ember and Cynder fight over Spyro. And when they make Spyro incredibly possessive over Cynder. Basically every single fan comic on deviantART is like this.
It's 2018 people, can we please drop this?
---
it's no use crying over lost kittens or spilt milk
I draw stuff.
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 6133
#2052 Posted: 19:56:20 29/06/2018
Quote: Bolt
I hate it when artists make Spyro and Flame fight over Cynder, or Ember and Cynder fight over Spyro. And when they make Spyro incredibly possessive over Cynder. Basically every single fan comic on deviantART is like this.
It's 2018 people, can we please drop this?



while i adore her, i kinda think shalone started the trend of cynder and ember fighting over each spyro. i would personally like to see more ember and bandit, its like the only canon shipping and it gets ignored to no end gfmkdgmkfdg
---
looks like ive got some things to do
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5711
#2053 Posted: 20:07:40 29/06/2018
Shalone started a lot of trends that I can't say I approve of, even if her style consistency and motivation to make tons of comics is amazing. But I think the Cynder and Ember cliche comes from way before her, because of the stupid shipping wars.

Also, it's dA. I'm seriously convinced it creates a time bubble to 2008 in some LoS fans, because they sometimes draw in the same style of the comics from that time and bring back the same tired old settings. Oh no, Ember is secretly bad, oh no, Cynder has angst, oh no, Spyro and Cynder just love each other sooo much they're having children right away; oh no, OC character is Malefor's newest minion.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:10:06 29/06/2018 by Bifrost
Bolt Emerald Sparx Gems: 4450
#2054 Posted: 20:12:46 29/06/2018
Yeah, maybe, now that you mention it. I'm really not a fan of her for multiple reasons, but I don't want to make this an attack on any person in particular. cx
I think what I hate the most is how people have a habit of depicting Spyro as possessive over Cynder. They give Spyro this mentality that Cynder "belongs" to him, and I've seen it so often in these comics. I can't believe that people actually enjoy hearing that sort of speak?

Honestly, I couldn't really care less about ships, but I just don't want to see these pointless displays of male aggression or see two women physically fighting over a man. :I
And its like, the majority of Spyro fan comics online.

But I'm really sorry that here's not much material for your ship, Paris. ;;


edit: ninja'd

Quote: Bifrost
Shalone started a lot of trends that I can't say I approve of, even if her style consistency and motivation to make tons of comics is amazing. But I think the Cynder and Ember cliche comes from way before her, because of the stupid shipping wars.

Also, it's dA. I'm seriously convinced it creates a time bubble to 2008 in some LoS fans, because they sometimes draw in the same style of the comics from that time and bring back the same tired old settings. Oh no, Ember is secretly bad, oh no, Cynder has angst, oh no, Spyro and Cynder just love each other sooo much they're having children right away; oh no, OC character is Malefor's newest minion.



Hmm, yeah ... I have to say I agree with most, if not all of this.
---
it's no use crying over lost kittens or spilt milk
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:25 29/06/2018 by Bolt
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5711
#2055 Posted: 20:16:07 29/06/2018
Shipping can get pretty sexist, both ways, and it's not exclusive to LoS(though because of the small cast it's glaringly obvious). Maybe because of age or just plain not knowing how to go about it, they just treat the characters like dolls who do exactly the dramatic story you want out of it no matter how OOC or wrong it sounds.

Heck, a recent Walking With Dinosaurs movie did it - someone looked at this dinosaur kid literally treating his childhood friend as a shiny trinket, and greenlit it.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
somePerson Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 4154
#2056 Posted: 08:12:27 30/06/2018 | Topic Creator
trump jokes are just a result of political humor being forced down upon us by pop culture. Man loosens the tension with north Korea and we still hate on him
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#2057 Posted: 11:36:40 30/06/2018
Quote: somePerson
trump jokes are just a result of political humor being forced down upon us by pop culture. Man loosens the tension with north Korea and we still hate on him


b-b-b-b-but drumpf cheeto man rascist and gonna kill us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!eleven!!!!!!
---
Have you ever been so far as to even pretend to even want to go to do more like?
Bolt Emerald Sparx Gems: 4450
#2058 Posted: 20:16:52 30/06/2018
I don't think I agree with adding the extra brown and black stripes to the pride flag. Why do we have to make everything about race? The pride flag was never about race in the first place.
---
it's no use crying over lost kittens or spilt milk
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5018
#2059 Posted: 02:14:33 01/07/2018
Lol as a SpyroxElora fan, the ember vs Cynder stuff always bothered me because the fanbase basically pretended that Elora never existed. Even though Bianca is my favorite female Spyro character, Elora was also always a favorite. I actuallly kind of hope that if Cynder does get reintroduced she is just a good friend like in Skylanders because Im fairly sure Elora was meant to be the love interest in classic and I feel it should remain that way? I think its also good to for kids to see two characters like Spyro and Cynder, who people would clearly think should get together just because they're like the only two main small dragons and opposite sex, to just be friends. Thats one thing I loved about Skylanders honestly.

Also I actually cant believe those fan comics and that kind of fandom in general is still going after like 10 years? But I guess it wouldn't suprise me; a lot of dragon ocs came from LOS so their story can continue to whatever length I guess.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:16:48 01/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
TheJMAN184 Gold Sparx Gems: 2245
#2060 Posted: 11:08:31 01/07/2018
Quote: Bolt
I don't think I agree with adding the extra brown and black stripes to the pride flag. Why do we have to make everything about race? The pride flag was never about race in the first place.


I can really agree with this.
decides isn't pride flag the colours for different sexualities? Maybe I'm not informed enough but I'm pretty sure that being black or brown skinned is race and not sexuality.
---
DON'T @ ME
AestheticDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#2061 Posted: 14:33:26 01/07/2018
Everybody wants to be special
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5018
#2062 Posted: 15:15:49 01/07/2018
I will probably get hate for this one, but although I think Darling in the Franxx IS a decent anime, I never saw it as a favourite of mine and I don't think its as great as a lot of people say it is. Its probably the better anime I have seen of 2018 (although mind you I really haven't been watching much new anime lol), but I preferred Re Zero over it actually lol. I dunno I just feel that everything about it has already been done before and its like an anime trope checklist. Even the main relationship it heavily focuses on seems very done before. Zero Two is also really the only character im invested in and even then I find her character overdone and I unfortunately cant help but see Asuka lol, and I find Asuka superior. I definitely prefer the shows that it seems to be a mashup off.

But I don't know, I have also found that my general love for anime is starting to go and I've been more invested in video games lately so i guess I could be getting more attached to the type games have to offer, which is in general a more mature atmosphere and story. xD
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:18:19 01/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
fyra Emerald Sparx Gems: 4659
#2063 Posted: 17:19:23 01/07/2018
If you think anime can’t be well written....you never seen or read Stein’s Gate or Full Metal Alchemist or a Ghibli film.My point here is anime is far more than clichéd,formulaic story and writing,get out of the mainstream or look for older animes,they are generally the best.
---
Last Spyro fan here...surrounded by Skylanders fans...cry in a corner
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1455
#2064 Posted: 17:28:46 01/07/2018
Quote: fyra
If you think anime can’t be well written....you never seen or read Stein’s Gate or Full Metal Alchemist or a Ghibli film.My point here is anime is far more than clichéd,formulaic story and writing,get out of the mainstream or look for older animes,they are generally the best.



Not what they were saying but okay
---
See you later, Alligator
fyra Emerald Sparx Gems: 4659
#2065 Posted: 17:48:19 01/07/2018
Well saying that anime can’t have a good atmosphere or story is implying that good writing and storytelling can’t exist,atmosphere and a good story is a clue of great writing, you would know that if you read a lot so for me it was the best wording to sum up the implications of saying anime don’t have good atmosphere or mature storytelling....oh yeah....I know.....you think mature mean porn and gore...it’s not true,it can be far more than that,give a chance to anime outside of what the mainstream casual viewers know,if you are falling out of anime then you never watched a good anime before.
---
Last Spyro fan here...surrounded by Skylanders fans...cry in a corner
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1455
#2066 Posted: 17:56:17 01/07/2018
Quote: fyra
Well saying that anime can’t have a good atmosphere or story is implying that good writing and storytelling can’t exist,atmosphere and a good story is a clue of great writing, you would know that if you read a lot so for me it was the best wording to sum up the implications of saying anime don’t have good atmosphere or mature storytelling....oh yeah....I know.....you think mature mean porn and gore...it’s not true,it can be far more than that,give a chance to anime outside of what the mainstream casual viewers know,if you are falling out of anime then you never watched a good anime before.



Again, not what they were saying
---
See you later, Alligator
Vespi Green Sparx Gems: 412
#2067 Posted: 18:49:14 01/07/2018
Quote: fyra
Well saying that anime can’t have a good atmosphere or story is implying that good writing and storytelling can’t exist,atmosphere and a good story is a clue of great writing, you would know that if you read a lot so for me it was the best wording to sum up the implications of saying anime don’t have good atmosphere or mature storytelling....oh yeah....I know.....you think mature mean porn and gore...it’s not true,it can be far more than that,give a chance to anime outside of what the mainstream casual viewers know,if you are falling out of anime then you never watched a good anime before.



that??? isn’t even close to any argument that anyone here is making???
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5018
#2068 Posted: 00:41:13 02/07/2018
Quote: fyra
If you think anime can’t be well written....you never seen or read Stein’s Gate or Full Metal Alchemist or a Ghibli film.My point here is anime is far more than clichéd,formulaic story and writing,get out of the mainstream or look for older animes,they are generally the best.


uhhh ok lol. i never said i never liked anime and those anime you stated are actually some of my favourites, but ok
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:48:04 04/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
somePerson Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 4154
#2069 Posted: 02:50:54 02/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: AestheticDragon
Everybody wants to be special



Everybody seems to think they're different because they are told they are
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4027
#2070 Posted: 16:38:01 03/07/2018
Fake boobs are nice.
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#2071 Posted: 03:01:54 04/07/2018
Quote: fyra
Well saying that anime can’t have a good atmosphere or story is implying that good writing and storytelling can’t exist,atmosphere and a good story is a clue of great writing, you would know that if you read a lot so for me it was the best wording to sum up the implications of saying anime don’t have good atmosphere or mature storytelling....oh yeah....I know.....you think mature mean porn and gore...it’s not true,it can be far more than that,give a chance to anime outside of what the mainstream casual viewers know,if you are falling out of anime then you never watched a good anime before.


ok what

literally what does that have to do with anything, DarkCynder didn't say any of that
---
Cool cool.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5018
#2072 Posted: 04:49:02 04/07/2018
Quote: Ghakimx
Fake boobs are nice.


and an old user makes his grand entrance :'D
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:49:15 04/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Bolt Emerald Sparx Gems: 4450
#2073 Posted: 07:29:44 04/07/2018
Okay, since we're talking about boobs ... I actually don't like them. I think people with smaller boobs are better looking. Not saying that big ones aren't beautiful or whatever, I just don't get the appeal.

(And one day when I have the money to spare, I wish to get rid of mine, or at least reduce them ... That's probably tmi, huh?)
---
it's no use crying over lost kittens or spilt milk
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5018
#2074 Posted: 09:28:55 04/07/2018
And I'd like to add that having big ones aren't the best thing ether unless you're fine with clothes not fitting and needing to wear a minimize bra and being forced to buy $100 bras that still don't fit. I wish I could buy bras that are like $10. I'd rather have small boob problems. >.>
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:34:26 04/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Bolt Emerald Sparx Gems: 4450
#2075 Posted: 17:39:56 04/07/2018
^ Yup, I feel you ... :/
---
it's no use crying over lost kittens or spilt milk
I draw stuff.
TheToyNerd Yellow Sparx Gems: 1696
#2076 Posted: 23:16:50 05/07/2018
Your Movie Sucks is unbearably cynical. I can’t stand his content.

At least Red Letter Media are self-aware of the fact that they’re a bunch of grumpy old men shaking their fist at the cloud that is Hollywood. Adam’s videos are just miserable to watch
---
Figuring some stuff out...
FedUpWolf Red Sparx Gems: 64
#2077 Posted: 10:18:05 06/07/2018
I don't like the film Superbad at all.
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 6133
#2078 Posted: 18:42:03 06/07/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
Your Movie Sucks is unbearably cynical. I can’t stand his content.

At least Red Letter Media are self-aware of the fact that they’re a bunch of grumpy old men shaking their fist at the cloud that is Hollywood. Adam’s videos are just miserable to watch


i really like how YMS calls out pixar/disney on their bs. other than that i dont really watch his stuff
---
looks like ive got some things to do
TheToyNerd Yellow Sparx Gems: 1696
#2079 Posted: 19:37:40 06/07/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote: TheToyNerd
Your Movie Sucks is unbearably cynical. I can’t stand his content.

At least Red Letter Media are self-aware of the fact that they’re a bunch of grumpy old men shaking their fist at the cloud that is Hollywood. Adam’s videos are just miserable to watch


i really like how YMS calls out pixar/disney on their bs. other than that i dont really watch his stuff



Eh, I’ve always felt that his Disney movie vids just seemed quite contrarian. Like, it’s okay to not like Disney/MCU/Pixar movies or whatever, but he always has this tone of superiority for not buying into the hype.

Oooh, congratulations! You’ve criticized this biliion dollar entertainment company’s product yet still willingly pay to watch their movies and review them. What a saint among us mere mortals! That’ll show them.

Again, you’re free to dislike them as much as you want. I certainly have issues with Disney sometimes, but I just find his videos miserable to sit through
---
Figuring some stuff out...
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 5532
#2080 Posted: 05:02:23 07/07/2018
Quote: Bolt
Okay, since we're talking about boobs ... I actually don't like them. I think people with smaller boobs are better looking. Not saying that big ones aren't beautiful or whatever, I just don't get the appeal.

(And one day when I have the money to spare, I wish to get rid of mine, or at least reduce them ... That's probably tmi, huh?)



I also agree with this that I think those with smaller can also be attractive. (Trying to make that sound as good as I possibly could without making it sound like anything creepy, I don't know why I feel it could be bad talking about this even though it doesn't have to be taken badly smilie; ) I personally think that small or flat is an attractive trait and know it can be a beneficial one when it comes to things such as clothing. Of course the person inside is the most attractive part of people, but when it comes to like my personal opinion and perspective I tend to find smaller/flat prettier in their own ways than those with a big chest. Everyone is still attractive in their own ways, I just think that those kinds of figures tend to be prettier when it comes to appearances at least.
---
Quote: Vespi
EVERYONE
EVEN XOUNYA
IS IN SMASH
confirmed
somePerson Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 4154
#2081 Posted: 07:07:02 07/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd
Your Movie Sucks is unbearably cynical. I can’t stand his content.

At least Red Letter Media are self-aware of the fact that they’re a bunch of grumpy old men shaking their fist at the cloud that is Hollywood. Adam’s videos are just miserable to watch



i like his review on bad movies but his videos on real movies have him trying really hard to be a contrarian by pointing out nitpicks that dont really hurt the overall quality of the film. most of his criticism is "why didnt goku just kill piccolo" and "if i was there i would just yiff on him"
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#2082 Posted: 20:30:58 08/07/2018
I don't really mind this too much if it's used in a joking context, but I hate it when people use "virgin" as an actual insult and imply you're somehow degraded if you're still a virgin for any reason.

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with waiting and there's nothing wrong with viewing that as something you want to lose to the right person, and at the right time no less. It's okay to not want to do that in a relationship until you both feel ready and comfortable. At least I'm making sure I'm with someone who I want to spend my whole life with and share that with.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:08 08/07/2018 by pankakesparx456
Bolt Emerald Sparx Gems: 4450
#2083 Posted: 20:50:51 08/07/2018
Yeah, I completely agree with those values. It's absolutely fine to not want sex in a relationship until you're ready, and it's fine to just not want sex at all (but you'll have to find a partner who feels the same way because then it's unfair on them). I don't understand why you're viewed as less of a person if you're a virgin. And on the other end of the spectrum, I don't understand why you're viewed as a disgusting degenerate if you like having sex a lot. Who cares? It's not hurting anyone, and people need to understand that other's sex lives are not their business.
---
it's no use crying over lost kittens or spilt milk
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5018
#2084 Posted: 04:18:36 12/07/2018
Quote: pankakesparx456
I don't really mind this too much if it's used in a joking context, but I hate it when people use "virgin" as an actual insult and imply you're somehow degraded if you're still a virgin for any reason.

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with waiting and there's nothing wrong with viewing that as something you want to lose to the right person, and at the right time no less. It's okay to not want to do that in a relationship until you both feel ready and comfortable. At least I'm making sure I'm with someone who I want to spend my whole life with and share that with.


YES AGREED SO MUCH

Like honestly people don't realize how bad it is. Like the 'slut' movement and making so that word is not an insult is fantastic but it annoys me how the opposite is not taken into consideration especially since it can really make you feel pressured. As a virgin myself, I wouldn't give a **** about being one and will find a relationship when I'm ready no matter the age, but boy do I feel pressured and I think it's ****ed up that I feel this way, especially since forcing yourself into a relationship or having sex with someone just to get rid of a label or out of peer pressure would do numbers on a mental state and I refuse to do that. It doesn't help that I'm currently questioning my sexuality and fairly sure I could even be a demisexual since I can't like someone without knowing them as a person first. Heck even if you're a 40 year old virgin it shouldn't be a good damn issue or anyone's business but yourself. I'd rather focus on my career than worrying about this sort of thing lol. People care if you have little experience, but also care if you have too much of it and it's stupid.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:20:19 12/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Jaggedstar Emerald Sparx Gems: 3971
#2085 Posted: 06:33:47 12/07/2018
The only people allowed to say either N-word are black people. If you're Indian, Asian, White, etc you should NEVER say those words.
---
saving...do not remove memory card
Trix Master 100 Hunter Gems: 4999
#2086 Posted: 06:49:12 12/07/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar
The only people allowed to say either N-word are black people. If you're Indian, Asian, White, etc you should NEVER say those words.


BIG BERSONAL OPINION INCOMING

Personally I don't think anyone should use that would because it's a slur, if you say it because of "Muh race" card then I can't but feel that you're encouraging bad behavior. The saying goes "monkey see monkey do" so anyone saying the word especially often then it's gonna get into someone thinking it's okay to say it because that person is saying it.

Similar goes for the Q word or really any slur.
---
乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

Avatar from CinderLover
Samius Hunter Gems: 7238
#2087 Posted: 08:03:32 12/07/2018
The idea that people need to be "allowed" to say certain words is a big joke. They've never needed anyone's consent to say whatever they want, both good and bad, and they never will.
---
Per aspera ad astra
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2080
#2088 Posted: 23:24:39 13/07/2018
"cute words" like doggo, pupper, floofer, snek, snoot, boop, heckin, hooman, goodest etc are as bad as XDRANDEMXD crap from the 00's
doggo was funny at the start before people started using it as a synonym, and "boi" can still be funny in the right context (plus "boy" is a common enough word and "boi" isn't trying way too hard so i can't get that angry about it), but everything else is a vapid attempt at trying to be cute and makes for **** humor
also i used to love "boop" but since sombra did it people have driven that into the ground
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4170
#2089 Posted: 23:51:56 13/07/2018
Quote: Drawdler
"cute words" like doggo, pupper, floofer, snek, snoot, boop, heckin, hooman, goodest etc are as bad as smilieRANDEMsmilie crap from the 00's
doggo was funny at the start before people started using it as a synonym, and "boi" can still be funny in the right context (plus "boy" is a common enough word and "boi" isn't trying way too hard so i can't get that angry about it), but everything else is a vapid attempt at trying to be cute and makes for **** humor
also i used to love "boop" but since sombra did it people have driven that into the ground



On board with this 100%. Cutesy words are getting old as hell.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
emeraldzoroark Yellow Sparx Gems: 1713
#2090 Posted: 00:03:06 14/07/2018
i just use heckin because i don’t swear
---
Now the true lesson begins!
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5018
#2091 Posted: 01:28:31 14/07/2018
i admit i'm prone to using 'doggo' and 'boi'

but i also call my favourite male characters wife instead of husband because i think it sounds better lol
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Sesshomaru75 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4947
#2092 Posted: 02:11:04 14/07/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
but i also call my favourite male characters wife instead of husband because i think it sounds better lol


Same.
---
Would you serve in Heaven, or rule in Hell?
somePerson Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 4154
#2093 Posted: 03:51:21 14/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
"cute words" like doggo, pupper, floofer, snek, snoot, boop, heckin, hooman, goodest etc are as bad as XDRANDEMXD crap from the 00's
doggo was funny at the start before people started using it as a synonym, and "boi" can still be funny in the right context (plus "boy" is a common enough word and "boi" isn't trying way too hard so i can't get that angry about it), but everything else is a vapid attempt at trying to be cute and makes for **** humor
also i used to love "boop" but since sombra did it people have driven that into the ground



It is pretty annoying to read "gay smol bean"
FedUpWolf Red Sparx Gems: 64
#2094 Posted: 21:47:12 17/07/2018
Game shows are incredibly boring, IMO.
Bolt Emerald Sparx Gems: 4450
#2095 Posted: 22:02:11 17/07/2018
Pfft, yeah, totally agreed. The only one I actually like is (Australian) Family Feud ... but that's getting replaced next Monday. ;;
---
it's no use crying over lost kittens or spilt milk
I draw stuff.
somePerson Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 4154
#2096 Posted: 05:02:48 18/07/2018 | Topic Creator
going to the movies alone is fun
First | Previous | Page 42 of 42
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me