Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 32 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1551 Posted: 22:20:19 17/01/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Chompy-King257
I don't care what other people say, but Godzilla 1998 was freaking awesome and to this day I still love it. The new design was strange, but at the same time it really fit the bill for what happened in the film. It couldn't imagine the traditional Godzilla running around and dodging missiles like ShodaiJira did in the film. The plot put a really cool twist on the traditional 1954 film, and I loved the concept of the babies and the asexual reproduction. I even like the end credits song (Come With Me by Puff Daddy). Normally, I hate rap and things like it, but this one was pretty great and if you listen to the lyrics, it fits the idea of a Godzilla film.

Overall, I loved it. Second favorite in the franchise, behind 2014, with GMK as a close second.

While I don't think it's that great, I do still like Godzilla 1998. It's a guilty pleasure of mine for sure, partially due to nostalgia.

And while I don't think of Zilla as a "Real Godzilla", I still rather like him as his own monster.
(Though I prefer his son immensely due to his son being a lot more powerful, and closer to Godzilla himself in terms of abilities and durability)

Well, ShodaiJira actually became his own kaiju, appearing in Final Wars and comics alongside Godzilla.
Yeah, it may not be the ideal Godzilla film, but I can appreciate it as a Kaiju film in general.
Also, yeah, lots of nostalgia with that movie for me, too.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#1552 Posted: 22:42:14 17/01/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Chompy-King257
Well, ShodaiJira actually became his own kaiju, appearing in Final Wars and comics alongside Godzilla.
Yeah, it may not be the ideal Godzilla film, but I can appreciate it as a Kaiju film in general.
Also, yeah, lots of nostalgia with that movie for me, too.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, it's just that some people still try to argue that Zilla is Godzilla, when it's really in name only. (And not even that anymore)
Also, I'm sorry, but that scene was funny as hell. Literally the shortest fight in a Godzilla movie. lol

TOHO used Zilla just to kill him off in about 10 seconds.
TOHO's a savage.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#1553 Posted: 20:26:13 23/01/2017
although i love Trigger and Gainax's work, Kill la Kill is a shameless SA2 ripoff
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1554 Posted: 01:38:05 03/02/2017
I hate Headcanons.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#1555 Posted: 22:35:46 03/02/2017
I wasn't that upset when
Ash's Greninja lost to Alain's Charizard in the Pokémon League.

or when
Ash had to leave Greninja

or when Pokémon's Sun and Moon anime has a different art style (I'd still watch it).
or when
Serena wanted to go to Hoenn. Come on people, she can live a life without Ash for a bit.

I know people are gonna miss X and Y's Anime, but I think Sun and Moon will be pretty good, in fact, it might rival X and Y AND Black and White it my opinion.

And before you ask, I also like Gen I-IV's anime, it's just the recent ones are my personal faves!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:39 03/02/2017 by SkylandrPurists
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1556 Posted: 03:47:10 04/02/2017
Quote: skylandersspyro
although i love Trigger and Gainax's work, Kill la Kill is a shameless SA2 ripoff

Wait how?
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#1557 Posted: 11:03:19 04/02/2017
Caramelldansen is still one of my favourite memes.

I like dabbing and I don't understand why some people get so salty over it.
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#1558 Posted: 02:55:43 07/02/2017
I personally didn't find, "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time," to be the very best Zelda game ever made, or one of the best video games ever made. I finished the reboot on the 3DS, and even got all of the Heart Pieces from the overworld, as well as from the challenges you had to do to get them. I liked it a ton more when I actually arrived at any temple/dungeon. The boss battles were epic, too. But the overworld was just so lifeless, in my opinion.

I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong. I had a good time playing it through from beginning to end. It's just that the barren overworld between places just seemed...boring to me.

I also thought the Water Temple wasn't as hard as a lot of people made it out to be. Though, that's probably due to the remakes upgrades from the original.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:57:25 07/02/2017 by SpyroGamer2008
#1559 Posted: 22:04:15 07/02/2017
Crossover Couples are great but people get all salty over them is dumb, it´s not even canon to begin with!
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#1560 Posted: 21:32:06 12/02/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Don't understand the hate towards Uggs. I love them. They're some of the comfiest **** ever and I don't get how people think they're ugly. The two pairs of standard boots I had were far less comfy than any Uggs I've worn and the only aesthetic difference was the small platforms. I like wearing them like slippers at home because, like I said, they're a lot comfier than boots and it's still acceptable to go out in them when I can't be bothered changing out of them.

Maybe it's more the stereotype of the thin white girls in uggs and short shorts? I know when I think of uggs despite knowing they are super comfortable I shy away because of the stereotype linked with them from ages ago
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1561 Posted: 06:04:00 13/02/2017
Don't understand the hate towards Uggs. I love them. They're some of the comfiest **** ever and I don't get how people think they're ugly. The two pairs of standard boots I had were far less comfy than any Uggs I've worn and the only aesthetic difference was the small platforms. I like wearing them like slippers at home because, like I said, they're a lot comfier than boots and it's still acceptable to go out in them when I can't be bothered changing out of them.

uggs are like somewhat socially acceptable slippers that look great with jeans i love them
i wish i actually owned a pair instead of borrowing my gf's all the time

Quote: Riolu-Blue-247
Maybe it's more the stereotype of the thin white girls in uggs and short shorts? I know when I think of uggs despite knowing they are super comfortable I shy away because of the stereotype linked with them from ages ago

1. its probably the stereotype yeah, but to be honest its?? clothes?? i dont see why society doesnt approve and imo its kinda stupid bc theyre great
2. ew no uggs and short shorts do not pair together whatsoever, personally i find uggs + jeans the best combination for a lazy day but looking cute
actual boots + thigh highs + pleated skirt is legendary tho u can literally never go wrong with that
3. hey!! if u find them comfortable!! the wear them!! i know thats a lot easier said than done and rly hypocritical of me bc i rarely wear girl clothes in general and care about like everones opinion of me but!! try not to let that stop u!! i know u pretty well imo and u have a great fashion sense and im sure if u feel like wearing them more, youll make them look great!!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1562 Posted: 01:28:33 15/02/2017
I'm not a fan of Death Battle and other such "what if x hero fought y hero" scenarios/shows/arguments.

The main problem with them is that most franchises, especially two that aren't made by the same company, don't operate under the same laws or principles. Plus, each of these characters were written with their home series in mind. It's meaningless to pit characters against each other like that because there is no way you can write an accurately portrayed fight scene between them. It can work well enough with characters from the same universe (like Marvel characters VS other Marvel characters), but beyond that it becomes a mess, and ultimately, these kinds of discussions just get heated because nobody can agree on an arbitrary set of rules for the fight and start flinging arguments all over the place.

And perhaps my biggest issue is that it's such a boring thing to fall back on for a crossover concept. Like, there are so many more interesting things you can do. Hell, I'd rather see some crossover pairs of characters have a cup of tea and ponder the meaning of their lives than arbitrarily fight each other, or something to that effect. And in a lot of cases, these characters just wouldn't realistically fight each other, at least not with intent to kill. Having two heroes team up to defeat their respective villains who also teamed up may seem cliché, but at least that kind of crossover concept can keep everyone in character pretty easily, and you can get fun, unique interactions out of it that only this specific team up could offer. But what's the difference between Goku trying to kill Naruto, or Superman, or whoever else? There is no difference, you're just making him go out of character to try and murder people whom he would more than likely become good friends with if written in character.

This is why Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright is one of the best crossover productions ever made, IMO. While it helps that they aren't characters focused on super powers, this game doesn't revolve around them mindlessly fighting or even trying to kill each other, or anything ridiculous like that. Hell, the title is pretty much a red herring to a degree. Instead, it focuses on constructing an interesting, original narrative starring these characters. These characters act like themselves, and they have fun and compelling interactions with each other, that are all in character. This for me, creates a much more interesting crossover, and it's way more fulfilling.

TL;DR I don't get the obsession with having pure, just and heroic characters try to murder each other for the sake of soulless spectacle, when you can actually write compelling narratives that utilise these characters' traits well.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:28:51 15/02/2017 by sonicbrawler182
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#1563 Posted: 00:51:16 18/02/2017
What I am about to say will be more controversial than any other post made so far. I don't care if you hate me for this, I need to say it. I have to be honest.
I unironically enjoy the Bee Movie. Stupid concept, but I can't help but enjoy it.
---
Soon.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1564 Posted: 01:22:35 18/02/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
What I am about to say will be more controversial than any other post made so far. I don't care if you hate me for this, I need to say it. I have to be honest.
I unironically enjoy the Bee Movie. Stupid concept, but I can't help but enjoy it.

I totally agree with you actually, and I'm sure there's more people who do.
---
Bruh
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1565 Posted: 12:43:28 18/02/2017
I got used to Mighty Magiswords's uber fast pace within a couple of episodes. I can understand people finding that part of the show incredibly grating, but I like it. It's a dumb show with an awesome concept that I hope gets fleshed out more
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#1566 Posted: 13:19:16 18/02/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
I got used to Mighty Magiswords's uber fast pace within a couple of episodes. I can understand people finding that part of the show incredibly grating, but I like it. It's a dumb show with an awesome concept that I hope gets fleshed out more

I watched a bit and you definatly get used to it. Shame that means you go through a season faster as well.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Arko Red Sparx Gems: 60
#1567 Posted: 01:20:14 21/02/2017

Honestly, that movie was okay. Definitely not something I would ever watch again. If it helps, I actually enjoy listening to All-Star by Smash Mouth.
I even seriously enjoy the Shrek series.
#1568 Posted: 01:49:47 21/02/2017
Quote: Arko

Honestly, that movie was okay. Definitely not something I would ever watch again. If it helps, I actually enjoy listening to All-Star by Smash Mouth.
I even seriously enjoy the Shrek series.

SAME!! It's dumb, but so quirky and fun. Also, this.
And the first two Shrek movies are genuinely good. Especially 2, which is actually a really great comedy that's become a little forgotten under memery, IMHO.

I couldn't agree any more with you. Sometimes memes ruin things that are actually good. However, I didn't care much for the fourth one.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:26:19 21/02/2017 by Arko
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1569 Posted: 02:09:20 21/02/2017
I like the cat in the hat movie, although I'm not sure if its ironic or not. There are a few legit good jokes, but the rest of the movie I find myself laughing at how bad it is.

That and the memes, hoo boy that stuff is dank.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#1570 Posted: 08:48:51 21/02/2017
^I like The Cat in the Hat movie unironically. Partly because Mike Myers is one of my favourite actors. I used to enjoy it as a kid and when I watched it again recently, I still enjoyed it.

I can't remember if I already said this, but I like Shrek Forever After as much as the other three Shrek films.
#1571 Posted: 09:42:21 21/02/2017
I like Forever After, and I personally think the memes made me enjoy the series even more than I already did, including The Third.
---
Bruh
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#1572 Posted: 17:30:31 21/02/2017
I think both Lego Movie and Lego Batman Movie are both equally awesome. I think they are somewhere between 11-30 on my Favorite Animated Movies list. (I just didn't put them on Top Ten because I am not THAT much of a Lego guy, but I still think both movies rock).
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#1573 Posted: 20:18:17 21/02/2017
Quote: SkylandrPurists
I think both Lego Movie and Lego Batman Movie are both equally awesome. I think they are somewhere between 11-30 on my Favorite Animated Movies list. (I just didn't put them on Top Ten because I am not THAT much of a Lego guy, but I still think both movies rock).

I really like them both, too. I personally like the LEGO Batman Movie a bit more just because I've grown up knowing a lot of those characters. Batman was my hero as a kid.

I feel like the LEGO version of the DC characters are actually the best versions we've seen of them.
---
#1574 Posted: 00:52:42 22/02/2017
What Milo said on the Drunken Peasants podcast was really stupid, but honestly I don't think it was worth pulling the book deal and canceling the invite to CPAC. Like, you guys do realize that he only said those things because he was molested right? He tries to not view it as a life ruining thing because that's how he dealt with the trauma

I don't agree with him, but ffs...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#1575 Posted: 13:05:39 22/02/2017
Considering he resigned from his job instead of pushing the issue further(which is.. odd for him), this was probably a step too far and a bait too easy for the media. Just look at the comments in forums about the departure - people can't discuss pedophilia without turning it into a ****storm. Don't like the guy either and he might've cried wolf for far too long, but no one deserves to be on a spot where their issues get turned against them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:14 22/02/2017 by Bifrost
#1576 Posted: 22:21:39 22/02/2017
Quote: alicecarp
^I like The Cat in the Hat movie unironically. Partly because Mike Myers is one of my favourite actors. I used to enjoy it as a kid and when I watched it again recently, I still enjoyed it.

I can't remember if I already said this, but I like Shrek Forever After as much as the other three Shrek films.

I love Forever After at least the movie kinda takes it back to the movie´s roots and gives it a twist.

And...

I feel that i´m the only one who likes Ice Age: Collision Course and everyone is claiming that it´s the worst movie of 2016, i´m sorry what? You are just basing it on Critic´s opinions as fact.
#1577 Posted: 02:40:41 23/02/2017
1. I love baseball.

2. I have no problem with the new intentional walk rule in baseball, and don't see why everyone is so livid about it. It's one thing if you don't like it but r/baseball is acting like Manfred killed their puppy in front of them and I just don't get it. It helps the pitcher as he won't have to throw four pitches and waste his stamina on an auto-walk.
#1578 Posted: 07:54:11 23/02/2017
Quote: CAV
1. I love baseball.

2. I have no problem with the new intentional walk rule in baseball, and don't see why everyone is so livid about it. It's one thing if you don't like it but r/baseball is acting like Manfred killed their puppy in front of them and I just don't get it. It helps the pitcher as he won't have to throw four pitches and waste his stamina on an auto-walk.

is r/baseball going to find manfred's dad and kill him because that rule-puppy is all they had left from their dead wife
#1579 Posted: 13:23:40 24/02/2017
Gendered Bathrooms are stupid. I couldn't give two craps (all pun intended) who I piss next to. I don't care! It's a retarded, archaic system that complicates things way more tham they have to be.

Also, spoiler alert, rapists don't care about going into the wrong bathroom, sorry to say!
#1580 Posted: 16:47:56 24/02/2017
Not a fan of podcasts, mainly if there's many people at the same time. It feels messy and not a pleasure to hear, at least for me.
---
Bruh
#1581 Posted: 17:09:38 24/02/2017
Great value is just as good or even better than most of the name brands out there.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1582 Posted: 00:49:18 25/02/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Gendered Bathrooms are stupid. I couldn't give two craps (all pun intended) who I piss next to. I don't care! It's a retarded, archaic system that complicates things way more tham they have to be.

Also, spoiler alert, rapists don't care about going into the wrong bathroom, sorry to say!

I mean, you wouldn't even be able to piss next to a woman because they don't have convex genitalia to utilize the same toilets. So it makes sense in some respect. This is the reason I'm baffled at why everyone's losing their **** over transgender bathrooms. Sure, identify as what you want, but the reason we have different gendered bathrooms is because the two genders have different genitalia. So I think it makes sense for people to go to their biological sex's bathroom. (This started as a reply and became its own unpopular opinion, oops)
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1583 Posted: 01:16:49 25/02/2017
I don't know which toilets you have in public bathrooms there, besides urinals in mens' rooms, but American toilets baffle me. I don't understand why you guys have the water that high. European ones are so much better. (For reference: http://i.imgur.com/dEeUVtH.jpg)

Because Americans are wasteful and want to use up more water
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#1584 Posted: 07:13:54 25/02/2017
Quote: Arko
If it helps, I actually enjoy listening to All-Star by Smash Mouth.

I do too, though more because it was a major song in my childhood and something I liked before Shrek came out.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#1585 Posted: 09:44:19 25/02/2017
^It's one of my favourite childhood songs too, but I never heard it until I watched Shrek.

Another Shrek unpopular opinion: I like some of the song covers in the films better than the originals. Especially Smash Mouth's cover of I'm a Believer and Jennifer Saunders' cover of Holding out for Hero.
#1586 Posted: 15:59:11 25/02/2017
Quote: alicecarp
^It's one of my favourite childhood songs too, but I never heard it until I watched Shrek.

Another Shrek unpopular opinion: I like some of the song covers in the films better than the originals. Especially Smash Mouth's cover of I'm a Believer and Jennifer Saunders' cover of Holding out for Hero.

That's one thing I liked about the cast of the Shrek series, a lot of talented voices. I had no clue Eddie Murphy could sing until I saw Shrek.

^ Holding Out For A Hero is an incredible cover and Livin' The Vida Loca is almost as good as the original.

My unpopular opinion: banana Paddle Pops are best Paddle Pops and the rainbow ones aren't good.

I'm not much of a fan of the banana ones, but, I agree that the rainbow ones are trash.

Just like orange creamsicles.
#1587 Posted: 01:26:27 01/03/2017
I like the toilet paper under instead of over.
---
#1588 Posted: 04:01:12 01/03/2017
^ Most people hate baseball? At least it's way better than cricket. Nobody here likes cricket either but I'd much rather watch baseball.

Late as hell but loads of people on this site seem to either be bored by sports or hate them with an irrational passion. And even the few who like sports tend to vastly prefer American football or basketball.

In the general population those sports tend to be the more popular ones, whereas baseball is frequently cited as being boring and taking way too long to finish.
#1589 Posted: 06:49:08 01/03/2017
Quote: CAV
^ Most people hate baseball? At least it's way better than cricket. Nobody here likes cricket either but I'd much rather watch baseball.

Late as hell but loads of people on this site seem to either be bored by sports or hate them with an irrational passion. And even the few who like sports tend to vastly prefer American football or basketball.

In the general population those sports tend to be the more popular ones, whereas baseball is frequently cited as being boring and taking way too long to finish.

im gonna build on this with an unpopular opinion of my own, football is literally boring as **** and basketball and baseball are vastly superior

that being said, when it comes to olympic sports, only three interest me: table tennis, swimming, and beach volleyball
First | Previous | Page 32 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me