Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 31 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1501 Posted: 10:56:47 14/09/2016
I like CinemaSins to quickly check some stuff a movie I might watch that would turn me off from seeing it, but yeah, if he makes stuff up he's no better than Screen Junkies and their fetish for low hanging fruit franchises to **** on. Thanks for the suggestion Crash10, I'll check out CinemaWins.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1502 Posted: 14:20:25 14/09/2016
I do have mixed feelings about CinemaSins and I agree with many of you all's points. And thanks Crash10, I'll check out CinemaWins.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1503 Posted: 18:47:00 14/09/2016
Since my last post was horribly vague, I've decided to elaborate. The CinemaSins video I watched was the Inside Out one, and what set me off was two things.

He complained about there only being five emotions when more than that exist, which doesn't make much sense when you consider that the characters represented the most basic emotions, and that combinations of them created more complex emotions. It just seemed like a stupid thing to complain about, considering that the entire dynamic of the show would be different if there were hundreds of separate emotions running around.

The second thing, I don't exactly remember well. He seemed to complain about memories and asking something along the lines of "what's the point of this, why is this here?" And I thought, what? You've obviously watched the movie, it shouldn't count as a sin or anything.

It's rather petty, but it irritated me regardless.

Quote: TheToyNerd
Role Play weirdos me out. Yes, I know that there is an entire forum dedicated to it on this site but it's just not my thing. I can't imagine taking hours out of the week and just pretending that you're your own made-up character on an Internet forum... It's too odd for me to get into. I know some people like it, but it's not my thing.

I know this was from a few pages ago, but it interested me and it got me thinking.

I don't know if this counts as unpopular or not, but I personally don't like using role playing as a vessel for my own wish fulfillment. That is, I don't think of my characters as "me". I remember doing this in the past, but it always felt awkward. I prefer my character being separate from me, and having its own identity.

I think it's because I have a writer's mentality. When I role play with other people, I think of it as collaborating on a story, but a little more chaotic because you're never sure what exactly might happen. The characters, to me, are tools. Well, more like toys. They're playthings that I make do whatever I want, experimenting with different interactions between characters and scenarios. Yes, I joke around about them being my "babies" and whatnot, but they really aren't. I find it more entertaining to point out their flaws and make them work to improve themselves, rather than to "baby" them and never develop their character.

Of course, I'm not saying that you can't have character development with a self-insert, and I have nothing against that style of role playing. It's simply not my cup of tea.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#1504 Posted: 21:25:12 14/09/2016
I get CinemaSins' satirical and not very serious format, but that only works if you're funny.
#1505 Posted: 21:28:51 14/09/2016
It works when he actually does some stuff that's clever - when he went to explain on a separate video why he dings "this movie exists" to every remake that had a good/passable original because of the whole mentality that you have to keep reintroducting movies when a version of it was darn good enough, it was kind of a cool realization. But if the path he wants is lies and just being stubborn, then I'm out.
---
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1506 Posted: 00:03:42 15/09/2016
21 Pilots is a bad band
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#1507 Posted: 18:59:37 15/09/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Quote:
- He adds a sin just for Waluigi.

WAAAH-T?!

Wah?

Okay thats low.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#1508 Posted: 01:32:20 20/09/2016
Have I said this already? I don't know if I have

I really dislike all the AUs of Undertale, things like Underfell and ****.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#1509 Posted: 12:08:11 20/09/2016
That's unpopular? Because that was the clear start of the mess that made people start treating the characters like they're one dimensional. And each AU also has Pacifist, Genocide, Neutral, and the artist's bias seeps into every corner of the work.
---
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#1510 Posted: 03:54:14 21/09/2016
I prefer cold showers to hot.
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#1511 Posted: 23:49:15 07/10/2016
I hate zendaya. She is a terrible actress, and her music was trash. I don't know why people praise her so much. Really hope she isn't playing MJW in Homecoming.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#1512 Posted: 00:39:47 09/10/2016
I strongly dislike Twenty One Pilots and Panic! at the Disco.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#1513 Posted: 07:05:05 09/10/2016
Teaser trailers are stupid and unneeded
"You know what's a GREAT way to get hype for our #Number1MovieoftheYear ???? Let's so a small collection of clips from the trailer! We'll call it uh...a teaser trailer!!"
"But...isn't the trailer already supposed to be a teaser for the movie?"
"Shut up Randy "
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:05:29 09/10/2016 by DragonCamo
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#1514 Posted: 07:53:26 09/10/2016
It bothers me to no end when people use "Neko" to refer to a cat-girl. Yes the word means cat, but that's it, a cat, the animal itself and only that. Nothing about the word has any meaning relating to a human.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#1515 Posted: 09:09:33 09/10/2016
Ash's redesign for the SM anime is fine and the animation quality is better.

While I don't agree that the animation looks better than XY, I agree that there's nothing wrong with Ash's design in Sun/Moon. I am actually looking forward to this series more than I did with XY because they appear to be breaking tradition like they are with the games and I think it's nice to see a bit of change once in a while. Also, I missed when Ash used to be klutzy and childish like in the original series. I thought Ash seemed far too mature for his age in XY (assuming that he didn't get any older since BW), so I'm glad we might be getting the old Ash back as long as he won't be a noob like in the beginning of BW.

It annoys me that people are refusing to watch this new series after only seeing two teasers and a magazine scan just because they think it looks childish compared to XY and because Ash is acting like how any excited child his age would act. Are people forgetting who the target demographic is?
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1516 Posted: 00:30:38 31/10/2016
I think I said this before, but Telltale's The Walking Dead games are infinitely better and more interesting to me than the show.
---
Cool cool.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#1517 Posted: 02:35:25 31/10/2016
Quote: alicecarp

While I don't agree that the animation looks better than XY, I agree that there's nothing wrong with Ash's design in Sun/Moon. I am actually looking forward to this series more than I did with XY because they appear to be breaking tradition like they are with the games and I think it's nice to see a bit of change once in a while. Also, I missed when Ash used to be klutzy and childish like in the original series. I thought Ash seemed far too mature for his age in XY (assuming that he didn't get any older since BW), so I'm glad we might be getting the old Ash back as long as he won't be a noob like in the beginning of BW.

It annoys me that people are refusing to watch this new series after only seeing two teasers and a magazine scan just because they think it looks childish compared to XY and because Ash is acting like how any excited child his age would act. Are people forgetting who the target demographic is?

(Late reply is late, but w/e...)

Canonically Ash's antics actually make sense. Since he's eternally 10 and the Sun/Moon demo confirmed you need to be 11 to take the Rite of Islands Challenge, the only way Ash could do that would be to canonically turn 11. And we all know that'll never happen. XD
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1518 Posted: 21:23:55 05/11/2016
I personally think that the average age of people in a fan base almost directly influences the "quality" of this fandom. But it's just a theory.
---
Bruh
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1519 Posted: 01:26:45 06/11/2016
That does make sense as a general rule of thumb, but there certainly are exceptions to both sides.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#1520 Posted: 02:04:24 06/11/2016
Yeah, that's why I said "almost". It's not always.
---
Bruh
#1521 Posted: 11:27:50 10/11/2016
I never liked it, it always has display issues on the picture's page and I have to embed it somewhere just to see it properly e_e
---
#1522 Posted: 20:35:25 11/11/2016
I prefer Adventure Time's older seasons. Maybe because I liked more of the dumb humor and crazy plots instead of highly developed characters and a rich universe.

Yeah I think you got what I meant.
---
Bruh
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1523 Posted: 20:50:26 11/11/2016
Oh yeah, Adventure Time sucked at story arcs. The older seasons are clearly better
#1524 Posted: 20:54:28 11/11/2016
With this I kinda agree. They never make a big change without going back to normal later, with the exception of all the Finn's swords.
---
Bruh
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#1525 Posted: 13:43:44 18/11/2016
Quote: alicecarp

I can't wait for Sun and Moon's anime either. I actually stopped caring about Ash halfway through Diamond and Pearl and focused on other characters; both human and Pokémon (which is why I actually like the Black and White anime).

I haaaaaate these butthurt anime fans and genwunners that think an entire season flops just because of their "precious Ashy-poo". I mean don't get me wrong, the Pokémon anime is one of my favorite shows of all time (it is weird that it is moving to Disney smilie), but I feel like a lot of these guys just need to grow up.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#1526 Posted: 17:37:08 18/11/2016
Quote:
- He adds a sin just for Waluigi.

WAAAH-T?!

Sorry for double-posting, but I remember that video. I believe the sin was "Waluigi looks like a discount Robbie Rotten" or something like that.

OKAY FIRST OF ALL! Waluigi's debut game: Mario Tennis, debuted in 2000, Robbie Rotten (and Lazytown) debuted in 2004. DO YOU EVEN RESEARCH?

AND SECOND OF ALL: Waluigi looks NOTHING like Robbie. Waluigi looks more like Dick Dastardly from Wacky Races (I mean, come on).

WALUIGI TIME
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#1527 Posted: 20:17:02 19/11/2016
I don't like fan material (arts, fiction...) that goes out of the character. That's why I get rather salty about Nick X Judy ship.

I mean, I won't hunt the person who made it, like the infamous thin Rose Quartz fan art case, I'll just dislike it.

That's why I don't like shipping (ships people that won't form a couple, canonically speaking) and Rule34 fan art (changes too much of the character's proportions just to be sexy).
---
Bruh
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#1528 Posted: 00:55:18 26/11/2016
Star Wars really isn't that people that great. I've seen all of them once or twice and I don't really have that much of a desire to see them again. They kinda bore me honestly. The Force Awakens is the only one that didn't bore me at all. I feel the same way about Ghostbusters
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1529 Posted: 21:42:24 01/12/2016
Mac and Cheese is a disgrace to humanity
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#1530 Posted: 01:50:02 05/12/2016
- I honestly don't like Garnet from Steven Universe that much
- Ocarina of Time is not my favorite Zelda game, Twilight Princess is
- I prefer reading manga than watching anime
- Star Fox SNES will always be better than Star Fox 64 and the others in my books
- I don't really like Pop Funko
- Enter the Dragonfly will always be one of my favorite Spyro games
- Pikmin 2 is better than 1 or 3 imo
- The new Spongebob episodes don't really bother me all that much
---
Wow
Such signature
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1531 Posted: 14:24:20 09/12/2016
Breadwinners is a bad show, but I kind of like it anyway. But I also hate it. So, it's a love/hate kind of thing.

But I have to disagree with people who say that Sanjay and Craig is a bad cartoon. I mean, it's not fantastic or anything. And yes, it has its duds, but almost every episode has succeeded in making me laugh. It can actually be kind of witty, if you get past all the gross-out humor. But I have to say, I admire how far out they go with their gross-out jokes. Like, they don't just stick to butt and fart jokes (well, there's lots of that too, but not only that). They got away with throwing some really nasty stuff in there. Especially in the first episode (or was it the pilot?).
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it isn't a disgrace to animation. It's not that bad, but it's not that great either.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1532 Posted: 07:58:34 11/12/2016
I actually don't like any of Cartoon Network's new shows, besides SU ... but I've even been going off that a bit lately.

Quote: Crash10
I don't like fan material (arts, fiction...) that goes out of the character. That's why I get rather salty about Nick X Judy ship.

I mean, I won't hunt the person who made it, like the infamous thin Rose Quartz fan art case, I'll just dislike it.

That's why I don't like shipping (ships people that won't form a couple, canonically speaking) and Rule34 fan art (changes too much of the character's proportions just to be sexy).

I agree with everything you said here 100%.

Quote: Yoshi
- I honestly don't like Garnet from Steven Universe that much
- Ocarina of Time is not my favorite Zelda game, Twilight Princess is
- I prefer reading manga than watching anime
- Star Fox SNES will always be better than Star Fox 64 and the others in my books
- I don't really like Pop Funko
- Enter the Dragonfly will always be one of my favorite Spyro games
- Pikmin 2 is better than 1 or 3 imo
- The new Spongebob episodes don't really bother me all that much

Yep, yep, this. Though I have seen a lot of people online who don't like them, but I think everyone I know in real life has no ill feelings towards them. :I
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#1533 Posted: 20:28:22 28/12/2016
JoJo's art style and character poses always came out as creepy and uncanny for me.
---
Bruh
GarbageMemes101 Ripto Gems: 670
#1534 Posted: 20:12:46 30/12/2016
I think large open world design in video games is ruining a lot of genius creativity. Linear design with open areas and branching paths is a lot more complex and feels as if more thought was put into the shaping and content of a level.

Take Nier: Automata for example...
BorisTheParrot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#1535 Posted: 22:42:29 01/01/2017
: Cannabis is very overrated. It made my Anxiety problems way worse and it gave me terrible paranoia. I don't mind people smoking it, but the people who dismiss that it can give you Psychological problems are wrong.
: I don't find Pewdiepie, Jontron, and Egoraptor funny. They're humour relies too much on being random and quirky. That sort of humour just hasn't ever appealed to me.
: H3H3's content has gone downhill rapidly. The guy used to be very funny and insightful in his videos. But now I feel he is trying way too hard.
: 95% of memes are mindless rubbish. You do get one that comes along that can be witty, but that rarely does happen.
---
"Don't criticise what you can't understand" - Bob Dylan
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:46 01/01/2017 by BorisTheParrot
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#1536 Posted: 23:00:22 01/01/2017
Quote: BorisTheParrot
: 95% of memes are mindless rubbish. You do get one that comes along that can be witty, but that rarely does happen.

I agree. I think the worst ones are dat boi and John Cena.
#1537 Posted: 15:27:08 02/01/2017
I like Futurama more than the Simpsons...
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1538 Posted: 21:33:26 02/01/2017
^That's nowhere near an unpopular opinion.
#1539 Posted: 21:52:02 02/01/2017
Oh really? Huh... Well, it's true. Simpsons can be funny, but I think Futurama had a consistent quality throughout all the seasons that Simpsons doesn't match unfortunately.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1540 Posted: 05:58:39 04/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Oh really? Huh... Well, it's true. Simpsons can be funny, but I think Futurama had a consistent quality throughout all the seasons that Simpsons doesn't match unfortunately.

From my understanding it's usually agreed that Futurama has remained consistently good even after cancellation, and creative in a way not usually seen on TV period, while the Simpsons has long overstayed its welcome and has had its greatest moments often overshadowed by just how long it's been around.

As much as I used to argue otherwise I think at this point I agree as well. Futurama just hits harder than Simpsons usually did even on its best days. Not to say I don't love both dearly.

EDIT: I also may be preferring Futurama because Futurama repeats and episodes are a lot easier to watch on Netflix or TV, whereas up until FXX came around FOX only ever gave repeats of the latest 3-4 seasons of the Simpsons, rather than the golden age material. So episodes like Luck of the Fryish are a lot more imprinted in my memory than Marge vs. the Monorail.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:03:05 04/01/2017 by CAV
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1541 Posted: 21:52:41 17/01/2017
I don't care what other people say, but Godzilla 1998 was freaking awesome and to this day I still love it. The new design was strange, but at the same time it really fit the bill for what happened in the film. It couldn't imagine the traditional Godzilla running around and dodging missiles like ShodaiJira did in the film. The plot put a really cool twist on the traditional 1954 film, and I loved the concept of the babies and the asexual reproduction. I even like the end credits song (Come With Me by Puff Daddy). Normally, I hate rap and things like it, but this one was pretty great and if you listen to the lyrics, it fits the idea of a Godzilla film.

Overall, I loved it. Second favorite in the franchise, behind 2014, with GMK as a close second.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
First | Previous | Page 31 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me