Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 27 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1301 Posted: 16:52:15 28/06/2016
Quote: kardonis
ok then, what content does it have? What is replayable? What makes you think, hey, I want to do that again?

...It's a fighting game, man. What makes it replayable is the fact that you can try out different characters and try out different maps. Plus, there are a bunch of modes that I don't need to explain because you have the game...
Alydol Ripto Gems: 1330
#1302 Posted: 22:49:34 28/06/2016
Quote: whirlwind fan
Quote: Alydol
Quote: Bifrost
Birds can be assholes, doesn't matter if they're adorbs or not.

Case in point ground-doves. **** those birds, I had hell when at least three tried to nest over my window over the course of summer. Only solution was to leave lights on my yard at slam-with-wooden-pole height and close off my roof entirely because they won't shut up.

Why do people keep editing like 10 pages back

Apparently, I have two pet birds so I'll keep saying that you (I'll explain in a pic)
[User Posted Image]

Plus, I'll block you because you won't shut up.

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with the OP's attitude, in fact your attitude is unfair.

[User Posted Image]

This is exactly what I meant, I just want to be left alone for my opinions...
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5724
#1303 Posted: 23:03:02 28/06/2016
Quote: whirlwind fan

Apparently, I have two pet birds so I'll keep saying that you (I'll explain in a pic)
[User Posted Image]

Plus, I'll block you because you won't shut up.

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with the OP's attitude, in fact your attitude is unfair.

[User Posted Image]

This is exactly what I meant, I just want to be left alone for my opinions...

In order to be left alone for your opinions, you must do the same for others. Blocking somebody because they have differing opinions to you is not a nice approach. Bifrost isn't targeting you for liking birds, she is speaking from HER personal experience, not yours.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1304 Posted: 23:08:32 28/06/2016
If your opinion is "be a jerk to Bifrost because she doesn't like ground-doves", then it should go to "Stupid stuff that bothers you?", not here, kid.

Continuining on topic, unpopular opinion is that Smash *is* a fighting game. I've seen a lot of people call it a party game because it's too casual and depends on luck but c'mon, it's like saying competitive card games aren't the same as other competitive card games because they implement RNG.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:09:21 28/06/2016 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1305 Posted: 23:27:46 28/06/2016
Continuining on topic, unpopular opinion is that Smash *is* a fighting game. I've seen a lot of people call it a party game because it's too casual and depends on luck but c'mon, it's like saying competitive card games aren't the same as other competitive card games because they implement RNG.

I agree. People seem to treat Smash as a party game because it didn't focused initially on the competitive aspect, and more on the fun party part. But now, yeah, it's more treated as a fighting game, now that the competitive part is more developed.
---
Bruh
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#1306 Posted: 23:47:44 29/06/2016
I really dislike the other "fan" versions of undertale like overtale and ****. I don't know why, but It just annoys me especially in this fandom? Like I actually cringe when I see whatever the hell those black and orange versions of sans and papyrus are from. I also don't like when people switch Papyrus and San's personalities like making Papyrus all "badass" and "evil" idk
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1307 Posted: 23:58:21 29/06/2016
Quote: Spyrobaro
^Those are called AUs, or alternate universes. I feel like they're really hit and miss; they have a similar thing to Underswap in the WOY fandom for example and I'm not the biggest fan of that.

As for Undertale itself, there are only a few AUs that I really like personally. Underswap Flowey is kinda cute.

I'm actually making an Undertale AU myself...I hope that's a hit and not a miss!

Underfell Flowey is really cute, though...http://2static.fjcdn.com/pictu...295_5895650.jpg
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#1308 Posted: 00:21:54 30/06/2016
Sans' generalization really gets into me too. Someone put it best, he's Undertale's Broly - it's a very deep but at the same time simple character, yet the fandom turns him into the edgy depressed super powerful magician that for some reason is very sexy to pair with the reader, if fanfiction tags are any indication.

Something that gets him is that they also base him entirely in their view of the game and not, say, his blog posts on official tumblr, which show that whatever the plot for him is, he treats it like any other human being would treat a source of depression/suffering/whatever's up with him, not going on huge rants about omg you killed papyrus in genocide route now I'll dedicate every walking moment to bawling.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:23:41 30/06/2016 by Bifrost
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1309 Posted: 00:24:26 30/06/2016
Sans' generalization really gets into me too. Someone put it best, he's Undertale's Broly - it's a very deep but at the same time simple character, yet the fandom turns him into the edgy depressed super powerful magician that for some reason is very sexy to pair with the reader, if fanfiction tags are any indication.

I don't see Sans as a super depressed edgy god or whatever, but I do like to imagine him as the punny, dad-joke kind of guy.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#1310 Posted: 02:24:26 30/06/2016
I don't even really know what you guys are talking about. ^.^;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#1311 Posted: 20:55:26 30/06/2016
Ok the nonspecific warnings didn't help. *gets megaphone*

SkylandersPurists could you please stop editing the post at ****ing page 20 nobody's gonna read that but we get redirected there all the time. Thank you for your attention, I don't mean to insult you, just asking you to stop.

I'm not mad that China's getting Persona 5 before we do at all - it's not a huge internet community with an overlap with the english-speaking community, I don't remember any noteworthy let's plays to have it show up on everyone's Related Videos out of a sudden, and people who speak multiple languages have an import option if they have yet to learn japanese. Now if Europe did, that'd be a whole different issue.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:56:03 30/06/2016 by Bifrost
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1312 Posted: 21:35:51 30/06/2016
> Comes to read new post
> Randomly arrives at page 20

See, my unpopular opinion is that I really don't think editing a post is necessary unless you posted less than an hour ago. In fast paced discussions, things move on quickly. I would actually like dark to implement some kind of feature that meant edits didn't show up as new posts.

~Rant over~
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#1313 Posted: 04:25:26 01/07/2016
Quote: yelvy
> Comes to read new post
> Randomly arrives at page 20

See, my unpopular opinion is that I really don't think editing a post is necessary unless you posted less than an hour ago. In fast paced discussions, things move on quickly. I would actually like dark to implement some kind of feature that meant edits didn't show up as new posts.

~Rant over~

I would like to see that feature as well as there are a few people I've seen make multiple edits to a post (like 10+) with little to no change done to the actual post. I kinda suspect these people are taking advantage of the fact edits are treated as new posts to bring attention to their post when no one/the right person isn't replying to them. Not calling anyone out, but I've noticed this to occur with one person especially that I highly suspect to be doing this.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1314 Posted: 06:30:11 01/07/2016 | Topic Creator
If it's from the last two pages I'm fine but a post made a month ago is basically worthless because nobody will read it.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5322
#1315 Posted: 08:15:10 01/07/2016
I'm not sure if it can be implemented or if it'd be difficult to, but maybe there can be a checkbox asking if you want your edit to be treated as a new post? Ehh I don't know.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1316 Posted: 10:32:02 01/07/2016
Quote: crystalhero37
I'm not sure if it can be implemented or if it'd be difficult to, but maybe there can be a checkbox asking if you want your edit to be treated as a new post? Ehh I don't know.

Yeah, but that wouldn't stop the problem of those people who just edit so that people will look at their post.
---
Dead
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5322
#1317 Posted: 11:11:34 01/07/2016
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: crystalhero37

Yeah, but that wouldn't stop the problem of those people who just edit so that people will look at their post.

Ah true, I was just thinking more for the people anxious about others being annoyed at their slight edits. The idea wasn't really well thought out. Never mind.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:21:39 01/07/2016 by crystalhero37
#1318 Posted: 14:10:20 01/07/2016
I personally enjoy the Ice Age movies, even if I know that, except the first one, they are pretty bad.
---
Bruh
#1319 Posted: 15:20:05 01/07/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Crash10
I personally enjoy the Ice Age movies, even if I know that, except the first one, they are pretty bad.

To be completely honest, the first two are the only ones that I enjoyed a lot.
However, the third one was decently enjoyable because dinosaurs are cool and Buck is pretty funny.

The fourth one was also slightly enjoyable for me as well for some reason, though it's easily my least favorite of the four that are currently out.
(I also really liked the old sloth; I thought she was funny as hell)

Obviously the original Ice Age is the best, simply because it has a lot more depth and meaning to it. (Similar to the first Shrek movie)

Actually for some reason the third one is a personal favorite, even if the first one reach pretty close.

The second one is good too. It has the majority of things that made the first one good.

While is slightly enjoy the fourth one, it has many flaws. The characters are all underdeveloped, and the story feels a little like the second one. At least the cheap jokes are funny and the visuals are good.

The fact that I enjoy the movies is the only reason I'm gonna watch the fifth one, even if I know that it will be horrible. Maybe I will like it, but I hope that it's the last one.
---
Bruh
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1320 Posted: 19:15:57 01/07/2016
I'm the only one who is exited for the new Ice Age movie?

Really people in darkSpyro just hates it.
#1321 Posted: 19:31:56 01/07/2016
Ice Age movies are overstaying their welcome,but aside from anything involving Peaches the series has been enduring sequelitis quite well. Happy Feet 2 on the other hand... Wow what a pointless movie, but I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.
---
#1322 Posted: 19:52:21 01/07/2016
^Not really pointless the only pointless thing was Mumble's Design.
#1323 Posted: 20:08:02 01/07/2016
Nope,the movie was a repeat of the previous one,plus ~cute baby penguins!~ oh and that useless krill sideplot that they tried so hard to make relevant but in the end was filler in movie form.
---
#1324 Posted: 20:26:28 01/07/2016
Game Grumps is trying to be the next Rooster Teeth and failing miserably at it. What's with all the Smash/Overwatch vids lately? They aren't funny or well-made at all. They're just trying to capitalize on the popularity of those games by shoving out garbage vids that hopefully gain traction, views and profit. Plus, all the recent full LPs are BOOOOORING! My god, I don't care for any of them... If it weren't for my adoration of Danny, I don't think I'd be watching this channel anymore.

At least Sonic and the Black Knight seems funny so far!
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1325 Posted: 03:30:07 02/07/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Game Grumps is trying to be the next Rooster Teeth and failing miserably at it. What's with all the Smash/Overwatch vids lately? They aren't funny or well-made at all. They're just trying to capitalize on the popularity of those games by shoving out garbage vids that hopefully gain traction, views and profit. Plus, all the recent full LPs are BOOOOORING! My god, I don't care for any of them... If it weren't for my adoration of Danny, I don't think I'd be watching this channel anymore.

tbh i really don't think roosterteeth is doing that well either so. *shrugs*
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#1326 Posted: 04:11:08 04/07/2016
People are going to hate me for this when i say it... so i'll spoiled it.

The Haters of the Alpha and Omega movies are more annoying then the fans of those movies period.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1327 Posted: 21:40:24 05/07/2016
To be honest, I get really tired of speculating eventually. All this 'which villains' stuff in the Skylanders boards really wears me down. Probably because it's the only part of the game I really don't care about right now. This is more of my problem rather than anyone else's, but I just wanted to post it here anyway :3
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1328 Posted: 22:51:05 05/07/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I've never really completed something traditional that I'm still happy with (it's all crap from my dragoboo phase), but I think traditional drawing is more fun than digital.

Oh, I completely agree. >.<
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#1329 Posted: 03:06:22 06/07/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

I agree that the longer series get very boring after awhile. I lost interest in Ocarina after 5 episodes or so. It's the on-offs and short series that I enjoy from them. I'm liking this period of them jumping around to random stuff. I'm dreading when they decide to sit down and do another long series again. Unless it's Sonic or Dead Rising, I lose interest in those fast.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#1330 Posted: 04:14:04 06/07/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I've never really completed something traditional that I'm still happy with (it's all crap from my dragoboo phase), but I think traditional drawing is more fun than digital.

its the other way around for me, actually. :p
---
#1331 Posted: 19:53:43 06/07/2016
Oh, and on the subject of Ice Age ... I actually would like to see the new movie as well. cx
I mean, yeah, I think the franchise has seriously gone down hill (IMO the only good one was the first one) but for some reason I have gotten attached to the movies and the characters and I still would like to see the new installment. Also ... I'm happy Buck is back. >.<
---
I draw stuff.
#1332 Posted: 04:40:33 09/07/2016
Strange Magic isn't a good movie, and I'd never rush up to defend it at all.

but oh my god it fits what I love so well.

Love story, Pop Rock and fantasy.

I really like it.
---
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#1333 Posted: 11:23:09 11/07/2016
I think Secret Life of Pets is a funny movie

As for the Ice Age movies, I think the Open Season, Alpha and Omega, and Land Before Time movies are dead horses, but that's just me!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#1334 Posted: 19:28:42 11/07/2016
^ Yeah, I completely agree.
Though they did stop making Open Season after the third one, right? (I couldn't finish watching that one because it was just ... no). I did really like the first one though but I think it should have stopped there. But oh my gosh Alpha and Omega. The sequels to those are just horrible. The first one was actually good and I liked it, but no the sequels are terrible.

Quote: parisruelz12
Strange Magic isn't a good movie, and I'd never rush up to defend it at all.

but oh my god it fits what I love so well.

Love story, Pop Rock and fantasy.

I really like it.

^ This as well.
I'm actually not that into a the themes this movie covers, but for some reason I really liked it. >.<
---
I draw stuff.
Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
#1335 Posted: 19:58:34 11/07/2016
I don't like bacon and I like marmite
---
smilie
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#1336 Posted: 20:49:29 11/07/2016
WALL-E is a really good movie. I've never met another person who likes it.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#1337 Posted: 21:52:26 11/07/2016
Quote: awesomerockets
WALL-E is a really good movie. I've never met another person who likes it.

WALL-E is amazing!? Those people are dummies.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#1338 Posted: 02:09:45 12/07/2016
i love the first Open season
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#1339 Posted: 02:19:02 12/07/2016
Quote: skylandersspyro

Same here! Granted, I saw it as a youngling, so I don't know if it held up.

----

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare looks fine...
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1340 Posted: 17:26:41 13/07/2016
After watching both films, I think I enjoyed Finding Dory slightly more than Finding Nemo. I love both movies but I found myself having a little more fun with Finding Dory.

Quote: skylandersspyro

agreed. I also liked Open Season 2 and 3 even though they weren't perfect.
---
Cool cool.
#1341 Posted: 17:50:42 13/07/2016
Someone brought it up and I feel like bringing it up.
I love Slowbeef and all, but Wifestreams are unwatchable. Shiddykat's hilarious, brings up some good conversations, and actually plays off of him really well,but give her the controller, and she turns into a mess that chickens out of EVERY SINGLE SITUATION THAT REQUIRES A CHALLENGE. Wifestream Catherine was easily the worst LP I ever sat through. For the wife of literally the first Let's Player in internet history, she makes me hate the game for putting obstacles for her to whine and ragequit at, and I made a point at watching Zaibatsu's Catherine LP now just so my impression of the game isn't so throughly ruined.

Again, amazing person, before anyone plays the 'you hate womyn playing the games'(which is stupid because I love watching Lucahjin and Aureylian but someone will attempt that eventually) card. Teeeerrrible streamer.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:53:01 13/07/2016 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 27 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me