Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 11 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#501 Posted: 13:26:04 23/10/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
How can you hate a specific company for something that literally every other company in the industry does? What? lol

The Hell are you talking about? Maybe they all do things in common, but no, no do they not. For the things others do that are screwed up, people call it out, and as I stated, one reason Nintendo pisses me off so much is nobody calls them out about it. Ninja Theory doesn't allow cross-buy for DmC and everyone freaks out, but Nintendo's youtube bs, and not many want to act as though it's a problem.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#502 Posted: 15:28:14 23/10/2015
Quote: CelesteInk
How can you hate a specific company for something that literally every other company in the industry does? What? lol

The Hell are you talking about? Maybe they all do things in common, but no, no do they not. For the things others do that are screwed up, people call it out, and as I stated, one reason Nintendo pisses me off so much is nobody calls them out about it. Ninja Theory doesn't allow cross-buy for DmC and everyone freaks out, but Nintendo's youtube bs, and not many want to act as though it's a problem.

NO.People on Youtube and Nintendo sites were complaining about the Youtube thing.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#503 Posted: 15:38:28 23/10/2015
^Not nearly as many people as those who flip out over any other choice by any other company. Just look at Angry Joe's reaction to the many fans defending it. I remember more people attacking the Call of Duty devs for changing gun designs than this.

I'm done with this topic for now. I get it, people don't like my views on Nintendo, hence "Unpopular". Sigh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:09:01 23/10/2015 by CelesteInk
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#504 Posted: 17:01:39 23/10/2015

*snip*

By back stabbing, I am referring specifically to just out of nowhere upping the price of their games, and the Youtube controversy. Some people are upset about figure prices in Toys to Life games, some are upset about certain games not having cross-buy, some are upset about DLC. I am upset about this.

*snip*

How exactly is that "backstabbing"?

Quote: This site here

Full Definition of BACKSTABBING:

betrayal (as by a verbal attack against one not present) especially by a false friend
---
Dead
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#505 Posted: 17:27:16 23/10/2015
There are a lot of reasons to LEGITIMATELY dislike Nintendo:

1. The fact that Nintendo's had piss-poor third party support since the N64 era.

2. Nintendo has had underperforming hardware since the N64 era.

3. Nintendo's YouTube policies.

4. Nintendo's stubbornness to not price down their first party titles after they've been out for a few years.

5. Nintendo's botched marketing of the Wii U.

I could go on forever, but don't go looking for reasons to go after a company.

That MAY have been true in like 2009-2010, but a LOT of gaming companies are embracing YouTube. There's a reason as to why games such as Minecraft and Happy Wheels are so popular, and that's due in part to YouTube, and many gaming companies are starting to see it.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:35:34 23/10/2015 by JCW555
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#506 Posted: 18:37:45 23/10/2015
I don't think any of those are reasons to hate Nintendo.

In fact I'll just say right now - I seem to be the only person who really couldn't care less if Nintendo had no third party support. Even if they did, people wouldn't buy those games anyway. They'd still just buy Nintendo games and people would get the third parties on something else anyway. It happened before.

I buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games, because everything else is on PC. In all honesty, I am only going to be getting exclusives for the other consoles too. And they have much less than Nintendo.

Also while Nintendo haven't had much third party support on Wii U, they are by far the best console for indies right now.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#507 Posted: 18:47:18 23/10/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I don't think any of those are reasons to hate Nintendo.

In fact I'll just say right now - I seem to be the only person who really couldn't care less if Nintendo had no third party support. Even if they did, people wouldn't buy those games anyway. They'd still just buy Nintendo games and people would get the third parties on something else anyway. It happened before.

I buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games, because everything else is on PC. In all honesty, I am only going to be getting exclusives for the other consoles too. And they have much less than Nintendo.

Also while Nintendo haven't had much third party support on Wii U, they are by far the best console for indies right now.

I said I am done, and I am done arguing right now, as it's ridiculous someone can't give an opinion on something called "unpopular opinions" without the subject apparently changing to how ridiculous that opinion is, even if I gave more than enough reasons to why I am fed up, but I wanted to comment on what you said, in an agreeing manner, because you're damn right about indies on the Wii-U. For me though, and this may sound silly, I really prefer my indies to be on a handheld. I waited on playing Rogue Legacy which I badly wanted until it came to the Vita, just so I could start it on a handheld. I don't know what it is for me personally, but I've always preferred indies on a handheld. So yes, the Wii-U is the best console for indies, but as far as handhelds go, I'm going to say the Vita. The 3DS has a few good ones (will never understand why Binding of Isaac is New 3DS only), but the Vita has a lot of those indies that became best sellers on the PC, such as Don't Starve, Rogue Legacy, a Binding of Isaac that isn't tied to one version of that system, and my personal favorite, Spelunky.

Guess I need to throw in an unpopular opinion to make this relevant again.... uh... I prefer PlayStation All Stars over Super Smash 1, Brawl, and 4. I prefer Final Fantasy XIII over VII... I prefer DmC over Devil May Cry 3. Watch me get hate for that now. ._.
#508 Posted: 21:50:12 23/10/2015
^I wasn't talking about what you said, I was talking about JCW's post.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#509 Posted: 01:20:24 24/10/2015
eh i've always thought that nintendo was one of those companies who cares about their fanbase but okay then
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#510 Posted: 01:32:19 24/10/2015
Seinfeld is blasphemy of comedy…
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#511 Posted: 02:09:44 24/10/2015
^I wasn't talking about what you said, I was talking about JCW's post.

And I was responding to what you said. Problem?

Quote: DarkCynder_543
eh i've always thought that nintendo was one of those companies who cares about their fanbase but okay then

Not enough to keep Donkey Kong from being in Pixels. smilie
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#512 Posted: 02:52:34 24/10/2015
Nostalgia is Disgusting thing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:53:01 24/10/2015 by KeybasHedKey
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#513 Posted: 03:37:19 24/10/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey

Nostalgia is a positive feeling.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#514 Posted: 06:22:35 24/10/2015

only when you go full nostalgiatard and act like 90s cartoons were the only good cartoons ever and any other cartoons made suck is when it's a disgusting thing.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#515 Posted: 16:18:48 24/10/2015
Quote:

Uh, kinda.

You replied to my post rattling on about how "I ALREADY SAID I WAS DONE" and "IT'S RIDICULOUS I CAN'T HAVE MY OWN UNPOPULAR OPINION WITHOUT SOMEONE THINKING THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT".

But I wasn't even replying to your post that time. So I would have to actually ask you what is your problem here?
---
#516 Posted: 17:57:36 24/10/2015
Quote:

Uh, kinda.

You replied to my post rattling on about how "I ALREADY SAID I WAS DONE" and "IT'S RIDICULOUS I CAN'T HAVE MY OWN UNPOPULAR OPINION WITHOUT SOMEONE THINKING THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT".

But I wasn't even replying to your post that time. So I would have to actually ask you what is your problem here?

Are only focusing on just one thing I said? That was in response to the previous responses from almost everyone else, which you can see if you read up, explaining I *am* done with that topic, then carrying on to respond to what you said. Also, I love how you used all caps to try and make me look more dramatic...
#517 Posted: 18:36:56 24/10/2015
^Dude, I told you I was done, you said you were done, then you quote me and me alone while I'm talking to someone else, start your post talking about how you are done once again, continue to respond to my post, and then you say part of your post was directed at other users as if I'm supposed to know that even though you didn't quote anyone else.

You're either done or you're not. Don't be confusing about it.

In any case, I'm done with that discussion.

--------------

I find it much harder to make friends online than I do IRL, because most people online are either assholes, or really socially awkward/poor at communicating. There's also the fact that, more times than not, online friends don't value you as much as you think because at the end of the day, you aren't a real person to them or don't have the same value as an IRL friend. As far as most people online are concerned, I'm just a JPEG of a mummified Donald Duck accompanied by text. At one point, I was also a JPEG of Rosalina, or Sonic, or what have you. And people tend to base their entire opinion on you off that JPEG and one minority of the text you have produced (because they can't be bothered remembering more than a little bit, because again, you're not much of a real person from their perspective. You're just data).
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#518 Posted: 21:56:50 24/10/2015
  • Knack is a great game.
  • Matt Smith is the worst of the modern doctors.
  • Stannis is the best character in Game of Thrones.
  • Halo is just another generic FPS.
  • Fallout 4 is overhyped
  • CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
    #519 Posted: 22:00:59 24/10/2015
    Quote: TTD
  • Knack is a great game.
  • Fallout 4 is overhyped

• THIS!!! I stopped watching Doctor Who because I hated Matt Smith so much. I thought Knack was actually really cool. And Stannis is just all sorts of incredible in all aspects.
    MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
    #520 Posted: 22:02:31 24/10/2015
  • Knack is a great game.
  • Fallout 4 is overhyped

• [User Posted Image]
    - - -
    ---
    the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
    #521 Posted: 22:24:12 24/10/2015
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Knack is a great game.
  • Fallout 4 is overhyped

• THIS!!! I stopped watching Doctor Who because I hated Matt Smith so much. I thought Knack was actually really cool. And Stannis is just all sorts of incredible in all aspects.

Have you started watching again? Peter Capaldi is such a great doctor.
    #522 Posted: 22:27:26 24/10/2015
    @TTD I haven't. I saw only one episode, I thought he was cool enough, but I'm going to wait till it's on Netflix... and till I have my membership renewed.
    #523 Posted: 22:31:02 24/10/2015
    I'm sure that you'll enjoy it again. There are a few 'Matt-Smith-y' episodes in season 8 but otherwise, it's a solid season. Season 9, however is where it gets really interesting - some people are even claiming it to be the best season since it returned in 2005.
    Quote: MoonHorizons
  • Knack is a great game.
  • Fallout 4 is overhyped

• [User Posted Image]
    - - -

[User Posted Image]
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:32:46 24/10/2015 by TTD
    #524 Posted: 22:37:24 24/10/2015
    Whaaaat. A better season than the one with Eccleston? The episode I saw was the one with Arya's actress. It was pretty cool... though I didn't have a clue what was going on. lol
    Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
    #525 Posted: 23:22:51 24/10/2015
    I could go on a rant on what TTD said about Halo but I don't want to start another aguement that nobody wants to see...

I don't like Doctor Who or Gravity Falls
    #526 Posted: 23:53:15 24/10/2015
    I don't see Halo as a generic FPS, the lore and all that is interesting and the art direction is phenomenal. It also tries out a lot of cool gameplay ideas.

However, my problem with Halo is that I think the core gameplay is far too slow and floaty for me to get into. I like messing around with the physics a bit, but I always quit these games as the movement feels way too slow and it bores me.
    ---
    #527 Posted: 07:29:45 25/10/2015
    I appreciate what you're saying about halo but I still can't see the uniqueness in the game, it doesn't seem any difference to, say Killzone.

Whaaaat. A better season than the one with Eccleston? The episode I saw was the one with Arya's actress. It was pretty cool... though I didn't have a clue what was going on. lol

Did you watch the one with the lion? The episode is actually s second part to the episode last week (which is why you may not have understood it).
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:30:24 25/10/2015 by TTD
    mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
    #528 Posted: 16:14:26 25/10/2015
    I don't know if it's unpopular or not, but I hate the 9th Doctor.
    ---
    Dead
    awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
    #529 Posted: 17:04:18 25/10/2015
    I like Jurassic World more than Jurassic Park.
    ---
    go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
    #530 Posted: 23:28:06 25/10/2015
    I don't like Eleven. I mean, I like him. But I think he suffered from bad plots, I loved the idea of a sad doctor who thinks he's on the last of his life, but covers it up with a whimsical personality and silliness. I wish RTD wrote some of 11's episodes.

Quote: mega spyro
    I don't know if it's unpopular or not, but I hate the 9th Doctor.

Whaaaa ):
    #531 Posted: 02:43:10 26/10/2015
    I like the ninth Doctor more than even Tom Baker. Definitely my favorite Doctor.

Uh... gotta give an unpopular opinion... here we go. I absolutely despise Arya Stark in Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire, definitely moreso in the tv series, Game of Thrones. Her story doesn't go anywhere, the acting is laughable, and she reminds me of a hybrid between a human and a goblin. I absolutely cannot stand Arya. More on unpopular opinions about Game of Thrones... my favorite characters are Jaime, Cersei, Tywin, and Stannis.
    SirGentleFox Ripto Gems: 0
    #532 Posted: 19:07:51 26/10/2015
    The Skylanders franchise is a giant cash grab thats a pretty unpopular opinion.
    Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
    #533 Posted: 19:14:11 26/10/2015
    Quote: SirGentleFox

Nope! Just leave DS or go to the others sections and you'll find that even Skylanders fans agree with that.
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
    #534 Posted: 01:57:16 27/10/2015
    I prefer dubbed anime over subbed, regardless of what anime it is and/or how good the sub is. When I watch a show, i want to be able to understand it and actually pay attention to the show, no matter how bad the dub could possibly be. I don't want to spend a whole show constantly looking at subtitles just so I can understand the show. At that point the only thing i'm really watching is the bottom of the screen.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    #535 Posted: 00:16:13 28/10/2015
    I don't like The Nightmare Before Christmas. At all.
    parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
    #536 Posted: 00:31:35 28/10/2015
    Quote: Badwolfmichael

*Goes into a corner and sobs silently*

J/K

That's your own opinion, m8, and that's fine. :)
    ---
    looks like ive got some things to do...
    pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
    #537 Posted: 00:49:34 28/10/2015
    I don't like the trope of Bumblebee from Transformers having no voice. It may have worked in the original Transformers film but now it really irritates me that just about every iteration of Transformers since the 2007 movie needs to have Bee without a voice.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:50:25 28/10/2015 by pankakesparx456
    IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
    #538 Posted: 01:03:07 28/10/2015
    on the mention of 'voiceless bumblebee'..

at least bumblebee got his voice back in prime and still has it in robots in disguise 2015
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:04:01 28/10/2015 by IsisStormDragon
    #539 Posted: 01:18:30 28/10/2015
    Quote: pankakesparx456
    I don't like the trope of Bumblebee from Transformers having no voice. It may have worked in the original Transformers film but now it really irritates me that just about every iteration of Transformers since the 2007 movie needs to have Bee without a voice.

Agreed.
    #540 Posted: 03:07:41 28/10/2015
    Quote: Bifrost
    Quote: SirGentleFox

Nope! Just leave DS or go to the others sections and you'll find that even Skylanders fans agree with that.

Clearly I'm a Skylanders fangirl, and... I only agree with that to an extent. It is a cash grab, it is very much so taking advantage of people, while at the same time it doesn't upset me nearly as much as DLC. Skylanders at least advertises itself as what it is, and lets you know before buying, what you're getting yourself into. Also, I've actually saved money playing Skylanders. I used to pay $40 to $60 every few weeks on a game, but ever since starting Skylanders, I've mostly only paid $20 every few weeks (with an occasional game every now and then) on a figure or so. I'm not defending it, but I certainly don't think it deserves a lot of the hate it gets for being a toys to life game.
    #541 Posted: 08:02:48 28/10/2015

Something is amiss...
    ---
    Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
    #542 Posted: 10:42:41 28/10/2015

Well yeah, people usually call it DLC actually worth buying; though it's pointless to go on the Riptoed person's argument that cash grab=bad because nearly every AAA game(and a ton of indies) nowadays are exactly that.
    The real problem is with publishers doing EVERYTHING in their power to make it so, even run the game into the ground.
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:44:26 28/10/2015 by Bifrost
    #543 Posted: 16:49:06 28/10/2015
    @Bifrost, yeah, I agree. Skylanders Trap Team is the best example of that in the series, as it demands you pay far more than most people can afford to get 100%, whereas I love the fifth game specifically because it doesn't demand you pay much at all to get that 100%. It's still expensive, but for a toys to life game, it's very affordable.

The best example though, of a game being littered with DLC, but the developers not running it into the ground would be Dead or Alive 5, I think. They didn't plan for it to have numerous expansions, and they didn't plan to have constant DLC. People asked for more, and it kept selling, so they add more to it as it sells. And the demo idea is just brilliant. You can buy the game, or you can get the free demo with most content, and buy small bits and pieces as you please. It's a shame that so many $60 AAA games today are what the Dead or Alive demo is... but you pay for them. You buy a full game, and then find out you only got a small chunk of the game itself.
    #544 Posted: 00:11:05 29/10/2015
    I don't like any of The Matrix movies.
    ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
    #545 Posted: 21:34:50 30/10/2015
    I don't give a damn if E-Hero Stratos gets unbanned.
    ---
    Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
    KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
    #546 Posted: 02:01:12 31/10/2015

Nostalgia is a positive feeling.

No, it slowly "blinds" you. You start hating new stuff and your favorite show that keeps going only for Nostalgia.

Nostalgia is Disgusting, the end.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:35 31/10/2015 by KeybasHedKey
    First | Previous | Page 11 of 54 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me