darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Toys For Bob Gameplay Vs. Vicarious Visions Gameplay
Page 1 of 1
Toys For Bob Gameplay Vs. Vicarious Visions Gameplay [CLOSED]
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1 Posted: 03:48:12 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator
This is a little breakdown/rant on the gameplay of different Skylanders games and comparring Swap Force to the other games. I would much appreciate your input.
When I first started playing Swap Force I knew something was up but I couldn't put my finger on it. I eventually noticed the enemies moved faster than those in previous games. I could tell this was made for jumping over enemies but it nerfed many moves. For example Bouncer's rockets will get cancelled if you jump before they land. For enemy speed Whirlwinds rainbows can't get distance because the enemys are already in your face before you can do anything. Also they nerfed individual characters like Drill Sergeant's melee is way more sensitive so it'll activate that instead of normal rocket more often which would be fine if it wasn't slower than previous games and did less damage than normal rockets. Also Chop Chop's sheild which used to block all projectile damage now takes three which completely screws over your multiplier in arenas. Also there's the big problem with damage proportioning. Spyro's horns do less damage than his fire so there's no use to using them because there harder and slower to use. And series 2 Prism Break's wow pow barely does more damage than the status quo beam and it automatically ends it making THAT useless. But that's just my two cents feel free to insert yours. smilie
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 05:22:49 23/08/2014
I actually thought movement was nerfed in Swap Force...but the other jumping cancelling attacks and general nerfs to some character stats were observed by many, so you aren't crazy.

Bottom line--expect every game to be "tweaked" on this. TfB tends to be VERY liberal on data and character capabilities, whereas I think VV makes the game more competitive. My .02.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 10:10:46 23/08/2014
"For example Bouncer's rockets will get cancelled if you jump before they land"

they had to do this or else you would have the new jump attack that are in trap team in swap force... this is just another perfect example on how they milk the games features. so they have something "new" and "game changer" in every game they release.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:11:29 23/08/2014 by CountMoneyBone
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#4 Posted: 12:42:35 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah I guess, good to know I'm not the only one who feels like this.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me