Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
3DS vs Console - does 3DS version suck? [CLOSED]
Isbiten Green Sparx Gems: 175
#1 Posted: 21:25:49 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Just curious, so I went to Metacritic.
Oh boy, the 3DS version is getting under 70 while the Console version are well above 80.

Is the 3DS version really that bad compared to Console?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#2 Posted: 22:32:42 21/08/2014
yes....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3 Posted: 23:32:39 21/08/2014
I really enjoyed the SSA 3DS version, but I couldn't get into Giants, and I barely played Swap Force on the 3DS. I've still always gotten that version though, just because of the exclusive figures. (Dark Spyro, Punch Pop Fizz, Volcanic Eruptor)

This time, however, I think I'm going to cancel my 3DS pre-order. We haven't heard anything about the 3DS Trap Team, and the only info we have on it at all is that image that appeared a couple of months ago and hasn't been seen since. Even on the web sites of major retailers, all it has is just an image of the game's cover, while all of the other versions of the game have a full breakdown of what's included.

If what's in that old image is correct though, I don't have any reason to get the 3DS version this time, since it will only contain Barkley, who I already have, and Gusto, who is also available in a single pack. If there's no 3DS exclusive figure, there's no point for me to buy this version...
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#4 Posted: 23:35:56 21/08/2014
The 3DS games are completely different games with different storylines and locales, so it's a bit hard to compare directly them to the console versions. Personally, I've had great fun with all three 3DS games so far, though I think the console games are generally (slightly, at least) better games.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:37:34 21/08/2014 by FireMeowth
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 23:56:38 21/08/2014
I do not buy the console without also buying the 3DS too .

I personally think the Swop force 3DS is almost an equal to any of the consoles . The 3DS is not as strong so technically you could say the console is better based on hardware performance .

On plus side you get 3 new skylander games for your toys . The gameplay is different , Your toys do different sometimes entertaining things . New villains to fight , new worlds to explore . It is fast paced . SSA 3DS is very difficult and challenging .

Dark Spyro toy has totally unique powers in the 3DS when compared to his normal variant .

Vathek actually puts up a bit of a fight in the 3DS Dragon peak adventure and thats a plus .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#6 Posted: 03:13:24 22/08/2014
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...35&post=5237705
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:59 22/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#7 Posted: 06:57:53 28/08/2014
I liked the first game "ssa" on 3DS, but i haven't really enjoyed the other 2. And i love all the skylander games on console, so i def like the console version more.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#8 Posted: 08:44:26 28/08/2014
okay i will update my answer now since a simple 'yes' dont do justice to the 3ds games.. i was in a hurry when i did that comment and then i forgot about it until i did read it again. so i will say this about the 3ds games...

ssa - 8 hours
this game is okay and story is good and it feel more like an old spyro game. adventure packs are good too... but what ruin it is the time limit they set on the levels. you have no time to really enjoy it since you must stress through the levels..

sa - 4 hours
this was the worst game so far, its a totally borefest, to easy and very short game. thankfully i got it cheap and with punch pop fizz...

ssf - 10 hours
this was okay it had a good story about flynn and fun villain (count money bone). now you also can have all the skylanders in the game and change them on the fly. the game had some bugs like platforms you just fall through. the adventure packs is half arsed done and totally not worth playing...

so the conclusion is if you want to play the 3ds game get ssa, ssf and only sa if its cheap and you dont have punch pop fizz....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#9 Posted: 11:48:32 28/08/2014
Tough question, I'm inclined to say it's not a fair comparison, if you want more life out of your figures, it's a wonderful way to get some added functionality, since the levels are different, and each character has an entirely different moveset, Dark Spyro both S1 AND S3 are entirely different characters from regular/legendary, not to mention you're dealing with villains not Kaos. Whilst I have nothing against Zim (I mean Kaos), it's nice having a side story.

Actually if you consider all three 3DS games and all three console games, the titles in which you can't jump are totally in the minority.

Think something more like the early Crash Bandicoot games, disregard if you've never played these.

Swap Force on the 3DS was particularly interesting because it lets you carry around your entire Skylanders collection in virtual form, so if you feel like playing with em on the go, here's your chance! I'll admit I used it as a sort of levelling ground for when I couldn't be bothered doing the last few levels of Swap Force over, and over to get em to level 20.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:49:29 28/08/2014 by Nelomet
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me