Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders 5 ideas? [CLOSED]
KoalaTart Green Sparx Gems: 449
#1 Posted: 12:43:16 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
So This Is Just A Place Where You Can Share Your Ideas. smilie
---
WARNING: TOP SECRET SKYLANDERS STUFF: WARNING
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#2 Posted: 13:03:47 20/08/2014
How 'bout this idea: we don't even know all the trap team characters and the release is about 2 months away so this is not necessary and should be closed.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 13:28:21 20/08/2014
A game with toys that come to life on a portal and you bounce around this place called "Skylands"...think it will sell well after re-heating the same formula 4 times before?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#4 Posted: 15:03:40 20/08/2014
How about they just focus on a good story and game instead of making gimmicks which are useless in the future....
---
i am trash
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#5 Posted: 15:09:18 20/08/2014
Quote: Takadox360
How about they just focus on a good story and game instead of making gimmicks which are useless in the future....

Isn't that already what they focus on?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#6 Posted: 15:23:05 20/08/2014
Quote: Bionichute

I didn't noticed it in Swap Force tbh
---
i am trash
#7 Posted: 17:55:28 20/08/2014

They focus on a toy gimmick with a rough idea of a story and interweaves people through levels to drag the basic premise out until we defeat Kaos.--rinse and repeat. Sounds like the OP was right to me. Although I would prefer good story AND good gameplay. If the gameplay involves a toy gimmick--great. But toy gimmicks only--getting old. They have to innovate INSIDE THE GAME. I've said this 2 straight years now.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#8 Posted: 17:59:59 20/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

They focus on a toy gimmick with a rough idea of a story and interweaves people through levels to drag the basic premise out until we defeat Kaos.--rinse and repeat. Sounds like the OP was right to me. Although I would prefer good story AND good gameplay. If the gameplay involves a toy gimmick--great. But toy gimmicks only--getting old. They have to innovate INSIDE THE GAME. I've said this 2 straight years now.

So, what they did with Swap Force? Swap Force had a good story, and made some great gameplay changes as well.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 18:33:31 20/08/2014
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=106160
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#10 Posted: 20:19:40 20/08/2014
Hopefully something like this

Where when you put it on the portal, the waist will spin around a few times.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#11 Posted: 20:34:43 20/08/2014
How about sticking to a game called Skylanders 4 that hasn't even come out yet, yah?
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#12 Posted: 22:32:01 20/08/2014
Just not another game, and make it stop after Trap Team.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#13 Posted: 23:47:25 20/08/2014
We don't need any Sky5 topics yet. Wait until Trap Team is actually released.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#14 Posted: 23:57:17 20/08/2014
^This is what I said.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
#15 Posted: 00:12:27 21/08/2014
Quote: Matteomax
We don't need any Sky5 topics yet. Wait until Trap Team is actually released.

Might as well. Happened last year. We're having fun ... don't take away my toys, Matteomax!

So, what they did with Swap Force? Swap Force had a good story, and made some great gameplay changes as well.

Story was considerably weaker, but the toy aspect was considerably stronger...so if you average it out, then I agree. So far it's the only game out of the last three that pushed post story mode gameplay further.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:14:33 21/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
KoalaTart Green Sparx Gems: 449
#16 Posted: 00:26:10 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
guys stop complaining that TT isn't out yet, and i made a topic for this. You don't have to comment on this and you're right that it isn't out yet, but we have other topics for it. Sky5 isn't even CONFIRMED yet, so like i said, please stop complaining smilie
- KoalaTart

P.S smilie gameplay please smilie
---
WARNING: TOP SECRET SKYLANDERS STUFF: WARNING
#17 Posted: 00:50:23 21/08/2014
Stop complaining that people are complaining and stay on topic.
---
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#18 Posted: 09:31:47 21/08/2014
If it does come out, no more figures or anything that eats away money plz
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#19 Posted: 10:45:05 21/08/2014
Quote: Skylander3112
If it does come out, no more figures or anything that eats away money plz

Well... That is one of the most important aspects of the game...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#20 Posted: 11:46:46 21/08/2014
I think for skylanders 4 it should just be a game no new figures just a game all the figures work on.
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
Omega9778 Red Sparx Gems: 42
#21 Posted: 18:50:57 22/08/2014
How about this:
-Portal is double-sided
-A skylander can become good to protect skylands on one side, while they become villainous and serve Kaos on the other side
-Story mode can change objectives based on what side you choose
#22 Posted: 19:18:23 22/08/2014
Sounds like what this game should've been. My .02: this game is probably the closest we're going to get as "playing as bad guys". I think they don't feel comfortable with kids playing with "bad" guys, complete with "bad" characters etc...or they would've explored that in TRAP TEAM.

If I were doing it though, I'd change the video filter and change overall board level characteristics ... and of course have "good" and "evil" only levels as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:19:45 22/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#23 Posted: 19:25:48 22/08/2014
Quote: Omega9778
How about this:
-Portal is double-sided
-A skylander can become good to protect skylands on one side, while they become villainous and serve Kaos on the other side

That would be amazing!
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#24 Posted: 20:28:32 22/08/2014
Quote: Omega9778
How about this:
-Portal is double-sided

I really hope that we don't have to buy a new portal, but I wouldn't mind buying a new portal with an innovation like that.
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#25 Posted: 21:02:57 22/08/2014
Just end it end it all, Skylanders has gone down ever since Giants and we know it. Parents are getting more reluctant to buy their kids more figures.
---
henlo
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#26 Posted: 21:21:14 22/08/2014
I'd love them to follow more of a RPG open world concept. I like the more traditional RPGs where some areas/levels are just too tough in the beginning until you level your team further. By having leveling up only boosting health they have kind of cheapened the whole level up concept, so I would love them to implement some skill tree or point system to allow for boosting stats as you level and thus make leveling more important.

I'd also love bosses that increase in strength as they defeat your Skylanders, that would also give more importance to higher leveled Skylanders and wouldn't give benefit to someone just slapping a ton of level 5's on the portal to spam a boss.

I really want them to get back to focusing on increasing the bond with YOUR individual Skylander by letting you tweak the stats like heroics used to or a skill tree/boost points would. But of course that contradicts their needs to sell more characters and wanting you to ditch them all and buy all the new ones in the next game.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:43 22/08/2014 by Zylek
#27 Posted: 01:04:08 23/08/2014
^ I would love any movement towards RPG "light" and some true exploration to solve some puzzles other than taking some wood and moving it 10 feet in the same level. Good points on the bonding aspect. There's a lot of small things they could do to make the combat WAYY more interesting, but I think it's being "dumbed down" for the obvious. Trust me, I said exactly those things two years running...I've given up the ghost.

Quote: Will171717
Just end it end it all, Skylanders has gone down ever since Giants and we know it. Parents are getting more reluctant to buy their kids more figures.

The quality and production of the games and figures are getting better (not talking story), but the general "rehash" of gameplay combat and the fact that little Johnny has 200 skylanders DOES IN FACT play into the "why do I need more". I suspect Acti thinks we'll roll over and a new wave of victims, err customers will take our place.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:08:26 23/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#28 Posted: 01:26:12 23/08/2014
wrote this elsewhere, but thought i'd chuck it here too, pretty much writing what i thought as i was thinking it in relate to what would be a "perfect" game for me.

Quote:
i would love for the Skylanders franchise to acknowledge that a large number of people playing are older gamers, teens/adults, and for the game to take a turn away from the linear "story chapter" set up that the first 3 games had and lean more towards an open-er world type of game.

they already have it sort of started, with the central hub town, but rather than traveling to "chapters" from there to level up and collect gold, heading out to a "fire zone" or "life zone" to complete various missions for the npc's.

slowly what i am thinking is turning into more and more of an RPG type game lol x.x

instead of the various collectables(hats/soul gems/ charms/ legendary treasure) being hidden throughout the levels, the NPC's give them to you as a quest reward.
e.g. Flynn needs some flowers to give to Cali, so asks you to go to the Life Elemental Zone and get some for him.
Flowers are dropped when you kill Chompy Pods, or are defended by Chompy Pods, or troll or cyclop gardeners, or a similar bad guy you have to kill to get them. Once you collect the flowers Flynn will give you a hat, or soul gem etc.

new NPC's are recruited or rescued from out in the various Zones, maybe there are towns or villages out in the zones, which opens up more quests from the people who live in them, with rewards being gold, exp or one of the types of collectables. and different types of quests, take a message/item from here to there, protect a person traveling from here to there etc.

maybe having main story quests and side quests, unlocking the various elemental zones as you progress through the main story quests, you need to do something in a certain area, so that area gets unlocked. e.g., you rebuild a water dude's ship, which makes the water zone accessible.

the more i am writing the more it sounds less and less like skylanders lol, so maybe it can be a spin off RPG. You can see the type of game i like playing lol but you get the general idea.

possibly you have a "party" of characters, 2,3,4 with the "leader" being the one you see when walking around out in the open world, similar to Final Fantasy X or Ni No Kuni, and the battles being turn based, at least in the open world. bonus missions could be standard platforming, like the first 3 games, with the time and score challenges applying to them.

maybe one of the villages in the tech zone has a race track, so there is the world of kart racing, which would probably be better as a completely separate spin off game.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#29 Posted: 02:29:02 23/08/2014
I think they could introduce "pieces" of what you said and still keep it a combat game. There's no way I'm helping Flynn get flowers though--if he's so AWESOME he can go get it himself.

I would be fine with NON-LINEAR gameplay where areas (like in SSA) open up, but the places are "locked down" and opened up as you play through and get tasks or quests accomplished. Skylander "warp zones" can make repeating pieces of the level unwarranted unless you need to.

Just one little tweak and a lot of RPG can fit right into what we have now. But I totally agree--linear chapters need to go go go. If nothing else, create forks in chapters based on certain things, to promote replay or variety. I'd love the OUTCOME of the story to CHANGE based on decisions made in game to solve situations and puzzles.

Everything else combat wise stays the same---in game "games" and such--sure keep them. Twist it up a bit here guys, it's long overdue.

Whadya say Activision--got the guts?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:31:38 23/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#30 Posted: 04:07:15 23/08/2014
Next game "World of Skylandcraft" smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#31 Posted: 12:46:28 24/08/2014
Quote: undeadmaster
How 'bout this idea: we don't even know all the trap team characters and the release is about 2 months away so this is not necessary and should be closed.

Bingo. Just enjoy the games as they are released. Speculation at this point is nothing more than a wild guess or wishful thinking.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#32 Posted: 12:53:01 24/08/2014
Skylanders...in....SSPPPPAAAACCCCEEEE.....

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:55:08 24/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me