Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Metallic Green Shroomboom released at ToysRUs / is being held for an event
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Metallic Green Shroomboom released at ToysRUs / is being held for an event [CLOSED]
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#51 Posted: 11:43:59 27/08/2014
This has happened before. If there isn't a release lock, then you can never be sure when a figure will be available for sale. If MS isn't a TRU exclusive then it will be everywhere.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#52 Posted: 14:17:14 27/08/2014
My TRU has always followed correct dates, but... I guess I'll keep checking in case.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#53 Posted: 16:03:00 27/08/2014
A friend of mine at TRU was told that they're supposed to hold them for an advertisement or event on the 13th. Stores selling them ahead of time aren't supposed to, but there's no lock or anything on them.

I'd be very curious if they advertise them for the 13th and then no one has them. Seems like miscommunication on TRU or Activision/whoever's fault.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#54 Posted: 16:29:04 27/08/2014
I have a feeling they will be getting more by then since there is an ad. Supposedly they had tons at the warehouse. If they see they are running low prior to the ad, they will send more out or give stores the directive to hold some back for then.
Talarus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#55 Posted: 19:38:17 27/08/2014
Any sightings in Canada yet?
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#56 Posted: 19:42:13 27/08/2014
The eBay prices are dropping to reflect increased supply as well. It's actually about an hour roundtrip (incl shopping time) for me to go to the nearest TRU (Bay Area trafficsmilie ), so paying a few extra dollars premium is worth it to avoid the hassle.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#57 Posted: 21:43:08 27/08/2014
Just got myself one from the Colorado Springs TRU, they had about 10 on the shelves.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#58 Posted: 02:41:55 29/08/2014
Found mine today. In Amherst, NY.
dbaez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1242
#59 Posted: 23:21:26 29/08/2014
Found them at TRU in San Antonio, TX. Not a big fan of Shroom Boom, but he does look cool.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#60 Posted: 03:55:09 30/08/2014
Found them in carle place, ny thou they would only sell my wife, son and I 4 of them. Ill get my one to open later on. They had a ton so i dont see it being hard. The woman in electronic s was very nice to my son too.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#61 Posted: 04:21:26 30/08/2014
I finally found them while traveling in Swansea, MA. The register did have a lock and I had to sweet talk a manager into actually selling it to me, but it all worked out after unsuccessful visits in the past week to the TRU stores in Princeton and Freehold, NJ.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#62 Posted: 15:00:42 30/08/2014
Quote: defpally
I have a feeling they will be getting more by then since there is an ad. Supposedly they had tons at the warehouse. If they see they are running low prior to the ad, they will send more out or give stores the directive to hold some back for then.

Yeah, instead of glutting the stores like with Green Gil, they are probably sending them "just in time" when stock gets low to give the air of limited supply.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#63 Posted: 21:32:06 30/08/2014
I was at TRU in AZ (3rd & Bell for those in the know) and they had a bunch of GMSB's out and when I tried to buy one the register barked about a 9/13 release date... The manager over-rode it, but then called on his radio to have all of them pulled from the pegs. :-O Sorry to anyone who might go to this store now before 9/13... Seems weird that NO ONE had bought one before I got there last night(?)

I can totally see the reasoning why these are getting put out (stock people are like, "why the heck are we receiving a Giants figure?!?!") I wonder what sort of promotion will occur on 9/13 for these?

Sigh - sorry again for the manager ruining it for everyone in that area of Phoenix. :-(

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#64 Posted: 22:02:26 30/08/2014
This stupid figure has been out there for over a year--now with a silly paint job. I hope they choke on the overstock.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Huntrz2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#65 Posted: 12:52:19 01/09/2014
Tried to pick one up from toy's r us in Charlottesville, VA. They had one on the rack but when I tried to check out it was register locked. They wouldn't budge on selling it to me before the date. It is register locked until 9/13/14.
Short Cut Green Sparx Gems: 173
#66 Posted: 13:00:10 01/09/2014
Wow! Cool!
---
Look out for any more chase variants!

smilie smilie smilie Cut to the Chase! smilie smilie smilie
Short Cut Green Sparx Gems: 173
#67 Posted: 13:03:39 01/09/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Matteomax
This means that I can finally finish my Giants collection!~ smilie

Quote: CountMoneyBone
that last giants figurine is coming a bit late..

Didn't the super late crystal variants spell it out? You'll NEVER be done with ANY collection, because they can do this type of stuff WHENEVER they feel like it.

Why now? Remember PEB? They tend to release a new old character immediately before release is what I've seen. I'm shocked it's not a Swap Force character, but whatever. I find it EXTREMELY odd that they would bother with this since we have a Series 2 around the corner.

What crystal variants? Haven't heard anything about those.
---
Look out for any more chase variants!

smilie smilie smilie Cut to the Chase! smilie smilie smilie
#68 Posted: 14:36:44 01/09/2014
Off Topic, but there was a Crystal Whirlwind and Red Camo released a good 18 mos after the release of SSA.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#69 Posted: 15:23:31 01/09/2014
Yeah Short Cut just google them, you'll find them...and the Red Camo was done/released very poorly i might add.
Also don't double post...you'll piss Dark52 off lol smilie ..use your edit tab/botton.

Oh my TRU dosen't have them yet...or there still in the back.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:25:07 01/09/2014 by Phoenix_Lord
Vice Green Sparx Gems: 151
#70 Posted: 16:05:34 01/09/2014
So here is some information I can give you all.

So TRU and and Activision are having a promotion on Sept 13. to increase awareness of the social media.

On Sept. 13th the first 10 customers to go to the RZone area of the store to show the cashier the Activision Instragram post that they make at 12 noon will receive a free Shroomboom figure. Anyone after the first 10 people will receive a Trap team poster.

The figures are street dated for September 13th. Each store is only giving 10 out for free but every store has been allotted 12-24 figured (1 or 2 cases) So some will be for sale. Along with this Swap force and Giant Starter packs will be on sale for $19.99 and the Single figures will be BOGO 70%

I hope this clears up some confusion. Also if you go to a store and they are clueless about this please tell them the refer to the stores Impact Planner. Sadly since some stores are overriding the system to sell them early or just putting them on the shelf some may miss out on this promo.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:06:21 01/09/2014 by Vice
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#71 Posted: 19:42:36 02/09/2014
Quote: Vice

So TRU and and Activision are having a promotion on Sept 13. to increase awareness of the social media.

On Sept. 13th the first 10 customers to go to the RZone area of the store to show the cashier the Activision Instragram post that they make at 12 noon will receive a free Shroomboom figure. Anyone after the first 10 people will receive a Trap team poster.

The figures are street dated for September 13th. Each store is only giving 10 out for free but every store has been allotted 12-24 figured (1 or 2 cases) So some will be for sale. Along with this Swap force and Giant Starter packs will be on sale for $19.99 and the Single figures will be BOGO 70%

I hope this clears up some confusion. Also if you go to a store and they are clueless about this please tell them the refer to the stores Impact Planner. Sadly since some stores are overriding the system to sell them early or just putting them on the shelf some may miss out on this promo.

Starter packs for $19.99??? It might be a good idea to break out the $5 off Frito Lay coupon just to get the 3DS version of Swap Force with Volcanic Eruptor for $15.
#72 Posted: 20:34:48 02/09/2014
Quote: Vice

This is seriously a no brainer for ANYONE trying to stock up on a budget or give the 3rd game a chance. Wow!
---
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#73 Posted: 10:38:33 03/09/2014
Has anyone found him in New York City?
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#74 Posted: 13:48:55 03/09/2014
Quote: myskylanders

I cant speak directly for the city but long island had them as they were pulled from some shelves and others have yet to put them out. I am going to assume NYC maybe did the same.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#75 Posted: 02:10:48 04/09/2014
I looked in the TRU at Harrisburg to see if they had him (I was bored waiting for work to start, not that I actually wanted one) and I didn't see him. They had plenty of green Gill Grunt though.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#76 Posted: 13:05:13 04/09/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
Quote: myskylanders

I cant speak directly for the city but long island had them as they were pulled from some shelves and others have yet to put them out. I am going to assume NYC maybe did the same.

I will try to check Times Square today. Paramus, NJ, which is a short ride away, had them out as of last Saturday.
ohioskylanders Green Sparx Gems: 132
#77 Posted: 15:03:17 05/09/2014
I was able to get two of them last week at our TRU here in Ft Wayne, IN. I went back in the next day to see if I could pick up a couple more for friends that asked me to and they wouldnt sell them to me. Eventough i just bought two the previous day. The guy said they were supposed to hold them until 9/13 and the person who sold me two shouldnt have. So, I got lucky even though I think its dumb. I have seen and heard of people buying them all over the country at TRU, but I gotta have the one where they follow the rules.....Lmao. Our store has 13 left he said. Will be there on the 13th to pick up a couple for trades.
BlueRat Red Sparx Gems: 12
#78 Posted: 02:55:24 06/09/2014
I went into the TRU in south Tulsa, OK today just looking for any variants that might be around while running some errands. There were 7 or 8 out on the shelves. I grabbed a couple for myself and a friend, but got shut down at the register by the lock. Fortunately, when they called the manager she overrode the lock and sold them to me a week early.

I hadn't heard about this variant before, so I created this account to share the good news. Obviously, others have found it first.
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#79 Posted: 14:40:44 06/09/2014
There is an event coming, but it hasn't been advertised yet? I checked the flyer...or is it going to be an email the day before??
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#80 Posted: 06:49:33 07/09/2014
As I posted earlier, I picked up mine on the 27th (12 on the shelf), I went back on the 30th and none were left. Don't know if they sold them all or pulled them.
I was there today and the had a few behind the register of the Electronic Dept. Did not think about seeing if they would ring up or are still locked out for the 13th promo day.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#81 Posted: 17:05:01 07/09/2014
So, I went to a Toys R Us yesterday - didn't see any Metallic ShoomBooms on the pegs, but I did see the Intellivision Flashback system. Didn't have a clue it was out, so I was super-excited and grabbed it. Checking out, it had a register block for 9/22. Cashier just called a manager over and he overrode it. We then talked about Intellivision memories and he said he was going to have to get one when he got off.

Then, when I got home, it mentioned ordering additional overlays from the website, so I went to the website where it says that the unit is street dated for October 1st.

Reading on the internet, it looks as if some Toys R Us stores broke street date as early as 8/23. I seriously have to wonder what they were even doing with them in stock so early... but, regardless... street dates mean nothing at Toys R Us. smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#82 Posted: 18:03:12 07/09/2014
Quote: UncleBob
So, I went to a Toys R Us yesterday - didn't see any Metallic ShoomBooms on the pegs, but I did see the Intellivision Flashback system. Didn't have a clue it was out, so I was super-excited and grabbed it. Checking out, it had a register block for 9/22. Cashier just called a manager over and he overrode it. We then talked about Intellivision memories and he said he was going to have to get one when he got off.

Then, when I got home, it mentioned ordering additional overlays from the website, so I went to the website where it says that the unit is street dated for October 1st.

Reading on the internet, it looks as if some Toys R Us stores broke street date as early as 8/23. I seriously have to wonder what they were even doing with them in stock so early... but, regardless... street dates mean nothing at Toys R Us. smilie

nice. congrats.

this is also news for DI fans, since 2.0 stuff is being shipped to toys r us.
#83 Posted: 05:33:31 08/09/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: UncleBob

nice. congrats.

this is also news for DI fans, since 2.0 stuff is being shipped to toys r us.

I believe that. My tru had the first game figures like a month and half before release as i saw them sitting there behind the registers.
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#84 Posted: 12:51:46 08/09/2014
Quote: Sivadreamer
There is an event coming, but it hasn't been advertised yet? I checked the flyer...or is it going to be an email the day before??

An email was sent to members of the Media from TRU:

Portal Masters eager to enhance their current Skylanders figure collection should keep a close watch of @Toysrus on Instagram, where on Saturday, September 13, Toys“R”Us will post details on how fans can receive a free limited edition figure that same day (no purchase necessary, quantities limited) – stay tuned!

Shoppers can also take advantage of the following epic Skylanders deals, valid in-store Saturday, September 13 only:

· BUY ONE GET ONE 70% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures*

· SAVE $40 ALL Skylanders SWAP Force and Skylanders Giants Starter Packs – Was $59.99; Now $19.99

Toys“R”Us also remains the only place fans can participate in the Skylanders Trap Team Legendary Treasure Pre-Order Sweepstakes. Any customer who pre-orders Trap Team** at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide or online at Toysrus.com will receive a complimentary Skylanders toy or accessory, available later this month when the game launches. Plus, once their Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack is in hand, they can enter to win additional one-of-kind prizes, including a $1,000 Toys“R”Us shopping spree, a life-sized MEGA Bloks Skylander or the ultimate Skylanders bedroom makeover. Visit Toysrus.com/LegendaryTreasure for sweepstakes details.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me