Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Anyone else leveling up their current figures before Trap Team?
Page 1 of 1
Anyone else leveling up their current figures before Trap Team? [CLOSED]
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#1 Posted: 16:21:25 19/08/2014 | Topic Creator
A few months ago I started going back and leveling up all my figures while waiting for Trap Team to be released. Got to do something with these things after all the money they've cost.

Started with making sure all 174 characters were at level 20 (great to know the level 20 cap is staying for Trap Team).

Then went back and made sure all 99 characters for Spyro's Adventure and Giants had the four "Warning: This is tough!" heroic challenges done (I had already done this for almost everyone while playing Giants).

Then went back and made sure all 37 Spyro's Adventure figures and all 33 SSA-compatible Giants figures had the five SSA-exclusive Heroic Challenges done that didn't carry over to Giants. Now I don't need to play SSA any further for any Heroic Challenges since I can do everything else in Giants.

Then went back and made sure all 62 Giants figures had gold status for Quests in Giants.

Currently I'm making sure all 75 Swap Force figures have gold status for Quests in Swap Force.

Future goals (which will take many more months to get through):

Have all 62 Giants figures have gold status for Quests in Swap Force.

Have all 37 Spyro's Adventure figures have gold status for Quests in Giants.

Have all 37 Spyro's Adventure figures have gold status for Quests in Swap Force.

Have all 62 Giants figures have all 45/50 Heroic Challenges in Giants (more than half already do, probably closer to two-thirds).

Have all 37 Spyro's Adventure figures have all 50 Heroic Challenges in Giants (only the original dead eight have this so far).
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#2 Posted: 17:28:31 19/08/2014
The PvP quest is the one that really annoys me. Only one you can't get by playing the game normally. (The Twisty Tunnels for Earth guys is annoying too, but at least that contributes to other stuff as well). Basically 10 mins/char for 174 chars ~ 30 hours :/
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#3 Posted: 17:50:04 19/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah, PvP is annoying. Not only is there up to 10 x 174 PvP for Swap Force, there are the 10 x 99 PvP for Giants too. At least Swap Force has the easy ring out trick. Giants requires actual attacking, even in ring out.

Another really annoying one is complete 25 lock puzzles in Swap Force for every Tech Skylander. Even though you can use two Tech Skylanders at a time, it is still mind-numbingly tedious.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 18:30:12 19/08/2014
I've done mine...not sure why. 300+ hours of pure torture if you ask me. Another reason not to buy a repose--so you aren't forced to go back to previous games and DO THEM AGAIN for a new figure.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 20:54:52 19/08/2014
All of that repetition is exactly why I'm glad Swap Force used Bonus Missions to replace Heroic Quests, and I'm really hoping they don't come back in Trap Team. They just got to be sooooo tedious...

I leveled up all of my SSA figures before Giants came out, but I actually did the opposite before Swap Force, and I'm planning to do the same for Trap Team. I went through and reset all of my figures that I planned to play with in Swap Force so I could start everyone equally at the same point. It made things more balanced to have everyone at level one, instead of having some characters just starting out while others are already level 15 and fully upgraded.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#6 Posted: 20:56:34 19/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
I've done mine...not sure why. 300+ hours of pure torture if you ask me. Another reason not to buy a repose--so you aren't forced to go back to previous games and DO THEM AGAIN for a new figure.

Whoa, you've done everything for the 174 figures? Even the 45/50 heroic challenges for all the 99 SSA/SG figures?

While I wouldn't go as far as call it torture, it's definitely time consuming. I usually find it pretty entertaining except for the really tedious quests. With 80 different characters to play, it doesn't get too monotonous.

Plus I'm really glad I have Giants and Swap Force on the Wii U. Using the gamepad only lets me enjoy tv while I play which is great.

As for reposes, I only play the current game they were released with and anything forward, not back. So for a character like Series 3 Stealth Elf, I'm not going to use her in SSA and SG and do all of those heroic challenges and quests from the previous games; just Swap Force and forward. The only exception were the 33 SG figures that were compatible with SSA, since the five SSA-only heroic challenges actually counted towards their max stats in SG.
---
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#7 Posted: 22:26:24 19/08/2014
I only get 1 character per element per game. And always a gimmick with each new game. So all 8 of my cores were maxed out in game one, in giants I re-maxed them out as well as giants (level, quests, money, upgrades), as well as doing the same for the giants, and then in Swap Force I did it all again, with all my cores, giants, and swappers. So all 24 of my people are 100 percent maxed to the limit and ready for trap team.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#8 Posted: 00:30:30 20/08/2014
There's no higher level cap for Trap Team. Might as well hold off leveling up now. Swap Force's levelling up is too damn tedious. Maybe Trap Team will have quicker methods, like in SSA or Giants.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#9 Posted: 00:46:06 20/08/2014
Quote: Failinhearts
There's no higher level cap for Trap Team. Might as well hold off leveling up now. Swap Force's levelling up is too damn tedious. Maybe Trap Team will have quicker methods, like in SSA or Giants.

They've already acknowledged Swap Force was a pain to level up in and already said it will be easier to level up on Trap Team. Thank god.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#10 Posted: 07:22:10 20/08/2014
Quote: nocturnalnathan
All of that repetition is exactly why I'm glad Swap Force used Bonus Missions to replace Heroic Quests, and I'm really hoping they don't come back in Trap Team. They just got to be sooooo tedious...

I just want Quests to be more rewarding than they were in SF. +75 HP was a horribly low reward for around an hour and a half doing Quests. A lot less rewarding than the Heroics were, while being arguably as tedious (possibly even more, since you need to repeat a few things that take more time each dozens of times). However, I would have been fine with them if they actually gave noticeable extra stats or a much better Health Bonus. I don't miss Heroics that much if we get something that works similarly- and rewards you for doing things with your Skylander, making it feel like they got stronger for going on quests- but it does bother me if the replacement feel non-rewarding.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#11 Posted: 11:32:13 20/08/2014
i've been doing the Giants figure quests for the 122 that can do them and the Swap Force figure quests for the 174, because i like the pretty little gold badge that they get.
i wish there was a similar badge for something similar in SSA.
and hopefully the pretty little gold badges will still be on the figures in Trap Team. at least there is only 5, currently, that need to go back to Swap Force, and 4 of those back to Giants.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#12 Posted: 14:39:41 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: min8or
i've been doing the Giants figure quests for the 122 that can do them and the Swap Force figure quests for the 174, because i like the pretty little gold badge that they get.
i wish there was a similar badge for something similar in SSA.
and hopefully the pretty little gold badges will still be on the figures in Trap Team. at least there is only 5, currently, that need to go back to Swap Force, and 4 of those back to Giants.

I like the way the gold badges appear in Giants more than Swap Force. You got two huge emblems on each side of the character's name when you put them on the portal which looks impressive.

In Swap Force, you get a small symbol tucked away under the name somewhere, and most of the time I can't tell if it's bronze or gold since the details are so small. Not to mention the low resolution picture of the badges from Giants.

I'll be disappointed if the Giants and Swap Force badges don't appear for characters that have them when you play Trap Team, but I'll still try and finish them all in their respective games.
---
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#13 Posted: 01:59:51 21/08/2014
While maybe not leveling up our entire collection, my son and I achieved Portal Master Rank 80 on swap force last weekend. This gave us access to the Great Helm, which arguably is the best hat in the series. So, in theory, we can place one of our figures on the new portal for trap team that already is wearing that hat and it should be automatically unlocked and available for other figures including new trap masters and such.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
#14 Posted: 12:27:06 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
While maybe not leveling up our entire collection, my son and I achieved Portal Master Rank 80 on swap force last weekend. This gave us access to the Great Helm, which arguably is the best hat in the series. So, in theory, we can place one of our figures on the new portal for trap team that already is wearing that hat and it should be automatically unlocked and available for other figures including new trap masters and such.

The Volcano Hat has higher armor and a +50 HP boost compared to the Great Helm. You get it by completing Swap Force on nightmare.

I don't think its guaranteed that the same stat boosts for hats carry over to future games. For example the Knight Helm was the best hat in Giants, but in Swap force they nerfed the critical boost from +15 to +7.
---
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#15 Posted: 07:00:41 28/08/2014
yeah, i just got 2 new guys in yeasterday, so i'm going to get them up to lvl 20 today smilie and all my other characters are already lvl 20, but i don'ät have as huge collection as you smilie
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#16 Posted: 11:55:17 28/08/2014
Ahahaha, yes...

I've already gone through and gotten all my up to date figures to Silver Rank, I'll admit I've still got a tub full of, well, redundant is a harsh word but it's sadly appropriate, figures who I'm keeping largely as backup, and should I go back and play through earlier games and want a more 'classic' experience.

I'm not sure I can go back and do all heroic challenges with my figures, so I think I'll skip that, my experience is to keep the focus on the new characters in their game.

I'm sorry, but I really did find Heroic Challenges incredibly tiresome and tedious, and I adore the Charm system of Swap Force.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#17 Posted: 17:04:28 28/08/2014
Went to play Giants after so many months to figure out most of my figures are still at level 13 and don't even have more than 2 heroics. Yes, all 10 of them(now all but Hex and Camo which I managed to quickly power grind). Considering I still have some achievements and many quests and dares to finish, no matter what I do I can't really be in level 20 but I'll try to get everyone ready to not die so many times in levels like they're doing now.
Not to mention I still need to get the Knightmare Hat for Drobot. He has had the normal knight helmet for a long while, and as a LightCore, he'll need the stat boost more than anyone.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me