Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Upvote/Downvote System [CLOSED]
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#1 Posted: 03:06:19 19/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I know this has been preposed before but anywho:
An Upvote/Downvote system for comments. You know when you see something funny, and you just wanna say "thanks" to the user for making you laugh?Upvote.
See something downright stupid or rude? Downvote it. We could also implement a feature that if a comment gets say, for example, a total of -10 points, than it would be sent to the moderating team for review, kind of like an automatic report function.

If you say it could be abused, than simply allow mods to remove a users ability to vote.

Also, in settings, we could have some kind of "Most Popular" comments section that users can see, to see their most liked posts, because why not have a big trophy case?

I really don't see how this could be a problem.

TLsmilieR: Allow threads and posts to be Up/Downvoted. Allow users to see which of their posts have been Up/Downvoted.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 03:10:12 19/08/2014
I don't think that's really a good idea. I mean it sounds like facebook, but only with a dislike button involved.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#3 Posted: 03:17:16 19/08/2014
Yeah not a up-vote button that says "Give this post treasure". If you get treasure then it says "*number* treasures given". It does nothing but it can go in your guestbook saying how many treasures you have.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#4 Posted: 13:00:40 19/08/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
I don't think that's really a good idea. I mean it sounds like facebook, but only with a dislike button involved.

Well, Funnyjunk actually has the suggested feature for both comments and media. I think that dark52 should at least consider the "like" part. I would know that he wouldn't like the "dislike" feature, but the "like" feature alone is a good consideration.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#5 Posted: 16:05:46 19/08/2014
No. That's not how forums work. Message boards, I can understand why you'd include it (although it is still a fundamentally broken system) but not on forums.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 16:56:48 19/08/2014
Upvote only isn't bad by itself, but it can get really abused with 'like this if you (insert action here)', and considering the age of Skylanders fans this is going to happen a LOT. Upvotes and downvotes is the worst idea you could get for a forum - this isn't reddit or youtube,and it definately shouldn't be.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#7 Posted: 18:53:32 19/08/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Upvote only isn't bad by itself, but it can get really abused with 'like this if you (insert action here)', and considering the age of Skylanders fans this is going to happen a LOT. Upvotes and downvotes is the worst idea you could get for a forum - this isn't reddit or youtube,and it definately shouldn't be.

Okay, I actually agreed with you as soon as I read, "considering the age of Skylanders fans." Yeah, people are going to overhype EVERYTHING.
#8 Posted: 18:58:47 19/08/2014
It's just a generalization though. It's really easy to find classic/LOS fans that are bigger children than most Skylanders fans. The series wars made that VERY clear, and if that's not enough, just dropping by the Fandom section has some nice examples of unecessary/annoying hype for a thing.
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#9 Posted: 22:10:18 19/08/2014
Quote: Bifrost

LIKE THIS IF YOU HAVE SERIES 1 WHAM SHELL.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#10 Posted: 22:15:37 19/08/2014
^Okay, now I definitely see what you mean, Bifrost. Who knows, maybe I'll unblock you.
#11 Posted: 22:45:41 19/08/2014
Not thar I care. I care about a bunch of kids destroying any semblance of discussion in the boards because someone got the attention with a popular-but-irrelevant subject or the fad of the week.
---
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#12 Posted: 04:09:07 24/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah the age of Skyros would cause a problem. This idea is stupid. Topic closed.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me