Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Who has the largest collection? [CLOSED]
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#1 Posted: 15:16:54 14/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I wanted to start this topic to see who here on the forum has the largest collection... As far as figures and merchandise... This is not a topic to bunt heads or start the I'm better campaign... I just wanna see how much some people have?....I will post mine soon....would also Like to know what kind of value you put on your collection? (Like if you were going to sell it all today!)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:50 14/08/2014 by DAWNOFWAR
allskate03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2915
#2 Posted: 15:58:31 14/08/2014
I think ghostroaster has the biggest collection
---
Ssa 44/61, giants 69/87, swap force 79/89, trap team 59/65 traps 56/62. Have all cores and variants just not chase,fuzzy,gid
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 15:59:21 14/08/2014
gamemaster78
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#4 Posted: 16:50:20 14/08/2014
ghostroaster has the biggest.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#5 Posted: 18:01:30 14/08/2014
Here's what I own thus far -

- 4 of every character, magic item, location item (factoring one of each being sealed). I actually more than 4 of each, when I factor in buying all triple packs, just because of the fact it has many of the same characters as single packs, but packaged differently.
- 16 of each swapper in order to have all 256 combinations. (all bought new thus having 256 swapper cards and stickers)
- 3 of every Sidekick (one set sealed)
- Sealed Nintendo Wii Gnarly Tree Rex Bundle
- 5 sealed Lightcore Hex figures (given free through various promotions)
- 4 Skylander Novels
- 3 Master Eon Guides
- 3 Element Books
- 2 Sticker Books
- 3 Strategy Guides
- 4 Bobble Head Stylus'
- 2 Carrying Case with Wham Shell (1 opened, 1 sealed)
- ALL McDonalds Happy Meal toys
- Skylanders Giants Starter Pack Store Display
- Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Figure Holder Standee
- Spyro's Adventure Wii (sealed)
- Spyro's Adventure 3DS (sealed)
- Giants Wii (sealed)
- Giants GITD Wii (sealed)
- Giants GITD 3DS (sealed)
- Giants 3DS (sealed)
- Swap Force Wii (sealed)
- Swap Force 3DS (sealed)
- Swap Force DE Wii (sealed)
- Swap Force DE Wii U (sealed)
- Battlegrounds (sealed)

Of course I buy copies of each game for each system to open as well, but didn't list those.

In all, the total number of Skylanders laying around my house sits at -

That's between my collections and my kids' collection, which will be my collection when they no longer care for Skylanders. That number will grow when Trap Team releases, which I have 7 Dark Edition Starter Packs on pre-order (360: kids, 360, X1, PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U), and the 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, PS4, X1, (and soon Tablet) versions of the regular edition on preorder, and 4 copies of the 3DS game on preorder, plus 4 of every released character, and as for the crystals, I will buy 1 of each to keep sealed, but when it comes to having a trap for every villain (so to fill up the cardboard trap holder), I am hoping each style of trap is available for each element, so I can have a unique trap per enemy. My kids will have 1 of every trap as well, but they will be mine should they ever stop caring for Skylanders.

On the bright side, at least there aren't 256 swappers to collect. That costed me more than anything Skylanders related in the past.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#6 Posted: 18:20:18 14/08/2014
Gamemaster78, I remember when you said you were going to buy 16 of each swapper to do all the combinations. I was never sure if you followed through and now I know.

What about the variants? Did you get those? Did you buy enough variant swap characters to have all the variations (i.e. Dark Blast Zone and Dark Washbuckler or Legendary Free Ranger and Legendary Night Shift)?
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#7 Posted: 18:22:00 14/08/2014
Also, where do you store all this? What does a picture of your whole collection look like??
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#8 Posted: 18:27:47 14/08/2014 | Topic Creator
What do you value your collection at?
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#9 Posted: 19:09:15 14/08/2014
In terms of raw numbers GameMaster as far as I know. But he doesn't collect variants so you may factor in value as well in which case a Red Camo for example is worth a couple hundred regular figures if you wait for a BOGO sale.

GameMaster as he said has nearly 1200 Skylanders.

Portal Master has every Skylander released, I don't know if they are all sealed, I've never seen a picture of his collection all in one shot.

I have every Skylander released still sealed and I also have an open set of every regular figure opened.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
allskate03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2915
#10 Posted: 19:13:25 14/08/2014
I have all 32 ssa + legendary, dark spyro, blue bash green gill grunt and red drill sergent, and all 4 sidekicks 43 total

For giants I have all 48 + legendary, polar whirlwind, gnarly tree Rex, punch pop fizz, scarlet ninjini, molten hotdog, metalic gill grunt, Halloween fright rider, jade flash wing, pumpkin eye brawl, granite crusher, royal double trouble, and the side kicks. 67 total

For swap force I have all 56 + legendary, both enchanted, both nitro, 5 dark, springtime trigger happy, metallic heavy duty sprocket, quick draw rattleshake, jade fire kracken, kickoff count down, volcanic lava barf eruptor, jolly bumble blast, and fritolay hot dog. 77 total

So I have 187 figures total plus the 6 levels with the magic items and both dragon cannons
---
Ssa 44/61, giants 69/87, swap force 79/89, trap team 59/65 traps 56/62. Have all cores and variants just not chase,fuzzy,gid
#11 Posted: 19:55:14 14/08/2014
Quote: GamerDrone
Gamemaster78, I remember when you said you were going to buy 16 of each swapper to do all the combinations. I was never sure if you followed through and now I know.

What about the variants? Did you get those? Did you buy enough variant swap characters to have all the variations (i.e. Dark Blast Zone and Dark Washbuckler or Legendary Free Ranger and Legendary Night Shift)?

Yeah, I was able to achieve that. I was gone for a month, due to something totally stupid happening. I went somewhere I should have never gone, and it's a crazy story, but now that I'm back, I can see about taking more pics.

If you want to see a pic of all 256, look at my collection topic. I showed it as time progressed. After I finished it, the day I got Doom Stone, I took a pic of all 256 on my kitchen floor.

As for variant swappers. I didn't buy enough to put all of them in the mix. I consider the original 256 just like the game does. 256 playable combinations. However, in buying 4 of each character, I can do all possible Legendary, Dark, and Nitro combos. So -

Nitro Freeze Blade
Nitro Freeze Charge
Nitro Magna Charge
Nitro Magna Blade
Dark Wash Buckler
Dark Wash Zone
Dark Blast Zone
Dark Blast Buckler
Legendary Free Ranger
Legendary Free Shift
Legendary Night Shift
Legendary Night Ranger

I guess I should have thrown them in that pic of the 256, but I could always take a separate pic of those. Seeing as they didn't do a second Jade, Enchanted, or Quickdraw, I don't even attempt to swap them into different combinations.

Quote: jbkaok
Also, where do you store all this? What does a picture of your whole collection look like??

Well, my old collection topic is on this board (Toys and Merchandise). It hasn't been updated in a long while. I guess I should finally update it, seeing as I have a bit of free time on my hands. Look for my collection topic, and keep an eye on it. I will update it soon.

Quote: DAWNOFWAR

Oh, my lord. I shudder to think. I have no chase variants. Only variants you can easily obtain (metallic Gill Grunt, Pumpkin Eye-Brawl, Bronze Flameslinger, GITD Sonic Boom, etc), and my collection alone for Swap Force was 4k for 256 swappers, plus 4 of every character, and 1 of every Triple Pack). I would guess 6-7k total for Swap Force alone.

Quote: IWHBYD
In terms of raw numbers GameMaster as far as I know. But he doesn't collect variants so you may factor in value as well in which case a Red Camo for example is worth a couple hundred regular figures if you wait for a BOGO sale.

Portal Master has every Skylander released, I don't know if they are all sealed, I've never seen a picture of his collection all in one shot.

I have every Skylander released still sealed and I also have an open set of every regular figure opened.

Yeah, no chase variants for me. If they were easy to find or reasonably priced, that's one thing. I gaurentee that one day, those things won't be worth as much as people paid for them. I hope those who own them didn't buy them for future monetary gain, because it COULD backfire. I hope they own them because they're Skylander fans. For the 4k I spent to buy all 256 swappers, that wouldn't even cover getting all of the chase variants... in my opinion. So, I'd rather spend 4k on 256 figures, than 4k on 20 or less figures that could be lost in a fire, tornado, earthquake, landslide, or some other disaster... that or the glue on the packaging wears off and the package breaks open. That's why I got rid of the idea of collecting chase variants. There's too much working against those collecting them to warrant collecting them, unless they were bought at store price.
---
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#12 Posted: 21:05:55 14/08/2014
Quote: GameMaster78

Yeah, I was able to achieve that. I was gone for a month, due to something totally stupid happening. I went somewhere I should have never gone, and it's a crazy story, but now that I'm back, I can see about taking more pics.

If you want to see a pic of all 256, look at my collection topic. I showed it as time progressed. After I finished it, the day I got Doom Stone, I took a pic of all 256 on my kitchen floor.

As for variant swappers. I didn't buy enough to put all of them in the mix. I consider the original 256 just like the game does. 256 playable combinations. However, in buying 4 of each character, I can do all possible Legendary, Dark, and Nitro combos. So -

Nitro Freeze Blade
Nitro Freeze Charge
Nitro Magna Charge
Nitro Magna Blade
Dark Wash Buckler
Dark Wash Zone
Dark Blast Zone
Dark Blast Buckler
Legendary Free Ranger
Legendary Free Shift
Legendary Night Shift
Legendary Night Ranger

I guess I should have thrown them in that pic of the 256, but I could always take a separate pic of those. Seeing as they didn't do a second Jade, Enchanted, or Quickdraw, I don't even attempt to swap them into different combinations.

Well, my old collection topic is on this board (Toys and Merchandise). It hasn't been updated in a long while. I guess I should finally update it, seeing as I have a bit of free time on my hands. Look for my collection topic, and keep an eye on it. I will update it soon.

Oh, my lord. I shudder to think. I have no chase variants. Only variants you can easily obtain (metallic Gill Grunt, Pumpkin Eye-Brawl, Bronze Flameslinger, GITD Sonic Boom, etc), and my collection alone for Swap Force was 4k for 256 swappers, plus 4 of every character, and 1 of every Triple Pack). I would guess 6-7k total for Swap Force alone.

Yeah, no chase variants for me. If they were easy to find or reasonably priced, that's one thing. I gaurentee that one day, those things won't be worth as much as people paid for them. I hope those who own them didn't buy them for future monetary gain, because it COULD backfire. I hope they own them because they're Skylander fans. For the 4k I spent to buy all 256 swappers, that wouldn't even cover getting all of the chase variants... in my opinion. So, I'd rather spend 4k on 256 figures, than 4k on 20 or less figures that could be lost in a fire, tornado, earthquake, landslide, or some other disaster... that or the glue on the packaging wears off and the package breaks open. That's why I got rid of the idea of collecting chase variants. There's too much working against those collecting them to warrant collecting them, unless they were bought at store price.

Because a natural disaster couldn't wipe out your 4k worth of swappers? Weird logic to say the least. There are action figures from decades ago that remain in their packages without any issues. As long as Skylander boxes are handled with care and kept in the proper environment this will not be an issue. Obviously some packages are not properly glued but if you make sure at the store that the box is secure you will not have any issues later.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 22:15:52 14/08/2014

Priceless...or valueless...take your pick.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#14 Posted: 22:56:51 14/08/2014
Yes, GameMaster takes the cake with his gigantic collection.

If you want to see a mausoleum of broken/non working defective Skylanders (mixed in with a few prototypes and oddball figures), they my collection is for you.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#15 Posted: 00:58:09 15/08/2014
Quote: GameMaster78

Nitro Freeze Blade
Nitro Freeze Charge
Nitro Magna Charge
Nitro Magna Blade
Dark Wash Buckler
Dark Wash Zone
Dark Blast Zone
Dark Blast Buckler
Legendary Free Ranger
Legendary Free Shift
Legendary Night Shift
Legendary Night Ranger

Because a natural disaster couldn't wipe out your 4k worth of swappers? Weird logic to say the least. There are action figures from decades ago that remain in their packages without any issues. As long as Skylander boxes are handled with care and kept in the proper environment this will not be an issue. Obviously some packages are not properly glued but if you make sure at the store that the box is secure you will not have any issues later.

Ah, but it could. However, my logic comes after I had a talk with numerous insurance agencies and told them about my "chase variant" Skylanders. I told them I bought them off of Ebay for 200+. They all said, "how much are they at the store?" I said, "10 to 15 dollars." They said, "that's what they would be covered for."

I finally settled on the insurance agency of my choice, and am insured (renters) for 100k. Should I lose all 1000+ video games, 1000+ movies, 200+ Blu Rays, HDTV's, game systems, computers, etc, and especially my Skylanders, I will be covered. I will at least get back what I put into my collection.

That's what made me get rid of and swear off chase variants. The fact no agency I talked to would cover them for their worth, but only store value, but also because I've come to the conclusion that the glue can wear off of the packaging, and if that happens, that would be no bueno. I planned on keeping them sealed, and if they lost that, I would have to re-glue them, which means it's bootleg... in my opinion.

They just seemed like a hassle to keep, considering all future facts, but the main kicker, was insurance agencies not covering them for how much they're worth.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#16 Posted: 01:53:25 15/08/2014
^ The crap comment from the insurer about "what can you buy them at the store at" is irrelevant to you. Obviously, you need specialized insurance to cover collectables. Sounds like you did that.

Quote: Matteomax
Yes, GameMaster takes the cake with his gigantic collection.

If you want to see a mausoleum of broken/non working defective Skylanders (mixed in with a few prototypes and oddball figures), they my collection is for you.

Protypes aside, I've only had one failure in my several hundred skylanders....all having about 5 hours of play time or more. that's a lot of playing.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:57:48 15/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me