darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > Who else actually thinks this game is awesome?
Page 1 of 1
Who else actually thinks this game is awesome? [CLOSED]
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#1 Posted: 10:09:40 10/08/2014 | Topic Creator
This is my absolute favourite spyro game of all time. Does anybody love this game as much as I do?
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 10:22:20 10/08/2014
Really? Why do you enjoy this game so much? What is there to enjoy about it? smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 11:11:43 10/08/2014
i like it and think its an awesome game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#4 Posted: 12:47:34 10/08/2014
It's my favorite of the TLoS trilogy at least. Definitely not my favorite Spyro of all time, but awesome anyway.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#5 Posted: 14:51:21 10/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I personally think the story is great, the elemental breaths and attacks are great, the characters are great, dark spyro at the end is amazing smilie but it's the furies that wow me. I'm just like *Flick wii remote and nunchuck* *Starts charging furies* *Enemies cannot attack* *KABLOOOM*
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10783
#6 Posted: 21:13:43 10/08/2014
Quote: RadSpyro
It's my favorite of the TLoS trilogy at least. Definitely not my favorite Spyro of all time, but awesome anyway.

Same here.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#7 Posted: 21:20:13 10/08/2014
It's my favorite from the LoS games, at least. :) Most consistent mood throughout, best storyline, and it has Gaul. :D This was the wonderful moment before DotD wrecked every possibility of LoS being at least decent. :D
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 23:10:57 12/08/2014
It's... mediocre in my books. Miles better than DotD, for sure. Perhaps having the Wii version made me dislike it more due to instances of forced motion controls without a Classic Controller. I do like Dark Spyro, of course. And the secondary attacks are ridiculously broken if you know how to use them, except electric spin because it's garbage. <.>;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#9 Posted: 23:33:54 12/08/2014
I've heard nothing but bad things about the Wii version of this game. XD I've got it for PS2 and it played about the same as ANB (minus the ridiculous cheating difficulty curve).
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#10 Posted: 18:22:47 23/08/2014
I think it's fun, really
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#11 Posted: 19:03:55 23/08/2014
I'd rather play DOTD or ETD than this. I think it's the worst Spyro ever. But there are parts that are good, the elements are really cool, and are a lot better than in the first game.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#12 Posted: 00:11:10 24/08/2014
I had to double-check to see if I was right in thinking that this was a topic talking about TEN...XD
(Because I'm so used to seeing people complain about this game and everything about it. e.e)

-----
I personally love this game. I love the story in it (Even if its not the most original story ever..xP ) as well.
....Only thing I don't like about it is how overly-difficult some parts can be. -.- (*Cough* The pirate arena *Cough*)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#13 Posted: 00:51:37 29/08/2014
One major flaw the game has is that it runs on NES Castlevania logic with regards to getting hit. The knockback and stun time would make a Belmont weep. <.<;
---
#14 Posted: 01:37:53 29/08/2014
True! D: I like this game, but it seriously cheats.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#15 Posted: 15:58:46 29/08/2014
I never played these originally, but am going back through the trilogy. This game is so much harder than New Beginning it is absurd. I will say that about halfway through once I mastered ice breath, it got much, much easier. Skabb 1 annoyed me a lot though. That arena is so small! Breaking the big table at the start of the fight seemed to help though.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#16 Posted: 00:25:26 30/08/2014
At the very least, Dark Spyro breaks the game. But even with him to blaze through combat, the game still pulls several jerk moves like the Arborick boss fight. <.<;
---
#17 Posted: 00:50:24 30/08/2014
With its automatic difficulty increase, Dark Spyro isn't the big game breaker he'd seem to be. It makes things a little easier, but the game will compensate for it frequently. At least, that's what the PS2 version did. It was miserable.
#18 Posted: 03:02:45 30/08/2014
Really? Cause I could stand at a far enough distance and spam Convexity Breath to win in the Wii version. Plus, if you used the breath while airborne, you would hover in place indefinitely. It made that once section in Mount Malefor (you know the one) a cakewalk. I just stood on the little platform next to the arena and killed everything, then calmly restored my MP. Lather, rinse, repeat. <.<;
---
#19 Posted: 04:22:34 30/08/2014
Oh man, yeah, the hover/distance trick works great! ...When you can use it. There were a few spots that never failed to be so cramped I died repeatedly (mostly in the pirate ships).
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#20 Posted: 21:37:32 08/09/2014
Just a month ago, I was still with the opinion that this is one of the worst games in the Spyro franchise, the worst if Skylanders is not included. However, after realizing I've improved at action games and actually somewhat like them now, I gave this game another go.

Now, I'm sad it's so short. I beat Gaul and then I was like "...and The Darkest Hour doesn't exist." As much as I like the addition of more platforming elements to DotD, it's really not a proper finale to the TLoS trilogy.

I guess the biggest change between then and now is that originally I didn't give it a fair chance. First of all, I hadn't played any action game other than ANB, so it felt really hard. And, I had been a full-on "TLoS ruined Spyro forever!!!11" person when this came out, only getting it because "I collect Spyro games." I ended up giving up the first time during the first battle with teleporting apes in the Mountain of Malefor. Yes, I was so close to finishing when I gave up. It's really sad in hindsight.

I did 100% it a few years later, but I only did so because I was going through my Spyro games and making sure I had 100%'d them. For TEN, I just used Dark Spyro and a guide, sucking all the fun out of the game.

This playthrough was inspired by Skylanders Swap Force, if you can believe it. There were some optional combat arenas that I was playing just to get stars (which unlock things) and one of the arenas reminded me of TEN. And I recognized at that point I was having fun playing these arena challenges even though I didn't enjoy TEN or the arena challenges in Skylanders Giants before. I decided to give this game another shot because of that.

So, my rules: new file, only use Dark Spyro to defeat enemies who have already been defeated. If it isn't fun, go ahead and do whatever it takes to make it fun (including using Dark Spyro, if necessary). I also ended up playing a Dragon Challenge on my completed file for every level I beat in this playthrough.

And guess what? It was fun! It partly was going in with a different mindset, but I believe it also had to do with me being better at action games than I used to be. And I also am no longer super-conservative with my breath to the point of only using it if I have to like I used to do. It wasn't even all that hard (although the use of Dark Spyro to catch myself back up might have something to do with that. Still, I only found myself using it when Death Hounds were involved, and that last battle with the yak guys and the skeleton guys where it was getting tedious throwing electric balls at them and it was basically the same strategy smilie).

I'm still unwilling to put TEN above the Classic series as far as my favorites go, but it's definitely gone up a few notches, surpassing ANB at least, and maybe tied with DotD (although I have to remember that what I find fun about DotD is not the intended way to play it), if not surpassing it slightly.

Life story aside, yes. I have become one of the people who actually think this game is awesome. smilie
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#21 Posted: 14:00:42 09/09/2014
I must say that The Eternal Night is my favourite of the The Legend of Spyro trilogy. And it is my favourite of those three for multiple (or couple, few, handful, several, whatever) reasons. And here are my reasons (I do not remember the last time when I’ve struggled with opening paragraph this badly and come up with this piece of you-know-what.).

First of all I think that overall gameplay experience is the best out of those three. Introduction of the Dragon Time gave a slightly different and helpful point to fighting opposed to ANB’s simple go-to-the-battle-smash-the-buttons approach. I use the Dragon Time all the time to trick magic bar and take out lots of enemies in an easy and convenient fashion. Also the abilities of different breaths felt a little more sophisticated than in its predecessor (even though fully upgraded ANB’s Earth Tornado is the best ability ever). Combined spamming of electric abilities featured with nice Earth Flail finisher combined with the right usage of Dragon Time is a killer combination.

I also think that this game is story wise the best out of the three. It has the most story content and its overall gloomy tone makes the game truly feel like living though the story rather than just seeing it and playing through bits of the game. The soundtrack is also the best in this part of the trilogy. It supports the story and sounds good and catchy.

Of course the TLoS trilogy is a good game trilogy. Especially ANB and TEN are good games and a lot of fun. Of course DotD is a whole different story and I won’t say anything about it right now except of course this sentence. There you are.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
nobledraco Red Sparx Gems: 45
#22 Posted: 04:05:37 06/11/2014
i really like this game cause of the adventure, the story, the art, the spyro, the pirates, ...
i love it. it had a big impact on my life as a kid. i am loyal to the purple little dragon. smilie
Donnicous Red Sparx Gems: 95
#23 Posted: 01:26:04 10/01/2015
Thanks for putting all these comments up. Really appreciate hearing about your reactions to the game, then and now. Obviously it's always really special to read about how something you helped to make come to life was a part of people's lives.

To the people that post about the problems with the game, really appreciate that you take the time to do that. Those comments in a way mean more - because they're often really clear and tangible - and give a great insight into where players didn't get the experience you were after, and what you can do in your next game to improve.

My girls, who were not born when we made this, are playing through it now, and it makes it a lot easier to see where I'd love to go back and remix.

To get back to the thread topic though, yeah... it is my favourite game in the series - and I'll even go out and say I love it more than you do!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me