Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Unpopular opinions [CLOSED]
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#101 Posted: 15:39:13 11/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I hate claiming pages
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#102 Posted: 21:40:47 12/08/2014
  • I found SAO amazing, and simply thought the 2nd arc was okay.
  • Vanilla is better than chocolate.
  • Dyed hair is moreover normal.
  • Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
    #103 Posted: 22:24:38 12/08/2014
    I find blonde hair very unappealing
    ---
    Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
    arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
    #104 Posted: 22:38:25 12/08/2014
    Quote: Wild
    The world isn't a horrible place.

i prefer the xbox one over ps4
    the word overrated is dumb
    and uhh yeah
    Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
    #105 Posted: 22:46:57 12/08/2014
    I hate any video games not for the Wii or DS/Gameboy/3DS, etc
    Avatar: The last airbender and Legend of Korra are literally the best shows in existence
    Cher, Suze Orman, and Countess Luann are top tier girls and waifus

More controversial opinions(pls dont hate, they're just opinions smilie ) :
    I don't believe that gender is a choice
    M. Night Shyamalan should kill himself.
    While I like a lot of the users here and think a lot of them are great people and friends, this site is a pretty big circlejerk.
    I think there are a lot of people here who feel entitled to be snarky and rude because they they think that because their gemcount is higher they are somehow more correct or relevant than others.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:19 12/08/2014 by Bravo101
    Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
    #106 Posted: 23:01:02 12/08/2014
    Just a thought
    I don't blood is really an element. I mean there's no section in the world where blood is the waters. So how can it be an element? I don't get it, it boggles me.
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
    icon from Empoh
    Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
    #107 Posted: 23:27:32 12/08/2014
    splash is the best pokemon move
    somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
    #108 Posted: 23:30:00 12/08/2014 | Topic Creator
    I don't think same sex marriage should be allowed... Or marriage in general considering marriage is religious.
    Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
    #109 Posted: 23:39:33 12/08/2014
    Marriage is not something for me. I don't see much value in it as it is. Why would I want to get the law involved anyways?
    Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
    #110 Posted: 23:51:43 12/08/2014
    I hate professional sports, and I think the ridiculous salaries that are given to professional athletes would be put to much better use if it were donated towards scientific/medical research.
    ---
    ♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
    No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
    #111 Posted: 23:59:03 12/08/2014
    Quote: Sesshomaru75

Quote: Trix Master 100
    Just a thought...

I don't think blood is really an element. I mean there's no section in the world where blood is in the waters. So how can it be an element?
    I don't get it, it boggles me.

I assume you're talking about Avatar? It's not its own element, it's a special kind of water-bending.
    The reason why it's related to water is because blood is mostly made of water.

Oh I wasn't referring to Avatar (I don't really watch the show. I have only seen bits of Korra). I just meant in general. But that makes sense.
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
    icon from Empoh
    Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
    #112 Posted: 00:27:14 13/08/2014
    Quote: Spyrobaro
    Gender is a choice, sex isn't. Unless you are implying something else...

No, gender isn't a choice either. You can't choose the body you're born in, and thus can't choose what biological gender you are. So if you're not female, you can still be born in a female body, for example.

What.
    CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
    #113 Posted: 00:38:27 13/08/2014
    Gender is a choice, sex isn't. Unless you are implying something else...

No, gender isn't a choice either. You can't choose the body you're born in, and thus can't choose what biological gender you are. So if you're not female, you can still be born in a female body, for example.

What.
    #114 Posted: 01:15:08 13/08/2014
    Quote: Ninpire
    What.

Quote: CommanderGame
    What.

What exactly are you confused about? I could explain to the best of my ability.

I just don't understand what you just said. People either have a penis or vagina, unless some people have bread head as genitalia and I'm not aware?
    awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
    #115 Posted: 01:18:25 13/08/2014
    What.

What.

I just don't understand what you just said. People either have a penis or vagina, unless some people have bread head as genitalia and I'm not aware?

Thanks for giving me the image of Bread Head resting on somebody's crotch.
    ---
    go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
    #116 Posted: 01:29:08 13/08/2014
    Quote: Cynderfan507

I'll try to explain it better:
    People may be born as a male or female, but they may not exactly feel like they're the gender they're supposed to be. Like, a girl could have the mind of a guy and vice versa.

Are they simply born as a mentality? Or (please don't hurt me) is it some kind of failure in the brain to process the fact that you're actually the wrong gender?
    God that looks so transphobic.
    Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
    #117 Posted: 01:32:51 13/08/2014
    I understand your confusion, so let me try to explain:

Sex and gender are technically different
    A person's sex is what they biologically were at birth (female, male, intersex)
    A person's gender is what they identify with in their mind.

The reason why there's a difference between them is because, while most people match up in mind and body, there are some people who don't match up. Like cynder507 said somebody who was born female could have the mind of a man. It's called gender dysphoria.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:45 13/08/2014 by Carmelita Fox
    xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
    #118 Posted: 01:33:54 13/08/2014
    I can't stand Guitar Hero. I just can't. I crack up at pictures making fun of it, as people think that they are amazing musicians if they are good at it. I usually tell them to try and pick up a real guitar, and then I laugh at them.
    You can basically tell from my sig that I HATE Guitar Hero.
    ---
    now its time to get funky
    #119 Posted: 01:36:38 13/08/2014
    What.

What.

You just said that if you're not female you can be female. Which makes no sense to me at all.
    #120 Posted: 01:43:33 13/08/2014
    Is gender dysphoria a disease of sorts? Or is it just a different DNA thing?
    Sorry if I sound discriminatory, I'm just trying to get educated smilie
    xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
    #121 Posted: 01:43:48 13/08/2014
    Quote: Carmelita Fox

The reason why there's a difference between them is because, while most people match up in mind and body, there are some people who don't match up. Like cynder507 said somebody who was born female could have the mind of a man. It's called gender dysphoria.

You mean Mulan?
    ---
    now its time to get funky
    #122 Posted: 01:44:54 13/08/2014

You just said that if you're not female you can be female. Which makes no sense to me at all.

Did you not even read Carm's post?

How can someone be biologically born as a male but have a female body? When the kid is growing up everyone will treat them as their sex so there really shouldn't be much to feel about being the other sex.
    awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
    #123 Posted: 01:48:54 13/08/2014
    Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

You mean Mulan?

She wasn't born with it, I believe she was made into a man.

After she got down to business of course.
    ---
    go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:10:17 13/08/2014 by awesomerockets
    Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
    #124 Posted: 01:50:36 13/08/2014
    Quote: Seiki
    Sports are stupid and the fact that athletes are as glorified as they are as celebrities and paid as much as they are is ridiculously unnecessary.

[User Posted Image]

But in all seriousness, I agree to a certain extent. Still, you must remember that like almost all other professions, it takes a heavy amount of practice, training, and dedication to become a professional athlete and that definitely commands respect. The reason why they get paid so much is because the general public loves athletes and pays a truckload to see them perform. There's nothing wrong with it.

However, like I said, I do agree to a certain extent in that athletes should not be glorified as gods among men like they are today. I find it's a bigger problem, though, with many celebrities in the entertainment industry. It takes a hell of a lot more work to become an athlete than it does to become an overnight star in modern society.
    #125 Posted: 01:53:14 13/08/2014
    mulan just pretended to be a man to get into the army so she can protect her father, through the movie she still considers herself a girl, so no.

Sorry if I sound discriminatory, I'm just trying to get educated :|

it's not a disease, but evidence suggests it does have something to do with genetics
    #126 Posted: 01:55:35 13/08/2014
    mulan just pretended to be a man to get into the army so she can protect her father, through the movie she still considers herself a girl, so no.

Sorry if I sound discriminatory, I'm just trying to get educated smilie

it's not a disease, but evidence suggests it does have something to do with genetics

I would think that it also would have something to do with hormones. Is that a factor?
    #127 Posted: 01:56:34 13/08/2014
    How can someone be biologically born as a male, but have a female body?
    When the kid is growing up everyone will treat them as their sex, so there really shouldn't be much to feel about being the other sex.

Nobody said anything about having a female body. Also, not everybody is going to treat you as the sex that you actually are.
    Plenty of men and women get treated as the opposite sex if they don't meet certain expectations of their sex.
    For example, a man who isn't masculine and is emotional might be called a girl by other men and women.

Also, I'm not sure if you're intending to sound this way, but you're coming off as sorta transphobic.

Spyrobaro said some about having a female body....

But then that would just be them being a dick to that person if they actually considered themselves the same gender as their sex

Sorry if I am. I just never understood this stuff cause no one ever really talks about it. Plus it seems like something you'd learn in a psychology class
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:03 13/08/2014 by Ninpire
    Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
    #128 Posted: 01:57:53 13/08/2014

You mean Mulan?

Mulan is still a girl, she just joined the army to protect her father and had to cross-dress because feudal China looked down on women. They're meaning more like transgender.
    ---
    Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
    Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
    #129 Posted: 01:58:54 13/08/2014
    Quote: awesomerockets

You mean Mulan?

She wasn't born with it, I believe she was made into a man.

After she got down to business of coarse.

Hence "I'll make a man out of you."

I'm sorry, I had to.
    #130 Posted: 02:00:31 13/08/2014
    Quote: Metallo
    I would think that it also would have something to do with hormones. Is that a factor?

that's right. i don't know too much behind the science of gender dysphoria though.
    #131 Posted: 02:03:42 13/08/2014
    Quote: Cynderfan507

Did you not even read Carm's post?

How can someone be biologically born as a male but have a female body? When the kid is growing up everyone will treat them as their sex so there really shouldn't be much to feel about being the other sex.

They don't feel like they're the gender they should be. They don't think like the gender they were born as.
    I'm trying to explain this the best I can but since I myself am not like this, I'm not sure I can. So, just look it up or something.

Then what the hell happens when they start to become sexually attracted to others? Are they automatically gay because of it or are they straight because they think they're the opposite sex
    #132 Posted: 02:08:46 13/08/2014
    that depends on what gender they identify as not biological sex
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:10:31 13/08/2014 by Carmelita Fox
    #133 Posted: 02:09:56 13/08/2014
    Mind if I throw in another level of complication to the mix? What do you guys think of people who believe they're born with a spirit that's not human? (Like, they believe they have the spirit of an animal or mythical creature)
    ---
    #134 Posted: 02:13:02 13/08/2014
    The very fact that people identify with the other gender shows that they themselves are perpetrators of gender categorizing. If you don't "feel like" your gender, that shows you hold a certain expectation of what a gender should feel like. There are only four facts about genders:

1. Males have penises, and are usually attracted to females.
    2. Females have vaginas, and are usually attracted to males.

Anything that your gender is "supposed" to be or reflect (besides biological aspects) is gender categorization. Which is bad.
    #135 Posted: 02:13:14 13/08/2014
    Quote: AngelicBeast
    Quote: Wolfgang
    Mind if I throw in another level of complication to the mix? What do you guys think of people who believe they're born with a spirit that's not human? (Like, they believe they have the spirit of an animal or mythical creature)

Pretty sure those are otherkin

Yeah, that's the term I was looking for.
    ---
    #136 Posted: 02:17:56 13/08/2014
    Quote: Wolfgang

Now THAT is something that's probably best kept to yourself. If you believe you have the spirit of a cow, and you start walking on all fours and chewing grass, then something is obviously wrong.
    #137 Posted: 02:19:04 13/08/2014
    Can I say something about the whole Mulan thing? Mulan joined the army as a man to protect her Father AND her family's honor. Because in China honor is about as important as a human life.
    ---
    icon from Empoh
    #138 Posted: 02:19:10 13/08/2014
    Quote: Metallo
    The very fact that people identify with the other gender shows that they themselves are perpetrators of gender categorizing. If you don't "feel like" your gender, that shows you hold a certain expectation of what a gender should feel like. There are only four facts about genders:

1. Males have penises, and are usually attracted to females.
    2. Females have vaginas, and are usually attracted to males.

Anything that your gender is "supposed" to be or reflect (besides biological aspects) is gender categorization. Which is bad.

Are you just talking about people who identify with other genders just for ****s and giggles? Or people with dysphoria too?
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:30 13/08/2014 by Carmelita Fox
    First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
    1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me