darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > What happened to the soundtrack? (PAL version)
Page 1 of 1
What happened to the soundtrack? (PAL version) [CLOSED]
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#1 Posted: 10:56:47 09/08/2014 | Topic Creator
The PAL version of the game does not contain all the soundtrack.

Evening Lake uses Sunrise Spring.
Crystal Islands uses Seashell Shore.
The Sorceress's Lair uses Spike.
The speedways are all the same.
The skateboard levels use Desert Ruins.
Dino Mines uses Molten Crater.
Haunted Tomb uses Cloud Spires.

What happened?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:25:00 09/08/2014 by InsomDog
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10775
#2 Posted: 11:40:19 09/08/2014
The ''new'' songs are only included in the Greatest Hits (NTSC)/Platinum (PAL) releases of the game. The original black label release for both regions reuses some of the soundtrack in the levels you mentioned. And I think the PSN version is based on the original version also.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#3 Posted: 11:51:01 09/08/2014
No one knows for sure, considering some of those tracks are already present on the disc. It's likely due to lack of time, since there's a few things that suggest there was a fair amount cut from the final game.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#4 Posted: 17:42:36 09/08/2014
Quote: artiste_violet
The ''new'' songs are only included in the Greatest Hits (NTSC)/Platinum (PAL) releases of the game.

I own the PAL Platinum version of the game, but I've never heard any of those songs on it.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 22:15:54 09/08/2014
It was a time issue. Insomniac and Sony had the game rushed to release in 2000, the actual Chinese Year of the Dragon. As a result, certain things weren't fully written onto the disc. Actually, the NTSC version is even worse with the music issue. Instead of using Spike's Arena for the Sorceress's Lair, it uses the Sunrise Spring music.

It boggles the mind why Sony would think to use the black label release for the PSN and not the Greatest Hits version. YOU DUN GOOF'D, SONY. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#6 Posted: 10:20:44 10/08/2014
Quote: HIR
It was a time issue. Insomniac and Sony had the game rushed to release in 2000, the actual Chinese Year of the Dragon. As a result, certain things weren't fully written onto the disc. Actually, the NTSC version is even worse with the music issue. Instead of using Spike's Arena for the Sorceress's Lair, it uses the Sunrise Spring music.

It boggles the mind why Sony would think to use the black label release for the PSN and not the Greatest Hits version. YOU DUN GOOF'D, SONY. <.<;

Sony doesn't care.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10775
#7 Posted: 21:11:22 10/08/2014
Quote: alicecarp
Quote: artiste_violet
The ''new'' songs are only included in the Greatest Hits (NTSC)/Platinum (PAL) releases of the game.

I own the PAL Platinum version of the game, but I've never heard any of those songs on it.

Oop, my bad. I just assumed that since the Greatest Hits version had the new songs, the Platinum version had them aswell. Sorry 'bout that.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#8 Posted: 21:34:26 10/08/2014
^It's okay.
I think the Platinum version should've been the same as the GH version. I don't understand why they're not.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#9 Posted: 21:47:08 11/08/2014 | Topic Creator

Spike's Arena works rather well for the Sorceress but Sunrise Spring...? I can't believe they would pick that piece of music.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#10 Posted: 23:08:10 12/08/2014
Quote: InsomDog

Spike's Arena works rather well for the Sorceress but Sunrise Spring...? I can't believe they would pick that piece of music.

I believe that's actually a programming error that was fixed right before the PAL version shipped out to retailers. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me