darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > remember when we were hall super hyped for this?
Page 1 of 1
remember when we were hall super hyped for this?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 20:52:50 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
good days...
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 21:04:37 08/08/2014
And now we are super hyped for Trap Team!
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 23:39:03 08/08/2014
I still am Super Hyped . I am a fan of Giants .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 23:53:36 08/08/2014
Not so much anymore.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:09 08/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#5 Posted: 09:15:40 09/08/2014
giant was great but there isn't a drop of hype in me for trap team....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#6 Posted: 09:24:29 09/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Don't get it then.
---
#7 Posted: 10:12:07 09/08/2014
For some reason this one shop restocked a couple of Thumbacks and one Hot Head . NO discounts but its still better then ebay . The timing was horrid , I just bought Grilla Drilla and a free Fire Kraken when i saw them .

I saved Hot Head and lets hope Thumpy can hold out for a bit . My goodness that whale is a fatty , I have no idea where to put him if I get him. Got to go buy another cookie jar I guess .

Oh yes Hot Heads LED is so plain sad . I almost thought mine was defective .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:14:03 09/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#8 Posted: 10:29:57 09/08/2014
Thumpy is awesome designed and one of my giants favorites. hes absolutely worth getting if you ask me.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#9 Posted: 16:51:17 09/08/2014

Oddly, look at Giants. 24 REPOSES and 16 new characters. Trap Team offers more, no doubt. Must be the fatigue, CMB.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#10 Posted: 18:03:34 09/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Oddly, look at Giants. 24 REPOSES and 16 new characters. Trap Team offers more, no doubt. Must be the fatigue, CMB.

in retrospect giants was quality over quantity. 16 new characters was more than enough....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#11 Posted: 20:33:56 09/08/2014
Yes Giants kinda eased us into it . The Giants also did useful and interesting things . Squash things , Pull islands to you on huge chains , Smash through walls . Lift up a pile of logs .

What does a Swopper do ? They open swop zones and you can mix and match the figures.
---
#12 Posted: 20:39:36 09/08/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Yes Giants kinda eased us into it . The Giants also did useful and interesting things . Squash things , Pull islands to you on huge chains , Smash through walls . Lift up a pile of logs .

What does a Swopper do ? They open swop zones and you can mix and match the figures.

Swappers are a heckuva better deal. Mix and match capabilities is very intellectual and strategic...and don't forget the technical achievement to do that. I admire that, actually. They could introduce more swappers every game and I would personally eat it up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:04 09/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#13 Posted: 20:56:46 09/08/2014
I remember people saying there were too little reposes and that it was pretty much an expasion pack, myself. I loved the game and I still do, but after SF came out it feels like everyone forgot the hype for this over shiny graphics.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#14 Posted: 00:27:48 10/08/2014
Quote:
Mix and match capabilities is very intellectual and strategic...

How often do you bother to do that ? Most of us leave em as they are 80 percent of our game time . I play with that option no more then a magic or artillary toy .

They should have designed a more integrated use for swoppers in the game or perhaps a much better "story" reason for the swop zones.
---
#15 Posted: 08:14:17 10/08/2014
Quote:

How often do you bother to do that ? Most of us leave em as they are 80 percent of our game time . I play with that option no more then a magic or artillary toy .

They should have designed a more integrated use for swoppers in the game or perhaps a much better "story" reason for the swop zones.

i did some swapping and mixing the first week. after that i never bothered, also the body swap looked strange, i felt this was a useless gimmick.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#16 Posted: 15:20:55 11/08/2014
I do like the mini-games for swappers in SSF. At least all the movement types do something different. In Giants it was just mash the Y button for everything. Throwing boulders to destroy monster-spawning houses was cool though.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#17 Posted: 01:05:58 14/08/2014
Quote:
Thumpy is awesome designed and one of my giants favorites. hes absolutely worth getting if you ask me.

I got Thumped today. smilie . Ooh much better LED .
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#18 Posted: 02:56:26 14/08/2014
I actually wasn't paying attention during the period of time leading up to Giants, at least, between the times that Pop Fizz, Jet Vac, and Tree Rex were revealed all the way until that I saw a Series 2 Ignitor and Slam Bam in stores that I really wanted.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#19 Posted: 09:50:54 14/08/2014
When i finally took note and became aware of the whole Skylander concept , Giants and SSA were already mixed together . I was not sure if Giants s2,s were compatible with SSA or not so i pretty much avoided them for a bit . Started getting hyped at Christmas for it .

Our first idea was to buy Portal owners pack for the console and the full starter for the DS but we checked the inventory list at our fave shoppe and for some wierd reason or another , Giants Starter for the console with exclusive glow in dark Cynder was being sold for a steal . Did not want a Jet Vac or glow in dark Cynder <yuck> but the chance to pay nothing for it was stronger .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:18:26 17/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#20 Posted: 18:40:04 16/08/2014
Yes. I still miss that, and I didn't understand why people liked it LESS than SA before; I adored the addition of Quests, the relatively dark tone, the way the lore behind the Giants was added, the new Skylanders, the main story taking more time and being more difficult in Hard mode, and various mechanic tweaks/content additions (still love how you can quickly skip most dialogue).
In retrospect, I definitely see why many people like this less than SA (much less immersive, generally worse storytelling, chapters had more focus on slower puzzles rather than combat, less chapters, chapter themes seem less varied, more stupid vehicle segments, no new Adventure Packs), though I'm still biased towards it.

still remember being really disappointed with the 3DS version too smilie still think it's average at best and nothing will ever change that opinion

Confession: I know that plenty of times, I've said SA is my favourite, and that I prefer playing SF to Giants- but I think I actually like this game the best out of them, because it makes me feel nostalgic for the time I was part of the fandom and it had more discussion. And I got into Skylanders much more during Giants. And sorely miss some of the things from Giants when I play SF.
I realise some of the big problems it had and certainly don't think it's better than the others objectively, but returning to it after replaying SA, I appreciate the things I liked almost as much as when I first played. Maybe (though maybe not) I just like it so much now because this is the first I've played it in a while, and I'm sick of SF, but that's how I feel right now.

Edit: I should add that I prefer smaller fandoms- but looking back at my experiences in the Skylanders fandom of then, I don't remember as much of the negative stuff as the positive, especially because the series practically felt new to me then and I didn't pay as much attention to the negatives- I eventually forgot most specific bad moments.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 00:06:57 17/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#21 Posted: 23:07:24 18/08/2014
Giants was the last Toys For Bob era game. Now we start the Vicarious Visions era.
#22 Posted: 00:17:06 19/08/2014
I believe TFB is making Trap Team . I think ?
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#23 Posted: 02:35:01 19/08/2014

But it isn't the Toys For Bob style game.
#24 Posted: 07:40:56 19/08/2014
Quote: somePerson

Yeah, it's more similar to Swap Force than the other two.
---
#25 Posted: 08:17:24 19/08/2014
Is that a bad thing ?
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#26 Posted: 07:00:23 20/08/2014
I don't know how it's more SF-like than SA/Giants-like, but I'd personally prefer the former (ideally, the former but with the storytelling of SA, but I doubt TT will be like that). The level design actually seems most like Giants to me, and the scenarios seem most like Giants as well, which would be TFB-like. I'm seeing more puzzles within levels like Giants and the characters/scenarios seem to be more creative than they were in SF, though I haven't seen any mention of Portal Masters like SA had; Giants was that way, and it seems to me like TT will be that way.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:09:25 20/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#27 Posted: 18:49:51 10/10/2014
Quote:

i did some swapping and mixing the first week. after that i never bothered, also the body swap looked strange, i felt this was a useless gimmick.

It actually kinda bothers me (in an OCD way) to see people use a swapper without swapping. That may be weird, but I just feel like figuring out powerful combos that work well together is the whole point of the game, so to not take advantage of it seems really timid or closed-minded somehow. Not judging anyone, don't get me wrong. And some of them actually have a pretty seamless, cohesive look when swapped; Freeze Ranger, Wash Shift (cthulhu-spawned pirate ghost anyone?), Free Zone, Trap Rouser, and Fire Shake are just a few that both look natural and play strategically well, like they were intentionally designed with the combination in mind during development.

Got off topic here, I know. I wish I had been a part of this phenomenon when it first began; surely the hype for Giants was far more worthy than Trap Team has turned out to be.
---
1Jn47
#28 Posted: 19:08:53 10/10/2014
Quote: Plordigian

It actually kinda bothers me (in an OCD way) to see people use a swapper without swapping. That may be weird, but I just feel like figuring out powerful combos that work well together is the whole point of the game, so to not take advantage of it seems really timid or closed-minded somehow. Not judging anyone, don't get me wrong. And some of them actually have a pretty seamless, cohesive look when swapped; Freeze Ranger, Wash Shift (cthulhu-spawned pirate ghost anyone?), Free Zone, Trap Rouser, and Fire Shake are just a few that both look natural and play strategically well, like they were intentionally designed with the combination in mind during development.

Got off topic here, I know. I wish I had been a part of this phenomenon when it first began; surely the hype for Giants was far more worthy than Trap Team has turned out to be.

i did take advantage of it, but my OCD didn't like the change of the top/half bodies...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#29 Posted: 19:09:57 10/10/2014
Quote: somePerson

how wrong someone can be, lol...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#30 Posted: 22:04:02 10/10/2014
I just replayed the Giants 3DS game a couple weeks ago . smilie
---
#31 Posted: 22:08:34 10/10/2014
I just replayed the Giants 3DS game a couple weeks ago . smilie

that must have been tough...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#32 Posted: 22:29:08 10/10/2014
Not really . Compared to SSA 3DS its a walk in the park . I only passed it once . Even i need a break from Swopforce .
---
#33 Posted: 00:33:46 11/10/2014

i did take advantage of it, but my OCD didn't like the change of the top/half bodies...

My OCD vs your OCD! Wait, I need time to prepare...
---
1Jn47
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#34 Posted: 00:43:23 11/10/2014

You mean CDO, right? Because when you spell it that way, the letters are in order like they're supposed to be. :P
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#35 Posted: 01:11:08 11/10/2014
Quote: Wolfgang

You mean CDO, right? Because when you spell it that way, the letters are in order like they're supposed to be. smilie

Oh no... Um, Wolfgang, you're gonna have to let me borrow your darkSpyro account so I can edit your post and put the letters in the right order.
---
1Jn47
#36 Posted: 11:32:02 11/10/2014

LOL!...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#37 Posted: 23:41:26 26/10/2014
Quote:

And I, on the other hand, have never used the original combinations. Amazing how people are different.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#38 Posted: 22:03:58 11/07/2016
Bump. Now we're all super excited for Imaginators!
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#39 Posted: 23:45:04 11/07/2016
I've technically clocked more time in Giants than any other game, mainly for the heroics. Now instead of pouring hundreds of hours, I think I did 40 or less on the last game.
#40 Posted: 10:43:36 12/07/2016
Quote:
Bump. Now we're all super excited for Imaginators!

Not me , I am starting my super chargers career . Little bro folded and grabbed the starter for his birthday .
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me