Page 1 of 1
What is your favorite level? [CLOSED]
Ruler of all Blue Sparx Gems: 756
#1 Posted: 17:22:32 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
What is your favorite level in spyro 3?
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#2 Posted: 18:28:21 07/08/2014
It's a tie between Fireworks Factory and Haunted Tomb (but... that tank challenge... yiiikes Dx)
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#3 Posted: 22:29:37 07/08/2014
Charmed Ridge because Azrael.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Skylark56 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#4 Posted: 22:53:09 07/08/2014
My favorite level in the whole of Spyro 3 (i'm playing through it again so this should be easy) is probably Enchanted Towers, the Spyro 2 reference implanted in there and those Skateboarding moves I can never perform just makes it so enjoyable.
---
Finding Something New About Spyro Everyday!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 00:17:25 08/08/2014
I realize that Fireworks Factory gets a bad rep on account of having a very tough set of Egg Challenges in the game (You're Doomed & the twin dragons), but between the music, the ninja Rhynocs, and the nifty level design and aesthetics, I just can't help but love it. Cloud Spires gets similar love from me. I enjoy it quite a lot for being a first world level. @.@
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#6 Posted: 07:29:44 08/08/2014
I like Enchanted Towers because of the free flying with Sgt Byrd, the skateboarding and the wolf minigame and I like Charmed Ridge because of the whole fairy tale theme as well as the Jack and the beanstalk minigame.
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#7 Posted: 12:54:41 08/08/2014
Fireworks Factory and Crystal Islands
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#8 Posted: 14:16:59 08/08/2014
Fireworks Factory
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#9 Posted: 20:36:32 08/08/2014
Hard one.

Icy Peak is probably my most favorite, going soley on positive emotions. I really like the Thief chasing minigame, and it's always really satisfying headbashing through the ice lake. And snowy visuals are always so calming.

I have a love/hate relationship with Enchanted Towers. When I was a kid, I was terrified of those green flying monsters that I couldn't seem to hit, but I had to go through the level to reach my then-favorite part of the game: the skatepark. Nowadays, I know how to kill those guys, and I love the Sgt. Byrd section and the Farley minigame. But I still get a sense of dread whenever I think about the level, even though I have nothing to fear anymore.

I have to mention Lost Fleet as well. Even though I don't have strong positive emotions tied to it, it really is one of the most interesting levels in the game. I really like how there's essentially three levels to it: the main area you explore when you first get there, the boat on top and the area with all the crabs you can glide to, and of course, the acid rivers. The submarine minigame, while average in and of itself, is interesting in the way you go in there and collect the gems afterward. It's almost a minigame in and of itself collecting the gems while making sure you still have invincibility. And I've always loved the skateboarding minigames, and races, so the skateboarding race is right up my alley.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#10 Posted: 22:17:07 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Mine to be fireworks factory, I like sneaking on on those big armored guyssmilie
BTDiamonds Blue Sparx Gems: 773
#11 Posted: 01:02:43 07/09/2014
It's a three way tie between Enchanted Towers, Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge for me.

Enchanted Towers gets a mention from me for many reasons. One of the biggest factors for me is there is no limited space for Sgt. Byrd to play in, rather you can go around the whole level. This in turn makes it easier to go around killing the flying green monsters. I love the throwback to the previous game in the series, that was always one of my fave challenges in Spyro 2. The skatepark challenges were the type of challenge I like: not overly easy but doable on the first try if you know what you're doing. I also like destroying the Sorceress statue smilie

With Fireworks Factory, I didn't like the minigame challenges (Ninja HQ, Chinese Dragons, You're Doomed & You're Still Doomed), which really doesn't leave a lot to like to be honest. But everything else about this level, I adore. The ninja rhynocs are some of my favorite Spyro enemies of all time (and I love the sound they make when you kill them smilie). The big armored rhynocs used to scare me as a kid because I didn't know how to kill them, but now I love sneaking up on them (makes me feel like a ninja myself smilie). And of course, the music. Everyone says it's great but I genuinely think the music to this level is the best score of any game I've ever played. Sometimes I'll even play the level just for the music smilie

Charmed Ridge is probably the one I like just a tiny bit more. Fairytales have a been just short of an obsession of mine almost as long as I've been playing Spyro games (that's 10 and a half years!), so having a level in my favorite game trilogy based off my favorite storybook theme, it was perfect for me. The cat wizards were my favorite enemies in this game alongside the ninjas (and again, I love their dying sound smilie). The Jack & the Beanstalk challenge was probably my favorite. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that I'm not a fan of the Sgt Byrd challenge. I also used to kind of be annoyed at the fact that you went all the way to rescue the princess from Prince Azrael for nothing other than to get an egg. But what the heck, I love it anyway smilie

(oh God I've rambled. Props to you if you're still reading~!
---
Stuff and things. smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#12 Posted: 09:47:08 07/09/2014
Crystal Islands - I love the whacky feel and design of it, the characters and enemies are so interesting. I enjoy how the level flows through, I love flying after the egg thief, and searching around for any secrets, I love the slide, something that you don't normally see in Spyro, which is oddly right at the end of the game, the whack a mole Bentley challenge is a little cheap though, it's pretty much hope for the best. Other than that, it's a memorable level, I really enjoy all of the fourth world levels to be honest, but this particular level comes to mind first.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#13 Posted: 11:43:27 07/09/2014
Fireworks Factory
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#14 Posted: 11:57:27 07/09/2014
Back at the day my if I had been asked this topic’s main question, my answer would have been Enchanted Towers. But now apparently it seems that I have more than one certain favourite level concerning about this game depending on one’s point of view of course. Well, I try to explain as well as possible my “reasoning”.

Enchanted Towers has always been a great level. It is actually not hard level at all but it is the level in which I usually tend to have the most positive gameplay experience. It is nice to search the towers by using either Spyro or Sgt Byrd. And of course the caveman from GtG’s Skelos Badlands level is a nice addition to the scenery of that stage of the game. Enchanted Towers also has my favourite task portal of the game which is of course the skateboard park. So to me this level has most of the replay value after one has finished the game 117 %.

But due to Enchanted Towers being such an easy level, it does not satisfy the need of challenge. So the levels that share the top spot in my list with Enchanted Towers are the most challenging levels of this game which are to me Dino Mines, Haunted Tomb, Fireworks Factory and Charmed Ridge.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Jacques Green Sparx Gems: 383
#15 Posted: 00:39:11 10/09/2014
I can't believe only 1 person really likes Icy Peak! This level is beautiful to me for some reason. Very....relaxing?

Enchanted Towers always drove me insane, I couldn't stand the Sgt. Byrd levels, to SLOW for me. Fireworks Factory is really memorable to me. The music, the design.
---
"What are you saving your money for, another sequel?"
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#16 Posted: 01:03:35 10/09/2014
Dino mines.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#17 Posted: 22:39:55 10/09/2014
I like Crystal Islands, Mushroom Speedway and Country Speedway.
JJewelz Red Sparx Gems: 10
#18 Posted: 03:14:00 14/09/2014
My fav level is SUNNY VILLA 'cause it is soooooooo peaceful smilie
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#19 Posted: 06:36:42 01/10/2014
Oh gosh I remember loving Charmed Ridge and Echanted Towers, partly because of the strong Spyro the Dragon feeling to them, but also because of the levels themselves just being really fun, with Enchanted Towers having the Sgt Byrd free flying and Charmed Ridge having a really cute in-level storyline

The Chinese Dragons challenge in Fireworks Factory was really interesting?? But the level itself is so hard and I really hated You're Doomed so much ag h. Crystal Islands was also really really fun, I love the look of it and the enemy designs and just the way it,, is? Idk.

Ooh, and Sheila's Alps, not for the game play or anything but because I love Sheila and so her homeworld is just cool by extension ahaha
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
Rebecca Red Sparx Gems: 60
#20 Posted: 00:19:10 17/10/2014
I loved Charmed Ridge when I was younger. It's really hard to decide, they're all such great levels, despite a few tedious parts in some.
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#21 Posted: 16:41:15 18/10/2014
Top Five
1. Bentley's Outpost
2. Honey Speedway
3. Super Bonus Round
4. Enchanted Towers
5. Cyrstal Islands
Close to Top Five
Charmed Ridge
Frozen Alters
Molten Crater
and Fireworks Factory
#22 Posted: 19:04:37 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Great! Although, I don't even know what mine is.*plays through all the levels in 2 minutes* I still don't know.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#23 Posted: 23:19:06 12/12/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
Dino mines.

Same! I think it's really underrated. The enemies/environment are cool, but more importantly, it's challenging without being frustrating. Both the minigames are great as well.

My next favourite would probably be... I don't know... Maybe Icy Peak. It has that awesome supercharge area and the fun skating minigame. And the trick with headbashing the pond was brilliant (although it's kinda ruined since you can glide over and headbash, lol).

Super Bonus Round is such a nostalgia-inducer... And chasing the theif and the UFOs and the final fight are all so much fun... And Yeti Racing is pretty challenging. It's up there.

I absolutely hate Yeti Boxing- I think it's the worst thing in the game- but aside from that and the lame laser parts, I adore Frozen Altars. The ice breath is a really fun gimmick and it's put to great use. Cat Hockey is really fun, the music is great, collectables are hidden well and it has the coolest NPCs ever.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:06 12/12/2014 by Arc of Archives
XSpyrashX Green Sparx Gems: 219
#24 Posted: 04:50:32 11/05/2015
The 4th level from Evening Lake, Charmed Ridge. Charmed Ridge is my FAV level in all of Spyro 3! My love for this level is hard to explain. I love the punchline of the main mission to rescue Princess Ami, I love the Cat Witch chaos mini game with Sgt. Byrd, I love the enviornment of the game and how there is just so much going on in this level with the moving castles, moving stairs and that one moment where one the wizards makes rocks to slow you down to get to Ami. These are all small things I like but there is just so much more to this level that I like and when you put it all togehter and combine it for my love of Fantasy Adventure, this level is a real treat for me. I just love it!
---
Anything Spyro taught me, the best way to escape your problems is through enjoyment
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#25 Posted: 05:11:15 20/05/2015
I guess I'm alone on this one: Desert Ruins.
The contrast between desert and swimming level, the lava caves, the Tomb Raider reference... it doesn't have my favorite music, though. That award goes to Frozen Altars.
---
You gotta believe!
etherealspyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2267
#26 Posted: 13:49:06 20/05/2015
Icy peak and Crystal Islands have to be my two, but I also love Molten Crater. Personally, I have a hard time choosing a favorite level because I love them all but those three are by far the best.
---
Furry trash tho
Blue egg theif Red Sparx Gems: 42
#27 Posted: 12:58:49 28/07/2015
Molten Crater,Firework Factory and Haunted Tomb. But i hate tanks.
---
Nanana hehehe.
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#28 Posted: 21:37:44 19/09/2015
Dino Mines is definitely a favorite. I love the mix between dinosaurs and a Western level, it's probably the most original and coolest level design and the level itself is fantastic. I think another reason I really like it is the secret area that they forgot to take out of the game, it makes you wonder what they could have done with the level had they been given more time. Oh, and they made an Agent 9 challenge that was actually fun for this level smilie
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me