First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Most Disappointing Skylanders [CLOSED]
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#51 Posted: 22:22:25 27/09/2014
I suppose Magna Charge is ok, but without his attracting upgrade you're basically helpless.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#52 Posted: 01:32:00 29/09/2014
Magna works fantastically with legs that have both great mobility and decent offense to make up for cool-down. My experiments with him have shown Blade (Ice Skater path) to be one of the best choices.
---
1Jn47
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#53 Posted: 21:09:51 29/09/2014
Turbo Jet-Vac... I expected something WAY cooler... and it seems the new Jet-V is the same...
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#54 Posted: 14:08:36 04/10/2014
SG smilie's wow pow was pretty lame
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#55 Posted: 14:44:54 04/10/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight
SG smilie's wow pow was pretty lame

Hopefully his new one is better. I intend to find out first-hand; that sculpt is rad.
---
1Jn47
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#56 Posted: 04:23:23 11/11/2014
Meh. Cynder.... I think? I don't know... I try not to despise a charcater after I bought him. smilie But I do say, Zoo Lou is really cool. (The only thing I didn't like was his pig it goes too slow but everything else... AWESOME! Plus he looks like Master Splinter when you think about it hard enough...) I seem to be liking the underrated characters a lot more lately...
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#57 Posted: 11:22:36 11/11/2014
Interesting how the answers are all so varied. I think we get let down by these things when for whatever reason they fail to " unlock" some part of us. Personally, the idea of going out in a triumphant blaze and being reborn built some high expectations for me about Sunburn. Try as I might to get into that character, I just can't seem to get there.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#58 Posted: 11:34:07 11/11/2014
I regret buying grim reaper and countdown
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#59 Posted: 17:58:44 23/11/2014
i HATE blizzard Chill! the wow pow stank and the she wasnt a good character.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#60 Posted: 19:32:38 23/11/2014
I like Fryno, but he's only good at very close range. And most enemies that he killed was via motorbike.
#61 Posted: 22:17:05 23/11/2014
Quote: skylandersspyro
i HATE blizzard Chill! the wow pow stank and the she wasnt a good character.

I really like B Chill... her wow pow is pretty cool too... nothing special, but good
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#62 Posted: 01:08:06 06/12/2014
I would say scorp. I thought he was going to be super cool, slashing his way through everyone, but nope, he's a projectile character...
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#63 Posted: 17:22:43 10/01/2015
I also think Hex is horrible, she looks stupid and plays stupid... i serously regret getting her sooo much...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#64 Posted: 17:29:07 10/01/2015
Eruptor was very disappointing...

Quote: Kevin16
I also think Hex is horrible, she looks stupid and plays stupid... i serously regret getting her sooo much...

I <333 Hex...
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#65 Posted: 17:35:38 10/01/2015
At first, Rip Tide disappointed me, but I gave him another shot and now Fishy Fencer is a guilty pleasure character. Likewise for Grim Scythe Style Grim Creeper, though I tried him again months ago. Both kinda underpowered, but I like their Knock Mechanics. Don't like their other paths though.

I was pretty disappointed with Scorp. I thought you'd have to be smarter with his crystals and their residual damage, but he just feels spammy instead (especially because his Avalanche Dash is very easy to keep using over and over). Yet to give him another shot, though.

Stink Bomb is uninteresting and underwhelming

For an example of an old Skylander that got nerfed: Prism Break. Oh god, Prism Break. He's terrible in SF.
Sheep Burner Spyro is fine, but Blitz is kinda underpowered. Shame, because it was a neat path in the older games.

For an opposite example: I recently used Zoo Lou again, and I was expecting him to be a lot worse than I remembered, but he's just as good and still my favourite SF character.
#66 Posted: 17:41:11 10/01/2015
Quote: Arc of Archives
At first, Rip Tide disappointed me, but I gave him another shot and now Fishy Fencer is a guilty pleasure character. Likewise for Grim Scythe Style Grim Creeper, though I tried him again months ago. Both kinda underpowered, but I like their Knock Mechanics. Don't like their other paths though.

I was pretty disappointed with Scorp. I thought you'd have to be smarter with his crystals and their residual damage, but he just feels spammy instead (especially because his Avalanche Dash is very easy to keep using over and over). Yet to give him another shot, though.

Stink Bomb is uninteresting and underwhelming

For an example of an old Skylander that got nerfed: Prism Break. Oh god, Prism Break. He's terrible in SF.
Sheep Burner Spyro is fine, but Blitz is kinda underpowered. Shame, because it was a neat path in the older games.

For an opposite example: I recently used Zoo Lou again, and I was expecting him to be a lot worse than I remembered, but he's just as good and still my favourite SF character.

I thought the same about Stink Bomb, but Usually swap him and make him "Stink Blade", to make him more interesting, because his bottom half "Bomb" is very underwhelming, fun at first for me, but I can't use him too long before I get bored.
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#67 Posted: 22:57:42 10/01/2015
For me... Skylanders I like but dont use much due to them being underwhelming.
Lob-star- Takes too long to charge for his best damage output, always takes hits during that time.
Zoo-Lou- Looked like a lot of fun... isn't
Warnado- I love him, in terms of his design, outstanding. Usage... slow, weak, bland, but he takes hits pretty well.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#68 Posted: 08:39:58 11/01/2015
Quote:

Hex is one of my favorites .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#69 Posted: 09:48:19 11/01/2015
Trap Team:

smilie-Pretty weak damage outputs but he's not completely awful because of how fast his attacks are and the range.
smilie-Not as powerful as I thought he'd be. His second and third attacks are bad.
smilie-His cannon is pretty weak but his other two attacks are good.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#70 Posted: 20:35:38 11/01/2015
Quote: wreckingballbob
Trap Team:

smilie-Pretty weak damage outputs but he's not completely awful because of how fast his attacks are and the range.
smilie-Not as powerful as I thought he'd be. His second and third attacks are bad.
smilie-His cannon is pretty weak but his other two attacks are good.

those 3 are awesome!

but smilie SUCKS!
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#71 Posted: 00:17:03 21/02/2015
smilie Probably my biggest disappointment. He has a lot of moves, but none of them are really that effective. Switching fish is sort of annoying. Unlike Pop-Fizz, he doesn't get a whole lot of variety in attacks when you switch the weapon back and forth. You're either slapping things with a wet noodle or poking them with a toothpick.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:50:19 16/03/2015 by Friendzie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#72 Posted: 04:11:20 16/03/2015
Quote: Friendzie
You're either slapping things with a wet noodle or poking them with a toothpick.

hmmm....

[User Posted Image]
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#73 Posted: 07:57:55 16/03/2015
I love Rip Tide . He is a fun relaxing Skylander with a sense of humour . Tossing fish and giving out fish slaps to bad guys is priceless .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#74 Posted: 15:34:28 16/03/2015
Agreed Dark fhoenix...i like him also. And Friendzie have you tossed a wet noodle at someone having it stick to there face and slowly roll down?...the look on there face is priceless. smilie LOL
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#75 Posted: 00:01:27 24/03/2015
I thought forever Eruptor was going to be my most hated Skylander but then my most hated Skylander is actually probably the most loved Skylander. I never owned him until he came out for Swap Force. But I HATE Pop Fizz!!!!
OK now for the most part I hated these two for the same reason. But Really hated Pop Fizz for tackling that Heroic Challenge that you have to save the paintings from the Trolls. For characters like Sonic Boom who people say is the hardest to play in the HC you can take her back to SA. But NOT PopFizz. His monster form seems to be the easiest method for not hitting any pots or paintings and trying to lead the trolls out but you still seem to always wind up hitting something with him.
For all the complaints that HC typically gets he was probably the only one I remember having to try over and over and over again with. For this reason I will NEVER LIKE HIM.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#76 Posted: 01:25:52 24/03/2015
Quote: Plordigian
Right? And it's so frustrating because of how awesome he looks. And Sphere of Fear is a great move! But it's the only thing he can do aside from basic attack that doesn't get him killed...

SF's game is awesome...the figures...needed some work. I'll never understand why there were THREE versions of Grim Creeper. He is not fun to play, and the tag and attack is not easy and hard to pull off. I'll cut them "some" slack but hoping for a good improvement in the next installment.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#77 Posted: 20:29:38 24/03/2015
I regret getting Drobot. Sure, he's really good, but he's just not my style of fighting. Holding down a single button to instantly kill everything is even more boring then instantly getting killed by everything.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#78 Posted: 23:16:08 17/04/2015
Jeez... Some of these hated ones are actually pretty good...

In my case, very few Skylanders have ever been a "disappointment". In fact, only four qualify. They are:

Warnado: Monstrously inefficient. He can attack somewhat safely with his shell spin, but it takes him so long to recover from using it and his twisters move slowly(they get worse once they get their own AI under Wind Master). The flight attacks under Eye of the Storm would be excellent... if only you could control where they go. He deals damage slowly and frequently gets overwhelmed by crowds.

Crusher: He's waaaay too easy to hit and while he tends to do big damage, he also tends to get hit while he's in the process of doing it too. Crusher may have high health, but he's an easy target and there's very little he can do safely...

Prism Break: I'll confess that I used to be good with him in Giants, but after that, his performance crashed. He's slow, struggles with crowds, and he can even cut off his own escape routes on the path that gives him Triple Crystal Shards if you put too many down. After trying my Lightcore Prism Break and then a Series 3 Prism Break in SWAP Force, I haven't used either one since...

Grim Creeper: This is the one Skylander in the game where I think there's nothing about him that I like. His attacks are unsafe, inefficient and most always do not help.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#79 Posted: 23:26:01 17/04/2015
Prism Break was notoriously given a really silly nerf on SF, it's ridiculous to the point it's better not to give up on him just yet. Dunno how he's faring in TT however,don't have one.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#80 Posted: 05:47:05 18/04/2015
Quote: Sworn2Skylands
Jeez... Some of these hated ones are actually pretty good...

In my case, very few Skylanders have ever been a "disappointment". In fact, only four qualify. They are:

Warnado: Monstrously inefficient. He can attack somewhat safely with his shell spin, but it takes him so long to recover from using it and his twisters move slowly(they get worse once they get their own AI under Wind Master). The flight attacks under Eye of the Storm would be excellent... if only you could control where they go. He deals damage slowly and frequently gets overwhelmed by crowds.

Crusher: He's waaaay too easy to hit and while he tends to do big damage, he also tends to get hit while he's in the process of doing it too. Crusher may have high health, but he's an easy target and there's very little he can do safely...

Prism Break: I'll confess that I used to be good with him in Giants, but after that, his performance crashed. He's slow, struggles with crowds, and he can even cut off his own escape routes on the path that gives him Triple Crystal Shards if you put too many down. After trying my Lightcore Prism Break and then a Series 3 Prism Break in SWAP Force, I haven't used either one since...

Grim Creeper: This is the one Skylander in the game where I think there's nothing about him that I like. His attacks are unsafe, inefficient and most always do not help.

This is scary. These would be among my top list.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me