Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
TRU Clearance [CLOSED]
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#1 Posted: 12:26:50 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I thought there might have been a thread about the TRU Summer Clearance, but I couldn't find it. A few about random items (such as Scarlet Ninjini). For most stores, it's probably pretty much dead, as most items are sold out, but I found a few surprises, lately. I went in, last night, and they have gotten to 90% off. I looked around to find just a few things still lying around in the "Clearance Blast" sections, but not much left. However, my store still had a few Legendary stretchy Skylanders, several clip-on plush Skylanders, and a few of the talking plush Skylanders. I've picked up a couple over the past couple of weeks as they reached 80%-85% off, but they still seemed to have a few left. The big surprise, however, was the Skylanders Spyro's Adventure tower case (I put a link to it on walmart.com at the bottom of the post). It was originally $29.99 and marked down to $19.99 with no indication that it was part of the Clearance Blast. It was just a regular white tag on the shelf and none of the colored stickers anywhere. Something told me to scan it, so I did, and it rang up for $2.00! I knew they had some Skylanders Mega Bloks that were marked down that weren't part of the Clearance Blast so I went to the Mega Bloks section. Most of them didn't ring up with the extra % off, but I did find a bunch of Legendary Trigger Happy Mega Bloks with clearance stickers on them. The sticker said "Hex's Battle Portal", and that's what it says when you ring it up. They were marked $11.99 and ringing up $1.20. I also noticed that their Mega Bloks Flynn ships were completely sold out. They were marked down a while back, but not marked as part of the Clearance Blast. They may not have been, but it seemed strange that they would suddenly sell out of them, especially when I've seen them marked down for cheaper elsewhere and not move. I doubt it's part of the Clearance Blast (especially since it's still listed on the website at $39.99 while most of the other Clearance Blast items seem to be missing). They also had some Skylanders tablet cases. They had iPad cases the other day (when they were still 85% off, and still have a bunch of the Tabeo Skylanders cases (not sure if the iPad cases were there or not, as I didn't look) at 90% off. They also still had a Giants 3DS portal owners set or 2 left (making them $5).

And for anyone interested, the other day, they had a bunch of the Disney Infinity PDP display cases as part of the Clearance Blast. They were $14.99 at 85% off (making them $2.25). They would be 90% off, now, but my store sold out of them. I know there was a thread about using them for Skylanders and most didn't think they would work that well, but at that price....If I had the money to spare, I was tempted to buy a few to put up just in case I ever did get into Disney Infinity. I don't really care about the game, right now (especially with the cost of all the figures when I can't even afford to keep up with Skylanders), but the Marvel figures intrigue me and my daughter is obsessed with the Frozen figures. If they weren't so expensive and I had the money, I would have been tempted to buy the display cases on clearance and pick up the Frozen figures (and possibly some Marvel ones in the future) just for display.

So, even if your store seems to have run out of their Clearance Blast stuff (or, at least, anything good), you might want to look around the store. It seems some things that weren't marked are ringing up (though that may be few and far between) and some of the merchandise is still sitting in their normal spot instead of being moved to the Clearance Blast sections (the Legendary Trigger Happy Mega Bloks were actually all stashed behind the others and the Skylanders plush were all just lying in a box in the Skylanders aisle where the clearance stickers on the tags were actually hard to see if you weren't paying attention). Plus, at least at my store, they seemed to add some stuff at the last minute, like the DI cases.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/POWE...versal/20563493
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:30:28 04/08/2014 by obidawsn
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#2 Posted: 13:13:54 04/08/2014
Yes... One TRU that I stopped by in AZ had the $29.98 S:G TRU exclusive "Battle Arena" for $3.00. I picked up one since it was $3... They had some of the S:G portal owners kits as well. A few Mega-bloks smaller kits but I would swear that those were not at the 90% off level (green), but they could have been and I just missed it.

The TRU drone I spoke to mentioned that all of this clearance stuff was going to be "shipped away" soon. Probably to the outlet store(s).

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 14:35:41 04/08/2014
better go to toys r usQ
Portal King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#4 Posted: 14:39:46 04/08/2014
Is this for canada too ?
---
You need superchargers gear in Toronto? I'm your guy.
Add me on the wii u (Mario200) see ya on the track!
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#5 Posted: 17:01:38 04/08/2014
Germany TRU has 50% off. Like, timed perfectly! I'm having my holidays there now.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 22:26:03 04/08/2014
One TRU I visted had Legendary Trigger Happy Megabloks..uh..thingie for $1.80, and Giants Portal Owner Packs for $7.50. I didn't catch the price on the stretchy guys but the Eruptor Plush I got was a whopping 90 cents.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#7 Posted: 01:49:36 05/08/2014
^Thats.... indeed realy cheap. smilie.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#8 Posted: 02:03:51 05/08/2014
Canada too?
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#9 Posted: 02:49:33 05/08/2014
US only iirc
---
words. letters. filler.
#10 Posted: 12:19:09 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
It seems that TRU has lowered all their clearance (no matter the color of the sticker) to 90%, at least at my store. I figured that it was the last markdown, as I've never seen a store go to 95% on anything, and that they would just ship the stuff elsewhere. I kind of had a feeling that they did that for some things, already, since there was some stuff when it started hitting 75% off that disappeared suddenly when they had a lot of it (especially the FAO Schwartz items). I know I had seen some of the Skylanders: Giants stuff as part of the markdown (including the Carry & Display case which I picked up a while back and went quickly, and the Battle Arena). That's why I thought to get a price check on the SSA Tower case, even though it wasn't labeled as part of the "Clearance Blast". I'm glad I did, though. So far, it is the only thing that I found to ring up as part of the 90% off when it was only labeled as regular clearance.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#11 Posted: 03:15:07 07/08/2014
I was told by the TRU Manager that the BLAST Clearance will end in September. All Tags (Green, Brown, Yellow, Blue) are 90% and will stay there. They are clearing shelves to get ready for Christmas.
#12 Posted: 17:47:51 07/08/2014
also saw on the website the kaotic kastle is $26.
Theliquorshop Yellow Sparx Gems: 1206
#13 Posted: 21:36:04 07/08/2014
the 3 toys r us by me all have the remaining clearance items for 95% off now. I got the battle arena for $1.50.

i spent a total of $13.19 and saved @229.40

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:59 07/08/2014 by Theliquorshop
#14 Posted: 21:37:27 07/08/2014
i was able to get the kaotic castle set for $26.84
#15 Posted: 00:21:23 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Maybe I should have waited, then smilie I've never seen a store get to 95% off. There wasn't much left in my store, but the tower case wasn't labeled as part of the clearance, so it probably would have still been there. And the Mega Bloks Legendary Triggery Happys were all hidden behind other ones. I guess I can't complain at 90% off, though. If I had the money, I would buy up some of the Skylanders plush, if just for toys for tots gifts.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#16 Posted: 03:12:56 08/08/2014
I'm just glad they're getting rid of some stuff. I think they released to much merchandise at once when all most fans want is the actual characters.
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#17 Posted: 03:32:27 08/08/2014
I bought a portal owners pack for the ps3 and ds for 2.50 each. I really didnt need either but for 5 total I figured what the heck.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#18 Posted: 04:28:14 11/08/2014
Quote: Theliquorshop
the 3 toys r us by me all have the remaining clearance items for 95% off now. I got the battle arena for $1.50.

i spent a total of $13.19 and saved @229.40

[User Posted Image]

in the holy name of jebus!
that's a lot of clams!
#19 Posted: 16:09:31 01/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm sure everyone has assumed the Clearance Blast was over, but while I was in my local TRU, the other day, I happened to see that they still had the Skylanders plush that were included still sitting in the Skylanders aisle. I decided to scan them and they came up for $0.04! I'm not sure if they were meant to pull them and the $0.04 was just some generic markdown price for discarding or what. They had 22 left, so I went ahead and picked them all up to donate at Christmas. Got all 22 of them for less than $1 after tax. I thought about leaving a few in case anyone wanted them, but they had sat there that long and there was no way anyone would know they were marked down that cheap. If you live near Lexington, KY and want one, let me know.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:15:18 01/09/2014 by obidawsn
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me