darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > LIGHTCORE !!! <The power of Blue Lightning>
Page 1 of 1
LIGHTCORE !!! <The power of Blue Lightning> [CLOSED]
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#1 Posted: 23:20:38 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Is it just me or is there are lots of People who dont care for lightcores ?

They light up like Giants . They have an ingame part that glows and of course that Flash damage thingy they do . Different and sometimes better looking poses .

This is an ingame variant skylander that has an LED and does damage when you pop him in the game. Some Skylanders will never have an S2 so a lightcore will be their only upgrade .

This is a fun , interesting unique concept and adds to gameplay value and strategy . I certainly dont think of them as a waste of money at least no more than buying a Battle pack .

The Darks , Legendary,s have the same pose , no extra powers yet they seem to be coveted more for no more reason than having a different colour ingame and out .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:18 31/07/2014 by Dark fhoenix
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#2 Posted: 00:36:01 01/08/2014
Lightcores are built for Nightmare Mode and stuff, from what I have seen people tend to not use Nightmare Mode as much, so they don't like to use Lightcores.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#3 Posted: 00:49:16 01/08/2014
i think the issue people have comes from the lack of path switching, no wow pow and the extra price.

i prefer lightcores to the repainted variants, as i collect skylanders more for the figures than the game, so a new pose is nice
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#4 Posted: 01:24:24 01/08/2014
For the lightcores in Giants that had a S2, their lightcore was basically just another S1. The flashbomb is ok if you want to hold onto that character and not use them unless in a tough situation. My problem with the lightcore is that you can't recharge and use the bomb again in the level. So if I'm working on leveling up lightcore Drobot, basically he enters the level and the bomb goes off at the start. Then I'm basically just playing with a glowing S1 that can't use the bomb again when I might want/need it.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#5 Posted: 02:00:28 01/08/2014
The Variants are exactly what their name is a "variant" of the standard figure, they're coveted because many look better than the standard version (at leats for me they do).

Now, the poor reception to LC is obviously because they are basically S1s even if the character is in a different series in that era. As I said before, Lightcores should have been their own team because really: they don't make sense currently storywise and only matter when they're released alongside a S1 Skylander.

Let's also not forget the characters chosen for Lightcores make absolutely no sense: Bumble Blast? HEX (where they even had to color in her dress for some reason)? Wham Shell? Jet-Vac? SHROOM BOOM? WARNADO? Chill?

SERIOUSLY?
SkylanderSteve Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#6 Posted: 05:08:37 01/08/2014
I am disappointed by the lack of lightcores in trap team.

I was hoping the trap master's weapons would be lightcore. The toy's weapon could glow brighter like in game around enemies.

Some lightcores are awesome; Prism Break, Starstrike, Grim Creeper......
Drobot needed LED eyes
#7 Posted: 09:30:11 01/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote:
My problem with the lightcore is that you can't recharge and use the bomb again in the level.

Well you can only use your magic items and adventure toys AOE attack once per level too . If you put them on as soon as you enter the level they too are wasted .

Quote:
they don't make sense currently storywise

That would have been nice , but double edged sword . Some Skylander stories are soo unimaginative .

Quote:
characters chosen Lightcores make absolutely no sense:

Lightcores do seem to be mostly made from the less popular skylanders and that makes sense . Lightcore so and so might just be the needed incentive to buy the unwanted one

Quote:
Drobot needed LED eyes

Absolutley you read my mind .
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:05:23 01/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#8 Posted: 16:28:20 05/08/2014
I don't care for them for 2 reasons - they are more expensive, and the lights usually aren't very impressive.

Prism Break is probably the only exception.
#9 Posted: 17:22:43 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Price you say ? It lights up , the monster has an in game glow and it blows up enemies per level . Why should it cost the same as a common core and if it did well everyone would naturally buy them first .

Lets see the Giants and Swoppers cost twice more

The starter pack costs 10 times more .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:27:24 05/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#10 Posted: 17:43:42 05/08/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Price you say ? It lights up , the monster has an in game glow and it blows up enemies per level . Why should it cost the same as a common core and if it did well everyone would naturally buy them first .

Lets see the Giants and Swoppers cost twice more

The starter pack costs 10 times more .

Giants and Swappers are not LC.

Core characters are $9.99, and LC are $12.99 (or $10.99 and $13.99, respectively, in Canada). A 30% premium for a light just doesn't seem like good value to me.

Like I said, Prism Break was the exception. I also have LC Hex and LC Eruptor, because my daughter wanted them, but generally I try to sway her away from LCs.
#11 Posted: 20:39:35 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Its not just a light . I too would not care if it was just a light . Consider the unimpressive light part as 10 % percent premium . Lets say 5 percent for the extra glow in game part and 15 percent for the BOOM . Its a fair price for a gimmick toy . Superior to an S1 core .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:31 05/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#12 Posted: 23:44:28 05/08/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Its not just a light . I too would not care if it was just a light . Consider the unimpressive light part as 10 % percent premium . Lets say 5 percent for the extra glow in game part and 15 percent for the BOOM . Its a fair price for a gimmick toy . Superior to an S1 core .

The "Boom" is not an advantage when you actually want to play as the character throughout the whole level. I get the "boom" from the magic items.
#13 Posted: 09:42:58 06/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Well boom something fast then play with your Light Warrior . Heck no one is stopping you from wasting your boom by porting in ASAP . Its just an option . Have fun and level him up . smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me