Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I'm sorry, but.. [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 01:17:34 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator

in think it's time to draw the line
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#2 Posted: 01:18:14 30/07/2014
lets all make a response video about why spyro > skylanders
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#3 Posted: 01:19:15 30/07/2014
"gasp" HOW COULD YOU!?!? "sobs" well it's your decision… smilie
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
#4 Posted: 01:20:53 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
*cough* you hear my IRL voice *cough*
#5 Posted: 01:22:37 30/07/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
*cough* you hear my IRL voice *cough*

Wait, you made this? Entering critique mode...
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#6 Posted: 01:23:58 30/07/2014
tl;dw

smilie
---
#hu
#7 Posted: 01:24:49 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rickorio
tl;dw

smilie

summary-

i'm dissapointed in skylanders
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#8 Posted: 01:25:22 30/07/2014
How dare they try to make their toys a surprise for the buyers.
#9 Posted: 01:25:58 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderfan507
And this needed a topic?

in SAN, everything needs a topic
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#10 Posted: 01:26:28 30/07/2014
Quote: Rickorio
tl;dw

smilie

summary-

i'm dissapointed in skylanders

I'll read, not watch right now.

Better summary please.
---
#hu
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#11 Posted: 02:41:20 30/07/2014
Quote: LunarDistortion
I was going to give this game a chance, I really was, but after this I'm just going to stick with Amiibo and DI2. I mean, let's look at the scoreboards of innovations.

Amiibo: Usable in any Wii U and eventually 3DS game the designers want them to work in, meaning that with one $12 figure you get DLC for 8+ different games.
Infinity: Skill Tree so that you can customize your character completely the way you want, no " You can choose this move or that move. That's all the customization you're getting besides a hat!" thing Skylanders does. Sidekicks that do something and are all different, ability to make indoor buildings with fully furnished rooms, a bunch of minigames, ginormous play sets, bigger Toy Boxes, a bunch more things to work with to make better constructions.
Trap Team: The ability to trap a boss inside of a $12 LiteBrite stick to play as said boss, which is only usable for :30 seconds. Sounds coming out of another $50 base.

This is sad, Activision is just throwing out the same game with a few new characters, one new move for 12 out of the 200 older toys, and a new "innovation" that is the same thing Skylanders has always done. It's like you're playing a demo of a few cool characters they've made, you get :30 seconds to play as them and no figure to go with it, except demos are free, and you've just bought a $70 demo with 3 toys and a portal that has a soundchip and L.E.D. bulb.

Rant over, i'm just done with Skylanders.

-------
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#12 Posted: 02:46:35 30/07/2014
Meh, I'm still getting Trap Team Day One. I'll also be getting 8 Trap Masters. Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I'm a fanboy, but I'll give the game a shot. Who knows, maybe TfB will surprise us. I will be checking out Infinity during Christmas, though. If I like it better than Skylanders, I'll be making the switch. Until then, I'll give Trap Team the benefit of the doubt.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#13 Posted: 02:53:10 30/07/2014
I'm gonna get Amiibos because they are more connected to me and can actually be personalize, Skylanders are now all the same in stats with Heroic challenges out, and Disney Infinity gameplay isn't really my cup of tea and the people in Infinity stay the same. But the figures are nice and I'll buy some. :3
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#14 Posted: 03:11:17 30/07/2014
I can't afford to continue with Skylanders or start Disney Infinity. I'll probably end up getting one or two Amiibos, but that's it. If you're gonna spend all of this money on something, it should be worth the cash. Swap Force made it painfully obvious that it wasn't worth the money. The dialogue in the game was directed at five year olds that had no idea what they were doing. The game wasted like two minutes of my time trying to explain something that could have been summed up by simply flashing an arrow on the screen. And you couldn't skip most of it. The gameplay wasn't enough to make up for that. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't worth the hundred something dollars I spent on it. I'm a huge fan of Disney and Marvel, but DI is just way to expensive for me. One or two of those Amiibos for Smash and some other Nintendo games is the only thing that I'm gonna do.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:17:55 30/07/2014 by awesomerockets
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#15 Posted: 04:57:02 30/07/2014
I've never even looked at a Skylanders figurine IRL.
#16 Posted: 04:58:14 30/07/2014
im making a response video this video angers me quite much mrm yes
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#17 Posted: 05:21:59 30/07/2014
Quote: Samius

They're rather well detailed. They have that going for them.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#18 Posted: 05:28:43 30/07/2014
Quote: CAV

Sure, I understand if someone likes collecting them. But the game?..

To be honest I think I've grown to demand a level of seriousness from videogames for me to take them seriously.
These cartoony-looking games like Skylanders, Sonic and Mario. I don't really even think of them as viable options when I'm looking for something to play.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#19 Posted: 06:28:43 30/07/2014
after stalking your channel, i saw your chicken. i now believe you got a chicken.
---
words. letters. filler.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#20 Posted: 06:46:50 30/07/2014
What most don't realize is that this game is directed at 5 year olds. As much as you want them to, they simply won't cater to their older fans becausethey don't have to. They made this game and directed it at little kids. They made things like Call of Duty for the older fans. And before you say that should have to cater to the entire fandom, sadly, they won't. The older fans are a minority among the Skylanders fandom. They cater to the little kids, and make money off of it. They are a big business they are not expected to cater to the fandom only to their wallets.
I am a 14 year old boy going into high school. I can proudly report that I will be receiving Skylanders: Trap Team for Christmas from my family. I think that the changing of tradition by not revealing everything just shows that they are being brave and doing that extra bit to make everyone's day one experience greater.

That's just my two cents. You can either ditch a perfectly good video game because they're trying something different, or you could accept the fact that they're trying to up the experience.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#21 Posted: 07:38:35 30/07/2014
Quote: Dmcrocks
What most don't realize is that this game is directed at 5 year olds. As much as you want them to, they simply won't cater to their older fans becausethey don't have to. They made this game and directed it at little kids. They made things like Call of Duty for the older fans. And before you say that should have to cater to the entire fandom, sadly, they won't. The older fans are a minority among the Skylanders fandom. They cater to the little kids, and make money off of it. They are a big business they are not expected to cater to the fandom only to their wallets.
I am a 14 year old boy going into high school. I can proudly report that I will be receiving Skylanders: Trap Team for Christmas from my family. I think that the changing of tradition by not revealing everything just shows that they are being brave and doing that extra bit to make everyone's day one experience greater.

That's just my two cents. You can either ditch a perfectly good video game because they're trying something different, or you could accept the fact that they're trying to up the experience.

I don't see how not revealing anything makes everyone happy, what about the people who want to see what the game has to offer before day one? They don't have anything to work off of when compared to Disney Infinity 2.0.

We know tons about Disney Infinity, and not much about Trap Team. I've already said this but the innovation they have shown is a new set of Giants with less function, The ability to trap bosses in a $12 Litebrite stick and play as them for :30 seconds, and making all your old purchases obsolete with nothing new to do with them. I didn't buy Swap Force and i'm not buying Trap Team. It's not worth $70, and it really wasn't ever. The games are short, collecting all the characters did nothing else but earn you an achievement, and there is absolutely no replay value. I haven't touched Spyros Adventure and Giants after beating them since nothing kept me playing, half the characters I never used because of the low replay value. I'm not buying another $70 video game for it to be collecting dust in 3 days.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#22 Posted: 08:45:56 30/07/2014
You sound way different than I thought.
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#23 Posted: 10:35:04 30/07/2014
I was thinking of not getting the next game either.
I mean some of the new characters do look adorable! But another new portal? It's stupid..
Unless in game stuff is amazing, I might not get it smilie
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#24 Posted: 10:37:07 30/07/2014
Your choice ZapNorris but I don't think anyone cares.
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#25 Posted: 10:39:51 30/07/2014
1- Everyone has thier own opinion
2- Only die-hard Disny-Haters/Skylander-Haters would care.

0.00/10 Try again.

Joke
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#26 Posted: 11:29:09 30/07/2014

in think it's time to draw the line

good to hear someone finally did speak out about this. i agree with zap here, its time to draw the line.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#27 Posted: 12:56:40 30/07/2014
At this point I can't even say skylanders is a spyro franchise anymore. He's just become a side character in his "own" series. If the concept of using and buying toys was used more effectively, like amiibo, or even when angry birds sold those optional toys, as well as Pokemon rumble U, I would be much more interested in skylanders. But considering the fact that it's basically just another cash cow for Activision to milk, because for some reason Call of Duty wasn't enough, its not worth the $70+ you have to pay in order to play it. Going on a pay-to-win basis was never a good idea. All you're going to get is backlash for having this format. Hell, skylanders and even Disney Infinity I can say are worse than anything EA Games has put out that was basically "buy our dlc, win the game".

it's sad to say Spyro is pretty much dead now, because as long as skylanders keeps making money, it will always be considered a Spyro series. And when you take a game where one of the most beloved game characters of the late 90s and 2000s is one of the side characters, and barely existent at this point, you not only dissapoint fans, but fans of the classic and TLoS series. That's like changing the protagonist of the mainstream Mario games to, I dunno, one of the enemies from Super Mario Bros 2 USA and making the games based on them from now on, but still call them mainstream Mario games even though Mario is nowhere to be found. When you stab a fanbase in the back like that, and go almost 3 years without even a single sight of a Spyro character in a "Spyro" series, it shouldn't even be considered as such anymore.

and the fact that most people are okay with this continuing is wrong. I have seen hardly anything for the new skylanders game, and from what I have seen, it looks like the exact same game but with a new stupid gimmick. We've had this problem with CoD, now this. GIVE US SOMETHING NEW. Like how about making most of the toys optional, for one thing? No one should have to pay hundreds just so they can complete the game. And maybe, I dunno, BRING SPYRO BACK? For crying out loud, its a Spyro game, or at least its SUPPOSED to be. Maybe you should make him or another Spyro character the star character of every game? Heck, bring them back into the toy line, just make him involved with his own series.

I'm so done with this bullcrap setup that games like skylanders and Disney infinity take. There's nothing that makes it good other than it basically prints money. And when you think consumers are just going to buy that because kids will buy it regardless, that's idiotic. Getting consumer trust like that is as bad as Microsoft trying to get people to buy the Xbox One with all of its problems. It shows that you think your audience I'd stupid, and will buy just about anything so long as it has that label on the series.

granted, my only flaw is that I haven't played a skylanders game before, but that doesn't mean I can't rant about how bull its setup towards marketing and consumers is, and the fact that Spyro is dead at this point.
---
Cool cool.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#28 Posted: 13:29:17 30/07/2014

To be honest I think I've grown to demand a level of seriousness from videogames for me to take them seriously.
These cartoony-looking games like Skylanders, Sonic and Mario. I don't really even think of them as viable options when I'm looking for something to play.

The games are decent at best. You aren't really missing out on anything.

Though you should probably lower your standards of seriousness a little bit.
#29 Posted: 13:31:46 30/07/2014
Info for Trap Team be like

Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#30 Posted: 14:35:21 30/07/2014
I'm honored you used my post, Zap. I know what I've written affected others. Thanks for that.
---
Give me money!
#31 Posted: 14:38:59 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Punk Bomb
I'm honored you used my post, Zap. I know what I've written affected others. Thanks for that.

you're welcome.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#32 Posted: 15:21:03 30/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14

best post of the month
---
Cool cool.
#33 Posted: 15:23:02 30/07/2014
Quote: pankakesparx456
Quote: Toynerd14

best post of the month

Thank you!
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#34 Posted: 15:25:47 30/07/2014

Sonic and Mario should be considered viable options, while the lack of seriousness can be annoying, ultimately it comes down to the gameplay. And sadly, Skylanders really doesn't have good enough gameplay to make up for the childishness (though as far as non-RPG hack and slashes go, it's certainly not bad).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Mad Jack1123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1766
#35 Posted: 15:34:16 30/07/2014
Skylanders: The idea is great, so is the art, and the animation is great but it is so easy.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#36 Posted: 15:34:35 30/07/2014

- - -
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me