Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Swap Force Rare? [CLOSED]
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#1 Posted: 23:29:28 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
So last year around the time when Giants figures were all out (except pre order lightcore hex)...We all had an idea of what was rare as far as retail figures. Series 2 Bash. Granite Crusher and lightcore Pop Fizz, with that said what figures are rare...or not seeing in your area? For swap force ...only thing I can't find is Nitro Magna Charge...but is cheap to get off eBay....so what are your options on topic?...To me the only true rare for swap force was flocked spring time trigger happy....Has skylanders over stocked the shelf's with swap force and soon trap team?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 23:38:33 29/07/2014
For Swap Force it really seems like they made sure to get a lot of figures out to stores, and if stores already had them in, they put them in the back and are/were putting them out throughout the entire year. We didn't have a post-Christmas drought this year, and I've noticed that most all of the figures are pretty readily available with a bit of checking.

In terms of individual characters, I haven't seen Magna Charge in a while. He's my last regular one I still need. LC Star Strike I didn't see either but TRU seems to have gotten some of her in.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Judaschrist0240 Blue Sparx Gems: 668
#3 Posted: 00:01:28 30/07/2014
I rarely see magna charge, rattle shake, fire bone hot dog, twin blade chop chop, & scratch.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#4 Posted: 02:37:08 30/07/2014
The rare one is Red Magna charge followed by Rattle Shake.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#5 Posted: 03:06:25 30/07/2014
I'd go with S2 Hot Dog. I saw plenty of Magna on the shelves all through the various waves of this game, but Hot Dog was so hard to find he never actually made it onto a peg in any store here.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#6 Posted: 12:01:19 30/07/2014
The last wave with hot dog seems to be the one ppl are looking for. TRU even yesterday asked my son and I if we were looking for hotdog(while looking at the skylanders) as it seems ppl have been calling for him. Other then that i'd say the singles of wave 1 (spyro, eruptor) seem to be rarer but can be found on ebay and some places. The easter ones are gone in my area thou I found a store in PA yesterday that had all of them, (like they didn't put them out in time etc.)

Also Singles of rattle shake, nitro magna/regular magna and free ranger I havent seen in months. I did see a broken packaged/walamrt restable/taped rattle shake in levittown pa a month ago but that i don't count.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:03:10 30/07/2014 by SlayerX11
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#7 Posted: 14:24:23 30/07/2014
Yeah, Wave 1 singles seem to be the harder to find ones. I was actually looking for a cheap single S3 Chill to replace ours that had here ear wing come off (and we cannot find it), but it really isn't around. Plenty of triples, but if I'm not willing to pay full price for a single, I'm definitely not getting a triple. smilie

Magna Charge and Rattle Shake (regular) are pretty uncommon. Hoot Loop and Free Ranger (regulars) are a bit more common. Fire Kraken has always been a bit less common due to his popularity.
#8 Posted: 15:54:17 30/07/2014
Quote: defpally
Yeah, Wave 1 singles seem to be the harder to find ones. I was actually looking for a cheap single S3 Chill to replace ours that had here ear wing come off (and we cannot find it), but it really isn't around. Plenty of triples, but if I'm not willing to pay full price for a single, I'm definitely not getting a triple. smilie

Magna Charge and Rattle Shake (regular) are pretty uncommon. Hoot Loop and Free Ranger (regulars) are a bit more common. Fire Kraken has always been a bit less common due to his popularity.

Maybe during xmas they will have the triples for $10 sale again, you could replace her then and basically get spyro and zou for free.
#9 Posted: 16:06:06 30/07/2014
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. For $10 I could split the cost with a neighbor who could use those.
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#10 Posted: 18:06:48 30/07/2014
Anything Wave 3(?) Prism Break, Whirlwind and Jet Vac. Rarely see them. Prism Break being the most elusive.
#11 Posted: 21:14:47 30/07/2014
Yeah Prism Break is uncommon, as is Whirlwind. Jet Vac is Wave 4, as is Hot Dog (which is even more uncommon) and Scratch (also uncommon). However, Dune Bug and Smolderdash are Wave 3 and fairly common, as is Cynder.

The thing is, Cynder was two per case in Wave 3, but Prism Break and Whirlwind were one per case - which explains some of it. Wave 4, in general didn't ship in large quantities after the initial shipment because cases of the Easter packages were going out at the same time.

They (kind of) learned this year, and didn't send out waves of just reposes and previously released figures (Wave 3 & 5 cores last year, Wave 1 lightcores) or cases with too many reposes. It's like they knew reposes would be a tougher sell this time. But, they threw all that logic to the wind when designing triples with a two old one new format.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 21:33:33 30/07/2014
I would say that Fire Kraken and Grilla Drilla are the most uncommon Swappers so far, but the Double Pack containing them is way too common.

Lately, I've noticed how few Roller Brawls I've seen lately.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#13 Posted: 22:45:09 30/07/2014
Quote: Matteomax
I would say that Fire Kraken and Grilla Drilla are the most uncommon Swappers so far, but the Double Pack containing them is way too common.

Lately, I've noticed how few Roller Brawls I've seen lately.

I saw a roller brawl today mussing a back which reminded me I havent seen one in awhile. I also need to call Acti cause the one I bought at release never worked on the portal but I keep forgetting to have it replaced as I work 80hrs a week as of late.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#14 Posted: 02:42:24 31/07/2014
Roller Brawl is $8.76 and Hyper Beam Prism Break is $9.99 at Amazon (not 3rd party sellers)...just a friendly FYI. Blizzard Chill is also available for close to list price from 3rd party sellers & fulfilled by Amazon.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#15 Posted: 04:45:51 31/07/2014
I think the toughest to score for me was the Walmart exclusive Magic 3 pack. Only saw it for one week. Never again. Other than that, everything was available at some time or another.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
Alexanddan Blue Sparx Gems: 615
#16 Posted: 05:07:18 31/07/2014
In Australia, every JB Hifi (an electronics/computer retailer) is sitting on full shelves of magic triple packs. They've been A$10 for months.

Different regions have dramatically different stock levels (and tastes probably!)
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#17 Posted: 05:14:46 31/07/2014
My Walmart has about 5 of the Magic 3 pack. They have had a good stock of them for a few months now. Obviously it does not sell very well here since most of us got the 3 before the Magic 3 pack was out.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me