Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > When Do You Think That Spyro Will Finally Get His Own Game Again?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
When Do You Think That Spyro Will Finally Get His Own Game Again? [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 10:19:54 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I know it won't be 2015, but maybe 2020?

I don't know guys, I'm just sad waiting for a new one.
[User Posted Image]
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 10:23:13 29/07/2014
idk, when are you gonna stop asking this question 24/7?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#3 Posted: 17:17:58 29/07/2014
Never. Deal with it.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#4 Posted: 17:41:45 29/07/2014
After Sony buys back Crash, all the 90s kids make it into the games industry and bring back 3D Platformers, and Activision decides to cash in on the new trend. And even then, it's unlikely. They might not even use Spyro for that. I read somewhere that they are sitting on the rights to Croc (another 90s platformer) as well. (Not sure if that's true, though)

In other words? Not for a few more years, if ever.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#5 Posted: 18:41:07 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#6 Posted: 20:18:50 29/07/2014
Until there is an actual announcement from a developer who is working on the game...never.
#7 Posted: 16:36:52 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Okay, maybe 2030.

****, that's a long wait. I mean, remember the time gap between the last episode in the original Looney Tunes series and the first episode of The Looney Tunes show? I still think it's possible.

Why am I thinking about Disney getting the rights to the dragon by 2030?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:39 30/07/2014 by LocoGuy107
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#8 Posted: 16:42:25 30/07/2014
Oh God if Spyro was owned by Disney.. that would be catastrophic.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#9 Posted: 16:43:57 30/07/2014
Who knows?
Hopefully he will though, someday...
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#10 Posted: 16:47:19 30/07/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar

Two words.

Princess Cynder.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#11 Posted: 16:48:26 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator

Remember Split/Second?

Quote: RadSpyro
Two words.

Princess Cynder.

I'd like the idea of Princess Flashwing more. Anyway, did you guys know that Disney actually owns Marvel? I believe that Disney can give failed franchises a second chance, because Marvel used to be on the brink of irrelevance.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:51:07 30/07/2014 by LocoGuy107
#12 Posted: 17:08:11 30/07/2014
Quote: RadSpyro

Two words.

Princess Cynder.

New game storyline: Princess Cynder and Prince Spyro fly to their magical kingdom after a moonlight boat ride to find it has been overrun by dwarf dinosaurs. Queen Zoe of the Fairyland skips in just as Princess Cynder has been taken hostage by the evil mastermind Ripto. Zoe alerts her husband Sparx the Great, who swoops in with his dashing wings that get the ladies swooning, and defeats the dinos with one swish of his majestic sword. Everyone gets married and has 8 kids.

/disney
---
oh my god
#13 Posted: 18:11:26 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Everyone gets married and has 8 kids.

Disney logic. smilie
#14 Posted: 21:19:09 30/07/2014
Disney resurrected Star Wars, Marvel, owns things you didn't even know about (like the Discovery channels, ABC, and the History Channel), and a ton of stuff I can't remember (it's been a decade since I worked for them). As a company, they do more than you realize and most of it y'all actually love (but you'd say otherwise if you knew it was them, I'm sure). Heck, they're why The Avengers was such an awesome movie!

In this bizarre universe where Disney owns Spyro, they probably wouldn't do much with the license in terms of gaming, but we'd probably get the cartoon/movie we always wanted. Not that Disney is ever going to own Spyro; they're in direct competition with ActiVision and the only company that has barely hinted at an interest in the franchise as of now is Sony (and that wasn't a hint so much as a desperate bit of inferrence by Crash fans).
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#15 Posted: 00:56:30 31/07/2014
I don't see there being another game ever. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#16 Posted: 12:05:44 31/07/2014
There probably won't be a new one ever. I mean if Toys For Bob didn't put Spyro in Skylanders he'd probably be nowhere right now. He is a good character in Skylanders but he's no Wrecking Ball so it'd be fine without him in Skylanders.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#17 Posted: 04:08:06 09/08/2014
well if he wasn't in skylanders they probably would have continued TLOS

so he was done for ether way, and at least this way (being put in skylanders) he has a better personality, similar to the original spyro
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#18 Posted: 04:40:34 09/08/2014
They weren't going to continue LoS. Spyro's Kingdom (which became Skylanders) was in production before DotD came out and SK just wasn't working out well.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#19 Posted: 09:11:27 09/08/2014
ah i see, so it was earlier in production than I thought
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#20 Posted: 09:37:03 09/08/2014
so in july sony started to discuss going back to spyro...

link:
http://www.dualshockers.com/20...coot-and-spyro/

and now activision are reviving the 'Sierra' brand...

link:
http://www.develop-online.net/...a-brand/0196281

there is definitive things happening and i believe a new spyro game is bound to happen now smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#21 Posted: 09:46:03 09/08/2014
^Maybe not "Now", but if Sony does get the rights to Spyro (slim chance btw. Don't ever tell me other wise.) then I guess I can see one. But doubts are really high.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#22 Posted: 01:59:11 10/08/2014
Best case scenario would be ActiVision using the Sierra name to publish a new Spyro game, but that is extremely unlikely and I'm not holding out hope for anything until I see it happen.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#23 Posted: 09:56:32 10/08/2014
No, Spyro will never get his own game, because Activision is being too greedy with Skylanders, and are too afraid to innovate on the Spyro formula, why would they want to when they have that greedy mentality?

It's a bit like what Crystal Dynamics are doing to the Tomb Raider games, they're too afraid to innovate on the puzzles and gameplay, and decide to just turn it into a film with all the cinematics, and so they can bump up the price because of that, if I wanted a film to watch, I'd spend about £10 on one, not £40 on a game that doesn't innovate on a lot of things other than story, It's like, I'm thinking more about the gameplay over the story, like the old Tomb Raiders had. I mean, it's great that there's no square tiles to run around on now, and that Lara doesn't control like a tank anymore. Even Anniversary, and Underworld felt like Tomb Raider games. I even liked the grapple that she had as it made sense, it's like another ability to have, like when you could climb in TR 2, and then you can sprint, crawl and monkey bar in TR 3.

I'm just saying that it seems like most of the big companies don't really seem to care about what they are actually making, and are falling into this, "as long as it's popular and we're making big money then it's fine" sort of mentality.

Just remember when the older games actually used to be challenging, and nowadays they seem to like to dumb down the gameplay and the difficulty, just so they can add more to the story, I think it's a bit pointless, since it's a game at the end of the day. And games are supposed to be challenging and innovative. I think the only developers who are being innovative are the indie ones.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:00:29 10/08/2014 by SuperSpyroFan
#24 Posted: 10:32:43 10/08/2014
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
No, Spyro will never get his own game, because Activision is being too greedy with Skylanders, and are too afraid to innovate on the Spyro formula, why would they want to when they have that greedy mentality?

It's a bit like what Crystal Dynamics are doing to the Tomb Raider games, they're too afraid to innovate on the puzzles and gameplay, and decide to just turn it into a film with all the cinematics, and so they can bump up the price because of that, if I wanted a film to watch, I'd spend about £10 on one, not £40 on a game that doesn't innovate on a lot of things other than story, It's like, I'm thinking more about the gameplay over the story, like the old Tomb Raiders had. I mean, it's great that there's no square tiles to run around on now, and that Lara doesn't control like a tank anymore. Even Anniversary, and Underworld felt like Tomb Raider games. I even liked the grapple that she had as it made sense, it's like another ability to have, like when you could climb in TR 2, and then you can sprint, crawl and monkey bar in TR 3.

I'm just saying that it seems like most of the big companies don't really seem to care about what they are actually making, and are falling into this, "as long as it's popular and we're making big money then it's fine" sort of mentality.

Just remember when the older games actually used to be challenging, and nowadays they seem to like to dumb down the gameplay and the difficulty, just so they can add more to the story, I think it's a bit pointless, since it's a game at the end of the day. And games are supposed to be challenging and innovative. I think the only developers who are being innovative are the indie ones.

although, skylanders can't live forever
---
oh my god
#25 Posted: 11:00:02 10/08/2014
as of now there is only eons elite spyro being released. same old sculpt & new paint job, there is no words of a s4 spyro. it looks like its activisions goodbye to spyro in the skylanders games. after all spyro was just there to get the skylanders games of the ground. since that spyro have been getting less & less important, with every new skylanders game. with the sierra brand being started up again, a new spyro game is coming by the look of it. hopefully gamescom2014 have some news about it...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#26 Posted: 14:57:39 10/08/2014
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i need more spyro. just does. i really do hope sierra get to make a new one.
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
#27 Posted: 16:03:24 10/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: S P Y R O
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i need more spyro. just does. i really do hope sierra get to make a new one.

Thank you for making me feel better.
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#28 Posted: 17:35:13 10/08/2014
any time! smilie
but seriously. I needz spyro.
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#29 Posted: 19:04:13 10/08/2014
In time for the next Year of the Dragon...
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#30 Posted: 18:42:33 15/08/2014
Never, unfortunately. Crash Bandicoot on the other hand is much more likely, especially with Sony constantly hinting and teasing at it.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#31 Posted: 23:49:01 15/08/2014
*wave o' text*

I'm sure you know that Activision has a propensity for continuing to milk franchises even when they grow stale. Look at all the Guitar Hero sequels we've gotten that were totally unnecessary and look at all the COD games and DLC that are still being made despite "COD hating" becoming the cool thing to do on the internet. I expect Skylanders to at least last to 2025 at this rate.

Although, the fact that the main versions of Trap Team are being developed for the previous gen (including the Wii, which would SEVERELY limit the quality of a multiplatform game due to its lousy hardware) does give me some hope the game will flop and Activision will need to rethink things. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#32 Posted: 15:35:20 16/08/2014
Quote: InsomDog
In time for the next Year of the Dragon...

imagine, 2024, Insomniac suddenly releases another YOTD game.

imagine the uproar

Quote: HIR
*wave o' text*

I'm sure you know that Activision has a propensity for continuing to milk franchises even when they grow stale. Look at all the Guitar Hero sequels we've gotten that were totally unnecessary and look at all the COD games and DLC that are still being made despite "COD hating" becoming the cool thing to do on the internet. I expect Skylanders to at least last to 2025 at this rate.

Although, the fact that the main versions of Trap Team are being developed for the previous gen (including the Wii, which would SEVERELY limit the quality of a multiplatform game due to its lousy hardware) does give me some hope the game will flop and Activision will need to rethink things. <.<;

You're right, unfortunately (no offence smilie)
---
oh my god
#33 Posted: 06:44:00 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I had this weird dream. Said 2015 or 2017. Maybe 2018. If not, 2020, or 2025.

Or maybe I'm just naming...oh, HELL NO!
#34 Posted: 10:23:19 18/08/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
I had this weird dream. Said 2015 or 2017. Maybe 2018. If not, 2020, or 2025.

Or maybe I'm just naming...oh, HELL NO!

its coming..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#35 Posted: 11:32:11 18/08/2014
When Activision sees no reason to hold onto the brand any longer and sells it, you might see a new game from the new owners. Whether it be Sony, Ubisoft (my personal choice), or somebody else.

I think it would be just fine so long as they got competent developers.

Or they could strike a deal with EA like they did with Star Wars games.

Before anybody freaks out or tries to make Battlefield jokes, EA has enough developers to where finding one to make Spyro wouldn't be difficult.
#36 Posted: 23:38:08 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Before anybody freaks out or tries to make Battlefield jokes, EA has enough developers to where finding one to make Spyro wouldn't be difficult.

ACTIVISION, SELL THOSE RIGHTS TO EA RIGHT NOW!!11!11
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:39:28 18/08/2014 by LocoGuy107
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#37 Posted: 18:10:05 20/08/2014
Quote: HIR
I don't see there being another game ever. *shrug*

Same....
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#38 Posted: 02:37:38 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Dammit, where's Nintendo when we need them?
#39 Posted: 19:14:02 21/08/2014

No, I don't want Nintendo to own Spyro, only because I don't own a Nintendo console, and I've never been a fan of their franchises either, but that's me being selfish I guess. Well, if it's better for the franchise then let it be with Nintendo. I think I would rather it be with Sony. It did kind of start off with them.
---
#40 Posted: 01:13:17 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator

No, I don't want Nintendo to own Spyro, only because I don't own a Nintendo console, and I've never been a fan of their franchises either, but that's me being selfish I guess. Well, if it's better for the franchise then let it be with Nintendo. I think I would rather it be with Sony. It did kind of start off with them.

I'm saying that because, according to many people, Nintendo is treating Mega Man very well for Smash Bros. They've been saying that Nintendo has been showing signs of knowing Mega Man's roots, and that they're bringing the best of him into the game. It's good treatment.
#41 Posted: 05:10:49 22/08/2014
Spyro is NEVER, ever getting his own game ever game.

Learn to live without it.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#42 Posted: 08:41:18 22/08/2014
Quote: zer0dch

THANK YOU
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#43 Posted: 21:45:49 22/08/2014

I'm sorry Hitler, but we got rid of you in World War II.

On a serious note though, we're allowed to dream about it right? No harm in talking about what could have been is there?
---
#44 Posted: 22:07:41 22/08/2014
Well, not now that you've unnecessarily Godwin'd the whole conversation and insulted millions of dead by comparing someone who's tired of hearing the same old thing to a genocidal maniac. Nice.
#45 Posted: 22:30:35 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I want to believe. Enchant excitement.
#46 Posted: 07:16:16 23/08/2014

On a serious note though, we're allowed to dream about it right? No harm in talking about what could have been is there?

Why can't you just accept that Spyro will never have a game of his own anymore? And if he were, it probably wouldn't be good.

There are 13 Spyro games (not including Skylanders).
Only 3 are good. 4 if you count A Hero's Tail, but that's debatable.
TloS series isn't even a Spyro game.
#47 Posted: 09:07:40 23/08/2014

Why can't you just accept that Spyro will never have a game of his own anymore? And if he were, it probably wouldn't be good.

I do accept it, I don't have any other choice to, but what's wrong in talking about it? Nothing is wrong in talking about it. So what you're saying is that you don't want any fan talking about Spyro at all? Are you some sort of dictator? And how would you know if another Spyro game would be good or bad, thing is, you don't. Any person doesn't know, so that's just bull**** to just assume what it would be like, that's a bit like assuming that Skylanders is rubbish without even playing it.

Well, that's just your opinion, so I can't really complain about what Spyro games are good and bad.
I do like certain aspects of other, later Spyro games, but in my opinion, I wouldn't say that they are great or terrible.
I think that LoS had a lot of potential, outright saying that it's not a Spyro game because you don't like it is a bit niave. I'm not exactly a big fan of the series, but I still think it has something to do with Spyro at least.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#48 Posted: 20:01:08 23/08/2014

I do accept it, I don't have any other choice to, but what's wrong in talking about it? Nothing is wrong in talking about it. So what you're saying is that you don't want any fan talking about Spyro at all? Are you some sort of dictator? And how would you know if another Spyro game would be good or bad, thing is, you don't. Any person doesn't know, so that's just bull**** to just assume what it would be like, that's a bit like assuming that Skylanders is rubbish without even playing it.

Well, that's just your opinion, so I can't really complain about what Spyro games are good and bad.
I do like certain aspects of other, later Spyro games, but in my opinion, I wouldn't say that they are great or terrible.
I think that LoS had a lot of potential, outright saying that it's not a Spyro game because you don't like it is a bit niave. I'm not exactly a big fan of the series, but I still think it has something to do with Spyro at least.

I find it funny how you called zero dictator because he doesn't agree with you.

Can I just say that DotD came out in 08 and we haven't seen anything "canon" since then. Spyro died officially when Skylanders came out. That's an opinion, not a fact.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#49 Posted: 20:14:32 23/08/2014

It's totally up for discussion. I just think that fans like you need to realize that he really isn't going to get another game, and to stop clinging onto that idea.

As for the Spyro games being good or bad, I think I know a bit more than you. I grew up playing the classic games, and anything after has potentional, but they were never that great. Are you really trying to defend the "greatness" of TloS series? Because it's not even a Spyro game. In name it is, but in character, level design, and everything else, it is not. It has nothing to do with Spyro. In fact, it didn't even start out as a Spyro game. Spyro was shoehorned into the series in the beginning of the development of A New Beginning to generate more sales.

Also, I never said I hated Skylanders. All I said is that it's not a Spyro game.

The more you know, kid.
#50 Posted: 20:43:19 23/08/2014
sure hope that you are legally playing those games, lol.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:49:54 23/08/2014 by JCW555
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me