Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Swarm, Eye Brawl & Bouncer with huts on offer (bug fixed)
Page 1 of 1
Swarm, Eye Brawl & Bouncer with huts on offer (bug fixed) [CLOSED]
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#1 Posted: 07:06:16 24/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Today there are new special offers
*3 Giants: Swarm, Eye Brawl & Bouncer with 50% discount
*the adequate giant huts for 300 gems (350 before)

Unfortunatly a bug occured. I cannot buy Eye Brawls hut althought i dont have it right now.
Anyone else with that bug?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:13:22 24/07/2014 by karo122
Yoshicrashcart8 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2 Posted: 08:10:28 24/07/2014
I also can't find Eye brawl's hut in the store. I hope they fix this before the offer ends.
---
smilie smilie smilie Dark element is best element. smilie smilie smilie
Moemoff Green Sparx Gems: 340
#3 Posted: 09:50:04 24/07/2014
Same here Eye's house just isn't there. I could get the other two.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 10:29:47 24/07/2014
My giants have houses . Its called the elemental sanctuaries smilie .

The Lost Island are only so big . Buying everyone their own rent free home takes up lots of limited real estate . I will buy another hall of Legends when i get another legendary Skylander but thats it for now .

Little brother wants to save all our gems for Rufus so no gemming it for 6 months ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:39:10 24/07/2014 by Dark fhoenix
spicemill Blue Sparx Gems: 519
#5 Posted: 11:57:28 24/07/2014
Same here which is too bad as it's the one I want!
---
Activate: Spicemill

Click on my profile on this forum to see which codes I am trading for. I have Springtime Trigger Happy, Kickoff Countdown and more.
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#6 Posted: 15:14:37 24/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Finally Eye Brawls hut has arrived.
So this again makes me a poor man and rufus is far away again :-)
Hope the special offer will wait at least a few weeks :-)
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#7 Posted: 17:09:42 24/07/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
My giants have houses . Its called the elemental sanctuaries smilie .

The Lost Island are only so big . Buying everyone their own rent free home takes up lots of limited real estate . ?

I understand your space problem, but any of the giants that have alter egos or alternates for their houses could still go in your sanctuaries and alternates can use the houses (Eye Small, Thumpling, barkley/Gnarly tree rex) and earn extra bonuses--and the houses take less time than the sanctuaries. Plus--with the new sanctums, room is opening up as the shrink from 5x5 to 2x2
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:11:23 24/07/2014 by BUGMom05
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#8 Posted: 17:43:07 24/07/2014
I agree. Houses are the way to go. I like sanctums well enough, but always load the houses first.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#9 Posted: 18:28:45 24/07/2014
I'm not seeing the space issue others are mentioning. Houses are free income, so are usually my highest priority. BugMom05 makes some good arguments as to why.

ps. Don't forget, with Ermit, Sanct's are less time than regular (Giant, HoL, Alt) houses.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
#10 Posted: 18:34:49 24/07/2014
Quote:
Plus--with the new sanctums, room is opening up as the shrink from 5x5 to 2x2

Yeah Right . That extra space from upgraded sanctuaries got filled up by the Toy Link Tower and extra shrine real fast . I am sure houses are the way to go in time but i am not high enough level yet .

I am lvl 36 1 bird house and 2 Hall of Legends so far . Half the companions , 5 shrines , 3 radiant energy fields , 84 Skylanders .
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 18:44:54 24/07/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#11 Posted: 21:24:16 24/07/2014
believe it or not--we are at the same place you are almost exactly. We have a dragon house and a dark house too--but you have more shrines. Level 35. We had both earth swappers for the toy-link mission and used that to buy Thumpback's house and Crusher's (since we have 2 people that fit in those) and we have seen an increase in our jewels (more than 30) in a week

We have 80 skylanders: half are level 14, with the majority being 10-12 and a few 13 We don't have Diggs/Molekin market, Quigley, Flynn, Cali, Cherry, Gorm/Tuk, Tessa, Ermit, or any of the 'lost' companions (except ol'Mac). It's a struggle to keep our money high but we do keep a good string of potions now that we splurged on Ol' Mac--our first companion that cost 1000 gems or more!

Tell me, have you been selling off your smaller houses? and upgrading them as you get the $? If you've got tons of Manors and Great Manors still lying about, they take up a lot of space with a not very large population contribution. We are keeping the outposts and strongholds for a while, but we don't have any huts or (any size wood) houses because we sold them and replaced them with slab stone houses. We are working to replace both kinds of manors with acorn houses but $3M takes a couple days to come up with.

...also, you might want to rethink some of your decorations. They only boost XP of houses/community bldings that they are adjacent to. and the smaller community buildings. If you're maxed out on Post offices, water works, banks and mines--you're taking up too much room for small XP rewards.

Hubby sat down one day last month selling off the easy to buy decorations and removing paths and roads that weren't right next to a building and buildings that didn't pay out much. We now have a little bit of room on each island--but are filling them up in a C-shape to leave an open space for trolls/sheep, but no hidden squares to reduce the chances of bamboo or weeds growing where we can't see. After he did that, we literally jumped from level 33 to 35 in a matter of days (we didn't exactly count but certainly felt faster than 30-32)

Also upgraded the inventory from (with gems) and we put buildings in there so we don't have to wait for them to be constructed and just take them out for missions

Plus, it won't be long before we can expand to the smaller islands and that will help, too. It's easy to move things you have or sell and rebuy stuff that just costs gold/people instead of wishing they were available or back on sale once you get room

but you're right--maybe it isn't time for you yet; I was just sharing with you what turned out to be a very smart decision for us.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:46:36 24/07/2014 by BUGMom05
#12 Posted: 21:49:31 24/07/2014

Little brother wants to save all our gems for Rufus so no gemming it for 6 months ?

I doubt it will take 6 months for Rufus to go on sale
#13 Posted: 23:17:13 24/07/2014
Thank you BugMom . Wow i actually gave that same advice in another thread you gave . smilie Perhaps i was complaining a bit too much . I meant the limited space in general . I actually have still quite a bit of space and i am slowly pruning off decorations . I have still yet to fully prune some of my lower level Mabu houses .

I never really have an energy problem so my sanctuaries are active every day . I am kinda thinking about a cadet / scout house or swophouses. I have run out of things to buy that give me gems directly or indirectly I guess houses are the next step . That dragon and dark house is way too overpriced . This is a slow game and i dont see the need to rush anything . smilie

As far as gems go I think i make about 15 - 20 per day . We have Tessa our only mega purchase . When we make 300 gems we spend it .

Personally i hope Rufus runs off before we can afford to buy him . Little brother and I made a deal if he runs off i get to spend all that loot .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:46 24/07/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#14 Posted: 01:19:41 25/07/2014
I am kinda thinking about a cadet / scout house or swophouses. I have run out of things to buy that give me gems directly or indirectly I guess houses are the next step .

That dragon and dark house is way too overpriced .

When we make 300 gems we spend it .

We tend to stockpile our gems, and but then a sale comes up before we can buy what we're saving for. That's where all our houses and special companions came from--a sale! We even got the cadet house when it was on offer...we are pretty stingy with our gems.

But it seems we have earned them pretty fast in the last month (maybe because of the houses we have) and were able to pick up 2 of the three giant houses for this sale. Hopefully we'll earn enough to get the third before Saturday. With the 3 giant houses purchased from last week, we were down to 200 and were back up to 850 by today. As for the "expensive" specialty houses: We got them at maybe 600 gems for a dragon house and like 450 for the dark one. They have certainly earned their purchase price--but you're right way too overpriced for everyday buy. or even for us to have more than one foir the time being.

and I don't think you were complaining--I just know it was a real thought-process to convince us to start clearing out and ditching the low level houses. I was trying to lead you down that path
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:57 25/07/2014 by BUGMom05
#15 Posted: 03:07:27 25/07/2014
I feel like a real old timer in this game. You "youngsters" do all the talking anymore, and you know what your talking about on top of it. There's nothing left for me to say!

Well, I guess I'd say stay away from scout and cadet houses (and dragon, dark and bird houses too). They are not worth the gems. You're better off buying companions and if you don't have them, the giant and alt houses. These other houses are really only for level 45 players with nothing left to do and an irrational desire to max out the game...

Now you kids get off my lawn!

smilie
---
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#16 Posted: 12:42:20 25/07/2014
I'm with Midas! Scout/cadet payout is pretty horrid compared to their cost. I only have 1 of each (from a sale) for completeness. I disagree about Dark/Dragon Houses though. If you get them on a big sale @400 gems, they rock. 2 hour turnaround, if you can work them, pays nicely.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
#17 Posted: 13:50:57 25/07/2014
Quote:
I feel like a real old timer in this game. You "youngsters" do all the talking anymore, and you know what your talking about on top of it. There's nothing left for me to say!

I found that older boys know how to treat ladies right . Hello handsome midas <playing with my hair >
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#18 Posted: 15:17:07 25/07/2014
I just hit level 44 and only now dealing with making extra space. Granted, the new islands helped when it came to buying up dark houses, recently, but I also have my center island mostly full of houses that have been there since the beginning. I've only recently started to sell some and replace them with better houses. Not that I really needed to, but I wanted to, to help get better xp and clean up my islands. I have all the giant/alt houses, plus 14 Hall of Legends, 2 Dragon Lairs, 1 Bird House, 1 Cadette and 1 Scout HQ, and 1 Swap House, plus Molekin Market and Adventure Clock. Houses are definitely the way to go. They get you gems faster and don't cost energy. I've never gotten that many gems from sanctuaries, and if I do, it's usually the 3rd in the list, which means you're paying a lot of energy out. You can only keep that going constantly if you have Ol' Mac. I'm pretty sure I was getting houses before level 36. Definitely start with ones you have multiples of (Tree Rex, Ninjini, and Thumpback all have 3, Crusher has 2, Bouncer has 2, and Eye Brawl has 2). That way you can still have the others freed up. After that, probably Hot Head, since it sometimes pays a bigger maximum than the others. Although, I've gotten that from Dragon Lairs, Dark Houses, and Birthday Bash's hut. Sidekick houses, by the way, also take up only 1 space instead of 4, so that makes them interesting to have. But there's only one for Whisper Elf and Trigger Snappy.

As for the sanctums saving you space, it really is true. I've been starting to go back and rearrange my islands after getting the sanctums. The sanctuaries take 25 spaces while the sanctums take 4. Even adding a toy link tower, only takes 8, and if you get an extra shrine from quests, it's only 16. So you're still left with 9 more space. Plus they're less awkward on the islands. I had a lot of wasted space around the sanctuaries because there really wasn't a good place to put them. Since they were so tall, I'd try to put them in the upper corner so things wouldn't get hidden. But I'd still be left with a few extra spaces back there. Now I can find places for them much easier. After getting the sanctums, I've rearranged my islands, even adding more sheep topiaries to surround my better buildings, and still ended up with more room on my islands. Or, at least, more organized.
#19 Posted: 01:34:08 26/07/2014
Quote:

I found that older boys know how to treat ladies right . Hello handsome midas <playing with my hair >

Why hello there! smilie
---
#20 Posted: 21:02:42 26/07/2014
Fine fine i bought another Hall of Legends . < to impress Midas > . smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:28 26/07/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me