Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
An Inside Page of Skylanders #0 Comic [CLOSED]
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#1 Posted: 00:01:30 23/07/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.comicbookresources....oty=1&oid=54221

The art style looks... INTERESTING to say the least

The non-exclusive cover:http://www.comicbookresources....oty=1&oid=54221

This one has even more questionable art stylings.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:15 23/07/2014 by Toynerd14
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#2 Posted: 00:43:31 23/07/2014
The trolls all look like boomer. weird right?
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#3 Posted: 00:47:08 23/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: mrdarkspyro
The trolls all look like boomer. weird right?

That confused the crap outta me the first time.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#4 Posted: 00:48:59 23/07/2014
Hmm interesting. I get the feeling Gusto may become a main character for this game. Also I wonder why they are talking about radiance crystals as they were never in the consol game. Just the SSA and SG DS Version.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#5 Posted: 00:53:59 23/07/2014
I feel bad for smilie. I mean really we can take a hint you guys. They must really not like him and wow I never thought of Gusto to be a main character. He looks more like a secondary or even a minor character.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#6 Posted: 01:00:49 23/07/2014
Why do they keep using the stock poses for Trap Masters and why is Spyro in that standing pose in mid-air

Why is Stealth Elf using Shuriken even though she doesn't have that ability in any of the games, not even the 3DS versions (is this going to be her next Wow Pow? If so... How underwhelming)

Wash Buckler and Pop Fizz straight-up look bad. Their face proportions are too oddly exaggerated compared to the rest of their bodies

And like GhostRoaster617 said, those troll designs... *sigh*
One of the trolls has a disproportionate extra toe, tucked between his largest and the next one, as well

Also, did you look at all the background details?
[User Posted Image]

@ninja Radience Crystals weren't in Giants 3DS, actually, just SA 3DS
If they do something interesting with them, I'm up for it. Maybe the comic will be a prequel to SA 3DS (which I'd love to see, I just love SA 3DS)
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:20:14 23/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#7 Posted: 01:22:26 23/07/2014
Not going to lie,at first sight the art looks good and that's probably enough for them, but it feels like it's so unecessarily detailed and exaggerated it's just outright unproportional. If you're going to spend a ton of hours in one page,at least bother looking up the Troll enemies to not use Boomer's design which is quite different from the rest of his species, and stop the crazy perspectives for one sec to see if the body parts and textures actually match up. It's far from looking as ugly as some actual bad comics, but even too much quality is a bad thing.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:23:19 23/07/2014 by Bifrost
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 01:42:12 23/07/2014
How is Boomer different than the other trolls? That's what he is. Why can't other trolls look like him? As for Stealth Elf throwing a shuriken, that would be cool in my opinion. When we first started playing Skylanders she was my favorite, but not not having a long distance attack made some things a bit difficult.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 02:42:30 23/07/2014
Looks like a first year art student drew it. Not my cup of tea, this style.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#10 Posted: 07:03:34 23/07/2014
this comes two years to late, this should be released before the giants game not before trap team... also wasn't there talk about a movie coming?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#11 Posted: 14:12:48 23/07/2014
Quote: obidawsn
How is Boomer different than the other trolls? That's what he is. Why can't other trolls look like him? As for Stealth Elf throwing a shuriken, that would be cool in my opinion. When we first started playing Skylanders she was my favorite, but not not having a long distance attack made some things a bit difficult.

Boomer is slightly bigger than them, and the cybernetic arms and legs he has that somehow showed up on those trolls are prosthesis that only he should have because of, as the series writer put it,an accident. Why would the rest of them lack arms and legs at the exact same spots? Bombs don't work that way.
And why Stealth Elf would need metal shurikens when her story depicts her as training and using things from forests? Not to mention Stink Bomb and the upcoming Lob Star already cover both the shuriken and the stereotypical ninja part of the series - we already have enough of a mechanics being repeated with Ignitor's former signature power being used by several other 'landers throught the games.

Quote: GhostRoaster
Looks like a first year art student drew it. Not my cup of tea, this style.

Nah,second year at least. I couldn't do that if I spent a week straight on it, and I'm a first year art student. The shading and lineart are really spot on, but as I said, so much time was visibly spent polishing and making crazy perspectives that simple things like the proportions stand out like a sore thumb.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#12 Posted: 14:21:40 23/07/2014
Eh looks pretty good. I think it'll warrant a pick up when the regular comic comes out. I encourage everyone to check out your local comic book shops if you have them. They're pretty great little places and you might discover something else thats neat.

I think they probably put a lot of effort into it by making poses and facial expressions dynamic; i mean they are pretty un-static characters. I'd withhold full judgment until I see the full comic and story; i mean...you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover (and 1 page), right?

I'd like to remind everyone that it could also be far, far worse.

[User Posted Image]
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#13 Posted: 14:45:03 23/07/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Why do they keep using the stock poses for Trap Masters and why is Spyro in that standing pose in mid-air

Why is Stealth Elf using Shuriken even though she doesn't have that ability in any of the games, not even the 3DS versions (is this going to be her next Wow Pow? If so... How underwhelming)

Wash Buckler and Pop Fizz straight-up look bad. Their face proportions are too oddly exaggerated compared to the rest of their bodies

And like GhostRoaster617 said, those troll designs... *sigh*
One of the trolls has a disproportionate extra toe, tucked between his largest and the next one, as well

Also, did you look at all the background details?
[User Posted Image]

@ninja Radience Crystals weren't in Giants 3DS, actually, just SA 3DS
If they do something interesting with them, I'm up for it. Maybe the comic will be a prequel to SA 3DS (which I'd love to see, I just love SA 3DS)

stink bomb could be out of sight
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#14 Posted: 14:54:44 23/07/2014
Given the artist, if we get mass-murdering psycholanders, or something similarly twisted, I might pick this up, otherwise yah no
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#15 Posted: 15:14:17 23/07/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Not going to lie,at first sight the art looks good and that's probably enough for them, but it feels like it's so unecessarily detailed and exaggerated it's just outright unproportional. If you're going to spend a ton of hours in one page,at least bother looking up the Troll enemies to not use Boomer's design which is quite different from the rest of his species, and stop the crazy perspectives for one sec to see if the body parts and textures actually match up. It's far from looking as ugly as some actual bad comics, but even too much quality is a bad thing.

I agree with this, actually. The detail is a bit extortionate for me.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#16 Posted: 15:59:06 23/07/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
Eh looks pretty good. I think it'll warrant a pick up when the regular comic comes out. I encourage everyone to check out your local comic book shops if you have them. They're pretty great little places and you might discover something else thats neat.

I think they probably put a lot of effort into it by making poses and facial expressions dynamic; i mean they are pretty un-static characters. I'd withhold full judgment until I see the full comic and story; i mean...you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover (and 1 page), right?

I'd like to remind everyone that it could also be far, far worse.

[User Posted Image]

^this pic, LOL!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#17 Posted: 21:19:14 23/07/2014
That perspective makes my head hurt. Please stop it.

Also, did they try on purpose to make Stealth Elf look like she was an old age pensioner and super crinkly???
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#18 Posted: 01:38:48 24/07/2014
One of the epic fail drawings from Rob Liefeld and definitely a top 10 worst ever comic sketches.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#19 Posted: 02:03:19 24/07/2014
So many trolls in it, I wonder if they even know Boomer hasn't been around much. One of them at the bottom even has the trade mark dynamite. lol
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#20 Posted: 02:28:16 24/07/2014
Quote: WickedRogue
So many trolls in it, I wonder if they even know Boomer hasn't been around much. One of them at the bottom even has the trade mark dynamite. lol

pop fizz seems to be talking to him so maybe that is the real boomer and on the next page boomer replies " I think you mean BLOW IT UP!!!!!!!!!!"
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#21 Posted: 03:08:35 29/07/2014
Omg they really are marketing this towards only children. That art style makes Liefail look good.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me