Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders 2014 Hot Dog ornament! [CLOSED]
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#1 Posted: 07:08:13 15/07/2014 | Topic Creator
What says "Christmas" more than a jolly tree that shoots bees?
[User Posted Image]
A fire dog that shoots bees!
Source: http://www.hookedonhallmark.co...PT_p_35933.html
There is also a stock photo of an ice platform version: http://www.hiddentreasuresdeco..._p/axor068f.htm
It's unknown if there will be a platform-color variant, or if one photo is a revised version.
Both websites point to a September release and a $12.95 price.

I don't know of all the retailers that usually carry Carlton/American Greetings ornaments, but Carlton Cards and Toys R Us typically do.

Hot Dog sure has been getting lots of love lately. And unlike most other "miscellaneous" merchandise, they didn't rip the pose directly from the toy!
---
#all Spyros are valid
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#2 Posted: 07:33:56 15/07/2014
I know I'm going to sound really negative to some of you, saying this- but I'm gradually getting more and more worried that Hot Dog is just going to become the next Eruptor. This doodad doesn't help with that, though it looks cute. At least it shows they're willing to replace Eruptor (and hopefully most of the continually re-reposed) if that's the case. smilie

I like the icy version better, the grass one looks kind of generically Skylanders-y and less Christmas-specific. I will not buy either, however, as I never buy any of the extra toy merch that doesn't actually work with the game (only exception being Dark Spyro and Sprocket Mega BLOKs).
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 07:41:04 15/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 14:16:24 15/07/2014
That's pretty cute actually. I was expecting them to release an ornament at some point given the popularity of the franchise.

Quote: Arc of Archives
I know I'm going to sound really negative to some of you, saying this- but I'm gradually getting more and more worried that Hot Dog is just going to become the next Eruptor.

I think that's exactly what's happening. Very slowly, the series is making new "mascots" for each element, and it would seem that they're all coming from Giants. Eruptor is getting replaced by Hot Dog, Spyro with Pop Fizz, Whirlwind with Jet Vac. I expect some of the others to follow suit over the next few years. Perhaps they figure that Giants is probably fresher in people's minds than SSA, or they're working away from "Spyro's Adventure" and more into their own universe. I guess on the other side, maybe they're just unconsciously (or consciously) pushing characters that are more popular with people; Hot Dog would seem to be much more popular that Eruptor, Jet Vac more than Whirlwind and in the case of Spyro...they probably want to tone down the Spyro ties.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#4 Posted: 15:06:03 15/07/2014
Ill be buying this, as my son loves hot dog its his fav fire guy
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#5 Posted: 20:55:31 17/07/2014
Just ordered mine....$17.01 with shipping 8-D. Thanks for info
SkyRolo Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#6 Posted: 19:52:09 31/08/2014
I found the Ice Platform version today at my Toys at Us in Binghamton, NY. It cost $7.99. I can't believe they are already putting out Christmas stuff!
flumpy89 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#7 Posted: 22:17:15 01/09/2014
could anyone who receives this tell us the size of this item? for example, is the hotdog the same size as a regular hotdog? wondering if I could rip it off its base and stick it to a regular hot dog base, have myself a nice little variant...
---
Working on lost islands alter ego customs!
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#8 Posted: 14:02:52 02/09/2014
I completely agree with the Eruptor Hot dog thing. To me, Hot Dog is very ovverated. As I think Eruptoris slowly "going dead" in populairity. Idk what acti eants,but to me Hot dog foesnt deserve all love.

Sorry If im mean, I mean, the item looks good.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me