Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Something smells fishy............... [CLOSED]
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#1 Posted: 17:03:12 08/07/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.ebay.com/usr/shredquest

I'm in the market for some Toy Fair landers and ran into this guy. Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't most Toy Fair landers listed as such on the card?? I mean, these weren't issued out to commercial market places, were they?? So in going through his items for sale I see he's got a metallic purple cynder and pearl hex with no notations of originating from a Toy Fair. So, my question is - take this guy off my list as a legit seller or beware. Leaning towards the latter.....
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 17:53:07 08/07/2014
Note that he doesn't explicitly state the cynder is an E3/Toy Fair exclusive. It is fishy. For kicks and giggles you can ask him explicitly the question and see what he says...then nail him on the packaging.

There's not enough shown on the Pearl Hex to know.

Keep in mind, this could be simply a legit figure that was re-packaged to maximize his sales number, but the lack of information and explicit notation of the product would send me packing.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:57:39 08/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Judaschrist0240 Blue Sparx Gems: 668
#3 Posted: 17:57:32 08/07/2014
Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
http://www.ebay.com/usr/shredquest

I'm in the market for some Toy Fair landers and ran into this guy. Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't most Toy Fair landers listed as such on the card?? I mean, these weren't issued out to commercial market places, were they?? So in going through his items for sale I see he's got a metallic purple cynder and pearl hex with no notations of originating from a Toy Fair. So, my question is - take this guy off my list as a legit seller or beware. Leaning towards the latter.....

i would lean towards custom or repackaged figures. yes you are correct, the packaging states the toy fair they are associated with. ive seen this seller before and i always thought their listings were a joke. good call on this
#4 Posted: 18:06:06 08/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I figured as such....though I have collected skylanders for awhile now, just recently had some extra funds to delve into mid-upper price range variants. Its horrible that people are getting scammed like this. I appreciate the help and verification. Thanks.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 18:38:01 08/07/2014
Yes, it looks like most of the chase figures he has are real. The Cynder is a definite fake, and the Blue Chop Chop look fake.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:39:48 08/07/2014 by Matteomax
#6 Posted: 20:03:22 08/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I wish Activision would come up with some kind of color strip glue that would easily identify if something unique has been opened or tampered with.....would really do alot to stem some of these bums from preying on people. The worse thing is that ALOT of ebay sellers DO NOT offer returns on high priced skylanders, basically you are at the mercy of a Seller when they state that item is in Pristine or Collector Grade. When you recieve said item, bubble is cracked, card is bent, etc...blame goes to shipping and unless you wanna go through the hassle of opening a case or whatever youre stuck paying top dollar for an item that might have been non pristine to begin with.
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#7 Posted: 00:20:18 09/07/2014
I can only compare Cynder because that's the one I have. The toy fair logo on the card is printed on, it's not a sticker. So there's NO reason for it to be missing unless it was repackaged.
The photo is really bad and it's not as easy to see how chrome the chrome paint is, but it doesn't look like the flat glittery paint used in many customs.

But it is fishy that only the toy fair editions are cropped out with no second pic.
---
#all Spyros are valid
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#8 Posted: 02:56:21 09/07/2014
The Glitter Hot Head looks fishy also, looks more like fluffy.
I would not trust any of his rare figures,
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#9 Posted: 03:15:39 09/07/2014
Wow. I'm wondering if I'm seeing something different than. What you are all looking at. I don't see a pearl hex
But the toy fair cynder--and toy fair chop chop--and glitter hot head....and dreams all in their boxes and look so real to me. If I am looking at what you are all looking at then I am going to have to be much much much more careful in the future because I really cannot tell.
Interesting!
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#10 Posted: 03:47:53 09/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Dinoah....once again you might be onto something. Your batman like detective skills are impressive! I too was just wondering about the Hot Head, obviously he would have to put that sucker on the portal and take a pic of it with the blue flame and rare register. I'm going to mssg him and see if he will do that. In any case, yea shelly, be extremely wary of these types of scammers.

On a side note : How on god's green earth do you preserve a 100% seller rating while selling knockoffs like that??? Truly baffling.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:01:07 09/07/2014 by YerMomsFaceHere
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#11 Posted: 04:15:06 09/07/2014
Quote: dinoah2005
The Glitter Hot Head looks fishy also, looks more like fluffy.
I would not trust any of his rare figures,

How does this even look fluffy.
---
words. letters. filler.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#12 Posted: 04:40:57 09/07/2014
I think the chop and cynder are reseals into skylander packages is what I think and I also think that since you don't know him and where he got them why does it bother everyone so much. For all you know they came from over seas someplace and have been repackaged for sale to people that would not know the packages were missing logos or stickers from events. The toys maybe real but the packing may be fake. He has 100% because someting has to be going correct for that goal to happen.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#13 Posted: 05:19:41 09/07/2014
Matteomax--I'm so curious what makes you think the cynder is fake. I just don't see it. Also...what about hot head makes you know it's fake. I'll get ours out tomorrow and compare to see if I can tell. But I'd love to know what to look for.
Thank you
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#14 Posted: 05:32:47 09/07/2014
The hot head he has listed is the same or looks as the ones that came out in Australia, that looked all puffy and had blue lights and showed rare on the screen. The cynder looks like a repackage to me. The cynder has no toy fair marking on it's package and I believe they were not sticker but printed on the cardboard backer.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#15 Posted: 08:49:11 09/07/2014
Quote: shelly9871
Matteomax--I'm so curious what makes you think the cynder is fake. I just don't see it. Also...what about hot head makes you know it's fake. I'll get ours out tomorrow and compare to see if I can tell. But I'd love to know what to look for.
Thank you

Metallic Cynder was only released for Toy Fair, the box should say Toy Fair on it, this is printed on so it is not something that could be removed from the package. This one does not say Toy Fair, it could be a legit Toy Fair Cynder but it would be a repackaged toy, it could also be a custom painted toy that is fake in every way. Either way it should not be sold how it's being sold.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
#16 Posted: 18:56:26 09/07/2014
i asked the seller about the ny toy fair logo that is missing and this was the response

"Good question and quite honestly I don't know the answer. This is how I received it in a bulk lot I got and never took the time to realize it was missing a sticker. After taking a closer look the packaging on the bottom right appears slightly damaged and the Skylander itself looks like it has a possible factory defect since the paint is chipping in some spots. If you're still interested I'll take like $75 off the list price due to these issues. If you're not interested I'm going to have to update the listing for sure or I may just auction it off."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:57:12 09/07/2014 by Judaschrist0240
#17 Posted: 01:56:40 10/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I asked him about it being Glitter Hot head with Blue light core features along with rare registration on portal. His response : I don't know for sure because I've never placed it on a portal. All I do know is it is the rare Hot Head variant known as Pearl, Sparkle and even Glitter. Thanks for your interest. Wish I could have been more help.

Of course you dont know for sure what kind of "rare" skylander you have ....what you are "sure" about is how much you would like to con someone out of.

This guy sucks. Done topic.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#18 Posted: 02:48:53 10/07/2014
Wait which Toy fair figure are we talking about here? The link just goes to the seller's page.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#19 Posted: 07:48:06 10/07/2014
Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
I asked him about it being Glitter Hot head with Blue light core features along with rare registration on portal. His response : I don't know for sure because I've never placed it on a portal. All I do know is it is the rare Hot Head variant known as Pearl, Sparkle and even Glitter. Thanks for your interest. Wish I could have been more help.

Of course you dont know for sure what kind of "rare" skylander you have ....what you are "sure" about is how much you would like to con someone out of.

This guy sucks. Done topic.

Did someone ruin your corn flakes today? He gave you his information, why are you throwing a fit over what he only knows? He said he received it all in a lot, as stated before.
---
words. letters. filler.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#20 Posted: 08:53:41 10/07/2014
Quote: ninja9351
Wait which Toy fair figure are we talking about here? The link just goes to the seller's page.

This one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...E-/111401816562

It's missing the toy fair logo on the top, see:
[User Posted Image]
The logo is printed on. So it can't fall off or be removed like a sticker could.
So it's fishy that he's selling one in the packaging without that logo.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#21 Posted: 21:43:43 10/07/2014
Just going to give my theory on this. As stated, he purchased these figures in a lot. Purple Metallic Cynder arrived without packaging, but is legit. He decided to just reseal this Cynder into packaging.
---
words. letters. filler.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#22 Posted: 22:03:12 10/07/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Just going to give my theory on this. As stated, he purchased these figures in a lot. Purple Metallic Cynder arrived without packaging, but is legit. He decided to just reseal this Cynder into packaging.

Not a bad theory, and something that I'd considered, but why not just comp to it when people call you out? It's both a good and bad thing that there's no "forum" area on/below an eBay auction for such questions to always be brought to light and shown to all (versus just those the seller chooses to allow visibility on).

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#23 Posted: 22:36:51 10/07/2014
WOW!!!! it sold!!!!! i feel sorry for the unfortunate individual who was willing to pay more than $100 for it. i guess you really can funnel your feces into a bottle and sell it on ebay
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#24 Posted: 23:57:31 10/07/2014
If the Cynder is fake, it's about 10x better than this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171375...6125%26_rdc%3D1
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#25 Posted: 00:12:37 11/07/2014
Quote: Matteomax

this is a joke!! some of these sellers are thieves. anything for $. they make the community look bad and create distrust in future ebay purchases from reputable sellers. they should get out of the skylander game and go solicit on the corner. they are most likely stealing from a parent which ticks me off the most because parents either purchase these for their kids or their own personal collections to share with their children.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#26 Posted: 00:50:17 11/07/2014

Wow clearly fake. The base is painted as well. I hate people...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#27 Posted: 01:41:51 11/07/2014

I have no words for this.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
#28 Posted: 08:58:30 11/07/2014

omg thats the ultra rare factory error glitter hothead!!1!11!1!!1!!!!!
---
words. letters. filler.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#29 Posted: 15:54:31 11/07/2014
Equal responsibility to the buyer and seller. Takes two to tango.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#30 Posted: 20:35:43 11/07/2014
Quote: shadowfox

True. Maybe somebody bought it with the knowledge that it was fake so that they could file a fake item dispute with eBay, recoup their bid and shipping and get to leave a bad feedback mark on an obvious swindler.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#31 Posted: 07:50:33 13/07/2014
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: shadowfox

True. Maybe somebody bought it with the knowledge that it was fake so that they could file a fake item dispute with eBay, recoup their bid and shipping and get to leave a bad feedback mark on an obvious swindler.

-Doug

Not to mention a free Hot Head if the seller doesn't care to get it back.
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#32 Posted: 14:07:17 13/07/2014

It got sold? D:

Also I've noticed how bad the paint looks. You can still see some yellow from the figure's hand.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me