Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Gamestop Free Skylander! [CLOSED]
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#1 Posted: 03:59:01 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok this is different than you expected. I need help. If you have a powerup rewards account, you can join the skylanders adventure club. I am joined it, and it has kept track of the skylanders i bought. The whole skylanders club is about mostly, is every 6 characters you buy, you get one free! well, When you get it, you are supposed to get an email, and on your powerup rewards profile a coupon code will be added to the "active offers" section. You then give the code to the gamestop guy and bam you get your free skylander. The people at the gamestop (employees) Knew we were doing it. Well we were supposed to get our code in 48-72 hours. And its been like 144 hours! What should i do? Should i call customer support? Theres a free character sitting at gamestop with my name on it! I picked it out! What should I do? I havent gotten the code!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 04:13:11 06/07/2014
This doesn't belong in Trap Team at all. Moved to Toys and Merchandise.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:13:35 06/07/2014 by Matteomax
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#3 Posted: 05:46:57 06/07/2014
I would bring a print out (receipt) of your 6 purchases and ask for a free skylander. I think they would be willing to bend a rule if there is a glitch in the system. Just be polite.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:49:16 06/07/2014 by 4inCreation
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#4 Posted: 16:45:24 06/07/2014
I went through this same problem with gamestop. I had to call back no less than 5 times deal with support each time and then have them tell me they will pass the problem onto the relevant department, after all these they never did get a code for the skylander but instead just gave me the 10000 points for a 10 dollar gift certificate. Long story short, be prepared for a long back and forth with customer service. And no there is nothing your local can do until a code is issued because with out that code they would be stealing from the store to give you your figure. Keep on them you will eventually get the code, it just might take you awhile.

On the other side of this my son got his second coupon with no fuss at all.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#5 Posted: 18:29:39 06/07/2014
I have since bought more then 5...a long time ago....and have never received a e-mail for my free one. (of witch i knew i wouldn't ...its Gamestop, hello?!?..they never give out free stuff..ever!....cept maybe a poster *ohh thanks....big prize* smilie Pfft)
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#6 Posted: 05:38:01 07/07/2014
Oh you get the stuff they advertise you just have to make sure you read all the fine print and abide by all the regulations. He has been able to get all 8 of the mini's from them as well as now 2 free from the buy 5 and get one free program. You just have to remember that many of the freebies are done from an automated system and not all the figures maybe tagged for the program. For instance we found a gamestop that had the last few mini's that he needed so I kept calling and checking what the requirements were to get them (they vary from buy 30 dollars worth down to buy a figure get a guy) so when it came up as buy one get one we went in and they had just gotten in kick off countdown however he was not in the computer as being part of that program and we ended up buying a 3rd guy he didn't need just to qualify for the second mini (gave the double to his cousin). Now could I have thrown a fit and gotten the mini for buying countdown, Maybe however it wasn't worth it.

Like I said earlier just take the time and make sure you have your receipts or at very least your order history on your power up rewards page (remember you have to be a paying member of power up rewards pro to be eligible for the freebie) and call them. Yes it'll take time, it took me close to 4 months to get it cleared up. But stand in there and you can fix it, likely the problem stems from not all UPC's being on the list as eligible for the program.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#7 Posted: 01:55:35 08/07/2014
Call customer service, Ive had the issue twice already
---
I'm Childish
Skylander562 Green Sparx Gems: 158
#8 Posted: 17:56:05 08/07/2014
THEY Never send it automatically, GAMESTOP IS horrible for this promotion. It took me about 5 months before I finally got 10,000 points to use because they figure it out. I would call and they would say its on its way. Nothing, Call again and same thing. Repeat for 5 months. At the same time I emailed them too. Its the funniest chain, those guys are idiots. GAMESTOP is a bunch of frauds. HORRID.

Here's what they emailed me:

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience, In response to your email request, unfortunately we have requested your coupon to the manufacturer but at this point we don't now the reason why it wasn't sent to you. Due this we have added 110 points to your account which is same value of the $10 coupon for a free Skylander. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the points to be posted to your account.
ohioskylanders Green Sparx Gems: 132
#9 Posted: 03:35:01 14/07/2014
Ya no doubt about Gamestop.....worst customer service at the Ft Wayne, IN stores...makes me so angry sometimes...there is only one guy I will allow to help us because of this.....I'm new to the adventure club so that info is good to know. One thing about them I never quite understood is the fact they open all their games before selling them. I refuse to buy new games there because of this. My son is 6 and doesn't understand that yet, but it would be so easy for them to sell a game they bought used at their new price. To me, once a item is opened its used.
#10 Posted: 22:32:29 16/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Wow thanks guys! I just realized you guys rwsponded ;-; anyways they said they would give me the character and gave me like an extra 10000 points! smilie
Darthfaker Green Sparx Gems: 464
#11 Posted: 22:00:26 17/07/2014
My 2cents on this topic. Keep notes on who you talk to along with dates and times. Now I called mid May telling them I never received my email for a Free Skylander and they said hold on while they verify (queue Jeopardy theme), come back 5 minutes later and said I should receive notice within 14 days. Waited till mid June and called back saying I never received anything gave all my info from when I called the 1st time and they placed me on hold again ( queue Dawson Creek theme), came back and said they messed up and forgot to send out email so they credit my account 10,000 points . So I redeemed that for a free Skylander and to my amazement a week later I got an email saying I purchased enough Skylanders to get a free 1. My kids are very happy now and we are now purchasing series 2 and 3 characters to finish off our collection.
#12 Posted: 23:09:31 17/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darthfaker
My 2cents on this topic. Keep notes on who you talk to along with dates and times. Now I called mid May telling them I never received my email for a Free Skylander and they said hold on while they verify (queue Jeopardy theme), come back 5 minutes later and said I should receive notice within 14 days. Waited till mid June and called back saying I never received anything gave all my info from when I called the 1st time and they placed me on hold again ( queue Dawson Creek theme), came back and said they messed up and forgot to send out email so they credit my account 10,000 points . So I redeemed that for a free Skylander and to my amazement a week later I got an email saying I purchased enough Skylanders to get a free 1. My kids are very happy now and we are now purchasing series 2 and 3 characters to finish off our collection.

Wow... Well that was weird, and probably frustrating but it sounds like it ended well! smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me