Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Dreaded Boom Curse Strikes again! [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#1 Posted: 06:58:22 04/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Let's hope no Skylander in Trap Team has Boom in his name. It seems to me that anyone with boom in their names are cures to be poorly sold figures and dictated as the worst characters in the game. In SA, smilie was the first to start the curse. Then, in Giants, smilie began to pass it on. Finally even smilie had the same problem as the other two. Now I'm aware that smilie has boom in her name and she actually did good, but this is just to elaborate on this ridiculous coincidence that is hurting these poorly underrated guys. Let's try to make sure the next guy with boom in his name doesn't continue this trend.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#2 Posted: 12:37:09 04/07/2014
You think that Boomer is one of the worst characters in the game?
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#3 Posted: 14:41:39 04/07/2014
^ GhostRoaster617 just said Boomer sold poorly, which is true. I don't think they were trying to imply that he was a bad character, and I think I've even seen them praise Boomer a few times on this forum.

Maybe the rule is that any male which has Boom in their name sells poorly. Since Flynn had that niche among the guys. But now Tessa has that niche among the girls, so maybe any future girls with Boom in their name will sell poorly and maybe that's why Sonic Boom didn't get a second repose (which I'm mixed about- yay, not another re-repose! Aww, we got one anyway, and Sonic Boom could have used it more than Whirlwind). smilie
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#4 Posted: 17:01:14 04/07/2014
Boomer was one of my go to guys on Perfect Captain!
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
kaply Blue Sparx Gems: 836
#5 Posted: 17:09:06 04/07/2014
How is boomer defined as sold poorly when I haven't seen it around my area, ever in a year. I see a lot of other ssa still on pegs.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 17:18:13 04/07/2014
Quote: kaply
How is boomer defined as sold poorly when I haven't seen it around my area, ever in a year. I see a lot of other ssa still on pegs.

Boomer was originally picked on for being "ugly" and "overstocked."

When Giants was released, he was one of the many characters that didn't get a "repose," so people scooped him up with the many sales that happened that year.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#7 Posted: 17:25:53 04/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: lcopley98
You think that Boomer is one of the worst characters in the game?

Well I'm just saying via overall view on all areas he is, but I personally started to like him when he was fully upgraded. I even stated these guys were very underrated and to some degree don't deserve all this hate they keep getting.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#8 Posted: 17:43:17 04/07/2014
Boomer's problem is visually, he's unappealing and only has one good path. However that one path is a beast and can clean house when it comes to enemies quite easily.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 18:31:38 04/07/2014
^ Clobber Troll is actually pretty decent in SA, at least on the Wii version. Demolition Troll's generally better anyway, but I wouldn't say Clobber Troll is bad. Definitely awful in SF, however. SA is generally the easiest of the games anyway...

By the way, I forgot to say this before: I like Boom Jet. I think his design is cool and while his gameplay isn't the greatest, it's still good, imo. I like his ranged attacks alongside his devastating Mach 1. Ace Gunner Jet is actually one of my favourite bottom halves because it offers nice options to many top halves- a fairly decent ranged move and a great melee-range move, plus a very good dash. And I just like using all of Boom Jet's attacks. He can use a lot of different moves, although you don't really need to use all of them, I think it's kinda interesting. A shame that he gets next to no attention...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:42:52 04/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#10 Posted: 20:05:47 04/07/2014
Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
Boomer was one of my go to guys on Perfect Captain!

Boomer is always my go to guy! He is quite ugly, but super cool. In fact, I didn't buy him in the beginning because he was so ugly. My Walmart had loads of him when SA first came out. Finally I picked one up and fell in love with him. Now I use him and Rattle Shake for all tough situations.

I know there are some people hoping that they repose Boomer for Trap Team, but I don't. I like that he is exclusive to that game.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#11 Posted: 20:08:07 04/07/2014
Its not that they were bad per saw just boomer maybe scared kids or parents wouldnt buy him cause of his looks. Shroomboom there were just too many versions of him made and not many ppl wanted to buy him after getting him alone or in the triple. I also feel they overproducted the battle pack 1. Battle pack 2 I think fared better with having hotdog and zap as I think by its realease zap aeries 1 singles and triples were hard to find. Chop chop was easy per the 3ds game and the camo/chop/warnado packs that were coming atill into giants. Boom jets fail I think is there are alot other nicer guys to buy and hes the odd man out.
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#12 Posted: 06:56:03 15/07/2014
^ I think you swapped Ignitor and Chop Chop around. Chop Chop only had a single and a triple.
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#13 Posted: 13:01:03 15/07/2014
I adore Boom Jet, even if he is a shelf warmer now.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#14 Posted: 13:19:49 15/07/2014
I love green monsters . Boomer and Vooded were my first choices when i started playing SSA .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#15 Posted: 19:53:47 15/07/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I love green monsters . Boomer and Vooded were my first choices when i started playing SSA .

Yeah, I liked them too. It seems that with the newer games they have avoided scary or "evil" looking skylanders.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#16 Posted: 23:03:06 15/07/2014
Hmm you are correct about the Giants toys but i think there is a few evil /scary looking guys on Swopforce .

Trapshadow
Freezeblade
Stinkbomb
Night Shift
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#17 Posted: 23:04:34 15/07/2014
Quote: Graz73
Quote: Dark fhoenix

Yeah, I liked them too. It seems that with the newer games they have avoided scary or "evil" looking skylanders.

fist bump begs to differ
#18 Posted: 00:09:26 16/07/2014 | Topic Creator
smilie seconds that. He looked evil to the point his bio even explains he was meant to join Kaos, but joined the Skylanders instead. Are we forgetting something here? The whole idea of Skylanders is to show that anyone can be a Skylander no matter how old, weird, ugly, or even evil at one point a character is. They even said that in one of the interviews for some of the games. Also there's a moral in how one may look evil, doesn't mean they are bad and even vice-versa.
---
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#19 Posted: 22:22:18 16/07/2014

I was once told (off the record, so I can’t say from whom – but someone from TFsmilie that Boomer and Ghost Roster sold extremely poorly because younger children thought they were ugly or scary. Because of that, Boomer and Darklight Crypt weren’t “reprinted” like the other Skylanders were – the 'first run' of the figures stuck around on pegs and didn't get replaced. Eventually those figures sold out and there were no new ones to replace them, while new figures of the others kept rolling in. Hence why you see the old figures around still and Boomer/Darklight is a pain to get a hold of.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#20 Posted: 17:30:58 29/07/2014
smilie is not one of the worst characters in the game, but some people might be thinking i'm saying this because i like boomer but he is a excellent skylander and i can't see why people hate him so much. I know some people call him ugly and overstocked but sometimes skylanders are overstocked because they want other kids to get new figures especially if they look appealing to them.

For example: In my local Game store they still have a lot of smilie singles,LCsmilie and s2smilie left over from giants all reduced to about £6-£7. But all of these skylanders are all good skylanders. Every skylander has equal popularity, well mostly smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie and many others i could name.

My point that i'm trying to say is that not all skylanders are bad or overstocked. This may sound like me defending some particular skylanders but skylanders are skylanders. It doesn't matter about the popularity of some skylanders but these toys were made for kids to have fun.
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
ninjastarr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#21 Posted: 14:19:18 05/08/2014
Boom Jet's the worst, eh? Then how come every time my nephews try to beat me and my "Jag Master" (aka my Boom Jet) at an arena battle and lose repetitively? They always run away in fear when I charge up my Storm Bomb >:3 (They even gotten their own Boom Jet just to try to be awesome like me)

And the moral of this story is...
Don't judge a Skylander by his name
---
smilie Lower the BOOM on you! smilie
deviantART and Tumblr username: ninjastarrdaxeno
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#22 Posted: 04:35:59 13/08/2014
I do think Boom Jet kinda sucks, not the worst but he's just too slow to attack for me. It's ironic because this character with slow or weak attacks is voiced by ROGER CRAIG SMITH. You know, the voice of this guy:
[User Posted Image]
It's truly the only reason why I play as Boom Jet to begin with. I like making the combination Boom Bomb because he rolls into a ball when he jumps.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Heatstroke Red Sparx Gems: 19
#23 Posted: 05:29:44 13/08/2014
Quote: Tel Prydain

I was once told (off the record, so I can’t say from whom – but someone from TFsmilie that Boomer and Ghost Roster sold extremely poorly because younger children thought they were ugly or scary. Because of that, Boomer and Darklight Crypt weren’t “reprinted” like the other Skylanders were – the 'first run' of the figures stuck around on pegs and didn't get replaced. Eventually those figures sold out and there were no new ones to replace them, while new figures of the others kept rolling in. Hence why you see the old figures around still and Boomer/Darklight is a pain to get a hold of.

Wow, I didn't know that about Darklight, but it totally makes sense. Ghost Roaster is one of my favorite Skylanders, but he is definitely on the creepy side.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#24 Posted: 06:33:48 13/08/2014
I got Darklight for free with the Starter pack of SSA, luckily enough. I didn't think it would tell out as quickly as it did, and it wasn't on my priorities of packs to get.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#25 Posted: 08:03:37 13/08/2014
You can add Ka-Boom to your list smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#26 Posted: 16:08:38 13/08/2014
I doubt Kaboom won't be popular. I mean LOOK at him! Hell Boy Hulk Hogan with a Cannon!

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#27 Posted: 17:33:42 13/08/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I doubt Kaboom won't be popular. I mean LOOK at him! Hell Boy Hulk Hogan with a Cannon!

[User Posted Image]

i agree, kaboom may break the curse.
#28 Posted: 18:46:43 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah I seriously doubt Kaboom will meet the same fate. He's basically Hulk Hogan as a Skylander with a giant cannon and besides many people aren't fond of Wildfire for his design, gameplay, and especially his pure gold paint job. Kaboom has nothing to worry about and I believe he's an awesome powerhouse worthy to anyone's army.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me