Page 1 of 1
What is this? [CLOSED]
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#1 Posted: 01:47:26 04/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I found this cover art on the web that I have never seen before in my life... I wondered if this was some really rare scrapped art for the cover or a different country version because I have only seen the covers for the US, UK, and Japan versions. Does anyone know which version has this cover?

[User Posted Image]
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#2 Posted: 08:25:15 04/07/2014
Since there's no title, I'm gonna assume it's either an early idea for cover art or just a fan made cover. Also, can anyone make out what that logo on the bottom left side is supposed to be?
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#3 Posted: 17:42:25 04/07/2014
I think it's official, not fanmade, because from all the places I looked, it keeps mentioning it as cover art. My guess is that it is an official very early design of the cover art.
But now about that logo... It says "**** off Earthlings"... highly doubt that is professional. lol. Thanks to nifty and handy Google Images, I was able to find out that it is actually somebody's avatar for a German forum. Here's the link where I found the image:
http://www.fachinformatiker.de...herstellen.html

I honestly have no clue... It's so weird. O.o
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#4 Posted: 13:39:10 05/07/2014
Personally I think it looks fanmade. It only shows up on one site that lists it as cover art several times, and all other sites seem to have just pulled it from there.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#5 Posted: 14:02:56 05/07/2014
It's starting to look like it's an accepted official piece, though.

Well, it's a better piece than the other THOUSANDS of pieces that are out there right now.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#6 Posted: 05:05:42 06/07/2014
I think this is a fanmade mash up of a screenshot/art from one of the GBA games with the Playstation logos slapped on. Nothing professional would have that little alien logo on it, which is most likely a fan's ID.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#7 Posted: 07:35:41 06/07/2014
Quote: Razz
I think this is a fanmade mash up of a screenshot/art from one of the GBA games with the Playstation logos slapped on. Nothing professional would have that little alien logo on it, which is most likely a fan's ID.

It's art from the first Spyro game, I have a walkthrough for it, and it has this image on one of the pages of the book. It's not the offical Spyro walkthrough, but it's from a PlayStation magazine.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#8 Posted: 08:45:05 06/07/2014
Do you know how official this art is (like, who made it)? Because I've got all the strategy guides and multiple copies of the game discs proper (with manuals included) and I don't ever remember seeing this on or in anything that was official (though I could have forgotten it). It doesn't look like anything Insomniac styled, for sure.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#9 Posted: 12:01:13 06/07/2014
Do you know how official this art is (like, who made it)? Because I've got all the strategy guides and multiple copies of the game discs proper (with manuals included) and I don't ever remember seeing this on or in anything that was official (though I could have forgotten it). It doesn't look like anything Insomniac styled, for sure.

I took a picture of it and added it to my deviant art page, here's a link: http://stdclassics.deviantart....1?_sid=380ffe7e

I don't know who made it, and it seems to be official and Insomniac styled to me.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#10 Posted: 16:31:50 06/07/2014
I remember seeing it somewhere too. There's a lot of Spyro artwork/renders which interestingly only seem to appear in magazines. The same has happened with another game I love, where some artwork can only be found inside a random magazine promoting the game.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#11 Posted: 18:08:49 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I took a picture of it and added it to my deviant art page, here's a link: http://stdclassics.deviantart....1?_sid=380ffe7e

I don't know who made it, and it seems to be official and Insomniac styled to me.

Now that I think of it, it might be fan made, because someone could have taken the image from the magazine and made a cover out of it, but I still think it is official.
#12 Posted: 19:20:16 06/07/2014
Given that it's only ever been in the one magazine, it's probably artwork commissioned for that magazine only and not affiliated with any of the companies that made the games proper.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me