darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Frito Lay special Fire Bone Hot Dog contest
Page 1 of 1
Frito Lay special Fire Bone Hot Dog contest [CLOSED]
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#1 Posted: 06:24:59 27/06/2014 | Topic Creator
So, I recently heard there's ANOTHER frito lay contest coming up, this time: Frito Lay Hot Dog.

Proof:

I am far from happy. Its another contest Europe cant have fun with.
We either have to wait next year and whatnot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:00:00 27/06/2014 by Matteomax
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 11:27:49 27/06/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
So, I recently heard there's ANOTHER frito lay contest coming up, this time: Frito Lay Hot Dog.

Proof:

I am far from happy. Its another contest Europe cant have fun with.
We either have to wait next year and whatnot.

:/ Wow, Seriously? I cant believe they are doing it again, well, I can but i didnt expect them to. Fire Bone Hot Dog? Wow I normally dont do those frito lay contests, but wow. They should at least advertise and give away someone RARE ( i remember doing the sidekicks frito lay contest) or one that a lot of people already have... Sorry You probably have to wait. Well, dont feel bad, I probably wont do this contest smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 12:36:34 27/06/2014
Fire Bone Hot Dog flock?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 15:01:59 27/06/2014
It's a variant of Hot Dog. Here's the actual site instead of a low quality video:
http://fritolaygiveaway.com/
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#5 Posted: 17:23:10 27/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks Matteo!
#6 Posted: 18:01:45 27/06/2014
Quote: Matteomax
It's a variant of Hot Dog. Here's the actual site instead of a low quality video:
http://fritolaygiveaway.com/

Oh, Well then, I change my mind... This might be interesting...
#7 Posted: 18:09:44 27/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Anyone knowing how this "Hot Dog Variant" Looks like?
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#8 Posted: 18:42:25 27/06/2014
"One (1) Skylanders® Fire Bone Hot Dog "Treasure Hunt" character with either a green, red, or purple-flamed bone."

So, probably something like this:
[User Posted Image]
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#9 Posted: 18:52:59 27/06/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
"One (1) Skylanders® Fire Bone Hot Dog "Treasure Hunt" character with either a green, red, or purple-flamed bone."

So, probably something like this:
[User Posted Image]

Whoa.... thats cool! i hope thats what it looks like!
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#10 Posted: 19:27:49 27/06/2014
Actually, nevermind, looks like the Hot Dogs are going to be white.

[User Posted Image]
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#11 Posted: 19:54:19 27/06/2014
Exactly, NINJAsk, another promo that non-US regions will probably never get. Bite me, Activision, you still haven't released several ingame variants here. Also- assuming these are all different white Hot Dogs- it's a promo for THREE NONGAME VARIANTS OF ONE CHARACTER. THAT THEY'RE RELEASING AT THE SAME TIME. Seriously, does anyone actually want three new nongame Hot Dog variants anyway? We've already got the choice of a Series 1 Hot Dog, the E3 variant and the regular Series 2 Hot Dog.

This whole promotion is just
[User Posted Image]
I admit they look cool, but they just went way overkill making three kinds. They should have just made the green-flamed one to subtly poke fun at how similar Hot Dog and Funny Bone are, if they wanted to make another Hot Dog figure. If they wanted to release a new set of nongame variants, they should have picked multiple characters, instead of recolouring one aspect between variants of one character. Hot Dog seems to be becoming an Eruptor now: he's a character that was fairly decent, but never really outstanding, who got enough popularity to be marketable and is probably going to be shoved down our throats with re-reposes and multiple in-game variants.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 20:20:25 27/06/2014 by Arc of Archives
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#12 Posted: 04:58:21 28/06/2014
Try this again in such a way that no one's feelings are hurt.

Activision is creating these promotions in partnership with other brands (in this case, Frito-Lay). I'm sure if someone went to Activision with enough money bags and a great marketing plan, Activision would allow them to run similar promotions in a Non-US region of their choice. They might even be able to pick the character given away.

Activision employees aren't sitting around a table in a darkened room, drinking scotch, smoking cigars and plotting evil plans to keep Europeans, Canadians and anyone else from getting Skylanders figures (a.k.a. giving Activision money). It's simply business decisions.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#13 Posted: 08:21:37 28/06/2014
Activision is a corporation which means it exists as a legal document in a folder somewhere to protect the assets of shareholders.

It has no feelings to hurt .

If i need to buy things from Ebay it means Activision has failed to deliver to my neighborhood
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:32:33 28/06/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#14 Posted: 14:03:54 28/06/2014
The goal of Activision isn't to deliver to you. The goal of Activision is to make money.

Sometimes, that means delivering to you, sometimes that means delivering to Frito-Lay.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#15 Posted: 14:34:55 28/06/2014
[User Posted Image]

its silver...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#16 Posted: 14:47:38 28/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
Exactly, NINJAsk, another promo that non-US regions will probably never get. Bite me, Activision, you still haven't released several ingame variants here. Also- assuming these are all different white Hot Dogs- it's a promo for THREE NONGAME VARIANTS OF ONE CHARACTER. THAT THEY'RE RELEASING AT THE SAME TIME. Seriously, does anyone actually want three new nongame Hot Dog variants anyway? We've already got the choice of a Series 1 Hot Dog, the E3 variant and the regular Series 2 Hot Dog.

This whole promotion is just
[User Posted Image]
I admit they look cool, but they just went way overkill making three kinds. They should have just made the green-flamed one to subtly poke fun at how similar Hot Dog and Funny Bone are, if they wanted to make another Hot Dog figure. If they wanted to release a new set of nongame variants, they should have picked multiple characters, instead of recolouring one aspect between variants of one character. Hot Dog seems to be becoming an Eruptor now: he's a character that was fairly decent, but never really outstanding, who got enough popularity to be marketable and is probably going to be shoved down our throats with re-reposes and multiple in-game variants.

Someone feels me here.

You US guys just want us to stop whining.
#17 Posted: 15:14:17 28/06/2014
I want everyone to stop whining. There's plenty of US people whining about this contest as well. smilie
#18 Posted: 12:31:31 29/06/2014
Quote:
The goal of Activision isn't to deliver to you. The goal of Activision is to make money.

Exactly . We will whine and rant and complain as much as we feel like.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#19 Posted: 12:50:01 29/06/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:

Exactly . We will whine and rant and complain as much as we feel like.

They're losing money if they don't deliver to everyone.
---
#20 Posted: 15:59:20 29/06/2014
I am very happy to let Ebay have all my seas of gold .
---
#21 Posted: 16:35:56 29/06/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob
They're losing money if they don't deliver to everyone.

That's not accurate at all.

There's a potential they could make more money if they were to do a mass-release of, say, Gold Fright Rider. But, there's also the potential that the figure could come off as unwanted and sit on the shelves (like, say, Ninjini or GitD Sonic Boom). Figures sitting on the shelves means less order for new stuff from the retailers.

Meanwhile, making it limited *and* offering it to a large partner like Frito-Lay - Frito doesn't just pay Activision for the toys, but they also pay for all the Skylanders branding that they get to use all over the bags, features, etc. They get the added bonus of people *talking* about Skylanders. Having a bunch of Skylanders figures on the pegs by the video games is nice, but having tons of Skylanders artwork over in the Grocery section (and on the bags of chips in your lunch bags)... I mean, that's basically Frito-Lay paying Activision to advertise Activision's product. Normally, Activision pays to get their name out there...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me