Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Next Year Skylander Game? [CLOSED]
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#1 Posted: 05:55:38 26/06/2014 | Topic Creator
That is, if they have one, what new idea do you think they will make?
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#2 Posted: 10:25:38 26/06/2014
I would like to see a time travel story, with prehistoric looking Skylanders. Cavemen (or cavetrolls, -elfs, etc.), dinosaurs or died out mammals. Something like that.
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#3 Posted: 05:36:38 27/06/2014
^ I have wanted this idea since the beginning (Dino-Landers FTW!!!)
However, they (Acti) have had many saurian or reptilian skylanders before so…
Don't forget CHOPPER!!
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#4 Posted: 09:57:18 27/06/2014
"Gimmick-landers": big dinosaurs! XP

I'm, of course, not taking this seriously at all.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:29:48 28/06/2014 by Nightmoon
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#5 Posted: 13:23:04 27/06/2014
What is this, Transformers?
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 03:36:20 28/06/2014
We still havent seen all of trap team has to offer.

Requesting close
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#7 Posted: 05:24:09 28/06/2014
The new figures will be the Bad guys you captured in Trap Team, including Kaos.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#8 Posted: 06:08:10 28/06/2014
It's still way to early to talk about this. Close please.
---
words. letters. filler.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#9 Posted: 12:47:22 28/06/2014
Yeah realy Dragon15010 your jumping the gun a bit here....no one is thinking about the next game right now...(except Toys for Bob of course). We have only got bits of Trap Team so far...we have only seen around 10 Skylanders and 4 trapable enemies. So yes ...please just close it.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#10 Posted: 13:21:11 28/06/2014
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Yeah realy Dragon15010 your jumping the gun a bit here....no one is thinking about the next game right now...(except Toys for Bob of course). We have only got bits of Trap Team so far...we have only seen around 10 Skylanders and 4 trapable enemies. So yes ...please just close it.

i think it is a interesting, because this is the first time i have seen people(not only here but other places too) actually starting to lose a bit of faith in the skylanders franchise. changes are in the air and interesting times ahead smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#11 Posted: 13:50:08 28/06/2014
^ You obviously weren't around last year, because I saw plenty of people wanting to switch to Infinity then. And even when Giants came out, I saw people saying they liked it less than SA and that they decided to quit the franchise or cut down on it because of it. And also, tons of people- including myself- talked about the changes SF made which we thought weren't good. Might be more prominent this year than any other, especially since E3 went over poorly for some of us, but the doubt was hanging around long before TT.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:54:14 28/06/2014 by Arc of Archives
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#12 Posted: 08:46:40 30/06/2014
I think we have 3 or soon 4 games with different qualities. A little from the old, a little from the new. My only hope is that we don't get a new portal.

The problem with gamers is that any of them want every year the same game with a little different story, while the others wan't that the new game will make something new. Indifferent what the developers will make, they can't be everybody's darling.

And Disney Infinity was nice, but no comparision to Skylanders. But I don't think, that I will buy the second game. Nothing against Marvel. I like the movies and in the last year I bought the Lego Marvel Super Heroes game. But to play with the old characters only in the toy box, in contrast to the play sets a bad joke, this would be the same as we could play with the 80 old Skylanders only in the hub smilie.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:55:29 30/06/2014 by Jeriba
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#13 Posted: 17:32:00 06/07/2014
I just had an idea called "Skylanders: Evolutions". Based on the evolution system of Pokemon. It will feature eight or sixteen new skylanders with a new gimmick. As you proceed into upgrading these new gimmick skylanders, they will evolve. The physical figure will also "evolve" with it. Evolving one of these skylanders triggers a short movement of different parts of the figure to another position. It's like Bakugans opening themselves. When the figure is reset, the physical form resets. Each evolving skylander has three forms.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#14 Posted: 18:55:52 06/07/2014
I want some sort of customization feature (like weapon-swapping).
---
You can't handle MEMES
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#15 Posted: 04:13:53 07/07/2014
I'm hoping they find a way to put a cool twist on past figures. Perhaps they could have the ancestors/descendants of some of the characters. I'd like to see a futuristic version of smilie.

Quote: Windumup

Requesting clothes

Quote: TacoMakerSkys
It's still way to early to talk about this. Clothes please.

Yeah realy Dragon15010 your jumping the gun a bit here....no one is thinking about the next game right now...(except Toys for Bob of course). We have only got bits of Trap Team so far...we have only seen around 10 Skylanders and 4 trapable enemies. So yes ...please just clothes it.

Stop asking for clothes!
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#16 Posted: 04:23:55 09/07/2014
Quote: Qcumber

A little bit like swap force, but i like the idea. I got an image in my mind of ignitor and gill grunt switching their weapons.
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#17 Posted: 05:17:06 15/07/2014
Quote: Qcumber

That's what I had in mind and predict what will happen, particularly if VI are making the next game. It could be called Skylanders: Weapon Wielders or something like that
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#18 Posted: 21:30:25 25/07/2014
What about hybrid characters that are created when you place any two characters on a hybrid portal? Kind of like Swap Force, but a full integration of character features in the game.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#19 Posted: 21:35:41 25/07/2014
Sounds exactly like Swapforce.
---
words. letters. filler.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#20 Posted: 21:46:59 25/07/2014
Except for the "any" part. Two characters from any game. The new character would be similar to the two separate characters, but look unique and have different powers from either. Probably unrealistic to program that many characters, but it would revive game play for older ones. To simplify programming, the hybrids could be element matching characters upgradable individually.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:47 25/07/2014 by 4inCreation
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#21 Posted: 00:11:22 26/07/2014
anything where there is a concept more than playing a story with levels, really. I couldn't care less about the toys.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#22 Posted: 00:27:14 26/07/2014
Skylanders....in SPAAAAAAAACE!

Seriously though, I want them to do cart racing, shooter, soccer, megablocks....and unoriginal idea so they can build it quickly and cheaply. No new characters, just use the same characters we've already invested in different ways.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#23 Posted: 01:11:30 26/07/2014
Quote: melvimbe

Seriously though, I want them to do cart racing, shooter, soccer, megablocks....and unoriginal idea so they can build it quickly and cheaply. No new characters, just use the same characters we've already invested in different ways.

!!DANGER!! Will Robinson ...!!!!DANGER!!!!

sorry...had to smilie
Anyways...unfortunately that will never happen....making new figures makes them money...hence the bottom line.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#24 Posted: 04:18:38 26/07/2014
1st why in the toy and merchandise place?

2nd too early to talk about this...
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#25 Posted: 04:41:55 26/07/2014
Jeeze, let Trap Team come out first before you start speculating.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#26 Posted: 10:51:59 26/07/2014
Quote: melvimbe

!!DANGER!! Will Robinson ...!!!!DANGER!!!!

sorry...had to smilie
Anyways...unfortunately that will never happen....making new figures makes them money...hence the bottom line.

I was actually thinking less 'Lost in Space', more 'Pigs in Space'. I can see them opting to have some spinoffs for a year or two before coming out with a full release. They can clear out all the toys in the meantime. Still making good profits.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#27 Posted: 12:07:32 26/07/2014
Why does someone ALWAYS make this freakn' topic even before the upcoming game releases?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#28 Posted: 12:27:53 26/07/2014
Quote: LloydDXZX
1st why in the toy and merchandise place?

2nd too early to talk about this...

Why not? Is there anything left of Trap Team we don't know? Simplistic gimmick, same gameplay as before...lots of stuff to buy.

Space would be awesome, with huge PLANETS that are aligned elementally. It would break the whole idea of these little islands, but it's not like they're strictly following any canon anyway.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:30:10 26/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#29 Posted: 19:01:22 26/07/2014
I had my own idea for space in Skylands. That it's an outer region, along the same line as the Outlands (which is part of space in my own headcanon), though calmer.
I had that idea when I tried thinking about how I'd like to make a space level, then thought exploring the innards of a sun, where phoenixes lived and- as something of a nod to The Legend of Spyro- preyed on magma worms, could be cool. It'd be a volatile place past the edge of Skylands, and you'd need to go there because I-don't-know-why. (I didn't bother developing the idea in my head- well, not for the context of Skylanders, anyway)

"Space" or something that looks very close evidently exists in Skylanders, based on Aurora Peaks, a level in Spyro's Adventure 3DS. It's not a large planet or anything, but has a starry backdrop without a single cloud, shooting stars falling onto the stage.

Also, the "sky" has to end somewhere.
#30 Posted: 19:33:02 26/07/2014
Quote: Ryanator20x6
I'm hoping they find a way to put a cool twist on past figures. Perhaps they could have the ancestors/descendants of some of the characters. I'd like to see a futuristic version of smilie.

Quote: Windumup

Requesting clothes

Quote: TacoMakerSkys
It's still way to early to talk about this. Clothes please.

Yeah realy Dragon15010 your jumping the gun a bit here....no one is thinking about the next game right now...(except Toys for Bob of course). We have only got bits of Trap Team so far...we have only seen around 10 Skylanders and 4 trapable enemies. So yes ...please just clothes it.

Stop asking for clothes!

I'm a little embarrassed. They've been going around naked all this time smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me