Page 1 of 1
I Heard This Was a Rushed Game [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 02:26:53 13/06/2014 | Topic Creator
What if Universal let the developers actually get enough time to properly make the game? You think it would have been better?
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#2 Posted: 02:32:37 13/06/2014
Oh, it definitely would have been a lot better if it wasn't so rushed. The developers wanted to get the game out on shelves for Christmas, so they really had to book it. Thus, it resulted in some unfinished frames and platforming. Heck, they were even going to have a lot more different levels and dragonflies to collect, along with more boss battles and cutscenes. Honestly if they would have just put in more effort and had more time, it could had been a fantastic game.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
Ninjastar137xx Red Sparx Gems: 12
#3 Posted: 07:24:58 13/06/2014
To be honest, they should just remake the entire game with the 120 dragonflies and 25 levels that had been planned. I think it would have been heaps better had the potential to be a great Spyro game.
---
NinjaStar137xx
Spyro will always be in my heart
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#4 Posted: 17:26:49 13/06/2014
Quote: Ninjastar137xx
To be honest, they should just remake the entire game with the 120 dragonflies and 25 levels that had been planned. I think it would have been heaps better had the potential to be a great Spyro game.

This. I'm especially gutted about the Emerald Forest level - That sounded amazing.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#5 Posted: 06:55:16 14/06/2014
Actually, I think the game was never planned to have 25 unique levels. I think the developers were just counting Minigames as levels. If you count every "level" in the game(Minigames and the levels themselves), you get 25 counting the HUB. It would be 28 if Enchanted Forest were to be included. Including The Boss is 26 total. The developers probably didn't treat Minigames as side levels and counted them to make the press think there were a lot more levels than they had. The game could have been a masterpiece if the developers weren't so lazy later on during development. The game was playable as early as March 2002 and instead of working on stuff to fix bugs, they touched up some visual stuff, possibly continued work on Enchanted Forest, fixed up the script a bit, and played around with music for a very long time. If they were given another year, I'm sure the game would be the best Spyro game to date.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#6 Posted: 08:43:09 14/06/2014
You heard right, mate. I think it would've been a helluva lot better if it wasn't rushed! But sometimes it is fun seeing how screwed up a game can actually be.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#7 Posted: 01:03:29 28/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar
But sometimes it is fun seeing how screwed up a game can actually be.

Skate 3. smilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#8 Posted: 12:08:14 02/07/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107

Skate 3. smilie

Try Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing

Title doesn't lie, you can race- err, drive- over the road, if you catch my drift.
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#9 Posted: 15:30:49 02/07/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Quote: LocoGuy107

Skate 3. smilie

Try Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing

Title doesn't lie, you can race- err, drive- over the road, if you catch my drift.

That game is so hilarious. smilie It makes you wonder if they ever actually did test it, or if they just gave up and released it saying "Who cares!"
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#10 Posted: 16:45:07 02/07/2014
yes

Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#11 Posted: 00:10:50 01/09/2015
Oh yes indeed was this a rushed game!Enter the Dragonfly was supposed to have 120 dragonflies, feature both Gnasty Gnorc and Ripto as villains, Crush and Gulp as Mini-bosses, over 25 levels with several homeworlds, high framerates and low loading-times. In short, it would have been an amazing game. Then it got rushed out the door for a Christmas release.

It really disappoints me when developers, or in this case Vivendi Game Studios, completely rush bombs games for a Christmas/Black Friday schedule. It doesn’t leave time for polishing, and ruins games that could’ve been a classic, or surely much better than what became of. Don’t they ever learn it never works?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me