Page 1 of 1
Playing the game [CLOSED]
SoraZero Green Sparx Gems: 109
#1 Posted: 13:46:26 06/06/2014 | Topic Creator
As title says, I'm playing the game, and in spite of the many negative comments I've read so far, I'm liking it.
Sure it's missing some of the "magic", the "wow" of the first one, but its slightly harder, if not on fights, at least secret stuff is sure less easy to find.
Also, having more Skylanders to try and develop is a nice plus.

The only complain I have so far (but it's my fault as I should had stick to xBox version) is that PS3 version doesn't installs on HD and every new Skylander I put on the portal has to be loaded from the BR.
---
155 characters are way too few to write anything relevant...
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 13:58:38 06/06/2014
I don't understand why they rely so much for BR. THere IS a way to install most of the game and simply require it and certain points for "verification" if they are worried about it being used on multiple systems.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 22:31:32 06/06/2014
Nothing wrong with giants game . Better graphics , level select and arena combat .

Some of the Skylanders shrink a little bit to make the giant looks bigger but its all fun fun fun .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#4 Posted: 21:46:35 07/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I've just got Slam Bam (Giants). Wow, it's great fun to use! Also, love when he starts humming smilie
Up to now, It's the Skylander I like playing the most, along with Bash. Speaking of him, I've got SSA version, is it its Wow Pow any good? It can justify alone the purchase of Giants' Bash? I'm trying to get as less duplicates as possible.. smilie
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:49:33 07/06/2014 by SoraZero
#5 Posted: 08:49:28 08/06/2014
Wow Pow,s are like Colour variants . They are trying to make the character more attractive to you if you did not care for him the first time around .

An S2 character has an extra power , reset skill path option and unlocks its heroic challenge in Giants . All things being equal an S2 is better . <At least till an S3 comes out >

All things not being equal , 2 or 3 different "obsolete" skylanders give you a bigger bang for your buck , more game time , accolades and bonuses , elemental damage . Not having to restart a level .

As you noted when attacking Kaos , the man ate through almost all your skylander warriors . Thank you I will take the swarm of oldies any day especially if I want to try giants on Nightmare mode .

I too do not want spares but i already have some . My little army is a mix of S1 and S2 .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:02 08/06/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#6 Posted: 20:51:15 08/06/2014 | Topic Creator
My little army is a mixed one, too smilie
And me too, I already have some spares, mostly because I've found variants for cheap while already had the regular one.
---
#7 Posted: 08:25:19 09/06/2014
I love Hex and Wreckingball and i too was wondering about their S2 Wow Pows but there is just so many other skylanders to buy .

This is no different from buying video games when they were new and then a couple years later these video games come out with all their DLC,s . Playing the original games i dont really feel like i am missing anything .

I am more justified getting another Erupter colour variant because he will be a different character in Lost Islands game .

For now i will try to keep to no spares unless its on a mega clearance sale .
---
#8 Posted: 12:21:39 09/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I've found a weird thing in Kaos Castle. Inside the area opened by Magic Skylanders, there's what seems the entrance of a "room", there's also a block suggesting I should be able to go in there, but once I reach it, I cannot get inside.

[User Posted Image]

I've also checked the guide here, but it don't mention it.
Maybe it's something cut during developement? (i.e. something should had been there, but at the last minute developers decided otherwise?)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:22:30 09/06/2014 by SoraZero
#9 Posted: 15:25:45 10/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SoraZero
its slightly harder, if not on fights, at least secret stuff is sure less easy to find.

I have to correct myself. Still not a hard game (on normal difficulty), but I'm starting to meet some challenging areas. I had a copule of casualities on the ghost ship, today.
Not a complain at all, some challenge is more than welcome. The more I play it, the more I like Giants over SA. I admit it has less "wow", but also it give me less the impression of being playing with auto-pilot turned on smilie
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:31:07 10/06/2014 by SoraZero
#10 Posted: 19:01:40 10/06/2014
Both games have their good and bad points . I like em equally .
---
#11 Posted: 15:35:49 14/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I've noticed that it seems that a Skylander heals himself while on a zone of same element (green hearts shows up). maybe it's just on elemental areas that need to be opened by a same-element Skylander, not every element bonded area. Is this normal, and I've noticed it only recently? Or it is unlocked in some way..?

Also, if I add Akylanders to my collection, the game says that the element (of the added Skylander) is incresing in power. What does exactly means? Maybe is what triggers the healing described above?

Thanks in advance...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:36:26 14/06/2014 by SoraZero
#12 Posted: 15:53:05 14/06/2014
When a Skylander is in his element zone , he do more damage to enemies if you have lots of the same element warriors . The damage difference is probably minor as the heroic challenge stats .

I love the free healing .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:12 15/06/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#13 Posted: 16:47:42 14/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
When a Skylander is in his element zone , he/she/it will do more damage to enemies if you have lots of the same element warriors . The damage difference is probably minor as the heroic challenge stats .

Thank you.
---
#14 Posted: 23:55:57 14/06/2014
Kay i aligned Hex with her element in the Swop Force game a couple hours ago and her blast damage jumped from 15 to 27 . Thats not too bad.

My elemental pool is ....

Hex , Chop Chop , Cynder , Eye Brawl , Roller Brawl , Rattle Shake , Fright rider , Chop Chop S2 <not sure he counts >

Another one of those classic cute subtle hints , poking and teasing us to buy .....just one more .
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:12:12 15/06/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#15 Posted: 13:12:55 20/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok, completed the game. Definitely harder than SSA, albeit not an "hard" game, just harder than previous one (left aside the final boss battle smilie).
In the end, I've enjoyed them both, still have to get a couple of gems/hats, plus complete the 3 Adventures I was able to find (obviously, I still miss the undead-themed one). But I think I'll take a pause for some time, I'm quite oversaturated with the game(s). I think I'll get back to Skylands once Trap Team will be released (don't plan to purchase it D1, the plan is getting Swap Force for cheap smilie).
Thanks for everyone helped me in this journey, with special thanks to Dark fhoenix, of course! smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:15:04 20/06/2014 by SoraZero
koralred1 Green Sparx Gems: 165
#16 Posted: 15:18:31 20/06/2014
Gamestop will have Swap Force starter packs for 50% off tomorrow 6/21/14 for Skylanders day
#17 Posted: 16:19:49 20/06/2014
How many toys do you have SoraZero ?

If you are looking for a discount Lost Islands for the smart phone and ipad is free . Cloud Patrol and Battlegrounds cost 4 or 5 bucks i think ?

I recommend Lost Islands its really really addictive <cough cough> i mean plushy .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:22:48 20/06/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#18 Posted: 19:03:20 21/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm at 38 figures now, with some duplicate characters (different versions obviously), plus various items...

I've looked at Lost Islands looks like a game of management... I don't think I want to try it, after Tiny Death Star I know what kind of huge time sink these games can become smilie

Anyway, I'll gladly take a pause to play other stuff smilie
---
#19 Posted: 23:28:25 21/06/2014
Hey i play Tiny Death star too I have 95 levels and 155 bitizens . Yup they are major time eaters.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me