darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > The most powerful/overpowered Skylander?
Page 1 of 1
The most powerful/overpowered Skylander? [CLOSED]
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#1 Posted: 18:58:26 01/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I pose a question to you all. Which Skylander (Or swap combo) do you think is the all around (pve, pvp, arenas, ect.) best? My opinion would have to be Bumble Blast, hands down, no competition. He has auto-homing, movement slowing, rapid fire attacks, and ridiculous damage. I have yet to see a "Honey Tree" BB beaten in PvP.

What would your opinion on this matter be? (The question regards the console Swap Force only, no previous games)
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 19:04:00 01/06/2014
Wrecking Ball-Total Tongue

Hey is very powerful. His tongue whap is very fast and does 55 damage per hit! In PvE the damage level for his tongue was lowered down to 40+ but it is still powerful. His disco ball does 80 damage but it doesn't last very long and his belch does 50 which is powerful as well.

His damage levels are here:

Wrecking Ball Total Tongue
Tongue Whap
SSF: 55 83
Forcefield Ball
SSF: 80 120
Power Belch
SSF: 50 75
Red Power Belch
SSF: 120 180
Digestive Detonation
SSF: 115 173
---
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#3 Posted: 21:56:04 01/06/2014
Magna Shift, dat gun with 2 more lives, killer.

Spy Rise or any combo involving either half is also overpowered, since the character is a one man army

If Story Mode counts, definetly Doom Stone, sure he's not great for PvP, but his shield blocks literally (and figuratively) everything. The only problem is Greeble Heavers, if the cursor is behind him, there is no blocking it. Also, he doesnt relfect over-head projectiles...
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#4 Posted: 03:20:42 02/06/2014
Quote: AzarianGO
I pose a question to you all. Which Skylander (Or swap combo) do you think is the all around (pve, pvp, arenas, ect.) best? My opinion would have to be Bumble Blast, hands down, no competition. He has auto-homing, movement slowing, rapid fire attacks, and ridiculous damage. I have yet to see a "Honey Tree" BB beaten in PvP.

What would your opinion on this matter be? (The question regards the console Swap Force only, no previous games)

I agree about bumble blast. Honey and bees are deadly :-D
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#5 Posted: 10:57:22 02/06/2014
Bumble Blast for stingingly obvious reasons.
CyberTails Green Sparx Gems: 484
#6 Posted: 00:49:05 05/06/2014
Depends on the version, for me:

SSA: Drobot (he makes Mince-meat out of Kaos)
Giants: Series 2 Prism Break (Pulse Power FTW!)
SSF: Grilla Shift
---
My Giants smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ryum Blue Sparx Gems: 759
#7 Posted: 22:24:14 07/06/2014
For PVE?

you guys are crazy... i mean shift is obviously good for the lives and Spy has crazy good ranged, utility and the whole heal attack should make you immortal

but OVERALL no one compares to Smolderdash for speed, attack speed, and variety of attacks

She is on par with shifts teleport on speed
Her melee attacks dish out tons of FAST dmg
Awesome ranged attack
and the has to be one of the fastest charge up attacks for massive dmg in the game

If you like speed... and high damage that's your skylander

If you like utility then there are a few swappers that are comparable

About Bumble Blasts auto aim... How that is even comparable to Pop Thorns never ending rapid release attack that also aims is beyond me

I get how BB would shine in PVP, but no way in PVE. Let me clarify There are a lot of skylanders that would be in the 8-9 stars out of 10 for PVE because there are so many repeats of types of attacks. Bumble is cool, but purely from an analytically view... 8-9 at best

Smolderdash is a 10 for sure... again assuming you don't die, don't want/need extra lives/slowed enemies which in pve you really don't

Even on the highest difficulty her speed is all the avoidance you need just like teleporting around with shift. And like I said I tested her dash vs the teleport and exactly the same distance traveled at the same speed.
For multiplayer if combined wish someone whom can drop shields like ranger, or charge, or ect... I don't know if they could make an arena game that would stop a well played smolder.

In fact an endless ever getting harder wave of enemies challenge is something SF really dropped the ball on in adding to the game. It would be really cool to see what skylanders could get to whatever level/wave
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#8 Posted: 01:58:45 08/06/2014
Popthorn is the most OP

His puffed spike shooting attack locks onto enemies and is very powerful he also has good defense when puffed up
He can escape bad situations when rolling and when you puff/unpuff he can damage enemies around him.
When he unpuffed he is fast and has a rapid fire air stream attack.
He can also leave his little spiky thing that damage enemies chasing him
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#9 Posted: 02:57:51 08/06/2014
Eh.

For Spyro's Adventure (and that game only), you couldn't go wrong with Bash. A charged Gaia Hammer does over 250 damage. Wham-Shell was also incredibly overpowered.

For Giants (again, this game only, due to nerfs), S2 Hex's Wow Pow is the most powerful attack out of all the Skylanders. It was severely nerfed in SWAP Force.

For SWAP Force? You can't go wrong with Doom Shift and Doom Rise, but Bumble Blast and Smolderdash tie in as the best non gimmick characters.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#10 Posted: 01:17:59 09/06/2014
Doom Shift! Yup
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#11 Posted: 22:36:29 09/06/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Eh.

For Spyro's Adventure (and that game only), you couldn't go wrong with Bash. A charged Gaia Hammer does over 250 damage. Wham-Shell was also incredibly overpowered.

For Giants (again, this game only, due to nerfs), S2 Hex's Wow Pow is the most powerful attack out of all the Skylanders. It was severely nerfed in SWAP Force.

For SWAP Force? You can't go wrong with Doom Shift and Doom Rise, but Bumble Blast and Smolderdash tie in as the best non gimmick characters.

Why Smolderdash? She isn't that amazing IMHO.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 23:20:11 09/06/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight
Quote: Matteomax
Eh.

Why Smolderdash? She isn't that amazing IMHO.

I really like smolderdash...
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#13 Posted: 23:58:17 09/06/2014
Bumble Blast has the most OP attacks out of the SWAP Force cores. I remember when people hated his design. Those same people are now devestating opponents I'm PVP.
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#14 Posted: 00:13:05 10/06/2014
I would say for me Popthorn has made things most easy. Also Star Strike and Bumbleblast, although I haven't really upgraded them much yet, are doing some good work.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#15 Posted: 07:06:45 10/06/2014
Star Strike can own everything and everyone.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#16 Posted: 11:24:14 10/06/2014
smilie with the ''air shooter'' path or smilie is also overpowered
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#17 Posted: 08:59:55 11/06/2014
Star Strike slays ur faves!
Reflecting every projectile and sending them back dealing a lot of damage makes her sooo powerful.
---
i am trash
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#18 Posted: 09:25:05 11/06/2014
Quote:
Popthorn is just the best skylander of all!!!

Poppy Pea is the most powerful monster in my army and he is cute too .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:27:23 11/06/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#19 Posted: 11:42:06 12/06/2014
About Bumble Blast... That is easy, ryum: Bumble Blast is a truly cheap character, at least as far as Survival mode goes (the only mode I play much now smilie). You could pick up Bumble Blast knowing nothing about the layout of the stage you are in- just the attacks of Bumble Blast- and rip everything to shreds anyway. Bumble Blast is, in my opinion, "cheap" for the same reason as Puffed Pop Thorn: auto-aiming projectiles that are powerful enough to actually kill things, meaning you barely need to think about where enemies are and avoid their attacks. And Bumble Blast's projectiles also reach further. And just like Pop Thorn he spews them out at a stupid rate. I don't know if Pop Thorn is better, but that doesn't really hamper how cheap Bumble Blast may be (it just means he's a better option for a cheap character, if he is cheap- but... Bumble Blast is still cheap, is what I'm trying to say, if there were a PVE ban list Bumble Blast would shoot right up there). I've hardly played Pop Thorn, honestly, he's just too simple to kill with for me to enjoy.

Smolderdash may have great speed and power, but she is not cheap in my opinion, and therefore does not fit into my own definition of overpowered. I think she's far more balanced than Bumble Blast, Pop Thorn, or even Spy/Rise as she requires more brainpower to use, so to say. She doesn't have one spammable attack like the former, and her moves aren't quite as powerful and don't give you the survivability the latter has while being about as complicated (relatively speaking). Of course, I have to emphasise, I haven't played Smolderdash a lot so I don't know if I'm missing something, I just didn't that she was especially powerful when I did play her.

Also, none of you mentioned Stealth Elf from SA- and the TC did not even ask for opinions about SA characters- wow! smilie She's not as broken as Drobot, but seriously, who else (aside from Bash) is? IMO the top cheapest characters from SA- in this order- are Master Blaster Drobot, Granite Dragon Bash and Pook Blade Saint Stealth Elf.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#20 Posted: 21:50:16 12/06/2014
It surprises me that not everybody says Bash
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#21 Posted: 21:18:23 13/06/2014
My most powerful character right now is Doom Blade. He's got a good mix of speed, defense, and utility, where he can slow enemies with his dash attack before using a charged slam attack. To put this shortly, things die to Doom Blade.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#22 Posted: 21:45:05 13/06/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
About Bumble Blast... That is easy, ryum: Bumble Blast is a truly cheap character, at least as far as Survival mode goes (the only mode I play much now smilie). You could pick up Bumble Blast knowing nothing about the layout of the stage you are in- just the attacks of Bumble Blast- and rip everything to shreds anyway. Bumble Blast is, in my opinion, "cheap" for the same reason as Puffed Pop Thorn: auto-aiming projectiles that are powerful enough to actually kill things, meaning you barely need to think about where enemies are and avoid their attacks. And Bumble Blast's projectiles also reach further. And just like Pop Thorn he spews them out at a stupid rate. I don't know if Pop Thorn is better, but that doesn't really hamper how cheap Bumble Blast may be (it just means he's a better option for a cheap character, if he is cheap- but... Bumble Blast is still cheap, is what I'm trying to say, if there were a PVE ban list Bumble Blast would shoot right up there). I've hardly played Pop Thorn, honestly, he's just too simple to kill with for me to enjoy.

Smolderdash may have great speed and power, but she is not cheap in my opinion, and therefore does not fit into my own definition of overpowered. I think she's far more balanced than Bumble Blast, Pop Thorn, or even Spy/Rise as she requires more brainpower to use, so to say. She doesn't have one spammable attack like the former, and her moves aren't quite as powerful and don't give you the survivability the latter has while being about as complicated (relatively speaking). Of course, I have to emphasise, I haven't played Smolderdash a lot so I don't know if I'm missing something, I just didn't that she was especially powerful when I did play her.

Also, none of you mentioned Stealth Elf from SA- and the TC did not even ask for opinions about SA characters- wow! smilie She's not as broken as Drobot, but seriously, who else (aside from Bash) is? IMO the top cheapest characters from SA- in this order- are Master Blaster Drobot, Granite Dragon Bash and Pook Blade Saint Stealth Elf.

My bf has seriously mastered Stealth Elf and rips me apart in PVP. I've only beaten him with Bumble Blast (cheap) and Trap Shift (cheap due to lives). Granted, his Stealth Elf is fully upgraded and fully leveled and I actually don't have any characters like that. All in all, if you aren't fast enough to grab ahold of Stealth Elf and do a lot of serious damage at one time, that reviving is killer.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#23 Posted: 22:15:15 13/06/2014
Cynder is OP in PVP. Her ghost trail slows and damages opponents so severely that there is nothing you can do and nowhere you can move. All she has to do is keep flashing past her opponent

Outside of that I'm going to say Freeze Ranger. That character has it all Freezing enemies, crowd control with the tornado, and he hits HARD.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me