darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Granite Crusher Dies During Ring Out
Page 1 of 1
Granite Crusher Dies During Ring Out [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 22:11:07 29/05/2014 | Topic Creator
So, I was playing in Battle Mode (Ring Out) in Swap Force Tonight...and all of a sudden it says "Replace the skylander" and I notice the lights stop working--it's Dead Jim!

I've heard of others having theirs die mid game...this is my first. Want to see if the failure rate of this specific toy is large...cause right now I'm a bit irritated. I think it's had a max of 3 hours of game time.

Anyone else have this specific character die in the game?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#2 Posted: 22:15:05 29/05/2014
Didn't Granite Crusher get rare after release?
#3 Posted: 22:18:36 29/05/2014 | Topic Creator
It was rare WHEN he was released. Not looking forward having to buy a replacement. Sigh.

Does the lights work WHEN it recognizes the RFID or do they operate independently? I find it curious that the chip AND the lights don't work at the same time.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:24:31 29/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#4 Posted: 22:49:57 29/05/2014
this is the first i heard that figure dies and cant be played again in the game... is there some timer or something in the RFID chip? how can it die??
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#5 Posted: 23:22:45 29/05/2014
I believe the lights work independent of the chip going out, at least on one figure I've seen. My brother in law has LC pop fizz, the character doesn't register on the portal, but the bottle still lights up. Unless, of course, this just means that your chip is "more burnt out" than this one.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#6 Posted: 23:41:26 29/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Eggers
I believe the lights work independent of the chip going out, at least on one figure I've seen. My brother in law has LC pop fizz, the character doesn't register on the portal, but the bottle still lights up. Unless, of course, this just means that your chip is "more burnt out" than this one.

OK, cool to know. Electromagnetic interference? Thunder storm around here tonight...both lights and chip died at same time. I've also read about metal not being around; I do have a sound bar that is dangerously close to it...3DS offers no help to "reset" since it doesn't even recognize anything.

ugh. I guess he'll make a good figurine to look at.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:13 29/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#7 Posted: 00:08:47 30/05/2014
Couldnt you call activision to complain? Won't they replace it? They replaced my portal.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#8 Posted: 11:02:59 30/05/2014
This was a huge problem with Legendary Bouncer. The first productions of him died after too much gameplay. Mine did and I was forced to get a replacement.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#9 Posted: 11:08:57 30/05/2014
so how many times did you play the thing before it died....

also is there anyone that can test the Electromagnetic interference theory will kill skylanders?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#10 Posted: 14:37:35 30/05/2014
My daughters normal Eyebrawl had this exact issue. Lights and chip died. He got played way less than 3 hours and sat tge shelf the other weeks we had him. I took him apart to see the inside. It seems that the lights were wired to the chip, but that doesn't mean anything as I know nothing of RFID tech.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#11 Posted: 16:42:53 30/05/2014
Now I'm afraid to play with my Granite Crusher.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#12 Posted: 17:45:25 30/05/2014
My daughters normal Eyebrawl had this exact issue. Lights and chip died. He got played way less than 3 hours and sat tge shelf the other weeks we had him. I took him apart to see the inside. It seems that the lights were wired to the chip, but that doesn't mean anything as I know nothing of RFID tech.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#13 Posted: 19:20:00 30/05/2014
I had a problem with my regular Crusher. Recently his light seemed to blink and go out, and the figure seems slow to be recognized. Unfortunately these days all Crushers seem to be hard to find.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#14 Posted: 00:42:11 31/05/2014
Last I heard the LED were separate from the actual chip. It's one of the reasons why less have LED's in them going forward in Skylanders.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me