Page 1 of 1
Should I get Swap Force for 3DS? [CLOSED]
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 10:15:47 27/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm thinking of getting Swap Force for 3DS. I've found an EBAY listing for £20 and it comes with the game and the portal. I am thinking of getting that or should I get it from Amazon.co.uk for the Volcanic Eruptor which is £33.

Also, is leveling up easier in the 3DS version because I really need to level up some Skylanders.

I don't have my own 3DS but I can use my brothers since he never uses it.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#2 Posted: 13:36:45 27/05/2014
lets begin with the good things first...

moneybone the new villain is pretty cool. you can add all your skylanders into the game without using the portal anymore. then you can swap on the fly and have all skylanders on the go, this is a big plus. but the volcano eruptor is the sweet deal here, i loved eruptor before in the ssa but he lost his touch in giants. but now he got upgraded in swap force with new powers and jumping, he become pretty awesome again. the new mini portal is better than the earlier 3ds mini portals. it can also be used with the other 3ds games.

when it comes to leveling up, its a bit easier. you have the skylanders in the game always and its much easier to get access to the game when other use the big tv etc...

the not that good thing...

the game was ok and a bit easy, but nothing spectacular. 8-10 hour gameplay, the two adventure packs levels are horrible compared to the console game versions. the swap zones & element zones felt pretty useless, if you compare to the console version(thats my opinion but others can vary). there are a few bugs but nothing game breaking, just a bit irritating when you get exposed to them. like fall through platforms in one of the swap zones, missing sound and sound crackle noises.

with all that said and if you love skylanders, the good out do the not so good. so i would definite say go buy it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:47:02 27/05/2014 by CountMoneyBone
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#3 Posted: 18:28:20 27/05/2014
I played through it once and then sold it. No great levels on it really made me want to play em more than once, I honestly can't remember any part in the level design. It was also very easy. The Loading of all the figures so you have them all on the fly really negates the POINT of the skylanders figures. You will never need the figures again for the game unless you wanted to transfer their character level to the toy, which has always been a pain, but became very hard to keep track of what characters data to transfer, Especially if you are playing both the console version and 3ds version at the same time.

Its an average game that is easily forgettable, and the swap zones are very boring in my mind. Didn't try the Adventure pack levels since I forgot about them, but from what I hear, they were not good.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 19:45:10 27/05/2014
The 3DS versions are entertaining, however not memorable at all. If you have the console version, it's always nice to get some more mileage out of your figures. But, the levels, as mentioned, are entirely forgettable, they pretty much blend in with the levels of all of the 3DS versions. Not one stands out in my mind. They play like a short term mobile phone game, even the "secrets" are basically just looking around obvious corners. The main new feature (other than new characters), are the Swap Force zones, which really aren't that interesting - and in some cases pretty annoying due to how some of the powers are used.

This time, for better or worse, you can load in all your figures at once for use anytime, you never have to load them in again, and the only purpose of doing so is to update or save levels you have gained.
#5 Posted: 08:04:51 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I am getting it for 4 reasons.

1. To try out a new adventure.
2. To increase some Skylanders playtime.
3. To level up some Skylanders.

I am getting the game and portal on Monday or Tuesday.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#6 Posted: 08:42:39 28/05/2014
I was wondering when you would try out the 3DS game . I am sure you will love it and how different all your skylanders play .

Boomtown is a great hub . A whole town devoted to Captain Flynn worship . Joys

Oh oh if you want to kill Money Bone in 2 seconds or less . Punch him with Eye Brawl for 4 - 6 x damage .

All the old gang is there . Cali , Hugo , Persephone and the dreaded green lock monster . smilie YAY !!!
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#7 Posted: 08:46:16 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I was wondering when you would try out the 3DS game . I am sure you will love it and how different all your skylanders play .

Boomtown is a great hub . A whole town devoted to Captain Flynn worship . Joys

Oh oh if you want to kill Money Bone in 2 seconds or less . Punch him with Eye Brawl for 4 - 6 x damage .

All the old gang is there . Cali , Hugo , Persephone and the dreaded green lock monster . smilie YAY !!!

Is Wrecking Ball good in the 3DS version?
---
#8 Posted: 10:50:16 28/05/2014
Wrecking Ball is great . His running mode is in ball form and that upgrades to damage people later . His tongue attacks are fast and strong .

The S2 wrecking ball should have a wow pow .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:56:12 28/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#9 Posted: 12:10:07 28/05/2014
dont forget volcano eruptor, he is great with his upgraded powers smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#10 Posted: 14:36:23 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
If I have a Skylander fully leveled and upgraded already will they all their upgrades in the 3DS version? Is there quests in the 3DS version?
---
#11 Posted: 14:55:48 28/05/2014
you must use the 3ds portal to upgrade you skylanders changes in the 3ds game, if you have upgraded him in the console game. the quests act more like upgrades in the 3ds game than quests in console version of the game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#12 Posted: 15:40:17 28/05/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob
If I have a Skylander fully leveled and upgraded already will they all their upgrades in the 3DS version? Is there quests in the 3DS version?

Upgrades are based on level in the 3DS game, you don't buy them like in the console. If you are the correct level then you have the ability regardless of what you bought in the console game. The only thing that carries over is their level and their hat. Gold doesn't exit in the 3DS game.
#13 Posted: 20:15:37 28/05/2014
I like how you can share levels between the console and 3DS
---
#14 Posted: 16:58:59 29/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm kinda excited to play this! A whole new experience. I'll play Wrecking Ball first.
---
#15 Posted: 22:22:02 29/05/2014
And there is two more 3DS skylanders where that came from . smilie
---
#16 Posted: 06:20:35 30/05/2014 | Topic Creator
And there is two more 3DS skylanders where that came from . smilie

I will try get those eventually.
---
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#17 Posted: 07:23:47 30/05/2014
3DS version rocks for a handheld game. All 156 skylanders that my daughter owns are all in there. I understand that thst sort of negates the toys necesity, but it is so much easier to "swap" your characters. The levels are fun if semi simple, but the swap zones are mostly different than the console. Not always a welcome change, but at least it's change. The new villain is mostly just funny, but again a nice change from Kaos. Who, unlike most people, I still love. Count moneybone to me feels like the villains from the adventure packs. Just for fun. I laughed so hard when that little itty bitty bird came out of that suit. And I hope he comes back to haunt my dreams. Lol. Ds version is a great distraction. Especially if you ride BART. JK
#18 Posted: 20:23:09 30/05/2014 | Topic Creator
If I played with them in 3DS and then put there progress on the toy, what it carry playtime over?
---
#19 Posted: 09:28:14 31/05/2014
I think the only thing your toys carry over between console and 3DS are levels . If you want to save your level on the 3DS your skylander has to be put back on the portal .

Basically the mini portal is both for Summoning and Saving level info . If you level up in the 3DS game but you dont give your Skylander a "portal wash" before you switch off , he wont show that level on the console .
---
Jmthebigman Green Sparx Gems: 490
#20 Posted: 13:50:07 31/05/2014
Grabbed a 3DS today, wont get WII version this time.
After trying my Easter Lightcore Legendary Chill it said it wont work.
Then I tried the portal with giants and it didnt load it either. After that I tried the giant and spyro portal on the giant game and it worked to load LLC... tried those portals with the SF game and the game says I need to use the SF portal... end result: cant use LLC on swap force 3ds...
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie [needs updating]
#21 Posted: 15:38:51 31/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I think the only thing your toys carry over between console and 3DS are levels . If you want to save your level on the 3DS your skylander has to be put back on the portal .

Basically the mini portal is both for Summoning and Saving level info . If you level up in the 3DS game but you dont give your Skylander a "portal wash" before you switch off , he wont show that level on the console .

Which one would you recommend after I get Swap Force? SG or SSA? I get can get them cheap on Amazon.
---
#22 Posted: 20:41:09 31/05/2014
Well those two are pretty much equal except for difficulty . If you want it easy buy giants or if you want a butt whooping buy SSA.

Giants has slightly better graphics and cut scenes and i guess more mini game challanges ?

Flynn and Hugo join you on Giants . New NPC,s sort of like Mabu druids ? join you on SSA

SSA hub is like a forest grove and very roomy.
The hub on giants is Flynns Ship and cramped., What i s funny is Persephone,s room from the console is full of sheep now .

I must say i played SSA multiple times but Giants only once .
---
#23 Posted: 20:44:24 31/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Well those two are pretty much equal except for difficulty . If you want it easy buy giants or if you want a butt whooping buy SSA.

Giants has slightly better graphics and cut scenes and i guess more mini game challanges ?

Flynn and Hugo join you on Giants . New NPC,s sort of like Mabu druids ? join you on SSA

SSA hub is like a forest grove and very roomy.
The hub on giants is Flynns Ship and cramped., What i s funny is Persephone,s room from the console is full of sheep now .

I must say i played SSA multiple times but Giants only once .

I get money on 15th June so I might be able to buy both. SG portal owners is just under £19 and SSA is under £22.
---
#24 Posted: 21:01:03 31/05/2014
get them both..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#25 Posted: 21:07:46 31/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CountMoneyBone
get them both..

I'll try...

Wrecking Ball and Stealth Elf/Hot Dog tag team!
---
#26 Posted: 21:56:53 31/05/2014
awesome team!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#27 Posted: 17:29:57 02/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I GOT IT TODAY!
---
#28 Posted: 17:50:38 02/06/2014
congratulation! smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#29 Posted: 17:55:49 02/06/2014 | Topic Creator
congratulation! smilie

Added Wrecking Ball and Stealth Elf to start off!
---
#30 Posted: 19:29:11 02/06/2014
I hope you have lots and lots of fun .
---
#31 Posted: 19:52:08 02/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I hope you have lots and lots of fun .

I've only done the first level as I am registering my Skylanders now.
---
#32 Posted: 00:38:39 03/06/2014
so what do you think of it so far?... and did you get the 3ds giants too?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#33 Posted: 05:43:39 03/06/2014 | Topic Creator
so what do you think of it so far?... and did you get the 3ds giants too?

It's great! Nah, just Swap Force. After I complete it I'll get SSA and SG.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me