darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > The portal to Charmed Ridge has been found!
Page 1 of 1
The portal to Charmed Ridge has been found! [CLOSED]
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#1 Posted: 15:49:29 22/05/2014 | Topic Creator
First off, sorry if this has already been found or is old news. I seem to always find old glitches without knowing...
Anyway, I have finally found the inactive portal to Charmed Ridge. For those of you who don't know, The Spyro games stores all the Level objects somewhere in the level. They can't just go away. When a portal is inactive(When you don't have enough eggs/orbs to unlock it and it's gone) it is moved somewhere else so you can't access it yet. Most usually, the inactive portals are located directly under the Portal's archway. A long time ago, I read a forum thread about someone who couldn't find the Portal to Charmed Ridge while doing a minimal Egg run(So they were stuck). I tried doing a minimal egg run at that time as well, and when I got to having to do Charmed Ridge, I couldn't find the portal either. Now, I have finally found it.
The reason it wasn't easy to find was that people were looking in the center of the Tower that the archway is connected to. The portal's location is actually directly under the archway. This means it is basically right up against the wall of the tower and not in the middle. Unfortunately for a Minimal egg run, upon completing the 3rd Homeworld and going to Midnight Mountain, you can only complete Crystal Islands and Desert Ruins since there's no way to swim in the air on Midnight Mountain and no way to enter the inactive portals there.

Here's a video of the portal's location. It also shows off the glitch on how to do it if somebody doesn't know!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:10:37 24/05/2014 by Slvr99
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#2 Posted: 16:26:52 22/05/2014
Ohh, nice one!! I'll like to see a video ^-^
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#3 Posted: 16:40:34 22/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Alright, when I get time today, I'll post one.
#4 Posted: 17:59:14 23/05/2014
Good to hear it!! ^-^
---
#5 Posted: 04:14:35 24/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Alright, video is up! Now all that's left is to find a way to enter the Midnight Mountain portals!
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#6 Posted: 10:38:32 25/05/2014
Sorry to crush all the happiness you have, but location of this portal was already known :/ However, it's great that you managed to find it all by yourself!
About Midnight Mountain portals, I believe it's impossible to reach them, as they are hidden inside the mountains, and there is, I believe, no way to clip inside them (but still, you might be the one to find the way!)
---
Any Osu fan here?
#7 Posted: 20:18:28 25/05/2014
Cool!! Maybe I should try this out!!
---
#8 Posted: 06:58:31 26/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wojowu
Sorry to crush all the happiness you have, but location of this portal was already known :/ However, it's great that you managed to find it all by yourself!
About Midnight Mountain portals, I believe it's impossible to reach them, as they are hidden inside the mountains, and there is, I believe, no way to clip inside them (but still, you might be the one to find the way!)

Yeah, like I said at the beginning of the post, I always seem to find old info. At least I've uploaded a video of it.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#9 Posted: 12:50:10 02/06/2014
Nice! I'll try this next time I play smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Flawlo Green Sparx Gems: 320
#10 Posted: 18:35:48 13/07/2014
This is fascinating. When I decide to do a minimal egg run, or if I'm bored one day, I'll definitely try this out. smilie
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#11 Posted: 19:35:16 13/07/2014
This is fascinating to be sure, but it was known about before. Interesting nonetheless, though smilie
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#12 Posted: 23:03:26 31/07/2014
Quote: Wojowu
-snip-

When I was trying to do a min egg run myself after finding out about the inactive portals still being in the level (I also seem to find old glitches for myself smilie) and was looking for this very portal I ended up watching an any% speedrun to figure out where it was. IIRC the portal to the Sorceress fight is directly underneath where it is normally accessed, and there is a series of (admittedly very hard) jumps to be able to glide to it (likely through a wall, though I don't remember exactly). I don't have time right now to look for it, but if you just find a video for the current world record speedrun I'm sure it will be in there
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me