Page 1 of 1
Convince Me to Buy This Game [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 01:27:57 17/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I mean, I was interested in the concept for a little while, but then I decided that it'd be the weirdest thing for me to have to collect all those little things that would look like...........I don't know how to say it, I mean, the figures would cause a MESS!!!!!!

Why should I buy this game? I mean, is it really worth spending over $100?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:28:34 17/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 07:17:19 17/05/2014
If you want to try it out you should only buy the starter pack first and see what happens from there.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 07:52:09 17/05/2014
Its not really worth buying the game. I mean, if you like collecting stuff and levelling it up and so on, then go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend the money. To be honest, the game is easy and easily completed, but if you wanna be part of this crazy Skylanders thing, go for it! smilie
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#4 Posted: 00:58:55 18/05/2014
Really the best reason you should buy this game is that it's a nice cheap way to be introduced to the Skylanders series. Over $100+ is strictly your choice. I would recommend getting the starter pack for PS3/Xbox 360 which is about $40 now. Play a few levels, get to know the guys in the starter pack (who, I might add, are not a realistic representation of the characters due to their general mediocrity). Like it? Buy one of each element so you can fully complete the game. The best thing about being behind in these games is you can take your time to move on to the next one (if you so wish).
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 16:15:52 18/05/2014
First you need to convince me to convince you to buy the game . smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:16:20 18/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 19:07:56 18/05/2014
Don't buy it. Does that work?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#7 Posted: 14:43:09 19/05/2014
just get the starterpack and one toy for each element and your good
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
SoraZero Green Sparx Gems: 109
#8 Posted: 12:46:14 21/05/2014
I have just starter set plus a couple figures. Got them second-hand for near-nothing, and I'm very amused by it. The game is quite easy (until now, at least*) but the game doesn't shine for its gameplay, imho, but for its gimmickness (if such a word exists smilie) and for its setting/bkg and all the cute/silly little details it's embedded with.

So, to reply your question: if you're curious about the game and find a copy reasonably cheap, yes get it smilie

(*just as precaution I have not reset one of the figures (Drobot, as I have two from Techno element) keeping it lvl10 as "cheat mode" just in case I would need it, but I don't think it will happen smilie).
---
155 characters are way too few to write anything relevant...
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:49:54 21/05/2014 by SoraZero
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#9 Posted: 20:02:08 21/05/2014
Quote: yelvy
Its not really worth buying the game. I mean, if you like collecting stuff and levelling it up and so on, then go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend the money. To be honest, the game is easy and easily completed, but if you wanna be part of this crazy Skylanders thing, go for it! smilie

I've said it before and I'll say it again: One And Only challenges. The game is designed to be played with multiple characters.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#10 Posted: 02:13:17 01/07/2014 | Topic Creator
$#!t, why did I make this topic...
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#11 Posted: 02:32:53 01/07/2014
The biggest thing in Skylanders for me is the amount of gameplay present within the game. There is tons of things to collect (much like the Lego games), many aspects of the levels, achievements, portal master rank, accolades, character quests, adventure packs, solo survival, co-op survival, and the list goes on. To give you a realistic idea... I bought Swap Force about two months after the release date. June 2014 and I still have multiple things to do on the game. Of course, I am a completist. However, this gives you an idea. Some may get bored of Skylanders quickly, but for me personally, it is a game that you can get plenty of hours out of. Let me add, plenty of fun hours. It is also a way to connect with kids. Both my younger sister and two brothers love the game. My wife also loves it too. We enjoy hunting the Skylanders just as much as we do playing the game. So it all depends on what you are interested in, how much time you want from a game, and how much money you are willing to spend.

I realize the post is in the Spyro's Adventure forum and I gave an example from Swap Force, but all three games are excellent. If you are looking for an introductory to the game, Spyro's Adventure is probably your best bet. If you want to jump right in without a care of lore, later characters, etc., go with Swap Force. Overall, they are all excellent.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#12 Posted: 08:04:02 01/07/2014
If you're worried about collecting the figures, you don't have to buy all of them to complete the game. You'll only need to get eight (one for each element) and three of them come with the starter pack (Magic, Water and Tech) so you'll only need to buy five more and if you also want the 3DS version, you'll get three more figures (Life, Fire and the exclusive Dark Spyro), so you'll only need to buy an Earth, an Air and an Undead. Fortunately, this game and its figures are pretty cheap nowadays because of how old it is now.

One of things I like about Skylanders is that the Skylanders' levels, upgrades, gold etc are saved on the figures, so when you use a figure in another game or save file, it will still have all those things. That's useful if you want to speedrun the game with an already fully leveled Skylander.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#13 Posted: 21:41:03 01/07/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
$#!t, why did I make this topic...

did you buy it?... or did you chicken out or something?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me