Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > From the World of Shelves: The Travelers (Chapter Three Posted!)
Page 1 of 1
From the World of Shelves: The Travelers (Chapter Three Posted!) [CLOSED]
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#1 Posted: 23:16:05 15/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Hi guys! I'm uttster13, and I have had many other stories here in the Fan Fiction section. My most recent, and best, story is Shelves. It's a about a group of Skylanders that live in a Target and explore their home and learn about the secrets their store holds. It's a pretty popular story, and I have been planning a spinoff of it for some time now.

This is a spinoff story of Shelves, with new characters and new plotlines. A group of Skylanders known as the Travelers have been exploring all of the stores in an area known as The Highlands. The Highlands is a huge area that has many stores and restaurants, almost sixty of them. They used to live in a GameStop that isn't too far from the Target in Shelves.

This group of Skylanders have traveled around the Highlands, and are still exploring the stores around them. A powerful, yet small, group, these friends have explored many new 'worlds' and places.

Characters:

The Travelers:

Gill “Red” Grunt- the leader of the Travelers. He is pretty young, learning about the very world he lives in on his travels. His nickname is “Red” because his suit got painted red.

Cynder- the only girl in the group. She is nice and caring, and always standing by the group’s side.

Guru - a Royal Double Trouble who is the “Resource Guy” of the group. He is very intelligent, having traveled a lot around the stores.

Terrafin- the muscle of the group. He’s quite strong, and his skills come handy in a fight.

Fryno- Terrafin’s best friend. He, too, is strong and dangerous. The two have gone on many missions together.

Shroomboom- a childish fellow who is always happy and eager to travel with the group. Went missing in Stink Bomb's final attack.

Other Characters:

Star Strike- She’s an ally to the Travelers. She’s been very close to Red, hence the two used to go on adventures. She currently lives in a Kohl’s near the Target and GameStop.

Beverly- A Jet Vac that left the Village in Target. He now lives in a Walmart in The Highlands. He somewhat deranged, and was held captive in Stink Bomb's prison.

Punk Shock- She lives in the GameStop, is head of the Patrol. She and Red have a brother/sister relationship.

Prickles- A depressed Pop Thorn that resides in GameStop. He mainly guards the doors at nighttime.

Torch- A laid back Sunburn who sometimes helps the Travelers. He has two major factory errors, one being the ability of flight, the other having a lighter lodged in his chest, which grants him the power to breath fire.
Villains:

Gremlin- A Pop Fizz that painted himself orange. He is quick and resourceful. He has traveled around the local stores, gaining an arsenal of odd items. On his back he has a sack of many dangerous potions. He is more of a pest than a villain.

------------

This will only last for about fifteen to twenty chapters, as it will not take place of it's parent story.

I will try to start soon. I just want to finish up some things in Shelves, and we'll be on our way!
---
A story.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 15:52:13 16/07/2014 by uttster13
#2 Posted: 01:14:29 17/05/2014 | Topic Creator
First chapter will start production once the Shelves/Travelers storyline arc wraps up!
Hopefully, it will be next week!
---
A story.
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#3 Posted: 01:25:01 17/05/2014
I'm here! Again!
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#4 Posted: 01:21:05 18/05/2014
I think I know who the mystery villain is
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#5 Posted: 17:40:32 27/05/2014
Can this start today?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
Smolderdasher37 Green Sparx Gems: 291
#6 Posted: 01:05:10 05/06/2014
I liked Shelves, so I think that I'll like this, too. Also, thanks for adding Star Strike. smilie
#7 Posted: 23:05:22 05/06/2014
Is Manwind gonna be part of this story?
#8 Posted: 20:16:07 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
The story takes place before the big story arc, so Shroomboom is still there, while Crusher is not. Hope you enjoy the first chapter!

Chapter One:
Enter the Highlands

It was a beautiful day, and this time, we can see it. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, and birds were flying: so was a car. And it was crashing into a local GameStop. "AAHHHH!" yelled Red happily, as this was the third time it had happened this week. Guru sat beside him, terrified. He was trying to scream, but nothing would come out. Shroomy and Cynder sat in the back, shouting happily like Red. Now Terrafin and Fryno were a different story: they both sat on the roof, throwing firecrackers in the air. As the car starting dropping, Guru passed out, and it was quickly falling into the store window. "Brace for impact!" yelled Terrafin, as he and Fryno quickly got into the car. Within a couple seconds, the car had crashed through the window successfully.

Red and the team got out of the car, when Punk Shock ran up to them. "What the frosting is wrong with you?!" she yelled, crossing her arms. Red just smiled, and handed her a tube of caffeine. "The other stuff you needed is in the trunk." said Red. "Why'd you have to crash through the window?" asked Punk Shock. "It's fine. The employees will just think it's those kids who threw rocks at the window again." said Terrafin. "I don't remember any kids throwing rocks." said Cynder. "It never happened. The dynamic duo made it up." said Punk Shock. "I like Batman." said Shroomy, and threw a pretzel like it was a Batarang. "Come on, we have work to do." said Punk Shock. She and the team went to the Wall, which was guarded by Prickles. "Do you want to come in." said Prickles glumly. "How are you, Prickles? Isn't it a great day to live?" said Fryno, teasingly to the depressed Pop Thorn. "If you say so. Just go inside." Prickles said.

The Skylanders entered the Wall, which is like a city built on a two-dimensional plane. (Like Terraria) Punk Shock led them to a workstation, where Guru would work on making... stuff. What stuff, you ask? The world will never know. "If Guru is going to work his little 'powers', shouldn't he be here?" asked Cynder. "Ah crap, we left him in the car." said Red. "Again." chimed in Terrafin. Fryno ran out to go get the wizard, who was still asleep in the car. The group entered the workstation, which was littered in papers, wires and... things. Before you ask, I don't know. I'm just the narrator.

------------

Red and Punk Shock sat at a table with a couple other Skylanders. One of them was Torch, the flying, fire-breathing lunatic. Another was Commander Stumpy, a Stump Smash with no legs. And the other was Shirley, the elderly Sprocket. They were the ragtag leaders of GameStop and the Patrol. "As you all know, the threat of Stink Bomb is rising, with an all out war recently happening at Target." said Punk Shock. "Send your men and kill him. It's as easy as that." said Shirley. "No, it's not. We can't take him down alone, and we need to recruit at least a hundred more men if want to win." said Red. "Well, let's go on a recruiting mission. You two, the Travelers, and a couple members of the Patrol." said Com. Stumpy. "I don't know about that." said Punk Shock. "Is this about my legs? Huh? Is it? Just because I'm missing half my body means nothing. I'm a regular person to." said Com. Stumpy, who is very territorial of his situation. "Okay, you know what, SHUT UP!" yelled Torch. "It's okay, Stumpy. Just because we all hate you, you can still live a good life." said Shirley. Punk Shock picked up her radio. "We need men to take away Shirley and Stumps." she said. "You got it." said a trooper. Four soldiers came in and carried them away. In the distance, Com. Stumpy yelled, "IT'S ABOUT MY LEGS!"

End of Chapter One

Author's Log:

That took while. Hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks for reading, be sure to drop off a comment, and tell your friends!

Well I Guess This- "IS ABOUT MY LEGS!"
---
A story.
terrafin2299 Ripto Gems: 3418
#9 Posted: 20:34:52 11/07/2014
I love it!!! I don't know who I like more, shard or terrafin
#10 Posted: 20:35:57 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
*Dramatic piano music*

I'm sorry, you are forced to choose. smilie
---
A story.
#11 Posted: 20:37:12 11/07/2014
it's like choosing between watching Netflix our listening to Pandora
#12 Posted: 20:38:27 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
*Pulls out gun*

I'm afraid I'll have to shoot you if you don't choose.
---
A story.
#13 Posted: 20:39:23 11/07/2014
ahhh, Netflix
#14 Posted: 20:41:05 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
*Cocks gun*

I'm gonna do it!

*Points it at terrafin2299's head*

Don't make me!

Three, two, one-
Nah, I'd never shoot one of my readers. You are safe...for now. smilie
---
A story.
#15 Posted: 20:42:28 11/07/2014
* screams internally* shard!!
#16 Posted: 20:43:03 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Oh, okay then.
---
A story.
#17 Posted: 20:44:46 11/07/2014
you should make him join dune bug... group-thingy
#18 Posted: 20:46:14 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
You never know.
Of course, you never heard him speak, so no one knows anything about him, except that he uses glass shards to fight enemies.
---
A story.
#19 Posted: 20:46:59 11/07/2014
which is really bada**
#20 Posted: 20:47:24 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Yes. Yes it is. smilie
---
A story.
#21 Posted: 21:04:45 11/07/2014
much better than knockout terrafin
#22 Posted: 21:06:09 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Ooh! Ooh! What if I give him one claw thing to put on one of his hands, and he can use the glass with the other?
---
A story.
#23 Posted: 21:07:44 11/07/2014
no, that's boring, give him like wolverune claws, three on each hand
#24 Posted: 21:08:29 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
That's what I meant.
---
A story.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#25 Posted: 21:08:31 11/07/2014
How about he wears a spiked gauntlet?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#26 Posted: 21:09:44 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
With a blade were his fin would be!
---
A story.
#27 Posted: 21:10:03 11/07/2014
maybe 84, sorry uttster I thought you meant like the glove like knockout has
#28 Posted: 21:11:43 11/07/2014
Yes!! that would be epic, and glass teeth
#29 Posted: 21:12:12 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Eh, it's fine.
I feel like we are making a simple villain into the next big threat.
---
A story.
#30 Posted: 21:13:16 11/07/2014
no!! he'll turn good and be a great force
#31 Posted: 21:14:53 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
We can't have two good Terrafin's.
---
A story.
#32 Posted: 21:17:13 11/07/2014
kill off the other one and replace him with a slam bam. shard is just so much cooler
#33 Posted: 21:18:11 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I can't do that!
I've already added him in the story.
I've gotta go, I'll be on later!
Bye!
---
A story.
#34 Posted: 21:21:46 11/07/2014
bye, hey, Sunday's my one year anniversary. message me and we'll chat
#35 Posted: 22:03:57 11/07/2014
Awesome!
#36 Posted: 15:24:04 12/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter Two:
Recruitment: Walmart

Red and the gang got in their vehicle, along with Punk Shock, while Torch was going to fly above them. They were going on a mission to recruit members for the Patrol, an organization that protects all the stores, except for the unlucky Target. Their first stop was to the Walmart, which had a good amount of Skylanders. Guru was left behind this mission, so he could work on his “stuff”, and because he swore to never step foot in a car that was driven by Red. Something was different about this mission though: it was daytime. You see, most things done by the Skylanders was done at night, because it is dangerous for a Skylander to be out during the daytime. “This is exciting. We don’t get to go on missions during the daytime much.” said Cynder. “It’s nice to be outside and see the sun. I was worried that I was gonna malfunction from lack of light.” said Red, trying to make a joke. “Don’t do that. You aren’t funny.” said Punk Shock empathetically. “Blue camels. I hear the blue camels speaking to me.” said Shroomy. “That’s nice.” said Cynder.

The car arrived at Walmart, so Terrafin and Fryno went ahead on in to make sure the entrance was clear. Fryno ran back to the car. “Area’s clear. But I don’t know how far we can get without any humans spotting us.” he said. “Well, it’s the only shot we got.” said Red. He hopper out of the car, grabbed his harpoon, and went off towards the store. “Why does he get so full of himself?” asked Cynder. “It’s his ego. I bet it’s almost bigger than a human.” said Punk Shock. She and the others followed Red to the entrance. Terrafin stood at the door, waiting for the others to arrive, when an elderly lady came out with a buggy full of cat food. She keep muttering to herself, “They thought I was one of those crazy cat ladies. Why do they think I have cats? I wasn’t buying this for cats, it’s for me. My food. Not cats.”

“What’s wrong with that old woman?” asked Shroomy. “Oh, well, all humans are like that.” answered Cynder. “Silly humans. You made human food for a reason.” said Shroomy. Terrafin was waiting impatiently for the girls and Shroomy to arrive. “Are all girls like this?” he asked Red. “I’m pretty sure. But hey, they look at us like idiots when we talk about our stuff.” Red answered back. They finally got up to the doors. “Took you long enough.” said Terrafin. “Shut it.” said Punk Shock, and she hit Terrafin in the face with her crossbow. “Ooh, that’s gonna leave a mark.” said Fryno. Terrafin sighed.

------------

Punk Shock gathered a group of Skylanders that seemed fit for the job. “So you’re sayin’ that you want us, to protect you?” said one of the Thumpback’s. “No, we want you to help us take down an army of bombs that are out to kill all of the Skylanders in the Highlands.” said Punk Shock. “Not interested.” said the Thumpback. He and five other Skylanders walked away. “Are you in?” Punk Shock asked a Wrecking Ball. “The names Ball. James Ball.” said the Wrecking Ball. Punk Shock just walked away, while Red came up to her, with thirty men ready to join. “You got all of them to join?” asked Punk Shock. “Yeah. I offered them a gun and a firecracker.” said Red. “I hate working with trolls.”

End of Chapter Two

Author’s Log:

Recruitment sucks.
Especially with trolls.

Thanks for reading!
Be sure to drop off a comment!
And if you kindly would, spread the word!

Well I Guess That Wraps It Up!
---
A story.
#37 Posted: 16:05:21 12/07/2014
So, Trolls are Boomers right?

If so maybe the Spanish boomer was returned at Wal-mart and he returns
#38 Posted: 16:20:20 12/07/2014
Cool!
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#39 Posted: 16:55:45 12/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Epic popthorn
So, Trolls are Boomers right?

If so maybe the Spanish boomer was returned at Wal-mart and he returns

Trolls are Boomers.
But this story takes place right before the crossover, so Boomer is still at Target with the group.
---
A story.
#40 Posted: 15:51:41 16/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter Three:
Recruitment: Kmart

The Travelers stood outside Kmart to recruit Skylanders for the Patrol. Torch was over here scouting the area while the group was over at Walmart. “Listen, we probably won’t get many recruitals here. They don’t have a big Skylanders section here.” said Torch. “Let’s try to get ten, okay?” confirmed Punk Shock, as they headed into the store. “If I can get thirty again, then I’ll beat you by sixty-one!” happily shouted Red. “I’ll get all the recruitments here. You’ll get nothing.” said Punk Shock. As they all walked in, Red found a Skylander, talked to him for a second, then went back over to Punk Shock. “Sixty-two.” he whispered in her ear.

Cynder was with Shroomy at the Toy Isle. “I like that one. And that one. Oh, and those five. And that whole shelf.” said the child. They were all the same stuffed panda. The two walked along, until a crazy Trigger Happy came over. “Hi. I’m Clarence.” he said really fast. “I’m Cynder.” said Cynder uneasily. “Cool. I’m Clar-SHUT UP!” he quickly yelled. “Sorry, I’m talking to Simon.” he apologized. “Simon?” asked Cynder. Clarence turned around, and on his back was a Trigger Snappy stapled to him. “Hey.” he said. “Whoa, that guy has a baby on his back!” yelled Shroomy. Clarence turned and faced the two. “Yeah. It’s a factory screw-up.” said Clarence. “He hates me.” yelled Simon. “SHUT IT.” yelled Clarence. “Hmmm, well it looks like you have quite a predicament.” said Cynder, slowly backing away. Terrafin and Fryno jumped from the top of a shelf. “We found him!” yelled Terrafin. “No! No! No! Not you two again.” said Clarence. “Hey guys.’ said Simon. “Terrafin, Fryno, what did we say about teasing people before we left?” asked Cynder. “It’s not nice. How would you like it if someone treated you like that.” they said in unison. “Sorry about that, guys. Come with us. We might be able to separate you two.” said Cynder. “Blue camels. I can hear them.” whispered Shroomy.

Red and Punk Shock were fighting over recruits. “Me or her. We have cookies.” said Red. “I have Kool Aid.” said Punk Shock. “I can get that, and packets of sugar.” said Red. “Deal. The twelve of us will join you.” said a Pop Fizz, with the whole selection of Kmart Skylanders behind him. “Seventy-four.” Red whispered in Punk Shock’s ear. Cynder and the guys caught up with the two. “I have a guy.” said Cynder. “See? Even Cynder’s beating you!” yelled Red happily. Clarence turned around. “Whoa! Now she is beating you by two!” said Red. “This strange woman said you can separate us.” said Clarence. “You, with the sword, give it here.” said Red. An Ignitor handed him his sword. Terrafin pushed Clarence and Simon to the sword. “One, two, three! Hi-yah!” yelled Red, as he put the sword in the middle.

On the ride home, they took Clarence and Simon with them. Terrafin was on the roof, swung his head down and said, “Wow. The freaks are still together, and you broke a sword.” Red frowned. “Hey, a least I recruited some new soldiers.” said Red, looking at Punk Shock. She hit him with her signature move: a hit to the face with a crossbow.

End of Chapter Three

Author’s Log:

I’d join any army if they’d give me Kool Aid and cookies.

Thanks for reading!
Be sure to drop off a comment!
And if you kindly would, spread the word!

Well I Guess That Wraps It Up!
---
A story.
#41 Posted: 15:55:32 16/07/2014
Ooh, cookies!
---
#42 Posted: 01:07:55 17/07/2014
Ha, while I was reading this I was eating cookies and drinking kool-aid smilie
#43 Posted: 19:39:53 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Sorry for no chapters, but this will end because it just isn't working out for me. Maybe one day I'll try to revamp it, but for now, it's going to close.
---
A story.
#44 Posted: 19:57:34 08/08/2014
Dammit... Okay.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me