Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Aquaria Towers - Underwater Puddle?? [CLOSED]
lolwhut Emerald Sparx Gems: 4137
#1 Posted: 01:34:18 25/04/2014 | Topic Creator
So I assume everyone knows about the glitch in this level that allows you to swim out of bounds, and I was tinkering around with that, and as I was swimming further and further down, I saw some odd water textures??? I don't know what's up with those, but I guess it's a glitch? Has anyone seen this before?
---
DeviantArt: ThatSketchyDragon
#2 Posted: 02:06:38 25/04/2014 | Topic Creator
So I checked the puddles a couple of times, and apparently you can swim in them! Dogpaddle, at least. If you submerge in the puddle, you die for some reason.
---
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#3 Posted: 02:40:18 25/04/2014
Quote: lolwhut
So I checked the puddles a couple of times, and apparently you can swim in them! Dogpaddle, at least. If you submerge in the puddle, you die for some reason.

Gap logic. You "fell" in a gap.
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#4 Posted: 11:35:32 25/04/2014
Yeah, I've seen them. I put the glitch in my Glitching series for Spyro 2. If you wanna see that, check part 2 in my thread.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#5 Posted: 11:41:14 25/04/2014
Yeah, I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that the game keeps those water puddle heights "stored" in locations that you aren't supposed to reach and then "pulls them up" when you raise the water levels. Eggs, and I believe locked Portals, are stored similarly in Spyro 3 and hidden in places like underneath levels. I know the Yin Yang egg is supposed to be stored beyond the edge of the Super Bonus Round Sorceress Arena, as people have posted about that before here, and someone posted about doing a Spyro 3 speedrun once and mentioned how Portals were stored underneath the ground. I don't know why you would die when diving into those puddles, though, unless the location they're placed in is just above the spot of the level where you die(from what I understand each level has a height set where you will die if you touch there, and I believe that includes Aquaria Towers). Anyway, Spyro 2 might do the same for the water levels in Aquaria Towers, although I don't know.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:43:46 25/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#6 Posted: 14:51:35 25/04/2014
Yeah, the puddles of water are stored below the level and when the water is activated, it moves them up. When the last switch is activated, they all move back down because you swim through almost the whole level. Also, some people don't know this as much, but Spyro 2's locked portals ALSO are moved under their portal just like Spyro 3. Unfortunately since there's no swimming glitch in Autumn Plains, you cannot skip Zephyr or Shady Oasis. But you can have an Orbless run of the game and skip the levels that require Orbs like Cloud Temples, Metropolis, and even any Speedway!
#7 Posted: 15:23:50 25/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Okay I'm back, this time with visual evidence.

Here you can see the puddle from a distance...
[User Posted Image]

And here you can see that you can actually dogpaddle in the puddles as usual.
[User Posted Image]

Quote: Arc of Archives
Yeah, I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that the game keeps those water puddle heights "stored" in locations that you aren't supposed to reach and then "pulls them up" when you raise the water levels. Eggs, and I believe locked Portals, are stored similarly in Spyro 3 and hidden in places like underneath levels. I know the Yin Yang egg is supposed to be stored beyond the edge of the Super Bonus Round Sorceress Arena, as people have posted about that before here, and someone posted about doing a Spyro 3 speedrun once and mentioned how Portals were stored underneath the ground. I don't know why you would die when diving into those puddles, though, unless the location they're placed in is just above the spot of the level where you die(from what I understand each level has a height set where you will die if you touch there, and I believe that includes Aquaria Towers). Anyway, Spyro 2 might do the same for the water levels in Aquaria Towers, although I don't know.

Quote: Slvr99
Yeah, the puddles of water are stored below the level and when the water is activated, it moves them up. When the last switch is activated, they all move back down because you swim through almost the whole level. Also, some people don't know this as much, but Spyro 2's locked portals ALSO are moved under their portal just like Spyro 3. Unfortunately since there's no swimming glitch in Autumn Plains, you cannot skip Zephyr or Shady Oasis. But you can have an Orbless run of the game and skip the levels that require Orbs like Cloud Temples, Metropolis, and even any Speedway!

You two make a valid point. Portals are actually stored under the ground while they are inactive (at least in Spyro 3, anyway. I didn't know they did this with Spyro 2), so it would make sense for other objects to be stored below the level too. And perhaps, every single level has the same base height (where if you fall to the base, you die) and the creators of the game just build up beyond that point. I get the feeling they do that with the sides and top of the level too, because in most levels that have a swim in the air glitch, if you swim too far out or upwards, you die. (The same happens in this level, if you swim too far out, you die.)
---
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#8 Posted: 20:14:31 25/04/2014
It's funny how this is the only Spyro level that makes you feel like Spyro's an aquatic dragon. That being said, how long do you think he can stay in there without a breath to take?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:59 25/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#9 Posted: 20:44:51 25/04/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro

Quote: Slvr99

You can also use it to get the Infinite Fireball! You have to Double Jump out of the boundries in Dragon Shores (which is a pain) and then swim in water that's outside of the level. Then you can glide under the powerup and hover when you're just below it and then BOOM. Fireball.

I tried something like that once.

...It didn't go so well smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me