Page 1 of 1
Japanese version [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#1 Posted: 07:08:00 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Does anybody have it? What's it like? From what I've seen from the video below, it's quite annoying and didn't sell well in Japan.

---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2 Posted: 21:20:29 22/04/2014
I have it (the physical disc, not the ISO). I have only one major problem with the Japanese version (two if you include the wretched camera/perspective).

IT'S. SO. DARN. SLOW.

Honestly, it's ridiculously slow in comparison to the other versions. There are several other differences too, but I can either live with them (signs) or prefer them (Spyro's additional grunts/dialogue). Also, Sparx remaining green was a little frustrating at first, but I got used to it.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 20:07:45 23/04/2014
It's crap compared to the original versions of the game, why didn't they just leave it how it was meant to be played? Or just left it completely. I mean, the Japanese version of Spyro 2 doesn't have all the weird camera angles I'm pretty sure.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#4 Posted: 23:53:39 23/04/2014
From what I understand, these changes were made to the Japanese version because of Japanese apparently being prone to "Motion Sickness" and "Getting lost in 3D worlds". I guess the Japanese play testers got sick from the fast camera. Maybe they were playing on the Active mode... And that would make the Japanese version play on 'In-active mode'! I don't even know if that made sense since I can't remember if Spyro 1 even had those Camera Options. Well anyway, the signs were because of the "lost in 3D worlds" thing. The signs are apparently telling the player where to go next as if they are little babies and can't see far out in the beautiful Multi-LOD engine made for Spyro. I'd say if the Japanese got the regular game with an option to slow the camera or fine tune the speed, it would have sold a lot more.
#5 Posted: 10:07:42 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Slvr99
From what I understand, these changes were made to the Japanese version because of Japanese apparently being prone to "Motion Sickness" and "Getting lost in 3D worlds". I guess the Japanese play testers got sick from the fast camera. Maybe they were playing on the Active mode... And that would make the Japanese version play on 'In-active mode'! I don't even know if that made sense since I can't remember if Spyro 1 even had those Camera Options. Well anyway, the signs were because of the "lost in 3D worlds" thing. The signs are apparently telling the player where to go next as if they are little babies and can't see far out in the beautiful Multi-LOD engine made for Spyro. I'd say if the Japanese got the regular game with an option to slow the camera or fine tune the speed, it would have sold a lot more.

Only Japan. smilie
---
oh my god
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#6 Posted: 14:57:50 24/04/2014
I never played it, nut I think some of those comments were just a little uncalled for. I don't think the additional functions were a bad idea, but they should have been optional - "Easy Mode" or something. Not that I found the game difficult.

As for the camera, I've gotten slight motion sickness playing the game a couple of times, so I see why they might have done that.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
#7 Posted: 08:32:51 25/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
Dr. Shemp is named Dr. Cool in the Japanese version, and I think that's amazing.

that name tho
---
oh my god
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#8 Posted: 13:34:53 25/04/2014
That's kinda sad in my opinion, as the name Shemp has a really interesting involvement in the Spyro series.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#9 Posted: 14:45:26 25/04/2014
Quote: Darchangel
That's kinda sad in my opinion, as the name Shemp has a really interesting involvement in the Spyro series.

Yeah, I love how Insomniac uses it. I've even use it myself for game production!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:45:45 25/04/2014 by Slvr99
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#10 Posted: 00:30:21 27/04/2014
I have the japanese version, but I haven't play it for a while....
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#11 Posted: 02:42:51 27/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SamXala

If you play it, tell us how it is! smilie
---
oh my god
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#12 Posted: 04:19:59 27/04/2014
dang that sucks
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#13 Posted: 19:03:07 30/04/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar

I think I'll made a video about it, or maybe a Let's play, if I have some free time of course >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#14 Posted: 06:30:46 05/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar

I think I'll made a video about it, or maybe a Let's play, if I have some free time of course >.<

Cool okaysmilie
---
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me