Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
About "SLOW SIGNS" in the beta? [CLOSED]
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#1 Posted: 01:33:06 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
What was this string supposed to be? It's right before "SUPER BONUSRIPTO" (Which, in order of the game, is after. And in case you don't know, SUPER BONUSRIPTO is Ripto's Lair if I'm correct.). What was this? Dragon Shores? Test text or something? Removed Level? BTW, I've found multiple strings of text in the beta that I've never seen anywhere before. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share them!
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2 Posted: 21:21:44 22/04/2014
I'd love to see them, if that's okay! I have a lot of interest in this kind of stuff smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#3 Posted: 22:29:50 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Alright then! I'm gonna skip level names because those have already been shared online(Except for SLOW SIGNS). I'll start with Global stuff(Stuff used all throughout the game):

JUMPERS
PIGEONS
CARS
BOATS
ARCHES
RINGS

^ These are the objects for the Speedways. The first two are from Metro Speedway and the last four seem to be from Ocean Speedway. These are the only ones present in this demo.

YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS GLOBE.

^ This is actually very cool. This shows off what the early name for Orbs are. Orbs were called Globes earlier in development and for the Demo, Insomniac must have changed the name you see when you collect an Orb from Globe to Orb, and didn't change this string since you can't see it in the demo.

Now let's see some Skelos Badlands strings:

Please help us again, Spyro! Those lizards are really scary!

^ This string is used, but in this demo, it appears twice. One of them is Commented out(With a #) so maybe it was just from an earlier point of development where these strings were different? Possibly related, there are multiple takes of this string in the voices.

fairy: Hey Spyro! Did you know that the X button makes you jump?
daisy: Hold still for a second and I'll save your progress for you.

^ This is another interesting feature removed before the Demo. Apparently Fairys would talk to you similarly to in Spyro 1 or how Zoe does in this game at certain points, except every fairy would talk. Probably removed due to it being annoying. Speaking of Zoe, the fairys that talk to you are not named Zoe, they have random names fit for a fairy.

I only found one unused Sunny Beach(Or Aquaria Beach) string besides the ones already known by talking to the NPCs:

sparkle: tee hee hee

^ This is another fairy string. This appears multiple times in the strings. These strings might have been for all the fairys in Aquaria Beach. Now this would have been annoying...

That's all I found! There might be more stuff in the demo beyond Strings, but I'm not an advanced hacker to find all that!
#4 Posted: 00:50:19 23/04/2014
This is some great stuff. I'm glad they dropped the constant fairy talk. Telling me about the camera is one thing, telling me the very basic stuff like 'Press x to jump' always bothered me, even as a kid. And the Orbs being referred to as 'Globes' makes a lotta sense too.
Slow Signs sounds like it could have been either a placeholder, or maybe a removed level as you suggested.

Have you ever thought about submitting this to The Cutting Room Floor?
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#5 Posted: 03:26:06 23/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I would, but it seems they only allow submissions of things still present in the game files. These are from the beta, not in the final game. I contributed to the Enter the Dragonfly PS2 page and they told me that it should only be things still present. I want to create a Spyro 2 page, but I have to find a bit more info on it first.
#6 Posted: 11:21:27 23/04/2014
Really? That's a shame. I have an account there and I've been meaning to contribute to another game, but I just never seem to get around to it.
And thanks for updating Enter the Dragonfly - I couldn't find the info on the Enchanted Forest level anywhere except a Youtube vid at one stage.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#7 Posted: 11:45:54 23/04/2014 | Topic Creator
It's actually a shame more people don't care for EtD and it's Beta. It had an interesting development and having a whole level removed is pretty awesome. I might try to get some unused things from Spyro 2 and create a page, but that might be later on. I'm in the process of ripping the voice and then I have to sort it all out from used and unused. That'll take a while since i have to play the game again exhausting every way of talking to an NPC.
#8 Posted: 17:31:14 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Finally figured out what SLOW SIGNS means... It's the text for the Metro Speedway item. The weird things carrying the street signs that have "SLOW" on them. So that's a good mystery solved. Odd how that string is so close to the levels in that build. Also, I checked the animations in Skelos Badlands in the early build and the only "unused" animation is the Headbash. Headbash isn't in that demo so it isn't used, but is present! It looks just about exactly the same as the final, so yep...
#9 Posted: 22:51:15 24/04/2014
That's one mystery solved. It's interesting that the headbash is still there, just a shame there's no difference. Kinda makes me want to see if any of my old Spyro demos have anything different smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#10 Posted: 11:37:07 25/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, that one's the oldest demo I checked. It's even got the Spyro 1 Rolling in it. It also seems to have earlier swimming mechanics because I've found some glitches involving swimming that don't exist in any other build but that one.
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#11 Posted: 13:39:28 25/04/2014
I'm obsessed with things like this.
Demos, betas - I can't explain it, I just love it.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
#12 Posted: 14:35:38 25/04/2014
Interesting. I know that there's one version, probably prototype, that I'd love to see - The one where the castle walls are covered in water. I got the demo where it was advertised, but to my disappointment, it wasn't there.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#13 Posted: 14:59:24 25/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darchangel
I'm obsessed with things like this.
Demos, betas - I can't explain it, I just love it.

Yep, me too. I LOVE seeing what was removed from games and what is unused. If I could get my hands on the level Chunk file for Enchanted Forest in Enter the Dragonfly, ooohhh boy....

Quote: RadSpyro
Interesting. I know that there's one version, probably prototype, that I'd love to see - The one where the castle walls are covered in water. I got the demo where it was advertised, but to my disappointment, it wasn't there.

You mean the Beta where Autumn Plains had water in the Walls outside? No Demo of Spyro 2 exists where a HUB is included. The only Demos I've found so far are this early build of the game, a newer but early build of the game with Colossus and Magma Cone(Included as a secret demo in Crash Team Racing, but is also a standalone demo), and that same build with Sunny Beach(Oddly mis-ID'd as Aquaria Towers in the Guidebook, kinda ironic...) and Skelos Badlands. Those are the only demos I've found so far. I wish we had a full Beta of the game available! That would be A-MAY-ZING!
#14 Posted: 15:25:23 25/04/2014
Quote: Slvr99

You mean the Beta where Autumn Plains had water in the Walls outside? No Demo of Spyro 2 exists where a HUB is included. The only Demos I've found so far are this early build of the game, a newer but early build of the game with Colossus and Magma Cone(Included as a secret demo in Crash Team Racing, but is also a standalone demo), and that same build with Sunny Beach(Oddly mis-ID'd as Aquaria Towers in the Guidebook, kinda ironic...) and Skelos Badlands. Those are the only demos I've found so far. I wish we had a full Beta of the game available! That would be A-MAY-ZING!

Yeah, that's the one. I saw the screenshot on the back of the cover around 5-6 years ago and got myself excited - But alas, you're right, there's no hubworld demos unfortunately. They're the only demos I've found so far as well, but since the prototype of the first game showed up, I'm always hoping that a copy of the second game will one day be released (preferably for all Spyro fans to enjoy) as well. Someday smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
skulldragon95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1634
#15 Posted: 22:08:07 11/07/2014
hey slvr you mentioned that level from etd so did you post here or somewhere else?
---
Fired up for victory
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#16 Posted: 19:34:40 06/09/2015
Really? That's a shame. I have an account there and I've been meaning to contribute to another game, but I just never seem to get around to it.
And thanks for updating Enter the Dragonfly - I couldn't find the info on the Enchanted Forest level anywhere except a Youtube vid at one stage.

Really? where can i find the Youtube Video? is it early development stages or just game data? i'd like to see this! smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me