darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Official Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Official Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread [STICKY]
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#1 Posted: 19:34:23 18/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Now I saw a similar thread on the SG forum, so I'd thought that a SSF version would be helpful. Here's the link to a thread I made earlier discussing a glitch I found on my Wii U copy of SSF://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=100931
I guess this would be helpful in spreading awareness for lesser-known glitches, so feel free to post glitches you saw in any version of SSF, even the Wii and 3DS ones.

Edit: I'm hoping we could get this stickied.

Edit #2: Please make sure to state the version of SSF you're using when posting a new glitch, so we won't have to ask later.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 10:29:56 16/02/2015 by TTD
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#2 Posted: 19:50:31 18/04/2014
In the 3ds version, the bounce challenges can lock your jump and force you to restart the level if you jump onto another platform in a certain way.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3 Posted: 19:52:28 18/04/2014
Well, I found this awesome glitch in Tower of Time! You get to look at characters up-close.

You know that small area right before you return a gear to the Tower? Do not go to the Tower, instead go towards the way facing the camera and go to the left corner. Keep on walking and then you should eventually go through the invisible wall. Walk forward and you'll get access to the Central Plaza on the main island, but at a lower camera angle, one that you can get close too. All characters can do this except the Giants, because of their size, you can however pay as the Giants after the give has been preformed.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#4 Posted: 20:23:24 18/04/2014
^Well, there is a close up of the character youre playing as right after the windmills and right in front of the checkpoint...

But, glitches I've found:

• At 1 point when I was playing as Sprocket in Mudwater Hollow, she got stuck on the side of the raft and I couldn't move, but the raft kept going through the mines and when I tried to play as a different character, that character would be stuck in the same place

• During a playthrough of Tower Of Time, I was playing as Night Shift right before the end (literally about to place the final gear) when somehow Flynn's balloon dropped me in front of the invisible wall. I couldn't get back in, and was forced to start the level from the checkpoint again.

• If he skates for a long enough time, my Nitro Freeze Blade (or any combo with the bottom half) will just stop moving and stay in place in the skating position

• I've never had it so far, but I hear the Rubble Rouser (or any combo with the bottom half) will occationally burrow into the ground and not come back up

• When I was playing Angry Angry Plants (it was a while ago, so I don't remember specifics) I had died, but instead of stopping, the screen kept fading to red. And I couldn't see anything. (It's a lot creepier than it sounds)

• Sometimes during arena challenges, the crowd doesn't yell out Fire ______ first name. (Par example, playing as Fire Blade, you only hear "Blade! *pause* Blade!)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:09:33 19/04/2014 by isaac343018s
#5 Posted: 20:32:52 18/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: isaac343018s
^Well, there is a close up of the character youre playing as right after the windmills and right in front of the checkpoint...

But, glitches I've found:

• At 1 point when I was playing as Sprocket in Mudwater Hollow, she got stuck on the side of the raft and I couldn't move, but the raft kept going through the mines and when I tried to play as a different character, that character would be stuck in the same place

• During a playthrough of Tower Of Time, I was playing as Night Shift right before the end (literally about to place the final gear) when somehow Flynn's balloon dropped me in front of the invisible wall. I couldn't get back in, and was forced to start the level from the checkpoint again.

• If he skates for a long enough time, my Nitro Freeze Blade (or any combo with the bottom half) will just stop moving and stay in place in the skating position

• I've never had it so far, but I hear the Rubble Rouser (or any combo with the bottom half) will occationally burrow into the ground and not come back up

• When I was playing Angry Angry Plants (it was a while ago, so I don't remember specifics) I had died, but instead of stopping, the screen kept fading to red. And I couldn't see anything. (It's a lot creepier than it sounds)

The glitch in bold happened to me. In fact, that's the glitch that the link I provided was about. What version were you playing? I was playing on the Wii U version.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 20:35:30 18/04/2014
That glitch can also happen with a green screen.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 21:14:58 18/04/2014
Dont know if this happens with every chompy pod, but if you are using Camo, and you create a melon fountain near some of them, like the ones in the Chompy bonus mission, you are able to move them without damaging them. It's quite funny, eve if compleately useless... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#8 Posted: 21:18:18 18/04/2014
It happened to me on Xbox 360
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 21:35:11 18/04/2014
I've had this one twice: I've gotten stuck behind an invisible wall in the Undead Gate in Cascade Glade. With Grim Creeper, both times. In the same spot. It actually happened in the run I recently started. Thankfully, that was easily fixed by putting a Giant on the Portal, since they're larger they'll spawn back to a normal spot. It's kind of funny. Wish I could figure out how to replicate it, but I don't really know how I did it.

The first time I played Motleyville, after opening one of the chests, for some reason my Skylander was falling into a black void. It forced me to restart the level. I have no idea what caused this glitch and it hasn't happened again.

I've had the Angry Angry Plants glitch once, too.

Also, the 3DS game has a nasty glitch where if you've been playing for a couple of hours it can lock up your console. Not crash the game, it'll actually lock up the console- it'll freeze, and you have to hold the power button to shut down your console. There doesn't seem to be an immediate ill side effect to it, but I can't imagine that it's good for your console. It's happened to me four times now: twice in Samurai Springs, once when I was trying to access the Hats menu, and most recently at the end of the final boss battle when Moneybones was using his ultimate attack. I don't know what causes it, it seems to be really random. The only consistent thing which seemed to be happening was that whenever the glitch occurred it was always after I'd been playing for a couple of hours. It's really put me off of playing the game which is a shame as I enjoyed using it for levelling(it's better than replaying Anrgy Angry Plants over and over, at least). Don't have anyone left to level up anyway, though...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:51 18/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#10 Posted: 21:58:30 18/04/2014
Here are some of the glitches I've found on the Wii.

• At the title screen, if Player 2 presses A to continue to the main menu instead of Player 1, the game will get mixed up and think the P2 remote is P1, and vice versa. So when it tells Player 1 to put a character on the portal, it's actually Player 2 that needs to choose and control a character. Reconnecting the remotes so the positions are switched doesn't work. The only way to fix the glitch is to reset the game and have Player 1 press A to start instead. I'd be interested to hear if this glitch is on other systems.
  • Occasionally, if a second player leaves the game, the Portal Master Rank will randomly go up by 2. To fix it, you have to go back to the main menu and start your save file again.
  • I was using Enchanted Hoot Loop when I first has this glitch. My sister was doing a Swap Zone challenge and I was helping her. She failed, and when it went back to the starting point, Hoot Loop's ring disappeared... When I teleported, it came back. The same thing happened today, except my sister was Boom Charge. After she failed a Speed challenge, she came back and Charge's wheel was missing. :/
  • This glitch happened in Iron Jaw Gulch. In the room with the Life Gate, when I had to beat some enemies to open the Battle Gate, one of the Evilized Kangarats I had to kill was stuck infinitely spinning in mid-air. I was Legendary Stealth Elf, and she couldn't get anywhere near it. I should have tried using a different character, but I hadn't thought of that at the moment smilie I had to restart the level.
  • This one happened in PvP, Frozen Outpost. I was Super Gulp Pop Fizz, my sister, Blizzard Chill. I had her cornered, when suddenly... the screen turned white with two black triangles, one coming from the bottom of the screen, one from the right side. smilie Both of the characters health bars were still visible. Choosing "restart" didn't work as even the character select screen was black and white, although all words were still visible. I had to actually exit to the main menu and start battle mode again to fix it. Here are pictures:
  • [User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image]

I think there's a few more, although I don't feel like typing them right now, so.

Oh, and if you're questioning the name "Midget Cog"... IT WAS A FRIEND'S IDEA. smilie
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:00:25 18/04/2014 by Sboy13
#11 Posted: 21:59:21 18/04/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
I've had this one twice: I've gotten stuck behind an invisible wall in the Undead Gate in Cascade Glade. With Grim Creeper, both times. In the same spot. It actually happened in the run I recently started. Thankfully, that was easily fixed by putting a Giant on the Portal, since they're larger they'll spawn back to a normal spot. It's kind of funny. Wish I could figure out how to replicate it, but I don't really know how I did it.

The first time I played Motleyville, after opening one of the chests, for some reason my Skylander was falling into a black void. It forced me to restart the level. I have no idea what caused this glitch and it hasn't happened again.

Also, the 3DS game has a nasty glitch where if you've been playing for a couple of hours it can lock up your console. Not crash the game, it'll actually lock up the console- it'll freeze, and you have to hold the power button to shut down your console. There doesn't seem to be an immediate ill side effect to it, but I can't imagine that it's good for your console. It's happened to me four times now: twice in Samurai Springs, once when I was trying to access the Hats menu, and most recently at the end of the final boss battle when Moneybones was using his ultimate attack. I don't know what causes it, it seems to be really random. The only consistent thing which seemed to be happening was that whenever the glitch occurred it was always after I'd been playing for a couple of hours. It's really put me off of playing the game which is a shame as I enjoyed using it for levelling(it's better than replaying Anrgy Angry Plants over and over, at least). Don't have anyone left to level up anyway, though...

That reminds me, if your at Cascade Glade's undead zone and have killed all the enemies, if your careful enough, you can box to the front of the throne then jump on to the box, then you can jump onto the Throne. If you try to get behind the Throne, you will fall into the Fire Zone. You can get out of it if you have a fire Skylander and if you do, you will see the first area of the level in a different camera angle.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#12 Posted: 22:08:31 18/04/2014
Speaking of different camera angles, I forgot! I've had a glitch where Woodburrow was stuck at a different camera angle. It's happened twice now. If I went to a different area the camera changed but the glitchy camera in the main area didn't. I think I fixed it by going into the Cheiftess' hollow but the second time that didn't work and it stayed broken. I think both times I was using Night Shift. I think the glitch has something to do with one of the training dummies at the top of the yard as it happened after I attacked them.

Here are some old pics of it. In a couple you can actually see how the game stops rendering different areas when you go between them. (You can even see a bit of this when walking to the yard normally, if you pay attention to the grass.)
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#13 Posted: 22:13:44 18/04/2014
Speaking of different camera angles, I forgot! I've had a glitch where Woodburrow was stuck at a different camera angle. It's happened twice now. If I went to a different area the camera changed but the glitchy camera in the main area didn't. I think I fixed it by going into the Cheiftess' hollow but the second time that didn't work and it stayed broken. I think both times I was using Night Shift. I think the glitch has something to do with one of the training dummies at the top of the yard as it happened after I attacked them.

Here are some old pics of it. In a couple you can actually see how the game stops rendering different areas when you go between them. (You can even see a bit of this when walking to the yard normally, if you pay attention to the grass.)
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I got this as well! I can't remember who I was playing as, I think Night Shift though, but then I switched to L-Spyro. Cool Glitch either way. I wish it would happen to all levels, that way it'd be fun to replay them!
---
#14 Posted: 22:35:53 18/04/2014 | Topic Creator

Ouch. Do you'll think they'll patch that somehow? How many hours do you think causes the lockup?
---
#15 Posted: 22:38:49 18/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: AzarianGO
In the 3ds version, the bounce challenges can lock your jump and force you to restart the level if you jump onto another platform in a certain way.

How often did that happen, anyway?
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#16 Posted: 03:26:53 19/04/2014
The announcer forgets to say "Night" when Night Shift wins a battle in PVP.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#17 Posted: 04:23:17 19/04/2014
@ItalianGamer I doubt patching the 3DS game is high on their priority list, considering they haven't patched any of the console games, and n-Space is probably busy developing the 3DS version of Sky4 anyway. So I don't think so. Not sure how long you have to play for it to happen.

Kinda wish you could adjust the camera in the game(at least switch it to a few different preset angles), because the camera glitch actually makes the game look really neat. Heh. Just their way of bypassing tech limitations I guess.

Also, sometimes (on console) Sprocket gets stuck building her turret forever. It hasn't happened to me on Story mode yet, as far as I recall, but it's happened to me a couple of times on battle mode(on Rampart Ruins and Frozen Outpost).

Also on the 3DS version: Series 2 (Blizzard) Chill has a glitch that renders her Wow Pow useless. It works fine in the hub world- where it's essentially useless anyway, go figure- but if you try to use it in a level Chill will be stuck summoning ice blocks forever. Doesn't matter if you get hit or anything. She'll just be in the same stance and cannot be moved.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#18 Posted: 09:26:57 19/04/2014
Playing Tower of Time I managed to be outside the "raising" ring platform when it closed and went up. I was left standing on the edge somehow.
If I fell I re-appeared back on that ledge and the platform was gone. No way to get up again. I had to quit and re-start.
#19 Posted: 10:36:08 19/04/2014
@ItalianGamer I doubt patching the 3DS game is high on their priority list, considering they haven't patched any of the console games, and n-Space is probably busy developing the 3DS version of Sky4 anyway. So I don't think so. Not sure how long you have to play for it to happen.

Kinda wish you could adjust the camera in the game(at least switch it to a few different preset angles), because the camera glitch actually makes the game look really neat. Heh. Just their way of bypassing tech limitations I guess.

Also, sometimes (on console) Sprocket gets stuck building her turret forever. It hasn't happened to me on Story mode yet, as far as I recall, but it's happened to me a couple of times on battle mode(on Rampart Ruins and Frozen Outpost).

Also on the 3DS version: Series 2 (Blizzard) Chill has a glitch that renders her Wow Pow useless. It works fine in the hub world- where it's essentially useless anyway, go figure- but if you try to use it in a level Chill will be stuck summoning ice blocks forever. Doesn't matter if you get hit or anything. She'll just be in the same stance and cannot be moved.

Actually, N-Space is not working on the 4th Skylanders 3DS game.
---
#20 Posted: 15:19:13 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, according to Sboy13's glitches on the Wii version, I could probably conclude that SSF Wii is about as much of a glitchfest as Sonic '06.
---
#21 Posted: 17:43:55 19/04/2014
Quote: ItalianGamer97
Well, according to Sboy13's glitches on the Wii version, I could probably conclude that SSF Wii is about as much of a glitchfest as Sonic '06.

Glitches to me are more interesting side effects uncovered while playing the game. The Wii version doesn't have glitches. It has BUGS. Functionality impacting bugs.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#22 Posted: 20:28:47 19/04/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Actually, N-Space is not working on the 4th Skylanders 3DS game.

Hmm? Do you have a source for that?
#23 Posted: 21:06:23 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I consider bugs and glitches to be similar to each other (a.k.a. programming errors in a piece of software), but I bet Sonic '06 had its fair share of bugs, I guess. SSF Wii probably has about as many glitches/bugs as Sonic '06, but I'm doubtful as i've never played either Sonic '06 or SSF Wii.
---
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#24 Posted: 07:13:44 20/04/2014
In the Air gate in the first level of Swap Force (I forgot it's name), my character all of a sudden fell down a gap between two platforms. The Skylander I was playing fell into a grey area. It soon went back to normal, tho. :-)
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#25 Posted: 09:01:13 20/04/2014

Glitches founded by me
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#26 Posted: 19:35:10 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator
A very odd glitch just happened to me while I was doing time attack in Kaos' Fortress on the Wii U version. I was playing as LC smilie and while I was battling some enemies, I inexplicably went through the floor. as I was falling, the background didn't lose its detail, but after I fell for a while, the game was generous enough to teleport me back to the floor. It's a shame I didn't snap a pic of it via Miiverse. Another glitch that happened before that was one in Mudwater hollow, where one time Snagglescale was invisible, but I didn't get a pic of that. One I did get a pic of was a glitch similar to the invisible Snagglescale one, but the raft was the invisible thing instead of Snagglescale. Pic of invisible raft glitch here:https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfr...fzRxoaNAFaqzehD
---
#27 Posted: 19:37:30 20/04/2014
A very odd glitch just happened to me while I was doing time attack in Kaos' Fortress on the Wii U version. I was playing as LC smilie and while I was battling some enemies, I inexplicably went through the floor. as I was falling, the background didn't lose its detail, but after I fell for a while, the game was generous enough to teleport me back to the floor. It's a shame I didn't snap a pic of it via Miiverse. Another glitch that happened before that was one in Mudwater hollow, where one time Snagglescale was invisible, but I didn't get a pic of that. One I did get a pic of was a glitch similar to the invisible Snagglescale one, but the raft was the invisible thing instead of Snagglescale. Pic of invisible raft glitch here:https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfr...fzRxoaNAFaqzehD

Samething happend to me. I was Dark Blast Zone, though.
---
#28 Posted: 21:56:07 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator

That happened to you on the same level and mode?
---
#29 Posted: 22:02:56 20/04/2014

That happened to you on the same level and mode?

It wasn't time attack, just regular mode, but yes same level. Also happened in Tower of Time during the first battle against Cluck.
---
#30 Posted: 16:24:32 21/04/2014
I remember falling through the board boundary into the game "netherworld" on the first level in one of those bumble bee rooms. Haven't duplicated it since. Details beneath were raw and basic as you'd expect. In this case I had to reset.

I've also been stuck in some game areas, but here the game accounts for it by "resetting" the character into a space where you can move. I think this was kinda a "catch all" coding technique where they test movement and if they decide you can't they "fix it" in real time.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:26:14 21/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#31 Posted: 03:11:09 23/04/2014
Wii Chill s2 glitch: Walk all over them orcas

1. Have her wow pow bought
2. Charge your ice wall till the orcas are in
3. Take her off the portal/place another on the portal
4. her ice wall will be gone but the orcas will remain in place as if your still doing the attack
5. You can't get rid of them but you can walk over them
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#32 Posted: 03:12:37 23/04/2014
Australians with the PS4 version cannot get online.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#33 Posted: 04:15:34 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, here's a funny glitch on the Wii U version: I was using smilie to teleport around in Fantasm Forest, and I somehow got him in an enemy introduction cutscene. Image right here:https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfr...fzR2ZW9wQveHv6n
---
jckelsall Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#34 Posted: 12:56:10 27/04/2014
All those who say the Wii is glitch-ridden - I have never suffered a glitch in it. When the patch was released for most consoles, I think they may have added an update to all Wii discs produced after, and I didn't buy my Wii version until a week before Christmas, so therefore missed most glitches.
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#35 Posted: 13:33:15 27/04/2014
Quote: jckelsall
All those who say the Wii is glitch-ridden - I have never suffered a glitch in it. When the patch was released for most consoles, I think they may have added an update to all Wii discs produced after, and I didn't buy my Wii version until a week before Christmas, so therefore missed most glitches.

The funny thing with the Wii's glitches are that they do not effect everyone. Some people can barely play while others never have the fist glitch. It seems to be hardware based with a strong consideration of how much memory your system has available to it, though to be honest we don't play our Wii's version enough (I picked up someone's dark force starter and it happened to be for the Wii) so my experiences with it should not be considered normal usage.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#36 Posted: 14:06:59 27/04/2014
Quote: gta1134

The funny thing with the Wii's glitches are that they do not effect everyone. Some people can barely play while others never have the fist glitch. It seems to be hardware based with a strong consideration of how much memory your system has available to it, though to be honest we don't play our Wii's version enough (I picked up someone's dark force starter and it happened to be for the Wii) so my experiences with it should not be considered normal usage.

Honestly, the glitches I've came across in this game haven't been too major, but if you're referring to the freezing, well then I also got mine before Christmas, around December 12, so if it's true that a patched version of the game was released, then I must not have gotten one. You are right that it seems to be hit or miss with the Wii version. What's funny is that for the first couple of months I played the game I never had a freeze, now my game seems to be freezing periodically. Although SSA actually froze once too when I played it recently, so maybe there's something up with my Wii. It is 5 years old and has been modded, so.
---
Purple dragon.
#37 Posted: 14:22:18 27/04/2014 | Topic Creator

Well, you're probably very lucky to get a non-glitchy/buggy copy of SSF Wii. I know of a cousin that might have bought SSF for the Wii, and if that's the case and they suffer major glitches in SSF Wii, I'll probably have to tell them to get the Xbox 360 version (Since I know they have one.) and return the Wii version to the store they got it in. I got the Wii U version. It sounds like that little "U" makes a world of difference for SSF, doesn't it?
---
#38 Posted: 15:08:28 27/04/2014
Quote: Sboy13
Honestly, the glitches I've came across in this game haven't been too major, but if you're referring to the freezing, well then I also got mine before Christmas, around December 12, so if it's true that a patched version of the game was released, then I must not have gotten one. You are right that it seems to be hit or miss with the Wii version. What's funny is that for the first couple of months I played the game I never had a freeze, now my game seems to be freezing periodically. Although SSA actually froze once too when I played it recently, so maybe there's something up with my Wii. It is 5 years old and has been modded, so.

The age doesn't make a difference - mine is about 5 years old too. As for the mods - mine is soft-modded, but I have no hardware mods.

Does anyone have a rough date for when most consoles got a patch? Maybe we can work out if the Wii ever recieved updated game discs.
Skorus Green Sparx Gems: 492
#39 Posted: 15:28:53 27/04/2014
I was playing Fantasm Forest (PS3), and when I got to the bit where you find the first rocket shooter trolls, the game went REALLY laggy and after a few seconds, the whole screen went green. I was using Blizzard Chill, I took her off the portal to see if anything happened, but nothing. I had to restart my PS3.
---
Butt.
#40 Posted: 15:48:15 27/04/2014
Quote: Skorus
I was playing Fantasm Forest (PS3), and when I got to the bit where you find the first rocket shooter trolls, the game went REALLY laggy and after a few seconds, the whole screen went green. I was using Blizzard Chill, I took her off the portal to see if anything happened, but nothing. I had to restart my PS3.

Freezes have been reported on most platforms...Wii suffered from a very specific bug depending on Wii version, hardware and available memory. I've had at least two dozen Freezes on PS3 from Dec-Feb...funny though I haven't seen many lately (however not playing story much anymore).
---
#41 Posted: 20:28:16 27/04/2014
Quote: Sboy13

The age doesn't make a difference - mine is about 5 years old too. As for the mods - mine is soft-modded, but I have no hardware mods.

Does anyone have a rough date for when most consoles got a patch? Maybe we can work out if the Wii ever recieved updated game discs.

I think it was around Halloween when Activision claimed that they pushed out a server side hotfix to resolve the issue. I have tried to see if this is actually true, but I still had freezing. The game actually hasn't froze the last few times I've played it, but don't know if it's either just luck or if it was actually fixed.

Oh, I just remembered, here's another weird glitch I encountered; I was playing Motleyville with LC Eruptor, and entered the mini Power Pod in the level to get an upgrade. After it loaded up, suddenly an extremely loud static sound started playing over the music. I had to actually turn down the music volume in the game, it was so loud. I think after I switched to another character though, it stopped. :/
---
Purple dragon.
#42 Posted: 09:47:52 28/04/2014
If it was around Halloween that they gave everything but the Wii a patch, it is possible that some discs before Christmas had a patch included, but not all retailers had them.
#43 Posted: 12:45:50 28/04/2014
If it was around Halloween that they gave everything but the Wii a patch, it is possible that some discs before Christmas had a patch included, but not all retailers had them.

Oops, you know what, I misunderstood your last message. I thought when you meant "most consoles" you meant most WII consoles... the "server side hotfix" that I was referring to was for the Wii. Not sure about patches on other consoles. Still, you could be right about that. Mine came from Amazon, so chances are they may not have sent me an updated version, if there actually are ones.
---
Purple dragon.
#44 Posted: 01:33:18 29/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, the fading red screen glitch on the "Angry Angry Plants" challenge happened to me again, but this time as my recently obtained smilie.
---
#45 Posted: 19:23:56 29/04/2014
A few other Wii glitches:
  • There seems to be a glitch where for some reason, the characters start to move slower when in front of the entrance to the Underhollow in Woodburrow, but when they exit that space they move at normal speed again.
  • I'm sure all other people who have beat the game on Wii know about the glitch where the Spark Lock chest in the Great Hollow area of Woodburrow is impossible to open. It tells you to press -, but nothing happens when you do so. It is still possible to complete the accolades for Spark Locks and collectibles in Woodburrow without the chest, but still, it's a bit annoying to have a chest sitting there right in that room that doesn't even work.
  • In Twisty Tunnels, the area with the quicksand holes and the mini Power Pod is somewhat glitched. If you're in 2-player and try to get near the power pod, for some reason the tether becomes extremely small and you're stuck together in that tiny area and have to struggle for a few seconds to get out. Entering the Power Pod itself doesn't work how it should either, as instead of just walking up to it and pressing -, there seems to be some sort of invisible wall in front of the power pod that prevents you getting close enough to press the button, so you actually have to jump near the wall and when you're in mid-air, you can press the - button to activate the pod, but you have to time it right... wow, that was a mouthful for such a small thing.
---
Purple dragon.
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#46 Posted: 21:48:51 29/04/2014
I am on the Wii U and every time I use Series 2 Prism Break I can only use his Wow Pow a few times before he just does an infinite beam and you can only make hit stop by jumping. As soon as you press the primary attack he infinite beams again and his Wow Pow is no longer useable. I can recreate it every time and the only fix seems to be restarting or changing locations. Kinda cool kinda weird.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
#47 Posted: 21:25:41 03/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Here's another glitch I just encountered on my Wii U version: when I was doing score mode on Kaos' Fortress, a little while after I did a bounce zone with smilie, the bounce zone music was playing in the main level. I tried doing a climb zone with smilie, but that didn't help much, as the bounce zone music still played even after doing the climb zone and getting the gems. Not sure why it happens, though.

Update: After I talked to Softpaw at one point after the glitch above occurred, the music went silent after my character put on the sheep disguise. very odd.

Update #2: The music returned to normal after i got sent into the "Super Duper Guardpost" area.

Update #3: When I was smilie in the same level and mode as described above, I inexplicably fell to the goo pit below the "Super Duper Guardpost" area, and for some reason, the game wouldn't teleport me back to the floor I was on, and I'm probably going to have to restart the level. smilie

Update #4: I shouldn't worry about disc scratches, because when I looked at my Wii U SSF disc, it was in pristine condition, so any glitches I have aren't likely to be due to a scratched disc.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:06:54 03/05/2014 by ItalianGamer97
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#48 Posted: 01:37:46 12/05/2014
On PS3, on the VERY FIRST LEVEL, right before you complete it and get to woodburrow, theres a behive under a swap zone if you jump down. When your inside and greebles are shooting at you, if you fall off (i was using smilie,) instead of respawning, your character is stuck at the hive floor, with no way up. I had to restart the level. ;-;
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#49 Posted: 03:35:30 12/05/2014
Me and my sister where playing on the Wii version (in Tower of Time level) my sister was playing Flashwing and she accidentally fell off a cliff. I continued walking forward 'cause I knew she would be placed back on the ground. A enemy introduction video started and in the middle of it Flashwing popped out of no where and was just standing there. She was smaller then the enemies and I think one enemy went through her.
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#50 Posted: 14:07:41 13/05/2014
I've mentioned it before I think but I've had problems with Hot Dog and his flame wave attack in Fire gate in one of the earlier levels. It was before Motley Vile and I can't remember which version, but it was definitely a Sony console so either PS3 or PS4

Also been experiencing numerous hiccups with some Skylanders, i.e., the game tells me they're level 11 with x experience when I've only just taken them out of the package. Such an experience happened with Stink Bomb;
[User Posted Image]

I have captured a few other glitches on ps4 but I'll have to go digging through my capture library to find them.

One major glitch with the ps4 that people have been telling me about (I manage a trophy guide thread on another forum) that they have been unable to get the 'online' trophy in Woodburrow. Every time they walk over to the sign post the trophy never pops up, rendering achieving the platinum trophy impossible.

One other thing I've noticed, and I'm not sure if it is glitch-related, but whenever I'm using the Vita as a second controller (for PS4), the connection (wireless, using wi-fi so not through the PS4) is veryyyy weak. Frequently I've had to look at my tv screen to see what I'm doing, because the screen on the Vita becomes pixelated and blocky. I can't understand this, because we've got a fast connect, yet it still tells me the connection is very slow.

Anyway, yeah. I'll stop by here again if I discover any more errors in Skylanders for PS4. I've stopped using my ps3 version since I got the game for next gen.
---
This is survival of the fittest~
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me