Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders in the refrigerator?!? [CLOSED]
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#1 Posted: 14:08:16 17/04/2014 | Topic Creator
So I just got done finishing our "Skylanders Easter Adventure" Easter Scavenger hunt...and it ends with a Skylander being hid in the refrigerator (due to not wanting candy melted overnight). I presume it's not a big deal, cuz it's just a chip and it's already within the figure. But is this a bad idea? I was just gonna throw it in there before going to bed Saturday evening. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
---
Here we go again...!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 14:10:55 17/04/2014
Nah, it won't do anything. It'll usually take time for cold to affect the chips.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#3 Posted: 14:17:40 17/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
Nah, it won't do anything. It'll usually take time for cold to affect the chips.

Sweet...I am super hyped for this as I put a lot of time into the notes/clues...and the ending is going to be spectacular. (Springtime Trigger surrounded by a bunch of chocolate gold coins...just don't want the coins to melt...so decided to go with the fridge)

Thanks for the heads up Matteo.
---
Here we go again...!
onslaught Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#4 Posted: 14:29:09 17/04/2014
Hope it goes over good,
---
<(".<) (>".)> Two Kirbys.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#5 Posted: 15:03:28 17/04/2014
considering a fridge runs approx close to 20-30 degrees F it should be ok since that is what it normally is for winter around here and they still work at that time after being in my closet. A freezer on the other hand might not be a smart idea
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#6 Posted: 15:10:41 17/04/2014
The chip should be OK even in subzero Temps, the figure is the only part that would be of concern. Just make sure it warms up before it gets slammed around and all should be fine. (the base is the most likely thing to break from the shock, the figure is pvc and that is quite resistant to temperature fluctuations)
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#7 Posted: 15:43:51 17/04/2014
My skylanders have been out in the snow and they've been fine so far in this damn state that I dont think will ever thaw.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
#8 Posted: 15:59:40 17/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks for all the reassurance everyone. I can't wait for Sunday. smilie
---
Here we go again...!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#9 Posted: 16:15:14 17/04/2014
If they get too cold, the bubble will easily separate from the cardboard.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#10 Posted: 16:17:19 17/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
If they get too cold, the bubble will easily separate from the cardboard.

I can live with that. He's gonna tear open the package first minute he sees it anyway. It's the fancy Easter packaging, but we don't keep any of them in the box. Good heads up though, ya never know.
---
Here we go again...!
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#11 Posted: 15:54:44 18/04/2014
I don't think the fridge will hurt it. Does anyone remember that video of Tree-Rex being sent up into the stratosphere on a weather balloon and still working?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#12 Posted: 15:56:36 18/04/2014
Agree with most - cold won't hurt the figure itself. Heck, the backs of semi trailers get freakin' cold in the winter. They're not heated - at all - and they travel down the frozen interstate at 50-70 MPH and sit out for days on end.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me