Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Gold/Bronze Doom Stone! [CLOSED]
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#1 Posted: 21:16:30 14/04/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161276224076

Not sure if legit, but wow...! smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 21:31:30 14/04/2014
That looks nice. Could this mean that Doom Stone is coming soon?
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 21:37:04 14/04/2014
WHAT!?

can somebody ask this guy where he/she got the doom stone? they live in california, so this is big news!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:43:05 14/04/2014 by ZapNorris
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 21:56:44 14/04/2014
Who cares about the chase, the big news here is Doom Stone availability!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#5 Posted: 22:00:57 14/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Who cares about the chase, the big news here is Doom Stone availability!

yes, that is the REAL news
Mage0069 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1785
#6 Posted: 22:48:23 14/04/2014
I wanna know where and when this guy was bought ASAP!
---
Need Nitro Magna Charge
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#7 Posted: 23:03:45 14/04/2014
I don't care about the variant. I just want Doom Stone, so I can finish my project.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#8 Posted: 23:09:34 14/04/2014
Quote: Mage0069
I wanna know where and when this guy was bought ASAP!

someplace in california
Mage0069 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1785
#9 Posted: 23:49:50 14/04/2014
I know that I mean what retailer
---
Need Nitro Magna Charge
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#10 Posted: 01:18:05 15/04/2014
More than likely an employee. Given the fact that he is also selling a gold fire kraken and Snowderdash.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#11 Posted: 01:25:03 15/04/2014
Imagine being someone who doesn't like the variants... and waiting, waiting, waiting for Doom Stone...

And you finally find one in store and it's this guy. smilie
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#12 Posted: 01:45:25 15/04/2014
The seller for that eBay listing also is selling the special employee edition versions of Fire Kraken and Smolderdash, and the ugly red/pink Dune Bug, too.

I'd wager that the seller is an actual employee of Activision or Vicarious Visions, or maybe a close relative of an employee. Oddly, s/he is also selling things like ... a bundle of twine, and botanical products ... and a sweater.

If Doom Stone was actually out and available in retail stores, we'd see plenty of the regular Doom Stone on eBay.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
skylanderaddik Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#13 Posted: 02:30:29 15/04/2014
I knew he was going to be the new variant for some reason. Now I really have to get all three of them. I'm going to be broke lol!
---
Check out my sites: skylanderaddictsblog.com, facebook.com/skylanderaddicts, twitter.com/skylanderaddict, instagram@skylanderaddicts
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#14 Posted: 02:48:45 15/04/2014
Quote: BahamutBreaker
The seller for that eBay listing also is selling the special employee edition versions of Fire Kraken and Smolderdash, and the ugly red/pink Dune Bug, too.

I'd wager that the seller is an actual employee of Activision or Vicarious Visions, or maybe a close relative of an employee. Oddly, s/he is also selling things like ... a bundle of twine, and botanical products ... and a sweater.

If Doom Stone was actually out and available in retail stores, we'd see plenty of the regular Doom Stone on eBay.

exactly smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#15 Posted: 03:07:05 15/04/2014
This...still looks hideous but not as hideous as the other two. I blame the Bronze. It looks like a chocolate swirl!

The trilogy is complete though. So it's Bronze Trap Stone, Silver Stink Shadow, Gold Doom Bomb.

Mess.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:09:16 15/04/2014 by Hexin_Wishes
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#16 Posted: 12:29:57 15/04/2014
He looks pretty awesome, but the bronze/gold clash is a bit annoying for my OCD side.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:31:19 15/04/2014 by Matteomax
#17 Posted: 13:02:32 15/04/2014
Funny that you say that, Matteomax. When I first saw these new swap metallic variants, the first thing that jumped into my head was, "they really weren't thinking too well, considering their target demographic, when they dreamed up clashing two-tone metallic chase variants."

The whole "chase" variants line-up from Swap Force is pretty awful, really. These metallic two-toners, plus the "green boogers" ones (Chop Chop, Riptide, Scorp) ... just awful, artistically and aesthetically.

Just goes to show I guess, looking at the prices on eBay for these metallic swappers, that it really doesn't matter what variants they produce ... some of ya'll are going to go bonkers for them no matter what. They could design "Brown poop Wrecking Ball" or "Foaming at the mouth Rabid Slobber Tooth" or "Rotted Shroomboom", and people would apparently still throw hundreds of dollars at them.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#18 Posted: 13:41:25 15/04/2014
Funny that you say that, Matteomax. When I first saw these new swap metallic variants, the first thing that jumped into my head was, "they really weren't thinking too well, considering their target demographic, when they dreamed up clashing two-tone metallic chase variants."

The whole "chase" variants line-up from Swap Force is pretty awful, really. These metallic two-toners, plus the "green boogers" ones (Chop Chop, Riptide, Scorp) ... just awful, artistically and aesthetically.

Just goes to show I guess, looking at the prices on eBay for these metallic swappers, that it really doesn't matter what variants they produce ... some of ya'll are going to go bonkers for them no matter what. They could design "Brown poop Wrecking Ball" or "Foaming at the mouth Rabid Slobber Tooth" or "Rotted Shroomboom", and people would apparently still throw hundreds of dollars at them.

Agreed. The only "good" ones are Snowderdash, Gold Fire Kraken, and Red Dune Bug.

It all depends on the "rarity." If there's only one on eBay (and it's the first one to show up), there will always be people who are willing to pay $200+ for it. The bids will slowly increase over the given time, until it's over $500+

Even figures like the Flocked Springtime Trigger Happy will be worth something to some people, whether it be one person, or 30.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#19 Posted: 15:07:18 15/04/2014
Gold/Bronze? Looks more like solid gold to me. A chase variant AND a figure that isn't out yet, anywhere? That's going to fetch a hefty sum from some impatient collector.

Me, I'd rather just have the regular one like the others. Not a fan of these metallic chase variants.
#20 Posted: 15:15:56 15/04/2014
i just want REGULAR doom stone!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#21 Posted: 15:31:50 15/04/2014
Quote: defpally
Gold/Bronze? Looks more like solid gold to me. A chase variant AND a figure that isn't out yet, anywhere? That's going to fetch a hefty sum from some impatient collector.

Me, I'd rather just have the regular one like the others. Not a fan of these metallic chase variants.

It's definitely a gold/bronze. The top part is gold and the bottom is bronze.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#22 Posted: 16:26:25 15/04/2014
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: defpally

It's definitely a gold/bronze. The top part is gold and the bottom is bronze.

I was making a joke referring to the value, not the physical color.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#23 Posted: 19:42:52 15/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Whether or not the chase variants look good or not is a personal opinion. I think it is a great idea to have two-tone chase variants for the Swappers since it fits with the fact they have swappable parts.
---
bye
triggernut Emerald Sparx Gems: 3483
#24 Posted: 20:49:22 15/04/2014
They could design "Brown poop Wrecking Ball" or "Foaming at the mouth Rabid Slobber Tooth" or "Rotted Shroomboom", and people would apparently still throw hundreds of dollars at them.

Ok, I don't go after chase variants at all but if they made Rabid Slobber Tooth or Rotted Shroomboom I'd sell my daughter to buy them lol. Make them in game variants and I'll sell my wife too! smilie

EDIT: And before anyone has a fit, YES I AM KIDDING! I love my family and wouldn't trade them for anything other then a bullmastiff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:19 15/04/2014 by triggernut
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#25 Posted: 23:15:34 15/04/2014
I would buy the crap out of an in-game rabid slobber tooth! Of course, if he wasn't an in-game one then I would probably buy one anyway just for the look!
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#26 Posted: 23:30:37 15/04/2014

Redesign skylanders for an alternate Fringe like universe where skylanders are like the Garbage Pail Kids. I'd buy it smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
arenne Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#27 Posted: 05:11:38 16/04/2014
Hmmm, I wonder why the listing ended so suddenly, before the auction was due to end? Did the seller pull the item off of eBay?
---
Mmmm, BBQ!!!
#28 Posted: 12:13:52 16/04/2014
"Someone" definitely offered him a load of cash.
---
#29 Posted: 13:47:07 16/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax

Nice to see employees of Activision doing the right thing and not profiteering from drooling fanboys.
---
#30 Posted: 14:01:09 16/04/2014

Nice to see employees of Activision doing the right thing and not profiteering from drooling fanboys.

Right, so the Seller not only profiteered from drooling fanboys, but also now likely violated eBay policy by (probably) completing the transaction privately off-eBay after using eBay (and DarkSpyro, coincidentally) as free advertising.
---
#31 Posted: 14:26:33 16/04/2014

Remember - This is the company that has designed a game to hit on virtually every sense that younglings have to make them want (their parents) to spend crazy amounts of dollars on this franchise. In-game commercials, areas locked unless you buy more, giving out in-game achievements based on how many figures you've bought... This entire game is about profiteering in the worst way. Don't act surprised than an individual employee just follows the example before him/her. smilie

Besides, there's no evidence this figure sold off-eBay. Perhaps Activision figured out who it was and said "Hey... wait a second..."
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#32 Posted: 14:41:29 16/04/2014
Looks better than those stupid Stink Bomb and Trap Shadow variants. Ugh.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#33 Posted: 19:15:35 16/04/2014
Quote: UncleBob

Besides, there's no evidence this figure sold off-eBay. Perhaps Activision figured out who it was and said "Hey... wait a second..."

Well, the same Seller is still selling the "gold" Fire Kraken and the "Snowderdash". So, I highly doubt Activision "found out" about a sneaky employee, but then only insisted that the Doom Stone variant listing be ended, but not the other two employee exclusives. You may not call that evidence, but I do.
---
#34 Posted: 20:30:32 16/04/2014
We've seen several of the other employee exclusives up on eBay without them being pulled - whereas this one is one that looks like it's not even really out yet. I could easily see this being a case of "Hey, you're free to sell this if you want, but we do consider this to be covered under NDA until the general release date of XX/XX/XXXX. You can't discuss it before then."

Just proposing an alternative idea that's equally plausable given the amount of evidence (zero) that we have on the situation.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#35 Posted: 19:03:40 17/04/2014
giving an employee a figure with a retail value of $15 fully knowing that the employee can sell it for hundreds if not thousand of $ is a perfect way not to incur additional taxes for both the employer and the employee
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:04:17 17/04/2014 by t7gga
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#36 Posted: 21:55:32 17/04/2014

Must've been you.
---
words. letters. filler.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#37 Posted: 23:50:11 17/04/2014
Hmm...my tru took me in back and the box isn't there. Is it possible that the box is coming tomorrow?
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#38 Posted: 01:58:14 18/04/2014
If you are referring to the Springtime Trigger Happy 4/18 event, some Toys R Us were suckered into putting the box out early. I spoke to a guy at my local Toys R Us who went in the back to find it. He said the box had disappeared. He said there was a guy that said, "There is nothing new in the box. Just put them out." The employee said that the guy must've convinced the manager to put out the contents of the box. I am not sure if there was one in there or not. I am guessing the clown might actually be someone who frequents these forums.
#39 Posted: 20:08:29 09/05/2014
This variant is finally being found in stores, one was found in California, it's on eBay.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me