Page 1 of 1
What Happened? [CLOSED]
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#1 Posted: 19:42:41 07/04/2014 | Topic Creator
This game was the absolute bomb. It was endless fun and you could repeat the levels countless times before becoming bored. Each character was full of such emotion and personality. They had little noises to set them apart, not cheesy phrases in english. This series has been demolished.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2 Posted: 00:28:05 08/04/2014
I wouldn't say it's been "demolished", as the new games have definitely improved in gameplay aspects which have made them more fun for me. However I agree SA had the most "personality", so to speak. I liked that most of the characters all made their own little sounds; it gave them more of a fantasy creature feel. The game also had the best story in my opinion. SF is still my favorite out of the three so far just for all the great advancements it brings, but this game is definitely great in its own right as well; it's the one that hooked me on the series, after all. smilie
---
Purple dragon.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 19:26:10 08/04/2014
Do you honestly regret buying Giants and SSF ? If you could do it all over would you only buy SSA and the related figures ? The original game is there if you want to replay it anytime you want . smilie

As i see it Giants and SSF both DS and console offers your SSA skylanders new worlds to explore and play in .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:32:32 08/04/2014 by Dark fhoenix
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#4 Posted: 21:09:01 09/04/2014
Whilst I enjoyed Giants too, this game certainly draws me back in the most. I loved the random noises too, it honestly was so much more unique hearing those random cries as opposed to their English voices.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#5 Posted: 21:30:24 09/04/2014
Well, I replayed SSA yesterday just to do a few Heroics and a couple of levels, and I actually enjoyed it more than recently playing Giants or SF. Perhaps it's just because I've been grinding on those games a lot and not playing this one for a while but I really do think the game's personality made it more enjoyable because it felt more magical. And I still liked it better than casually playing random Giants/SF levels where I wasn't grinding. I actually played the game on the Wii with my wireless Portal and using the wireless Portal was so much better than the wired SF one which breaks my immersion(though who knows if they could have even made a wireless one, it's just too bad that there's no kind of option for it at all, I always kept the wireless Portal in Giants when I played it on my Wii/U because it was fun).

On a related note, it's kinda sad how the SSA forum has so many of these "I miss SSA!"-type topics now. Maybe I'll try playing the game from the start again and posting about my experiences here, to try and get some more discussion happening. I've been meaning to pick up SA just to play the levels for fun (as opposed to for its Heroics) for a while, anyway.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 07:43:26 10/04/2014
When I got Skylanders in SSA I was more ecited than getting new Skylanders in SSF.
---
#7 Posted: 00:17:34 11/04/2014
Quote:
On a related note, it's kinda sad how the SSA forum has so many of these "I miss SSA!"-type topics now.

I agree . Skylanders SSA . Its right here friends, not dead . Ready to play anytime we want .

Lets cry about it in 20 years when the technology has changed , all the chips fried and all we have is a few toys missing paint or arms / legs .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:31 11/04/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#8 Posted: 21:56:52 11/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Do you honestly regret buying Giants and SSF ? If you could do it all over would you only buy SSA and the related figures ? The original game is there if you want to replay it anytime you want . smilie

As i see it Giants and SSF both DS and console offers your SSA skylanders new worlds to explore and play in .

I actually do! It was a waste of money, seeing as I played some SSA skylanders 200+ hours but left Giants and Swap Force characters below 5.

Quote:
On a related note, it's kinda sad how the SSA forum has so many of these "I miss SSA!"-type topics now.

I agree . Skylanders SSA . Its right here friends, not dead . Ready to play anytime we want .

Lets cry about it in 20 years when the technology has changed , all the chips fried and all we have is a few toys missing paint or arms / legs .

The thing is, I've finished the experience countless times and Giants/Swap isn't really that good of a substitute. It's been kiddified and dumbed down immensely.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
#9 Posted: 00:55:15 13/04/2014
I enjoyed Giants as much as SSA . Its hard to think of it as more kiddy when i play on Nightmare mode . Personally i think the Swop force toys have a more mature look when compared to the originals.

I have always thought of SSA and Giants levels / world as kiddy as Super Mario . That is part of its attraction for me . That cute land over the rainbow setting .
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#10 Posted: 23:09:48 14/04/2014
I've always considered Swap Force as the 'kiddy' game of all 3. No matter what the difficulty setting, it just feels too easy. The cutscenes, whilst I enjoy them, are certainly more kid friendly than the other 2. But to each their own smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#11 Posted: 22:01:21 17/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: RadSpyro
I've always considered Swap Force as the 'kiddy' game of all 3. No matter what the difficulty setting, it just feels too easy. The cutscenes, whilst I enjoy them, are certainly more kid friendly than the other 2. But to each their own smilie

That's what I think.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#12 Posted: 07:37:20 18/04/2014

Although it is the most kiddy it isn't the easiest. Nightmare Mode arenas are pretty hard as you get 300+ damage per hit.
---
#13 Posted: 14:16:56 18/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob

Although it is the most kiddy it isn't the easiest. Nightmare Mode arenas are pretty hard as you get 300+ damage per hit.

I agree, I am actually having a challenge with the game on Nightmare, except for the fact that I have 50+ lives.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#14 Posted: 01:57:33 28/04/2014
Quote: scratchking22
This game was the absolute bomb. It was endless fun and you could repeat the levels countless times before becoming bored. Each character was full of such emotion and personality. They had little noises to set them apart, not cheesy phrases in english. This series has been demolished.

Says the person who's avatar is a Skylanders Trap Team character...
#15 Posted: 13:32:45 29/04/2014
Well i am currently playing swop force . I cannot say its better or worse then SSA . Levels are a wee bit long and steroid hippo is getting bothersome . I miss lock monster but i am glad he is in the DS . The amount of things to explore in the Woodburrow alone get a thumbs up .

That company Vicarious Visions did a great job and made the skylander franchise their own . It has a very different feel to it and thats not a bad thing . I have no regrets .
---
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#16 Posted: 20:14:18 29/04/2014
Well i am currently playing swop force . I cannot say its better or worse then SSA . Levels are a wee bit long and steroid hippo is getting bothersome . I miss lock monster but i am glad he is in the DS . The amount of things to explore in the Woodburrow alone get a thumbs up .

That company Vicarious Visions did a great job and made the skylander franchise their own . It has a very different feel to it and thats not a bad thing . I have no regrets .

I think TFB does better, at least Giants felt like SSA, Swap Force feels rubbery and seperate to Skylanders.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me