Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Any help with getting Quickdraw Rattle Shake?
Page 1 of 1
Any help with getting Quickdraw Rattle Shake? [CLOSED]
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#1 Posted: 15:25:27 06/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm debating on getting Quickdraw Rattle Shake, since my sister wants the normal Rattle Shake for whatever reason, and if we both get smilies, mine from the 3DS SSF starter pack, and hers from the single, we might risk some sort of mix-up between the two. I looked around on ebay and saw some pretty ungodly prices for smilie ranging from $67.99 all the way to $150. Due to the aforementioned ungodly prices, I'm wondering if calling Activision and saying that I had a smilie that broke somehow and have them ship a "replacement" for free to try to get it that way, as I did that for a smilie with an accident on one of his eyes, but last time I checked, you didn't get trading cards with replacements, you just got the figure and its code. I just hope smilie gets to be available more easily soon.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 15:45:39 06/04/2014
Calling them and asking for a fake "replacement" violates their rules/terms of service.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#3 Posted: 16:46:28 06/04/2014
Plus last I checked for swappers they have you send them the broken one first before they send out the new one. And they have stopped replacing variance.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#4 Posted: 16:47:21 06/04/2014
Not only does it violate the ToS, it is a scummy way to try to get a figure.

It is somewhat likely they will do a regular release of him, it is also possible that they wouldn't give you one anyway because they have stopped shipping special figures from what another thread said.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#5 Posted: 22:53:18 06/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, If I really wanted smilie, Calling Activision for a faux replacement isn't an option, but I guess i'd either pay out the nose on eBay for one or wait until smilie gets a regular release, if they do it.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 22:59:56 06/04/2014
I doubt they will be released normally. Wasn't there a story about winners receiving regular Rattle Shake instead of Quickdraw because there wasn't enough Quickdraw?
---
bye
#7 Posted: 00:29:16 07/04/2014
Quote: newkill
I doubt they will be released normally. Wasn't there a story about winners receiving regular Rattle Shake instead of Quickdraw because there wasn't enough Quickdraw?

No, that was a lie from the hotline.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#8 Posted: 00:46:12 07/04/2014
Ok I didn't knew that.
---
bye
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 01:46:46 07/04/2014
Quickdraw will be released--it's this game's Gnarly.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#10 Posted: 03:02:17 07/04/2014
Well was green flocked stump smash get released? Nope so why would the Quickdraw be any different? It was a contest so I don't think it will be out here as a single. I bet it comes out in Germany or France or Italy as a single like Glow in the dark fright rider did. I could see that happen though.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#11 Posted: 03:04:32 07/04/2014
Flocked Stumpy wasn't an in game variant, and they've done the production work for the box etc. It will come. Flocked Stumpy is akin to Halloween Fright Rider. Regional exclusives appear to be declining..haven't really seen any yet in Swap Force.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:06:09 07/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#12 Posted: 05:32:28 07/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quickdraw will be released--it's this game's Gnarly.

If smilie is really this game's smilie, could you take a guess on when smilie will be released to retail? For one, Gnarly was originally bundled with a Wii with Giants packed inside, and Quickdraw was a Frito-Lay promo. But if smilie does see a retail release, I'll probably want to thank you, if it does happen. My guess for smilie's potential retail release should be between the end of the lifespan for S:SF and the initial wave of Skylanders 4 stuff.
---
AcheronXComplex Green Sparx Gems: 190
#13 Posted: 08:16:22 07/04/2014
Too bad I didn't see your post sooner. My Mom won three Quickdraws in the Frito Lay contest. She already sold two of them on Craigslist for $30 each. I plan on keeping the last one, just in case I ever play Swapforce again.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#14 Posted: 09:24:20 07/04/2014
I still have a few extra, but I'm not just going to let them go for money as I'm still in need of two different skylanders that I'm looking to trade for that are about in the range to make it fair.

As far as being released goes, it's possible they don't release him but he could be like gnarly and released in september where pumpkin fright rider is the one that doesn't get released ever.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#15 Posted: 10:34:15 07/04/2014
How Have You Confirmed That Ghost Roaster or is it an educated guess?
Thanks
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#16 Posted: 12:15:52 07/04/2014
From what I recall it was an educated guess based on something saying that he was exclusive until January or something.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#17 Posted: 12:24:54 07/04/2014
Hmph, it would be interesting to see a limited edition 3DS bundle that includes Quickdraw instead of regular Rattle Shake, but of course; it wouldn't be too fair.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#18 Posted: 13:00:56 07/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Hmph, it would be interesting to see a limited edition 3DS bundle that includes Quickdraw instead of regular Rattle Shake, but of course; it wouldn't be too fair.

That would suck this late in the game. I feel quickdraw will come out late like gnarly, but who knows. Maybe he will be the preorder bonus smilie
#19 Posted: 15:00:33 07/04/2014
Quote: shelly9871
How Have You Confirmed That Ghost Roaster or is it an educated guess?
Thanks

It's a very logical hunch at this point, and I expect to see it sometime this fall (hunch again) which is roughly when Gnarly become available. I know we refrain from hype/speculation for the most part here, but I feel good about the possibility. Simply too much work for the box, in game differentiation etc not to profit from it. So they will.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:02:13 07/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#20 Posted: 15:31:27 07/04/2014
If I were a betting man, I wouldn't be surprised for a late Summer/early Fall drop of him like Gnarly. It's not a huge amount of work to make him in-game and print up packaging, but it is effort. Late Summer when they have run out of new things to ship, but still need that burst of interest to tide over til game 4 it would be a good filler, like Gnarly and Pumpkin. I'm of the belief they had no intentions of shipping Gnarly, but they needed to steal some thunder from Infinity. In game variants are always better, because kids like it when he looks different in game.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#21 Posted: 15:34:22 07/04/2014
Because it's an in game variant, it will upset a lot of kids if they can't 'complete' their collections. the 3DS version shows him, and is faded, and a lot of kids will be upset if he is the only one that can't be added to their set.

Anyone not in the US has not had an opportunity to add it to their collection yet. To have a character shown in game, as part of the main collection, but not making it available to anyone except the US is pretty bad business in my opinion.

I see no reason why they won't release him. Other promotions (pumpkin fright rider, flocked stump smash) don't need a release because they are not in game variants.
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:36:29 07/04/2014 by alegeobla
#22 Posted: 18:02:44 07/04/2014
Quote: alegeobla
Because it's an in game variant, it will upset a lot of kids if they can't 'complete' their collections. the 3DS version shows him, and is faded, and a lot of kids will be upset if he is the only one that can't be added to their set.

Anyone not in the US has not had an opportunity to add it to their collection yet. To have a character shown in game, as part of the main collection, but not making it available to anyone except the US is pretty bad business in my opinion.

I see no reason why they won't release him. Other promotions (pumpkin fright rider, flocked stump smash) don't need a release because they are not in game variants.

It could also be the start of a trend of an exclusive for frito lay where they get a variant like that. It's not anything to throw out at this point. At the moment anyone that wants him that badly and didn't win is most likely going to have to go to ebay to get him if they need him now. Acti likes to make a buck so it's not impossible to see him just as a timed exclusive until this fall, but I wouldn't keep hopes up right now.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#23 Posted: 18:13:04 07/04/2014
Quote: alegeobla

Not that I disagree with your logic, but kids typically don't have them all enough to worry about a single greyed out slot. We are pushing close to 200 unique figures, well above those that aren't collectors. The only way to see that slot is in the museum on the 3DS version. You don't know he exists normally in the console version unless you have him, and even on the 3DS the figure selection leaves out ones you don't have.

However, I think from a collector perspective they do consider this a factor (and your logic is spot on). They really don't want to tell collectors that in game variants cannot all be collected through normal means. They also want to keep kids interested through the next game, and an in game variants works well for that (Gnarly was far more popular than Pumpkin). They have this variant in their pocket, the code is in the game, the Frito Lay wording frees them from restraints and it's perfect late game filler. Three variants on top of Wave 5 would give them pretty good spacing right up until game 4.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#24 Posted: 19:38:18 07/04/2014
I hope Quickdraw does come out in stores but we'll have to wait and see.
#25 Posted: 16:42:50 08/04/2014 | Topic Creator
If I get smilie off of eBay for 75 bucks and he ends up in retail, i'm going to be at least a little miffed off, but, if I buy him off of ebay, at least I don't have to wait until the retail release, if it happens.
---
#26 Posted: 17:26:42 08/04/2014
Quote: ItalianGamer97
If I get smilie off of eBay for 75 bucks and he ends up in retail, i'm going to be at least a little miffed off, but, if I buy him off of ebay, at least I don't have to wait until the retail release, if it happens.

That is a risk anytime you get a limited release figure for a premium off EBay. There are a few people that paid a large premium for metallic green Gil Grunt when it was thought to be an internal promotion, then it came out in large numbers from TRU, and a whole lot of people got it for free. For all we know they might ship out ALL of the rare variants at some point in time. It is highly unlikely they will, for example, ship out employee and show variants, but in the case of Quickdraw that chance is significantly more likely given he is in game. It is always a risk balance between getting it now and having the piece of mind you have it and get to enjoy it, or awaiting an uncertain wide release and the price goes up even further.
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#27 Posted: 20:52:16 08/04/2014
I gave my extras to my nephew and my friend at TFB.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
#28 Posted: 04:28:56 09/04/2014 | Topic Creator
What should I do, get smilie off of eBay now or wait until a possible retail release? On one hand, getting him now would be a bit expensive, but worth it if he doesn't see a normal release. On the other hand, waiting until a possible retail release may be a lost cause, but if it happens, at least I might save some money if I buy one soon after said retail release. My mom's contemplating getting me smilie off of eBay as a sort of easter present, but with the fluctuating prices I saw, that might be a little tough.
---
#29 Posted: 05:55:28 09/04/2014
Quote: defpally

That is a risk anytime you get a limited release figure for a premium off EBay. There are a few people that paid a large premium for metallic green Gil Grunt when it was thought to be an internal promotion, then it came out in large numbers from TRU, and a whole lot of people got it for free. For all we know they might ship out ALL of the rare variants at some point in time. It is highly unlikely they will, for example, ship out employee and show variants, but in the case of Quickdraw that chance is significantly more likely given he is in game. It is always a risk balance between getting it now and having the piece of mind you have it and get to enjoy it, or awaiting an uncertain wide release and the price goes up even further.

The only solace I have from my expensive Green Gilly is that TRU did such an inept job at shipping them to customers in bubble wrap smilie
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#30 Posted: 14:11:24 09/04/2014
I luckily won 2 quickdraws and traded 1 for the orange fright rider. I kept the fright, gave my son the quick draw. It would be nice to get a few more of both
Jeramia Blue Sparx Gems: 645
#31 Posted: 00:48:35 10/04/2014
I traded a Quick Draw for a Clear Wham Shell but I never got my clear wham shell. It's " lost in the mail" for about 3 months now. smilie
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#32 Posted: 20:59:10 10/04/2014
Activision hosts promotion to help get people the figure for free instead of buying it......... Consumers then instead exploit it for money. Congrats everyone for making the game that much more difficult for people that actually play the game.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#33 Posted: 23:27:08 10/04/2014
Quote: WickedRogue
Activision hosts promotion to help get people the figure for free instead of buying it......... Consumers then instead exploit it for money. Congrats everyone for making the game that much more difficult for people that actually play the game.

Welcome to the reality of EVERY instant win game, regardless of whether or not Skylanders are involved. This was actually one of the better run instant win games. Most (not all) of the forum members here who were actively reading the forums during the promo did win their figure...and some won multiples...some chose to be quiet about it and some felt the need to openly brag about it on these forums. I didn't feel like going for the limit of 4 for my household...frankly because I make decent money & didn't feel it was worth investing my time into winning more. To each their own...many of these Ebayers spent lots of time playing the game to repeatedly win for their own reasons...time was invested into something they felt was worth spending time in. The playing field was even and the contest was fair...no sense in blaming the game or people capitalizing off their multiple wins since there were a limited allotment for the contest & some people missed out on their chance on winning one. The choices are pretty clear if you're in the market for a QuickDraw Rattle Shake...pay EBay prices or patiently hope for a retail release. I'm willing to put money on the odds that this figure will see a retail release eventually. People with extras looking to sell on EBay may have a limited window to see major profit off these figures.
#34 Posted: 06:02:18 18/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I recently checked the "Buy it Now" prices for smilie on eBay, and they've spiked up a little bit, with the cheapest listing I could find being $90 with $6 for expedited shipping, coming up to a total of $96.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#35 Posted: 22:44:09 21/04/2014
The point is to let Activison know that they are losing profit off of it, if the consumer is making more money off the figure than they are.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#36 Posted: 19:08:12 22/04/2014
Quote: Heirumaru2286
Quote: tigerdr
I still have a few extra, but I'm not just going to let them go for money as I'm still in need of two different skylanders that I'm looking to trade for that are about in the range to make it fair.

As far as being released goes, it's possible they don't release him but he could be like gnarly and released in september where pumpkin fright rider is the one that doesn't get released ever.

I could trade you a sealed S2 Bash, if you still have Quick Draws to trade

No way in heck I'm gonna pay outta my nose for it, on E(vil)bay

tempting but i went out of my way to buy a used one on ebay recently and right now the only thing that's going to make me trade one now due to price fluctuations is a pumpkin fright rider

Quote: WickedRogue
The point is to let Activison know that they are losing profit off of it, if the consumer is making more money off the figure than they are.
people have scalped, sold skylanders at high prices since spyro's adventure. just look at the fluffy springtime trigger happys now. expect any rare figure to go for a lot
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:10:01 22/04/2014 by tigerdr
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#37 Posted: 20:03:29 28/04/2014
Quote:
tempting but i went out of my way to buy a used one on ebay recently and right now the only thing that's going to make me trade one now due to price fluctuations is a pumpkin fright rider

Geez, you drive a hard bargain lol

Oh well, guess I'll have no other choice but to try to snipe a cheap one in a bid
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
#38 Posted: 20:20:41 28/04/2014
It boils down to patience. Can you wait long enough to grab one when it shows up at retail, or snipe one to secure one now. Neither is wrong...I'm not your mama. smilie
---
#39 Posted: 00:04:01 29/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I got smilie off of eBay for $90 plus $6 for shipping and he arrived today, so yeah. Thanks for all the advice though. If they do release smilie at retail, I guess I won't mind, since I got my smilie already.
---
Spinall4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#40 Posted: 02:11:52 29/04/2014
ouch!!
---
I have an unopened molten hot dog,s2 Bash,QDRS,HFR and flocked STTh . Looking for granite crusher,polar whirlwind,volcanic vault and other rares.
#41 Posted: 01:57:26 01/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spinall4
ouch!!

What? Sure, smilie was pretty expensive, but I guess it's worth it, considering that I didn't even have the game when the promo was going on.
---
#42 Posted: 02:44:00 01/05/2014
Quote: Spinall4
ouch!!

What? Sure, smilie was pretty expensive, but I guess it's worth it, considering that I didn't even have the game when the promo was going on.

Sounds like a good price from what I've seen.
---
#43 Posted: 04:40:46 01/05/2014
When did the price go back up, I was sure that he was down to around 50 a couple of months ago or so. But then again I could just be making up numbers in my head.
---
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#44 Posted: 11:25:31 01/05/2014
They were 50 when I looked too
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Zhagas Yellow Sparx Gems: 1258
#45 Posted: 00:34:05 02/05/2014
Quote: tigerdr

Not sure if you are still looking for a pumpkin fright rider but I have an extra I'd love to trade you so my son and I can complete our collection. I tried multiple times a day throughout that contest at all hours of the night to no avail and it's been eating at me since. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me