Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
[OPEN] Severance [CLOSED]
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#1 Posted: 03:17:56 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Severance Index
Main Post *
  • I. Beginning
  • II. General Information
  • III. Starting Off
  • IV. More on Adonis

2nd Post
  • I. Character Sheet
  • II. Adonis Manipulation
  • III. Character Directory

I. Beginning

Adonis was created as a sanctuary between various worlds, a truly peaceful and calm place built of dreams that the creator of Adonis, known only by words and never truly seen, had gathered. The creator of Adonis had built tunnels, massive rifts between worlds appearing as portals on the ground, and many thought that this creator, this unimaginably powerful being, only sought to do good. There was no talk, of course, of how the dreams that Adonis was originally composed of were all stolen, leaving the former dreamers hollow shells, never to wake up again and stuck endlessly in empty dreaming. Those who entered Adonis could not leave. Eventually, there was rumour of large groups of people never waking up after sleeping within Adonis. Those who possessed special powers or skills felt these abilities dull the longer they remained within Adonis.

Meanwhile, worlds connected to Adonis started to crumble, but the skies of these worlds turned into an array of mesmerizing colourful lights, washing out night and day, as time seemed to become warped. It was then that those who were originally used to create Adonis woke up, but now woke up in Adonis, possessing odd powers over the strange environment that seemed to be made from various different worlds and climates.

This is where Severance begins, as your character, one of those who had their dreams stolen to create Adonis, wakes up in some kind of ruined temple alongside the other characters. They are pulled towards each other, and start off without a firm grasp on their manipulation of Adonis, but know clearly that their dreams were stolen, and that parts of them still feel...absent, somehow.

II. General Information

Hello! Wild here, and it's been a very long time since I've made a RP here, so pardon the dust. Unlike what I've did in the past, I'm not going to write a super detailed list of rules, so I'll just put some rules and other info in bullet form:
  • You may only play one character, however, your character doesn't need to be human! Please note that I expect you to write out your character's appearance, so please don't just put an image.
  • This is a relatively mythical RP, with some rather nonsensical elements, but do try to be realistic when it comes down to things like injuries they may obtain, and fighting.
  • You may give your character any abilities, skills or powers, beyond their control of Adonis, but don't make them godly, leave some room for development with their special skills. At that, your character can also have no special skills at all besides what they wake up in Adonis with.
  • Nobody (the characters) will really know what's happening, or where they are at first, but they will learn about Adonis along the way.
  • Please do not control people's characters without permission--and yeah, typical in most RPs, but a really necessary rule. Use terms like "attempts to" when it comes to actions influencing other players' characters.
  • I, of course, allow all sexualities, genders etc. in this RP.
  • Try not to get too far ahead of others, as the group of characters will usually be together. You may have your character separated from the group at any time, though, and I may be able to write out some events for them if you do so.
  • This is an open RP, anyone is free to join.

III. Starting Off

Since Severance is only starting, your character will start off in the ruined temple spoken of in the first part of this post. The temple has many rooms, but as it has been stated, your character will find themselves pulled towards the other characters. The walls of this temple is made out of imperfect white stone, covered in cracks and in vines amongst other vegetation. This section will change as the story progresses so new players can still join in, and know what's going on.

IV. More on Adonis

• It should be noted that Adonis, while originally made from dreams, looks more like a patchwork of real worlds. However, Adonis does carry a surreal, dreamlike quality, and after those who willingly entered Adonis started to endlessly sleep, the weather became constantly changing, sometimes rather hazardous. There are oddities in this "world", things like ice and lava together, or floating islands.
  • There are vast cities in Adonis, but also vast jungles and wastelands. As stated, Adonis looks and feels like dreams, and worlds, stitched randomly together.
  • The majority of beings, besides most player characters, that entered Adonis are now in a deep sleep. They don't age when they sleep.
  • In Adonis, everyone understands each others' language, somehow.
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 15:47:33 08/04/2014 by Wild
#2 Posted: 03:18:31 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Severance Index
Main Post
  • I. Beginning
  • II. General Information
  • III. Starting Off
  • IV. More on Adonis

2nd Post *
  • I. Character Sheet
  • II. Adonis Manipulation
  • III. Character Directory

I. Character Sheet

Usually I'd tell you to PM me, but eh, just reply to this thread using the form below to get added to the RP! c:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:

Original World:
Adonis Manipulation:
Other Abilities:
Other Info:
II. Adonis Manipulation

Adonis Manipulation is essentially a power that a character can only use in Adonis, and it has to be one that manipulates or changes the environment in some way. For example: controlling plant-life within Adonis or manipulating shadow/light in Adonis, or altering the weather, or even telekinesis (moving things using mind), or something elemental like fire or water.

It should also be noted that your character will not be skillful at their ability to manipulate Adonis at first, but you are free to make their Adonis power grow as the story progress--who knows how powerful your character could get?! I will be watching this, lightly, since I don't want it to be super easy to become super powerful in the RP. The group will improve fastest if they can learn how to work together, and learn more about Adonis (and perhaps even its creator).

III. Character Directory

character name - player - link to sheet
Caes - Wild - Character Sheet (Joined at Beginning)
Cymbelina - Dmcrocks - Character Sheet (Pending - Character Sheet Needs Finished)
Erianna Vi'Tharin - Lyveriana - Character Sheet (Joined at Beginning)
Spiral - ShadowMewX - Character Sheet (Joined at Beginning)
Junak - IAmSpyro123 - Character Sheet (Joined at Beginning)
Aren - Rickorio - Character Sheet (Joined at Beginning)
Gawin Caecus - Cynder09 - Character Sheet (Joined at Beginning)
Felicity - prextail202 - Character Sheet (Pending - Character Sheet Needs Finished)
Kouzina - CinderLover - Character Sheet (Joined at Beginning)
Edited 11 times - Last edited at 00:59:43 10/04/2014 by Wild
#3 Posted: 04:19:44 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Name: Caes - pronounced "kays"
Appearance: Caes appears to be a stubby human child who is only in his early teenager years, even then, the apparent kid has long, lanky arms, and yet relatively shirt legs. It looks like he's wearing a robe from the wardrobe of an elderly magician, with how much longer the sleeves, trails, and pants of his attire are than him, which could make one wonder how he can even walk without tripping.

Around his neck hangs a gemstone, round in shape, and aquamarine in colour, shining brilliantly in certain light. Despite his aqua gemstone being relatively small, the string of the necklace seems to strain as if there is a boulder hanging from his neck. His clothes are dark grey, with a slight shine, and are lined with the same aquamarine-type colour as his gemstone his.

His eyes are stark against the shininess of his apparel, for they are a dull grey, and so are his pupils, making it seem like he is without them, and oddly, he is not blind. His faces holds a sharp quality, not physically, but in his expression, and the way his eyes move, his whole way of walking make it seem like he's relatively experienced for looking like a young human teenager.

His hair is unkempt, long, and dark brown--not very special.

Personality: At first, Caes is a lighthearted, calm and friendly seeming type of person, but hang with him for a while, and one may begin to notice certain mannerism, such as how sharp his eyes truly are—how watchful this Caes-person is. Indeed, Caes is a watchful and wary person, while still appearing to be relatively positive, save for his sarcastic streaks while in unfavourable and what he deems 'foolish' situations.

He is, if one dares to peel deeper into his absolute personality, a tangled, unpredictable web of emotions and memory. He is morally ambiguous, and relatively selfish when it comes to many things, but generally, he doesn't seem to be a completely horrible creature, at least, one can hope. There are many things to him, perhaps all of these things have accumulated over his one-hundred twenty-nine years, or perhaps it is just how he is. Earning his trust is difficult, for he is friendly with many, but doesn't get much closer to others than just that.

Original World: Jusuath
Adonis Manipulation: Oddly specific this power is, Caes can manipulate gemstones, crystal, glass, and most forms of metal, but can not manipulate most other “rock” minerals, strangely enough. He can create glass out of Adonis's sand, form metal into things like armour, and form gemstones and crystal. This can be versatile, but is limited by resources in most cases, and due to how specific it is, will be difficult to master.
Other Abilities: Caes can make his body into something that amplifies powers when he is hit with them, he temporarily stores the power inside his body, and then the original user of the power can direct this temporarily amplified version of their power. Too much use of this will lead to injury, even death, and amplifying many powers at once is especially dangerous. He cannot amplify his own powers, and can control, mostly, whenever a power is amplified when it hits him.

Caes, in his home world, and perhaps in Adonis, possesses the ability to use various Maes crystals, as all of his people do, but he is not particularly skilled at it. He also possesses natural quickened healing abilities, but they are certainly not super-healing tier, and only minorly aids him.
Other Info: Caes's home, Jusuath, is a vast world, and he has only lived in one part of it, which is in the underground region of Maes. Maes is a place covered in crystals, and gemstone deposits, which provide energy, and have many other unique properties. The people there all worship the crystals for their powers. When a child is born, they have a certain hue and shade of gemstone named after them, so the gemstone Caes wears is also a “Caes” gemstone. The people of Maes wear their gemstones for life, someone losing their birthstone is considered a grave misfortune, and a sign of upcoming ill omen in Maes.

The Caestone that Caes wears is cursed, although, for he will not age but will live, and the Caestone he wears slowly drains the life of someone he knows, keeping them barely alive and in immense pain. He has searched for the one who cursed him, and searches for a way to remove the curse, but he is hesitant, for he still wants to live.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:15:40 05/04/2014 by Wild
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#4 Posted: 06:05:46 03/04/2014
Name: Cymbelina

Appearance: Cymbelina can be considered the image of beauty. Maybe it's the way her golden hair frames her ponted cheekbones. Or maybe its her eyes, well, eye: a kaleidoscope of oscillating colors that seem to catch you when you least expect it. Maybe its the large white wings that sprout from her shoulder blades. Any way, she is the unquestioned image of perfection. Except for her scar.

No one's sure how she got it - not even Cymbelina. It starts in the top right corner of her face, and runs through her eye, stunting the brilliant array of colors from do their magic, leaving her with one rainbow eye, and one pool of quicksilver: grey and lifeless.

Cym(what she prefers to be called) wears a flowing teal robe, with long sleeves. Underneath she wears plain white underclothes. Her long fingers are adorned with many silver rings. She wears no shoes.

Personality: Cym's personality does not go well with her appearance. She's shy, not very outgoing. She doesn't speak very often, and is hesitant to share her thoughts or opinions. Does she hate people? Not at all. In fact, she desires the presence of others, and often feels lonely when there's no one around. She just doesn't talk. She always willing to listen to others and console them on their problems.

Original World: Working On Itsmilie
Adonis Manipulation: Confused on this one
Other Abilities: N/A
Other Info: Cym excels in music, especially stringed instruments.

*Cym does not age, but isn't immortal. Its a lobster situation. She can die from illness or injury, but not age.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#5 Posted: 10:01:53 03/04/2014
((Sounds very interesting, I'll probably be signing up soon smilie))
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#6 Posted: 10:15:29 03/04/2014
This looks amazing! I appreciate how much emphasis you put on keeping your character fair in fights- that gets a little uncontrolled sometimes! I'll make a sheet after school. I'm deciding between a few characters of mine...

Edit: Here's the sheet! Trying to limit OC posts so I just tacked it on here. :3

Name: Spiral or Spi (pronounced SPY) as a nickname

Appearance: He primarily wears black, purple and silver clothing. That is, he has a black t-shirt with silver swirls and purple pants. Spiral has spiky black hair and wears sunglasses hiding his icy blue eyes no matter the weather. He has a watch on his right arm, and a scar around his eye that somewhat resembles a spiral.
As a dragon, he is wayvern-like. His body is purple with silver horns and claws.

Personality: He is quiet and very to himself, although will sometimes blurt things out. Spiral is capable of showing compassion, but rarely.

Original World: Dalias

Adonis Manipulation: Control of darkness/night

Other Abilities: He carries a hidden sword with him; the handle is made of dragon's scales and the blade is metal made by a human. It is light but sharp. Being part-dragon, he can gain the traits of them (temporarily!) to fight, such as long claws, horns and teeth. Spiral can breathe dark fire as a dragon, although it's quite weak as he has no control over it yet. He can also shift his arms into dragon wings to fly.

Other Info: Why is he quiet? He appears to be human, but actually is part dragon! He arrived in Adonis to escape the endless war between dragons (as well as other mythological beasts) and humans. His heritage makes him marked in his world, and thought Adonis would be a better place to live out his life.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:29:33 03/04/2014 by ShadowMewX
#7 Posted: 16:29:08 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
OOC: Thanks for the feedbacks!
All your character sheets are great so far!

Sorry about the Adonis manipulation thing, it's what I get when I decide to start up RPs at 3 am I suppose. I've edited the description to something I hope is clearer. You are fully welcome to use worlds you've made yourself, in fact, I encourage it. c:
#8 Posted: 19:18:13 03/04/2014
OoC: I was talking to Wild. X3
And I'm still thinking, thinking, thinking... :0
---
IAmSpyro123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3353
#9 Posted: 21:29:43 03/04/2014
Name: Junak

Appearance: he is 6'3, tan, and muscular. He has a brown, military styled haircut, hazel eyes, a bit larger than average nose, high cheekbones, and a square jawline. He wears a loose fitting brown long sleeved shirt with a hood, black loose pants, and sandals.

Personality: Junak isn't very shy. He is often quite happy and enthusiastic to meet new people and make friends. He often tries to stay out of trouble, but when in battle, he can be a complete animal. He doesn't always make the smartest decisions on his own, but he can work better with others.

Original World: Seronia. A beautiful, mountainous world with many rivers and cities.
Adonis Manipulation: Control Earth
Other Abilities: Also knows many martial arts.
Other Info: Knows breathing techniques to relax or help channel someone's powers.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#10 Posted: 22:12:29 03/04/2014
Name: Aren ((No Shadmé, this is a different Aren. smilie))

Age: Doesn't age. (He is an elf. Not a Santa elf, but a true elf.)

Appearance: He is a tall male, about 6'2' and is somewhat tan, tanner than most of his Elven kind. He has a brown mop of messy hair, the front reaching down to his eyes at its longest point, a little on his ears at the side, and in the back to about halfway down his neck. He has bright blue eyes, eys that look so much older than his body, as if they've seen so much more than an average person of his lifespan. His face is an average shaped face (oval) with high cheekbones, a little bit longer nose, though not by much. His face is also a little elongated, because he decided to alter his DNA with wolf DNA.

He has a silver chest plate, with some dents in it from constant use. On the chest plate he has a Phoenix emblazoned onto it. ((I think I worded that right....)) He has a helmet that when the visor is down, it makes him look like a Phoenix. His helmet is also silver. He wears a regular pair of leather breeches, and he has metal boots. Under his chest plate, he wears a leather tunic.

As for gear, he has a shield on his back, that he can use if necessary, with the same Phoenix symbol on it. The shield is a large, circular shield, made completely of steel, with gold rims. He has a sword on his belt, a long sword, with a hand and a half hilt, in case he needs to wield it with both hands. The sword is about a foot, to a foot and three inches, the blade made of steel. The hilt is a golden hilt, with a ruby at the bottom of it.

Personality: He is a somewhat silent person. He is also very, very shy. He tends to stay in the background, silently studying his opponents while his comrades fight. He will on,y step in if his side is losing. He also prefers to help strategize with his commanders, though is also often told to get his ass on the battlefield. When you do egg him to open in the hard shell he has, he is a kind guy, always happy, always wanting to make his friends happy, and will do anything for him. That is a weak spot for him though. If you can get him to trust you enough, you can manipulate him.

Original World: Alagaësia. (I don't own this, Christopher Paolini does. Also, a note, it is in a far distant future, where the dragon riders are no more.)

Adonis Manipulation: Darkness manipulation. In explanation, he can create and control darkness. His many powers include creating weapons of darkness, turning into darkness, and he can also absorb all light in the area, effectively making the sun go out in that area. He can also shadow walk, which is like teleporting through shadows. He can also taint his air powers to make dark tornadoes, and just cause mass destruction with the dark side of air. He can also enchant his sword with darkness.

Other Abilities: He can control air. In explanation, that means that he can do all sorts of things with the air. He can change ten direction it's blowing, the speed, the temperature of the air, even if it makes a sound. He can also summon and control tornadoes. He can also turn into tornadoes.

Another ability he has is that he is a great swordsman, and can beat most people with any weapon. You name it, and he's skilled at it.

Other Info: N/A

EDIT: ((Dang, that was my longest post, and longest character sheet I've ever made! smilie))
---
#hu
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:01:18 04/04/2014 by Rickorio
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#11 Posted: 22:55:19 03/04/2014
Name: Gawin Caecus

Appearance: He stands six feet tall, with a slim, lanky figure. His skin is a pale blue-grey, and his eyes are a deep cobalt blue. He is bald with an elongated face and big ears. He is very thin, having no body fat, and lithe muscle mass. He has long arms with thin fingers, and long legs. He wears a long, white robe that almost touches the ground. The robe is sleeveless with a small hood.

Personality: He is calm, quiet, and stoic. He rarely speaks, unless spoken to, or he feels he has something important to say. He is rarely seen expressing emotion. He doesn't care much for fighting or violence. However, he can be quick to defend himself and others, if necessary. He is independent, and prefers to keep to himself. However, he doesn't dislike or hate people, and he isn't shy. He is able to hold a conversation with someone easily, when it suits him.

Original World: Omaksua

Adonis Manipulation: He has the ability to mimic any form of matter or energy with physical contact. He can duplicate the properties of anything he touches, gas, liquid, solid, even energy sources. This transformation also extends to his clothing. So he if he absorbed the properties of water, his whole body, and even his robe, would become water. Then he has all the abilities of water, until he deactivates his power. He can also camouflage with the matter he absorbs, becoming effectively invisible. He can not absorb a new matter until he has deactivated his powers from the previous matter he absorbed.

Other Abilities: He has the ability to regenerate lost limbs, sort of like how a lizard can regrow their tail after they lose it. However, he can't heal minor or major wounds any better than a human being.

Other Info: N/A
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#12 Posted: 00:24:58 04/04/2014 | Topic Creator
OOC: Fine work, everyone! I'll finish my character sheet, and start adding your characters to the directory. If there are any issues with your sheet I'll PM you, but there's no really major issues with anyone's characters. c:

I may make some kind ofGIF thing related to the RP, basically it's like the intro of some kind to an animated show, but without any characters...and well, you'll see if I make it. We can start once everyone's finished their sheets (mostly me, really). If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:25:44 04/04/2014 by Wild
#13 Posted: 02:08:10 04/04/2014
OoC: Oooh, Wild, that's a cool idea! I'll keep an eye out. :3 I'm really excited to start this RP- it's a really new, creative idea with a lot of potential.
And lol Rickorio! I was gonna comment on that, but you beat me to it! X3
---
#14 Posted: 02:36:15 04/04/2014
((XP Too bad! smilie))
---
#hu
#15 Posted: 04:18:47 04/04/2014 | Topic Creator
OOC: Thanks a lot, ShadowMew c: Alright, I have finished my character, and once Dmcrocks and Lyveriana finish their sheets we can start! Any other concerns/comments/questions?

The whole "joined at" thing (on the character directory) is just to track when characters are made, because I may allow additional characters later in the story. I will definitely allow new people, but the main post will change to tell new people what's going on, I might even add a "story so far"summary if the RP gets a couple pages.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 04:48:50 04/04/2014 by Wild
#16 Posted: 16:22:58 04/04/2014
((Name: Felicity
Appearance: WIP, will have it typed up and a picture
Personality: Felicity is a rather shy girl, not really the one to speak with anyone she doesnt know or doesnt know too well. However, with a group of friends she knows well, Felicity is a completely different person, and is known to laugh a lot.

Original World:
Adonis Manipulation:
Other Abilities:
Other Info:

Its a WIP, just posing it here for now.))
---
#17 Posted: 01:01:43 05/04/2014 | Topic Creator
OOC: Thank you very much! I actually really enjoy the more complicated RPs as well. c: I think we can start posting Intros now, but let's not get far ahead until the others finish their characters. Intros don't have to be lengthy, just whatever you're comfortable with. I'm a bit rusty...so bear with me...

His eyes opened like rusty trapdoors would open, slowly and sloppily, as light filtered into his vision—that was all he saw for a few moments, bright light, for his eyes took quite some time to adjust. Maybe he hadn't opened his eyes in many years, it felt like it, and there was also this...something—something felt missing, absent—a hole in his consciousness, maybe he misplaced something. Slowly, his vision formed: shapes, colours, shades and hues fading in and replacing the formerly intense bright light that was there when he had first opened his lids.

Then, he recalled his name, Caes, he was Caes of...somewhere, he searched for any memory of his home but he could not find it, and so, he stood up, for lying down wasn't going to do much. His legs were wobbly at first, and he wondered why he was wearing such large clothes, it seemed awfully inconvenient. Peering around, he saw that he was in a room of some building, rundown and ancient looking it was, vegetation growing up on the walls, which were cracked and composed of white stone. He looked up towards the ceiling, noting how it was cathedral-like in structure—perhaps he was in a temple of sorts?

He started to remember his home now, Maes...it had many temples too, but not so plain and rundown, there were also crystals...reflexively, he reached a hand to his chest to check if his namestone, the aqua-coloured gemstone hanging from his neck, was still there. It was a relief for him to know that it was still there, warm to the touch as usual, as he wrapped a hand around it tightly. He hoped he was still in Maes, but the atmosphere was sharp, perhaps even having a grim feel to it, it unsettled him for whatever reason. Thankfully, there was an entryway, a rectangle-shaped hole in the wall that might have once had a door. Eyes darting from place to place, trying to keep tabs on his surroundings, he stepped out of the door. He entered a relatively long hallway.

And there it was—a pull, which seemed to be purely of the mental kind, which made him feel obliged to move towards it. He was alarmed by this pull at first, for it was intense, and mental-seeming, as if it was composed of some unearthly energy. Then, like lightning, it struck him, the ghost of an empty feeling...he remembered that he was once dreaming, but then the dream started to disappear...maybe it was multiple dreams, and what was left was something hollow, and unpleasant. He shuddered, whatever had happened, thinking about it made his heartbeat scatter. In the midst of this unpleasant sensation, he followed the odd “pull”, hoping that it would shed some light on the situation, or give some kind of hope. With every step, Caes felt himself calm down, his heartbeat becoming steady, and mind clearing of the fog that was there when he had awoken.
#18 Posted: 02:19:56 05/04/2014
The first thing Spiral felt when he awoke was the cold, hard, ground. His sense of touch returned to him first, and the feeling made him shoot his eyes open. He was pressed against the ground, and it wasn't a very comfortable position. Spiral slowly rolled over to face the ceiling without making any sound. For some reason, it felt to him like he would be "disturbing the peace", whatever that was.

As his vision turned from fuzziness to sharpness, he realized that he was in a marble structure of sorts. It wasn't clean, however- the floor he'd been laying on was covered in dust and dried insects while the wall was taken over by gnarled vines. Some of the vines wound around a column, bringing Spiral to the conclusion that he was in a temple. But why?

More came to him as he straightened into a sitting position, blinking away the bleariness. There were other unconscious beings around, their sleepy sighs echoing around the room. There was a place in the room where dust was absent, so one of them must have gotten up and left. He clenched his hand into a fist. Hopefully that person knew what was going on. He knew nothing except that it felt like a piece of his being, his consciousness had been torn away.

The male got up, or tried to; his legs were stiff, and it took a couple tries. He resorted to using the wall as a support. Who am I? he thought. Wait...I am Spiral. I was born to a... here he trembled slightly, a dragon and a human. Spiral reached up and traced the scar around his eye. I escaped from Dalias. They hated me, everyone hated me... his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to calm himself, but I hated them back. I left. I came to here. Why did I come to here again? Spiral took a few steps forward, and followed the footprints of the person who'd left. Did it have to do with the hole in his consciousness?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:07 05/04/2014 by ShadowMewX
#19 Posted: 02:35:02 05/04/2014
Aren felt a pain. Not necessarily the pain as if you just got punched, or if you had a cut on your arm, but a pain in his head. A headache! That's what it was called. He then realized he was lying face first onto some smooth surface, he rolled over, keeping his eyes shut because he felt as if they were frozen over, as if he had slept through an ice age. He started to feel warmth running back to his eyelids, and started to open them. He reared back, well, so much as he could while he was laying down, as he found his eyesight nothing but a huge blur. He just sat there and waited for his vision to come back.

When it finally did, he realized what the headache was caused by. He felt as if a part of his consciousness, something very important, something he should have, was missing. Like it had just been grabbed by a hand that went straight into his brain and grabbed that thing out. He couldn't exactly remember want it was, but he knew it had to be important if it was missing.

He then looked around in the place, seeing a bunch of columns rising I to the air. And taut the majority of this location was made of marble, some of it messed up and weathered away. There was also a lot of vegetation and vines everywhere. He sat there, studying it, trying to think of something that would be described as this. He started to remember the word. "A temple." He said, still somewhat unsure if that was right or not. He shrugged. "Doesn't matter." He whispered.

He then started to get up, his legs staying locked completely still, immovable, just sticks of meat attached to hai body, no use. As warmth then flooded through his legs, after a few short minutes, he had to stumble into walls, and pillars, as he tried to get up and walk. "So far, so good." He said sarcastically, trying to remember who he was.

He started to have memories flow back to him. I'm.....Aren. he thought to himself I'm from.....Alagaësia. I'm one of the royal guard. I'm an air elemental. I've always been a bit of a silent type, making trouble constantly, and.....I was hated by most people who didn't know me. I was born to.....a very special elf. A half elf, half human. he thought to himself. He then felt the strange pull, just like Caes, and started to let himself be pulled by it.
---
#hu
#20 Posted: 07:39:45 05/04/2014 | Topic Creator
It was difficult, navigating this place, and keeping steady on his feet, for the ground was relatively beaten up, and there was the occasion collection of vines, and other vegetation. The air had a dusty, thick feel to it, as if there was mould someplace, or that he was high up in the air, somehow, regardless, he carried on. Eventually, the hallway opened to a large room, various pillars reaching upwards, snarled by vines, and moss. The area was large, with many hallways and openings leading to the area. The ceiling had several large cracks in it that allowed light to filter through, and accented the area. Light means crystals, Caes thought, and he rushed towards a large area of light.

He tripped, his foot becoming twisted in a vine and making him face-plant into the ground. He let out a long, disappointed sigh. At least the vegetation made the fall somewhat soft. Pulling on his leg, it seemed like the more he struggled the tighter the vine became, so he tried to twist his body around so he could kick off the forsaken plant, or use his hands to escape the vine. After successfully turning around, he had managed to rotate his foot that was under the vine, he looked upwards, noticing now that he was in a lit area. The light that came from above didn't seem to give him energy...it couldn't be Maes crystal, could it? What else could possibly give off light? He then returned his attention to kicking off the vine, but it just made his situation more painful.

Caes tried pulling on the vine with his hands, but that also barely did a thing. “Oh, look, I'm a Caes in distress,” he said, voice laced with general contempt at the ridiculous situation. He glared at the vine he was caught on for, noticing that it seemed to be...moving? He looked around, they were all moving...shifting across the floor, somehow, and all in one direction, to a large entryway that they covered completely.

OOC: If anyone needs a summary of events, ask me. Also, yup, Caes is stuck in a big hub-like area. The vines don't seem to be the "normal" here...
#21 Posted: 12:54:53 05/04/2014
Aren stumbled around down the hall, smacking into walls, and into pillars, and pretty much everything in the hallway. He even fell over one time. "****." He said, having a hard time getting back up. After a long two and a half minutes, he managed to get walking again and was able to see light coming from some sort of great hall. "Maybe that's where I'm supposed to go?" He said, walking towards the room. What he saw was weird. He saw an old man laying down on the floor, with a vine wrapped around his foot, and that it was moving. Along with every other vine. "Are you okay?" He asks the stranger.
---
#hu
#22 Posted: 13:55:04 05/04/2014
The more he followed the footprints, the more he felt a tug of some sort. Not a physical tug, but sort of a feeling. It was strong and relentless, so Spiral let it guide him. A couple times he stubbed his feet on cracks in the ground, cursing his species for its long, draconic feet. And vines scampered across the path, only barely visible in the dim light that was slowly getting brighter...

Luckily for Spiral, the hall opened into a large, open area. He tried to draw similarities between the first room and the second. Both were made of a white stone or marble with broad columns, so he was obviously in the same place. Disrupting the beauty were the ugly, dull vines that stretched and covered everything. One major difference was the size- it was huge. Looking up, he realized that there were long but thin cracks in the ceiling, allowing light to enter.

Light means freedom, Spiral thought to himself. And I must be free. He spread his arms, feeling the familiar sensation of his skin stretching, bone changing, and wing forming. He took a running start and flapped up, slowly getting faster as he was used to flight once again. Spiral swooped around the cracks, growling that the cracks were too small to let him out. I will make this work. His spine stretched on the bottom, muscle forming around it and creating a purple dragon tail. Whirling around, he smashed it into the crack. Not much had happened, so he continued the barrage, desperately trying to get out.
---
#23 Posted: 17:45:07 05/04/2014
Gawin moaned quietly as he became conscious, and his slowly opened. He lay there on his back for a moment, letting his blurry gaze adjust so that he could get a clear view of his surroundings. He lay there still as his vision returned to him, and he lifted his head to look all around him. This place, this temple-like place of white stone, this did not look like home. Perhaps he was in a part of his world that he was unfamiliar with? He sighed and shook his head gently at the thought. It didn't really matter either way, but he couldn't keep laying here.

Gawin groaned a bit as he sat up, feeling as if he hadn't moved his body in forever. He sat there for a moment, staring down at his legs and feet. He tried to move his legs, or wiggle his toes. They hardly seemed to even twitch. He wasn't sure how long he had been laying there, but the lower half of his body felt numb from the inactivity. Gawin tried to return the feeling to his lower half, but it was taking longer than he would have liked. He sighed, and decided to try a faster way.

Using the wall for support, Gawin slowly rose to his feet. The odd sensation of suddenly feeling his legs beneath him came quickly, and he nearly lost his balance because of it. He stood there, leaning against the wall, allowing the time it took for his legs and feet to feel awake and normal again. Once the odd sensation had passed, he stood up straight and looked around.

He didn't recognize this place, and he wasn't sure where he was. Was this a part of his homeworld? He paused, thinking, trying to remember. His homeworld, what was it called? What was it like again? It felt like it had been ages since he had been there. Was he in fact still there? He thought deeper, and suddenly a name came to him. Omaksua. So he did remember the name at least, but not much else for now, and he still wasn't sure of his location.

Then he remembered the name he had been given. Gawin. No, he knew that wasn't all of it. He had a last name, he felt. He knew he must have had one. Ah, Caecus. Yes, that was it. Gawin Caecus from Omaksua. He nodded slightly. Yes, good. At least he knew he hadn't forgotten everything. Now to get out of this place, wherever it was.

Gawin took notice of a series of footprints leading away from this area. He gave a thoughtful, "Hmm," and decided to follow them. As he did so, he felt an odd feeling, a strong pull of sorts. Strange. What is this pull? What is this feeling that he should go this way? Was this the way he was meant to go, or would this lead him straight into danger? Had these other people felt this pull, or were they the potential danger he should try to avoid? He had no answers, but was admittedly curious to find them out. So he followed the footprints and allowed himself to be pulled.
---
#24 Posted: 20:47:09 05/04/2014
Spiral roared in fury as the stone refused to shatter under his power. The sounds of his rage could be heard throughout the temple. NOBODY can keep me caged like an animal! I will get out if it kills me! In his slight madness, he started to become his dragon form. His body lengthened and scales emerged, sharp and purple. Spiral's face elongated, teeth sharpening to fangs. Silver horns burst out of his head and spine, and his legs thickened and grew claws. His backpack and clothes fluttered down from the ceiling, landing near Aren and Caes.

He continued his barrage, attacking with his feet as well as his tail. Yet the ceiling refused to give in, and remained as cold and unflinching as a stone ceiling could be. Why am I so weak? That is, am I weak or are these walls strong? His icy eyes glared at the tantalizingly close light, angered at it. However, he didn't have enough sense to stop his relentless attack, and continued. Eventually, his claws couldn't take the strain and began to bleed a little. He didn't even notice and roared again.

The bud of an idea was starting to form in his mind. What if I cannot escape? What if...the walls are like that for a reason? Spiral paused a moment, breathing hard. That's right. There's probably a reason I'm here. But whoever is in control of this...wants me to see this through to the end. They don't want me to leave now. As annoyed as that made him feel- was he a puppet?!- he was slightly curious as to what would happen if he were to stay. Calm yourself. And don't worry. If anyone tries anything, you are strong enough to stop it.
---
#25 Posted: 02:01:13 06/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Caes, after pondering his situation and what lead to this, likely some kind of karma...or maybe it had to do with his curse, heard footsteps, and cussing. A stranger suddenly approached, looking bewildered, just as Caes was when he initially woke up—and honestly, he still was a bit confused now. In a few moments, Caes would be even more confused. There was some kind of magic...which should mean crystals, here, but there were no crystals. Was this not Maes?

"Are you okay?" asked the relatively tall, foreign-looking to him, individual. Caes nodded, and started to speak, "I'm fine, just...stuck. My name is Caes...you better be--" Words were cut off by the sound of someone else, running...and then flapping, and then loud, pounding sounds as someone...who looked like some kind of creature Caes had never seen before, hit against the wall. Flying. "Unbelievable..." He mumbled, staring as the being hit the ceiling with great force, and made the structure rumble, but it did not give way--which was also equally unbelievable, surely the temple was composed just of mere marble? For the first time in years, his head hurt from all this sudden information--it all seemed alien to him, unknown to him...he had to get a grip on what was happening.

Then, clothes and a backpack of sorts fluttered nearby. "Uh..." Caes started, looking upwards at the now fully...something-looking being that was still trying to wreck the ceiling. "Hello?"He called out, unsure if it was really a wise idea, but it was better than nothing. Maybe Caes could befriend whoever it was, along with the stranger near him...there had to be a way out of this place. He felt two other pulls...he still had no idea what that feeling meant, whatever it was, it wasn't natural.
#26 Posted: 02:58:02 06/04/2014
Spiral faintly heard a voice below him, and he turned to the source. He apparently hadn't noticed before, but there was a tall person with hints of elven heritage as well as a younger-looking male. Have they been there the whole time? he thought, bewildered. If that was true, then it made him feel quite silly. His icy gaze darted from the ceiling to the other beings. The stupid ceiling isn't willing to be destroyed. Therefore, there is no point in remaining up here. Spiral's tail swept from side to side as he considered coming back down. They don't know me, I believe...and I don't know them. But what if they recognize me? What if it's a trap? I can't have them take me back to Dalias!

Then one thing made him change his mind. My backpack! They have it! Spiral huffed a little. How did it get down there? With his current mindset, he couldn't comprehend the possibility that he could've dropped it. He quickly swooped towards the group, realizing as he approached how tiny they were to his current dragon form. Oh stars, I'm going to terrify them... Spiral came to a halt a small distance away, gaze switching from the two beings to his backpack as he tried to think of a good way to get it back.
---
#27 Posted: 03:04:40 06/04/2014
Aren just stared in awe at the dragon. A dragon he thought to himself, amazed at the fact he was seeing one in real life I thought they were extinct. This is definitely not Alagaësia. he thought, looking between the dragon, Caes, and the backpack the dragon kept looking at. "Well, I'm Aren." He said to Caes. "I'm an elf. From Alagaësia." He said, walking forward to the backpack, wondering what the dragon would do if he approached its backpack.
---
#hu
#28 Posted: 03:05:42 06/04/2014
((I dont think i'll join now, but maybe later smilie;
Sorry!))
---
#29 Posted: 03:26:20 06/04/2014 | Topic Creator
OOC: It'sall good Prex! Doors are always open, just finish your sheet, tell me and I'll help figure out how to introduce your character if it's further in the story then c:

--post will be here, writing it, feel free to post still though--
#30 Posted: 13:17:11 06/04/2014
Spiral blinked as the others got a look at his form.They seem awfully confused...if their expressions are genuine, I may actually be safe here. That is, if they don't plan on doing anything harmful. Spiral straightened up a little as Aren approached his backpack, a little surprised that the elf was so bold. "W-wait!" he exclaimed, his voice smooth but low. "That's my backpack!" He too ran over to it and stared down Aren. "What are you going to do with that?"
---
#31 Posted: 19:48:12 06/04/2014
While heading in the direction of the pull, Gawin found himself following the sound of a bunch of noise. Curious, he continues his trek into the other room. He comes up behind Erianne and stops, looking at the scene before him. He noticed that Erianne was doing nothing. Perhaps she had just arrived here herself, he thought. Looking ahead of her, he saw two men, and.... What in the world was that creature? A large, quadrupedal reptile with wings. It was some sort of beast, he assumed. That was unsettling to him, as he had never seen a creature like that before. Deciding not to interfere or take his chances with that winged lizard, he quietly stays behind Erianna, watching the scene unfold from where he stood.
---
#32 Posted: 03:53:43 07/04/2014 | Topic Creator
OOC: Sorry I took so long, wasn't feeling good enough to RP and I was trying to fix my sleep :x

An elf? What's an elf? Caes observed as the tall...elf approached the backpack that the lizard, or whatever he was, had dropped. He was about to comment on how dumb that idea likely was, but the four-legged being was already approaching them. He pulled on the vine more, but again, it was useless, he was stuck, and something that looked like could really cause some nasty wounds was approaching. Though, for as far as he knew, Aren could be far more dangerous. It wasn't like the unknown winged being looked mindless, no, Caes could see sentience, and consciousness in how this other being behaved. Caes was silent as he listened, the being speak—well, at least everyone here seemed to understand.

That was when movement caught Caes's eyes, and noticed that there seemed to be...others? They were far back in the room, obviously keeping distance, and he could barely see them in this light. He decided to say nothing, in case something went sour, so that they had a chance to get away. He wasn't sure if he'd ever actually get out of this vine, maybe...he cringed at the thought of amputating his leg. No way, no way it comes to that. At this rate he was thinking about trying to negotiate with the vines, but that idea sounded rather...insane, but then again, what was happening didn't really seem possible either, and here it was, happening.
#33 Posted: 03:57:52 07/04/2014
OoC: It's okay, Wild! :3 I kinda have to wait for Rickorio here, so it didn't set me back in the slightest.
---
#34 Posted: 23:30:37 07/04/2014
((Sorry, didn't have the time to play this RP.))

Aren put his hands up in a signal that obviously meant Woah, I'm a friend! "Don't worry, I wasn't gonna do anything to it, I was just gonna test you, see what you did if I went after it." He explained, backing a little away from the dragon A dragon that can talk, bit not through the mind? This is a strange place indeed. "I'm a friend." He said, backing away, enough for the dragon to go after his backpack.

But also enough for him to step on one of the vines. "What the-WOAH!" He said, as the vine wrapped around his legs and pulled him to the ground. "****." He said, trying too get the vine of with his hands. After what felt like forever, he still couldn't get them off. "Time to try my sword." He said, grabbing his sword from his sheath, and trying to cut the vines.

((Are the vines able to be cut by a sword?))
---
#hu
#35 Posted: 00:22:54 08/04/2014 | Topic Creator
OOC: Yes, they can be cut using anything sharp! :3 When a vine is cut, it starts to decay rapidly.

Caes closed his eyes, relaxing his muscles, and trying to muffle out the noise around him. It was all giving him a headache, this impossible situation, so in turn he tried to escape it, and clear his head. He thought that if he opened his eyes, he would realize that this had all been a terrible dream. Instead, the darkness of his closed lids morphed into a memory, fuzzy at first, but slowly he realized what it was—a memory that would haunt him for as long as he was cursed to live without ageing. The memory was of sitting next to someone, he couldn't quite recall their name, with large crystals coming out of their body, and medical equipment there to monitor the person's vitals. The crystals seemed to have torn through the person's flesh...

Someone walked in the room, and that the moment where his memory became too fuzzy, so he couldn't recall the rest, but it still left a heavy, foreboding feeling in his stomach. He opened his eyes just when Aren pulled out his sword. He had thought that there was going to be a fight between the reptilian-looking being at first, but then realized that Aren was now trapped by the vines as well. That confirmed that the vines likely weren't the friendly type of moving vine, if any friendly type of moving vine existed. He hoped, sincerely, that a sword could cut the vines.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:31 08/04/2014 by Wild
#36 Posted: 00:47:02 08/04/2014
Aren struggled getting the sword into a position where re he could easily swipe at the vines that had curled already about halfway up his keg. "Obviously not those ones." He joked, trying to cut the vines past his foot. His sword missed. "Damnit." He tried this over and over again for about five minutes, missing again and again.....or was it that the vines were moving before he could cut them? Either way, he wasn't gonna get anywhere at this rate. "Let's hope my powers weren't taken when I got transported here." He then started to use his aerokinesis, by using it to lift him put of the air. He got about a few meters before the vines stopped him from going any further. "Now we cut them." He said, cutting the vines, the part he cut off falling back to the ground. As for the ones wrapped around his legs, they were still there, just dead.
---
#hu
#37 Posted: 02:41:24 08/04/2014
Spiral cocked his head as Aren moved back, obviously terrified of him. Inwardly sighing, Spiral was relieved that Aren was not holding the pack hostage. He turned back to his backpack, eager to get to it again, only to hear a sudden-

"What the- WOAH!" Spiral flinched a little at the sound and whirled to the source. Once again, he noticed something he hadn't before- both the elf and the cloaked person were ensnared between writhing vines. Oh my stars... he stared dumbly, frozen, torn between rushing to help the person that obviously meant no harm and getting to his backpack. Spiral continued to gawk as Aren...floated into the air? He had pulled the sword and was effortlessly cutting the vines.

Well he doesn't need any help...I'll assist the younger one. The dragon trotted over to Caes and towered over the smaller person. "I...I..." Spiral stammered, "I'm gonna try to help you, okay? That other person cut the vines with his sword, so I hope my tail blade will work as well." The dragon placed his tail over the thickest of vines. "P-please don't move. I don't wanna hurt you."
---
#38 Posted: 02:45:32 08/04/2014
Aren tried shaking the vines on his keg off, but they wouldn't come off, even though they were dead. "Well, I'll just cut them." He said, spreading his kegs apart and slicing his sword between the vines, cutting them, and them falling to the ground. "There we go." He said, putting his sword up and floating to the ground. "Now, who are you people?" He asked, creating a whip made of air.
---
#hu
#39 Posted: 03:03:38 08/04/2014 | Topic Creator
He was going to tell Aren that it seemed rather useless, that they seemed to be eternally trapped by the vine overlords, but Caes decided to be quiet as soon as Aren started doing some crazy power things, manipulating what seemed to be the air. It was mildly impressive, and Caes was mildly envious, for he couldn't do that sort of thing...really, he didn't really have many things he could do in situations like this, besides talk, or stare, or struggle.

Suddenly, the unfamiliar winged being was...towering right over Caes, it was an intimating situation at first, but only at first.- "I...I...I'm gonna try to help you, okay? That other person cut the vines with his sword, so I hope my tail blade will work as well." Help, at last?! "P-please don't move. I don't wanna hurt you." "I'm counting on you," Caes said, tried his best not to move, and closed his eyes in case something went wrong...like him losing a limb. However, he reckoned that tails were more versatile than blades, like swords, so he kept his hope up.

"Now, who are you people?" Caes opened his eyes, hearing the sound of air forming, and of a sword. "Hey, hey...I'm Caes, of Maes, and I mean no harm." He said, hoping that the situation wasn't about to get even more tense. He wondered, though, if anyone knew what was going on, maybe one of them had done this... but the priority for Caes right now was to get out of the death-hold that the vines had on him. He looked back at the winged one who had offered to cut the vines. He grasped at the gemstone that hung around his neck, hoping that his namestone would grant him fortune.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 03:16:25 08/04/2014 by Wild
#40 Posted: 20:32:52 08/04/2014
Spiral nodded, and the cloaked person became still. He tapped the vine around Caes' foot with his claws, and was surprised to find that the vine was tense and think. This could take a little effort. And was that just him, or did the vine pulse under his touch? Shrugging it off, he lined his tail blade up on the thickest part of the vine and started slicing. When no damage was done, Spiral grumbled under his breath. Why are you being so soft? Cut it off! He took a deep breath, reared up, and brought the blade down on the aggravating vegetation.

Slice.

The vine fell apart from where Spiral's tail blade made contact, and he sighed in relief that he hadn't seemed to harm...Caes, as the lad introduced himself. Almost immediately, a female mage timidly started to approach as well. Why are there so many of you? Are there more hiding, ready to surround me when I succumb to weakness? Now that Spiral's job was done, he backed off towards his backpack again, staring at the ground, not trusting anyone or anything yet.
---
#41 Posted: 22:44:52 08/04/2014 | Topic Creator
And then, he was free, with all his limbs, no less. Caes stood up, steadied himself, brushed some dust off his pants, and turned towards the one who helped him, "Thank yo-" , but the winged one moved away, returning to his backpack. "M-Maybe I can help..." If Caes had flexible ears, like a dog or a cat, they would have perked up. He turned towards the new person, as she spoke. "I-I can use my... M-my magic... to burn the vines.. but only.. only the vines though... i-if you want me to..." He glanced around the area, following the pattern of the vines to the large hole in the wall that they covered. "That's a fantastic idea, actually..." His voice trailed off, "There's something about these vines, though..." He glanced at Aren, and then the others, who he still didn't know the names of.

OOC: wooo almost at second page
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:16 08/04/2014 by Wild
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me